The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128871 times)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1365 on: December 13, 2010, 05:01:28 PM »
Kitt glanced over at Kiana. He had never worked with her much, not that she was unkind, quite the opposite in fact, but that they simply never seemed to talk much. It was strange, for while they talked little she was one of the few whom he enjoyed being around. Obviously all of this he would never have admitted to her or anyone else.

Instead he looked back to Korius "Its sad really, that I know so little of my heritage..." He paused and then snapped his fingers, reaching for his doe-skin bag "But, Lo gave me her Ranger's handbook." Pulling it out he grinned sheepishly "I've only read the section on weapons and uniform. They're the parts with the best illustrations..." He flicked through the pages of the small book until he finally reached a page headed 'Clan Pendragon' and started to read silently.
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1366 on: December 13, 2010, 05:05:56 PM »
Korius sighed as the child sat there and read and then turned to Kiana, "So can you get a clear view of everyone in that castle? I know it's a bit far, but any closer, and we'll be spotted for sure. I prefer not to do this during the day, but if you can, let me know. Make sure you get a clear count of 50 that are soldiers. Kitt, you better read fast. If Kiana can get an accurate sight of the castle, we need you to be ready. Remember, we're looking at a full 1,600 meters. Be quick, but be efficient."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1367 on: December 13, 2010, 07:28:47 PM »
Kiana was still concentrating when Korius spoke to her. She raised her left hand as if to tell him to hold on a minute as she was counting the soldiers in her head then placed it back against the ground with her other hand. "I'm only counting 48..." She said quietly while her eyes moved back and forth under her eyelids, searching for the last two. "Wait...yes...there they are. That's 50." She nodded, proud that she had found them all.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1368 on: December 13, 2010, 09:30:34 PM »
*White watched Kiana in amazement* "Damn, I wish I could do that. Now I wonder what Kitt's going to do next, is he actually going to use some sort of technique to kill the archers all at once? That would be interesting to see, also what Korius has planned for me. I'm hoping it's not being laid out as bait for the obviously stronger opponents. That would not be fun, but to save myself that sort of trouble, I should probably not think about it otherwise I'm going to be even more paranoid about everything again." *The wolf stood silently and just glanced at Kitt every once in awhile*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1369 on: December 15, 2010, 12:15:32 PM »
Talin continued to wait for those two while occasionally stretching his legs, midsection, and arms. You would think they send out scouting parties in case of attacks such as this? Come on, they know theres a group of misfits thats hunting down the most powerful entities in this land and they're just fine with only archers at the castle walls? Talin would continue to strech until either Kiana and Kitt attack, or someone manages to trip him up while streching.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1370 on: December 15, 2010, 06:14:55 PM »
Drevo idly examined and preened his weapons. As he did so he pricked his finger on one of the blades as he tried to rub off a speck of something. He let out a small "Ow!" and began sucking on the finger. Still sitting there he thought of how the fight would turn out. "I hope my hat doesn't get shot..." he thought as he pulled his hat down to examine it. He looked at the damage on it, recalling how it got there. After which he let out a small sigh before sliding it back into it's normal position.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1371 on: December 15, 2010, 09:03:38 PM »
Kitt closed the book and slid it back into its doeskin pouch. He slid his crossbow off its strap on his shoulder and checked it over, ensuring the complicated loading system was clean and that the string was oiled and supple. He glanced over at Kiana and grinned. Somehow his simple ability to shoot someone dead seemed much less impressive compared to what she had just managed...

"So. Korius, is there any actual plan? I'm not much of a mathematician, but fifty rangers versus one and an earth mage doesn't sound like good odds." He set about loading ten bolts in his bow, each individually from a special bag that Lo had given him. He handled the arrows carefully, as if they where straining against his grip, each locking into place in the bolt rack set into the top of the bow.

He grinned slyly "Though, what I've got here may tip the odds in our favour. Provided you have a plan other than walk straight up to a castle full of archers and take them on..."

