The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128868 times)

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1380 on: December 19, 2010, 06:59:50 PM »
Kiana watched as each of the targets fell while simultaneously watching out for other archers who might discover what was happening. None of the others strayed from what they were doing though, proving that she was getting the timing down just right so the others were heading away from those who were targeted. She found four that were grouped together who seemed to be talking to each other, obviously bored with patroling. She instructed Kitt about them first then found three more groups of two each spaced out along the wall to the point where they wouldn't notice the other groups being taken out. After Kitt had taken out the group of four, she followed through and instructed him on how to take out the other three groups of two.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1381 on: December 19, 2010, 10:21:46 PM »
Kitt pulled a single bolt out from a special bandoleer slung across his chest. Unlike the seeking bolts it did not quiver, or attempt to break free, instead it looked very ordinary. Kitt loaded it in manually, locking it into place below the bolt that would have slotted down from the stack above the bow, and aimed the sights across the castle. He grinned and pulled the trigger.

The bolt whistled through the air, heading for no particular part of the castle. It flew straight towards the ramparts and, with the tiniest of shivers that ran down its wooden length, split into ten identical bolts. Each veered off in a separate direction, and each met a surprised archer with a quiet thunk.

Grinning, Kitt yanked back the loading crank, dropping a regular bolt into the firing position. He glanced over at Kiana, sounding rather proud of himself "Ten with one bolt... I only wish I had more than two of those arrows left... Only twenty to go now."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1382 on: December 20, 2010, 02:03:36 AM »
Kiana watched as all of the targets fell from the arrows they received then listened to what Kitt said afterward. "Two of 'em, huh?" She said with a smirk while her eyes were still closed. "Well I think it's time to use both of them or at least one more." She found the last twenty of the archers which were in random groupings, though some of them were standing by themselves. She gave directions for all of them even though she knew Kitt would only be using one or two arrows to do the job. Then she waited for Kitt to send the arrows flying and watch the last of the archers fall while keeping an "eye" out in case anyone changed position.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1383 on: December 20, 2010, 12:49:47 PM »
Raising his bow, Kitt let launch  with several seeking arrows one after another, taking out the archers who stood alone. Finally, and with only fourteen of the archers left standing, he loaded another enchanted arrow "The more targets there are, the more the arrow has to split, and so the weaker each of its copies are. I could have shot the arrow at all twenty of them, but taking as many out first decreases the chance of any arrows missing..."

He grinned and levelled the sights towards the final group.The bolt flew with a muffled thunk and disappeared. He dropped the bow down to his side and glanced over to Kiana "Got 'em?"

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1384 on: December 21, 2010, 12:00:41 AM »
Kiana was silent for a moment. Kitt had gotten all of his targets but she wanted to see if she could make him worry a bit about it first. After a minute of silence, she finally took her hands off of the ground then opened her eyes and looked at Kitt. "Fifty targets..." She said with a straight look on her face. "Down and out." Finally a smirk appeared on her lips as she looked at him. It slowly faded from her face though as she looked over at Korius. "Guess it's time for you guys to finish it." She said, obviously still not happy that she wasn't going to be permitted to fight. It could be seen in her eyes that she was low on energy though and she would be useless in the fight.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1385 on: December 21, 2010, 12:37:19 PM »
Kitt waited with growing tension as Kiana said nothing, gripping his bow tighter than necessary and chewing his lip. Finally he gave a great sigh of relief as she told him and literally jumped for joy. He grinned up at her and across at the rest of the group. Sliding his hand underneath his cloak he ran a finger across the moon and sun emblem of the Rangers burnt into his skin. He sighed, the innocence of childhood was long gone...

Placing his hand back onto the pommel of his sword he nodded to Korius "You better get back here in one piece. Or else I just wasted a hell'ova lot of arrows..." He grinned and sat down with his back against a tree, hood up and massaging his arm and wrist...

