The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128878 times)

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1350 on: December 06, 2010, 02:48:31 AM »
Kiana had followed Korius out of the cave. Over the next ten days, she pretty much kept to herself except for silently talking to her brother every few days before she went to sleep. While they were camped out on the tenth evening, she listened to what Korius had to say about the archers. "Could just crush them all but no one would go for that..." She thought to herself as she watched the red dots moving. "Would attract too much attention, I guess..." Continuing to watch the red dots moving about, she tried to think of ideas for how they could get rid of all the archers.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1351 on: December 06, 2010, 03:07:09 AM »
"Maaann I wanted some of that rabbit now.." *White said to himself as he quietly without hesitation followed behind Korius* "Well at least we're moving again, I hate being in one place for more than a couple of hours unless I'm sleeping."

*As the days passed he kept to himself reading his books until the next location was met, whereupon he closed his book to meet the red eyes in his view in the distance listening to Korius talk of the fruit that caused the phenomenon* "I wonder if those archers were fooled into eating that fruit or were misinformed about what will happen to them, it's a sad fate for what they may think is a noble cause." *The wolf said quietly*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1352 on: December 06, 2010, 10:37:36 PM »
Talin had followed along silently, more wary and possibly high-strung since Chronin last 'spoke' with him. When they arrived, Talin was able to calm himself down since he could clearly see the threat they were up against. "They might be able to see in regular darkness, but what if its fabricated with magic? Like have Kiana kick up some dust and keep it in the air..." His tone sounded hopeful, even though he compltely believed that a magical cover was possible.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1353 on: December 08, 2010, 12:11:23 AM »
Drevo went on with the others doing Korius' odd training rituals along the way. It took him about a day but he got the hang of it fairly quickly. When they stopped close to the castle he didn't say anything, rather just listen. When Chrono spoke of magical means of entry he thought of that night he saw White vanish into an alleyway. "Didn't White go invisible awhile back? I could have sworn...Yeah...I remember. In the alley. And-" White's voice saying "I'll kill you if you tell" played through in his head. "Eh.....Best let him tell the others on his own....."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1354 on: December 08, 2010, 05:30:13 PM »
While most of the group became quieter and more removed over time, Kitt became more boisterous, constantly chatting to whoever would listen. Even now he could not refrain from almost butting in as Korius explained "Pah- The Rangers are still the best archers in the land. These are merely fools who are mislead and betrayed by their own leader."

He grinned and rolled onto his back, staring up at the tree canopy above "But you are right Korius, we cannot merely walk up to the castle, especially not at night. I have no idea to speak of that would work..." Flicking his fringe to one side he pulled back his hood, turning it into a rather comfortable pillow against the hard ground "We'l work something out. We always do..."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1355 on: December 08, 2010, 10:01:51 PM »
Korius eyed Talin, "That's the thing about the fruits, magic is very visible to them even in the middle of the day. The second you try to create a shroud, you'll have 100 arrows in you before you would have noticed what happened." He then looked over at the child, "They ARE rangers. More specifically, the Pendragon Clan. The Baron himself was also one of the founding fathers of them. He wasn't a leader, but he had been a helping hand in the Clan's creation. That's why we have you, kid. You're going to be taking them out. With the help of Kiana, we're going to try to monitor their movements and find their locations. Use your enchanted arrows for those indoors. Kiana, I know this range will be very taxing on your Majicka, so just rest here after you and Kitt take care of the guards. It won't be an easy fight against a 2,000 year-old ranger, but we'll manage."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1356 on: December 09, 2010, 01:36:07 AM »
Kiana was slightly irritated with Kitt's chatty and cheerful mood, but she didn't say anything or let it show. "The kid lost his father not too long ago, don't take any happiness away from him." She thought to herself, but still listening to Korius. The part about her resting at their campsite while the other went on to fight to the Guardian really caught her attention. "Wait a minute, are you saying you expect me to just sit around here while you all go fight the Guardian?!" She snapped, but kept her voice low still. "There's no way I'm agreeing to that..."

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1357 on: December 09, 2010, 03:42:13 AM »
"Korius, if I could come as well, I could provide defense majicka for you if you think it will help, or if you think I will be too vulnerable I can stay behind. I have been working on a certain majicka trick where we manipulate the area behind where we are walking to appear in front of us via some reflective shields that give the illusion of invisibility. But... well since these archers have a night vision, perhaps the light of their eyes would reflect off of the shield and not work, I don't know exactly how their vision works.."

*A thought occurred to him as well at that moment, he quickly turned towards Kiana* "..Wait hold up, Kiana can't you actually manipulate the material of the castle? I mean surely it's made of ground material. If it is used to fight these archers, there's no way they could hurt anybody if they are fighting against the very ground they stand upon?" *He turned back to Korius to see if he liked the idea with a hopeful expression*

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1358 on: December 10, 2010, 09:39:51 PM »
Talin almost hit White across the head, but restrained himself to keep from making too much noise visually. "It still requires range, regardless if she throws a boulder or if she crushes them against the stone walls they're trying to defend. Now, do the four of us just wait out for them to take out all their archers, or do we use their 'distraction' as our way in?"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1359 on: December 11, 2010, 05:03:39 AM »
"...So what should we know about our target other than he's old, and he shoots things." Drevo finally spoke after listening awhile. "But hell...If Kiana could just bring down the entire castle like the first time..." He stopped talking, figuring that last one was too hopeful. He went back to concentrating and waiting on what to do next. Hopefully Korius could provide some more information. But his biggest concern was that someone would end up dead, that's not something he'd want to happen.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1360 on: December 11, 2010, 12:17:58 PM »
Kitt raised his eyebrows dubiously, but madeno witty remark or snide comment "Pendragon? The name rings a bell for sure, a shame I dont know more about the clans. My father only taught me what I needed to know..." He paused and glanced back to the castle, or what could be seen of the castle through the dim twilight

"So. What do you propse Korius? I'm a good shot, there's no point in being modest about it, but I still dont see how we can pull it off... If you havent noticed, it would be fifty or more bows versus my one." Grinning, Kitt rolled over onto his front and glanced over at Korius "You'd better have some sneaky trick up your sleeve. Because we wont win this in an outright fight..."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1361 on: December 11, 2010, 04:10:53 PM »
Korius sighed and rubbed his temple as he listened to half the group just ignore almost everything he just said, "Again, White. They can see the emanation of Majicka, it's one of the traits of the fruit. Also, like most castles, they are not completely made of stone and earth. Hurling rocks will merely alarm them, and we'll all be stuck with arrows before we know it. Kiana, you're useless to us there, and we can't even get close without your help, working with Kitt. I've heard a very few number of Earth mages can actually use Majicka to use sound vibrations as second eyes, like bats and bat-kin do with sound. If you're the Earth mage I give you credit for, I'm sure you're one of the few." He sighed as he slunk onto his behind against the tree, as if tired, "The Baron's one of the founding fathers of the Pendragon clan, but there's more. He's the one who wrote and trained all the original Rangers of history. He is the father of the Order of Rangers. His combat abilities range from long-range to close quarters combat. He is also the first person who had came up with imbued arrows. Everything that each clan teaches, were first learnt from him. He's a very wiley one, more slippery than any assassin or ninja."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1362 on: December 12, 2010, 01:04:48 AM »
Kiana listened to the others as she sat Indian-style on the ground and had to resist shaking her head at most of the others missing all that was said by Korius. When Drevo mentioned her bringing the first castle down, she smirked at first thinking about having enough power to do that back then and not pass out, but the smirk faded and she sighed. She heard Korius basically compliment her, which surprised her, and although she was still unhappy about having to stay back while they fought the Guardian, she accepted it anyway. "But the first castle was brought down to memorialize someone, not to kill a bunch of people, Drevo. No strategy involved." She finally said after Korius finished talking. "Unfortunately, it's very complicated to make everything fall where it will kill everybody and, like Korius said, castles aren't completely made of earth." With that said, she closed her eyes and pressed the palms of her hands against the ground in front of her legs, concentrating on trying to see through the earth to test whether or not she could do it.

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1363 on: December 12, 2010, 01:16:45 AM »
"Well no one liked any of those ideas, not sure if that means I'm coming with the group or staying here either, all I know is I would rather not give our enemies an opportunity to acquire leverage by kidnapping Kiana while we are distracted with getting inside the castle walls. I can just imagine that happening, one Earth majicka user against several more majicka users. If the Guardian captured Kiana I'm sure more than likely Korius would not let anything happen to her so it would just be very bad for what he could be manipulated to do. Maybe I should stay just at least to hope to protect her, I wouldn't want to see her gone because then I wouldn't have that many friendly companions to talk to besides seemingly the archer Kitt and our team would quickly fall apart without the majicka help. However if I don't go with them and one of them gets shot or worse injured and I'm here, I can't help or save them. It's entirely up to Korius..." *White looked towards Kiana while she focused* "I wonder what she's planning on doing?"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1364 on: December 12, 2010, 01:34:28 AM »
Talin sighed, but unsheathed his volge and stuck one of the baldes into the dirt. Something tells me four days won't cut it for this guy, but I guess preparation is 70% thought, 10% percent action, and 20% percent luck. He took a deep breath, and tried to ease the tension in his body so that the powers his ancestor gave back wouldn't give him away like a searchlight.