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1372 on: December 15, 2010, 11:57:08 PM »
Korius sighed as the kid spoke, "You're shooting them from here. We're 3 meters past their 1,600 meter view. Be efficient and quick, kid. Like I said, we don't want them to be alerted. After you dispatch them, you're staying here to protect Kiana. Talin, Drevo, White, and I will be running straight up to the castle, but we can't move out until you take them all out. Now, Kiana, I want you to give him heights, distance, and when to fire, all the timing's on you. Kitt, don't aim for the eyes, use your training and shoot where Kiana tells you to. There's a full second difference from where they are and where we are, and you have to compensate for the arrow's running time. We're counting on you two."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1373 on: December 16, 2010, 12:48:29 AM »
Kiana opened her eyes for a moment and looked over at Kitt. "Ready? Because we're starting..." She said and closed her eyes again. "Now." At that point, she scanned the castle with her majicka to find their first targets. After she found the first targets that no one would notice when they were taken out, she started to call out directions to Kitt so that he would know where to aim, what angle, and when to shoot.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1374 on: December 16, 2010, 02:16:32 AM »
"Ah crap, I'm not a fast runner... I guess I have to keep up now, so basically I have to compete with two pseudo-ninjas to get up to the castle as fast as I can... *sigh* I wish I could make some sort of shield that moves the space around me so that I basically walk right to the finish line if that were even physically possible." *The wolf started to do a couple of limb stretches while watching Drevo* "This is going to be interesting, I've never seen him move fast before. Maybe he's faster than Korius, now that would be amusing."
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1375 on: December 18, 2010, 09:28:51 PM »
Kitt glanced across at Kiana, a hot flush spreading up his cheeks. The idea that he was to 'protect' her was almost embarrassed, he felt sure that if danger came their way It would most likely be Kiana saving him. He nodded anyway, readying his bow as Kiana closed her eyes. He took in a deep breath, listening intently as Kiana called out the first target. Drawing his bow up to the instructed level he adjusted it ever so slightly for the wind-speed and fired.

The bolt whistled through the air, travelling in a long arc to the castle. Normally shooting a crossbow at such distance would be pointless, a hit barely guaranteed, and a bolt wasted. This time however, there where several factors swinging luck to their side. The first, and most obvious, was Kiana's ability to spot the archers from so far away. The second however was less visible.

As the bolt neared the castle it started to veer slightly left, taken further by the wind than Kitt had estimated. Almost instantly the arrow veered right again. A slight gold shimmer pulsed through the metal head as it did so, and finally the bolt struck true with a dull thunk, an archer dropping to the stone floor with a crunch...

Kitt grinned, already aiming for the next target that Kiana had called out. Homing arrows supplied by Lo.  His grin widened as he dropped the second archer just as he had done with the third, gold shimmer passing in an instant as it veered through the window of a tower and disappeared.  "Two down... Forty-eight to go."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1376 on: December 18, 2010, 10:12:30 PM »
Kiana then called out the next eight targets. "Make sure you do all these targets and the rest of the groups of targets I give you after this in the exact order I'm giving them to you. If you mess them up, we'll be found out and dead before you know it because they're in certain places where if you switch any targets, another archer will notice." She said with her eyes still closed and her hands still on the ground. She then went on to give him all the directions he needed for the eight targets.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1377 on: December 18, 2010, 11:39:28 PM »
Nodding, Kitt flicked a switch on the reloading mechanism of his bow. Several cogs turned and clicked into place as he readied his bow again. The next shots came quickly, string reloading at a faster pace than before as Kitt fired, pulled on the loading crank, fired, loaded. Each time he fired the bolt whizzed out of view and a new one took its place.

The tenth shot was the last in the current stack, requiring Kitt to pause and load a new stack once fired. He fired and the last bolt flew out to the castle. Faster and faster it sang through the air, wind whistling in its black-feather fletching. It flew straight and true...

Up on the ramparts of the castle, Jeraz paced back and forth, tapping his bow against his thigh. Nothing happened. Every night he paced back and forth, and yet nothing. He sighed and turned to walk back along the rampart for the sixtieth time tonight.

Halfway along his allotted walk he stopped, glancing down. A silver coin was stuck between the stone tiles of the rampart, glinting in the moonlight. Jeraz grinned and stooped down to prise the coin out. He stood back up again and grinned, pocketing the coin "Tonight is my lucky nigh-" The arrow arced up and over the rampart wall to meet Jeraz with a soft -thunk-

At the tree line Kitt grinned gleefully, loading another stack of ten bolts into his bow. He raised the bow back to shoulder height and glanced over to Kiana "Even dad would'a been envious of that last shot... Where next?"
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 12:13:14 AM by Kitt (Santa Claws) »

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1378 on: December 19, 2010, 12:44:28 AM »
Kiana managed to chuckle at the last shot because she had seen what the archer had been doing just before he was shot with the arrow. She went back to being serious after that though and found their next ten targets on the wall of the castle. "Wait for it..." She said softly to herself. Once the moment came when it was safe to shoot, she began instructing Kitt again on his new targets. She kept an "eye" out for anyone who may stray from their courses and see what was going on while Kitt was shooting.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1379 on: December 19, 2010, 11:55:30 AM »
Kitt waited obediently, glancing back to Kiana occasional. As soon as she started calling out targets again he let loose with another volley of arrows. In the space of only a few minutes another ten archers lay dead across the parapets and walls. Kitt paused to load in another stack of bolts "So that's twenty now... Almost halfway there."

He grinned and drew the bow up to shoulder height again, lining the sights up across the castle walls again. The fact that no alarm had been raised showed just how well Kiana was selecting the targets and watching out for any others guards that could come across their dead comrades. Pausing, Kitt glanced back to Kiana with a sly grin "If any are close together, in a group of two or more, then tell me where. I have a little trick that will sort them out..."