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1386 on: December 21, 2010, 10:27:48 PM »
Korius nodded to the kid as he got up to run, "Talin, help carry White, since you're the slowest of us all. Drevo, try to keep up." Korius' figure seemed to fade into a blur as he quickly ran down the hill through the empty streets. It was a matter of seconds for Korius and Drevo to get half-way there, when Korius then jump and ricocheted between buildings and hopped up on the roofs, stopping to turn and watch Talin's progress with White for a split second before continuing on, jumping roofs this time. At the base of the castle walls, Korius unhinged and launched Valia straight at the wall and stopped, extending his arm out, and launched Drevo up before jumping up to Valia himself and pulled it out of the wall as he made his second jump up the rest of the wall. He then re-holstered the large sword before dropping a long rope down the wall, and tying it tight before leading Drevo down the other end and through the halls, trying to find the Baron.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1387 on: December 22, 2010, 02:30:29 AM »
After the others ran off, Kiana sighed. "We're going to miss everything..." Sounding like a child who was going to be late to some interesting event. She sat there for a moment, staring at the ground a few feet in front of her. Finally she realized something after a bit. "Wait a minute...I may miss actually being involved with the fight, but I can still watch it." She smiled a tiny bit, closing her eyes and putting her hands against the ground. She almost instantly became light-headed though so her smile disappeared and she let out an "ugh" as she took her hands off the ground, putting her head in them. "Guess that's not happening..." She groaned.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1388 on: December 22, 2010, 03:35:59 AM »
*White looked down at Talin as he was being carried* "Well this was not what I expected, but it's almost amusing. I wanna say something like run faster and crack a whip, but I think at that point he would severely beat me to death, but gotta enjoy the little things inbetween a subtle moment and perhaps one of the last battles I might live to see. Talin is pretty fast even though he's carrying someone, I think by me not even seeing Korius move from point A to B I wouldn't stand a ghost of a chance to catch up in even a couple of minutes." *The wolf sighed and just kept looking forward to the castle*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1389 on: December 24, 2010, 02:39:19 AM »
"Since you're the slowest" huh?! I'll show him!! Talin's competitive and arguable arrogant side started to show as he was pushing himself to move faster than he probably should for someone carrying another person while freerunning. When the two reached the wall that Korius tossed Drevo up, he went up to the marks in the wall and repositioned White to wrap his arms around his shoulders. He then grabbed onto the dents in the masonry, his new talons digging in to give him a much better grip than if he was still entirely wolf. 'Just like a cliff, but its easier to recover if something comes loose. Just like a town or city, but only the strong make it effortless.' Of all times for me to remember their lectures on freerunning, it had to be when I'm carrying someone! He continued to seethe as he fought for every three feet until reaching the top and only stopped for half a moment to breathe before catching up with Korius and Drevo. "Why do you leave me with the healer, and then start showing off with tossing people around?"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1390 on: December 24, 2010, 05:35:29 PM »
Drevo was glad he was able to get going, when Korius took off he couldn't keep up but he was almost as fast. Taking Korius' hand up and over then down. Once down he scanned the area in hopes their stealthy infiltration was a success. He didn't see anyone at first so he relaxed before waiting on the others. When they got there and took off he kept his eyes open for any dangers, and the Baron. Hopefully they would just find him and get out.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1391 on: December 24, 2010, 06:36:23 PM »
Kitt glanced over at Kiana as she attempted to cast her 'eye' over the castle again. He watched, unsurprised, as she stopped almost immediately. With a sigh he clenched and unclenched his fist, wincing slightly. Cramp was one of the most dangerous enemies to an archer. Getting to his feet Kitt drew his sword and swung it absent-mindedly "Well, I guess neither of us would be in good enough condition to fight. Really we would just hinder Korius..."

He swung the shortsword in lazy arcs, cutting at imaginary foes, sidestepping and blocking the imaginary attacks slowly and purposefully. Finally he grew bored of sword practice, made all the more boring by not having a partner with which to practice, and instead sat down opposite Kiana. He sat a good distance away from her and watched curiously from under his hood.

He cleared his throat "Uh.. Kiana?" He paused, picking at a loose stitch in his muted green cloak "Do you think I will ever find my mother? Me and my Dad searched for so long and..." He glanced up at Kiana "... Well. I was just wondering if he ever expected to find her..."

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1392 on: December 24, 2010, 11:27:40 PM »
Korius cursed under his breath as he searched around with Drevo, Talin trailing behind with White on his back. Without a sound, an arrow shot right in front of Korius' face. He abruptly stopped and tried to see where the arrow came from, but it was nothing but an empty area. Another arrow came in and hit Valia's hilt, just behind Korius' neck. "Holy shit!" Korius scattered, motioning for the others to follow. The arrows continued to barrage the group, but they were barely off their mark, literally only by a single millimeter, since all their speeds are well over the normal warrior, however, it was more taxing for Talin, since he's not used to moving as fast himself, let alone having a passenger. "Drevo, we need to find Dikenschtein, and fast. Talin can't keep up this speed for much longer. But be careful, don't slow down. His shots are extremely accurate and silent. Even I'm not able to hear the shots that are puncturing through the walls. I'll try to give Talin and White cover if they slow down."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1393 on: December 25, 2010, 03:23:21 AM »
Kiana lowered her hands down to rest on her lap and listened to what Kitt said after her failed attempt at "seeing" what was happening. "I hate being useless..." She muttered, glaring at the ground. When Kitt got up and started practicing sword fighting, she looked at him and watched him at random moments. When he sat down across from her and addressed her, she looked up at him. "I'm not really the person you should be asking questions about that connect with having hope..." She responded, looking back at the ground. "All I can say is, if you believe that you will find her, then keep believing it. You're a good kid. You don't want to end up like me." She chuckled slightly and smirked, glancing up at him through her bangs without raising her head.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1394 on: December 25, 2010, 07:32:45 AM »
*A couple of arrows whizzed past his head and cut some of the hair on his ears* "Oh crap I don't want to die yet!" *White quickly put up a light barrier on himself and then Talin* "Just keep running, this shield isn't going to hold for very long, especially since whatever is shooting isn't too bad at hitting targets either..." "And now this bright shield basically says 'hit me' in the dark background of this area." *He held onto Talin with one arm and gripped the knife in his robe* "I hope it doesn't come down to using the backup energy stored otherwise our chances against the boss here will not be so good perhaps."
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer