The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128863 times)

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1410 on: December 29, 2010, 02:09:49 AM »
*Upon seeing the three bolts come forth, the wolf high tailed it out of the way and rolled over into a corner of the area* "Dammit I'm a doctor, not a warrior!" *He looked over to Talin to see how he was doing and started working on a new shield* "We'll turn the cards in our favor my hybrid friend, pay no mind to me while I work and make sure this enemy doesn't notice me trying to do my majicka." "Hopefully this attempt proves useful to somebody, I would try to help out Korius or Drevo, but they are moving so quickly and are closer than Talin so it probably wouldn't work without being noticed."
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1411 on: December 29, 2010, 02:15:06 AM »
Korius quickly jumped in with the katana, sure that Valia was firm enough pinned into the ground to not get pulled out just by anyone. The shortsword stopped just within a hair's width of Drevo's throat, and Korius kicked Dikenschtein back a few feet. "What the hell are you two doing, Talin!? White!?" For a short burst, his eyes glowed again and Korius shot a wind cutter at Dikenschtein, who then bent backwards, dodging by a mere hair's width as well, and drew the repeater bow from the holster at the same time and fired 5 shots towards Korius and Drevo.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1412 on: December 29, 2010, 04:30:58 AM »
Talin finally got his bearings, and let more of his power out, changing the volge from its normally heavy form to its much lighter and much more 'natural' state. He couldn't tell if his legs were hurting from the strain as he got in front of the shots and knocked them away with the spin of his blades. "I guess I'm just waiting for the moment to save your butt, since I'm too slow to fight and save you! Now, where were we?" He shifted back into his offensive stance, and then started to run in circles around Dikenchtein, slowly closing in while keeping his volge close enough to deflect any shots the old ranger might fire off.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 02:31:56 PM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1413 on: December 29, 2010, 11:06:00 AM »
Kitt sat with the whetstone still held just above the blade of his sword. He let the hand drop to his side, staring across at Kiana. With a mumble he glanced down at the ground "I didnt know..." He sat awkwardly, picking again at the same loose thread in his cloak. Finally he looked back up "You weren't useless though. We where all less trained, less ready back then... We should be glad really that so many of us have survived this far."

With a sigh, Kitt stood up and sheathed his sword. He paced back and forth like a caged animal, and then sat back down again, crossing his legs agitatedly. Still fidgeting restlessly Kitt glanced back over at Kiana "Your brother..." He scratched the nape of his neck, glancing back down to the ground "What-   What was he like?  He sounds like a real good guy..."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1414 on: December 29, 2010, 11:28:28 PM »
Kiana shrugged. "Of course you didn't. We didn't hand out our life stories when we joined this group." She responded to his statement that he didn't know. While Kitt went through his restless moment, she continued to run her finger through the dirt. She was either drawing something really intricate or not really drawing anything and just running her finger through the dirt to occupy herself. When Kitt asked his next question, she smiled slightly at the memories that flooded her mind, but quickly shook her head, her smile disappearing, when the last memory was his death. "He was a great guy and an excellent fighter. He took care of me. He made me who I am today...except he has nothing to do with my bad attitude and me neglecting my emotions. Well...he does, but...well, his death is the problem, not him. It's hard to let go of something when you feel like you could have changed how things happened." She sighed and rubbed the back of her neck with her free hand. "To sum it up, he was a better person than I will ever be."

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1415 on: December 30, 2010, 12:02:31 AM »
Dikenschtein stood back up straight and kept only an eye on Talin as he closed in, seeing Talin in almost what seemed to him to be slow motion. He kept his eye on the messed up wolf's feet, seeing the strain that it's going through and quickly reloaded the 8-shot repeater bow in an instant and fired straight at Talin's legs, creating an opening enough to rush Korius and Drevo, while making Talin put more strain on his legs. Korius quickly grabbed Drevo's shoulder and tossed the wolf into the air, taking his stance, Shadow Kill Strike: Wind Form Dikenschtein's blade glowed a bright blue with magical runes and clashed with the invisible slashes coming from Korius' attack. Major attacks down the middle were blocked, but many swipes began to eat away at Dikenschtein's hand and arm. The temporary impact sent Dikenschtein flying back a little bit, who fired more bolts at Drevo, who was still in mid-air.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1416 on: December 30, 2010, 03:21:30 AM »
"Ah crap! I really didn't want to put my neck out here." *The wolf got up from his hiding place and made a mad dash for Drevo while working on his shielding majicka to cover himself and then Drevo and Korius to block and evade the bolts that were coming once again* "I hope this is worth the trouble, because I'm just a means to making this Baron stronger if I become a hostage. That should do it, I hope. I made three layers for each of them since they are taking the brunt of this assault." *He slid over to the wall crouching down to the side of the battle and waited for the next move to be made*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1417 on: December 30, 2010, 01:13:40 PM »
Kitt listened silently to Kiana, his only movements made to pull off his boots. They where thigh-length, supple leather and perfect for the quiet nature of a Ranger. He slipped them off and stretched out his legs. Kitt matched Kiana's smile as she reminisced of her brother, but lost the smile just as quickly as she did. He sighed "I have never had a brother, or even a sister for that matter. So I cannot compare, but I now know how it feels to have lost someone so close..."

He sighed again and shifted to sit cross-legged "But if you do not mind me saying, you are too harsh on yourself. I was equally incapable of preventing my fathers death. I was there, I saw the sword come down but I could do nothing... And yet, I know that he would not want me blaming myself, and hating what I am for him. He would want me to continue with my life, and learn, be stronger in what I am..." Glancing up at Kiana, Kitt gave a curious half-smile "Maybe your brother would have wanted the same..."

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1418 on: December 30, 2010, 05:00:11 PM »
Kiana looked up at Kitt and listened when he spoke. She shook her head slightly at the last of his words. "He would have wanted that, yes. But he also knows how stubborn and hard-headed I am so I wouldn't do what he wanted anyway." She sort of chuckled but it was half-hearted. "The one time I actually listened to what he told me to do, that wasn't fighting instructions, was the one time I shouldn't have. It was different for you in the case of your father. You were pretty much knocked out, you couldn't do anything. I was just hiding, like I was told to. I actually could have helped." She sighed. "I'm not trying to make you feel guilty with what I'm saying. I'm just trying to explain how the cases are different and how, in my case, feeling guilt actually makes sense." She looked down at her feet and pulled off her leather shoes then put her legs out straight in front of her and wiggled her toes.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1419 on: December 30, 2010, 09:36:14 PM »
As per White's fears, Dikenschtein charged straight towards him, firing bolts and shortsword at the ready. Korius swung the katana to deflect the bolts and grabbed White and threw him far backwards rather harshly and quickly as he blocked Dikenschtein's attack. With a step back, he positioned himself enough for Drevo to land on, "NOW!"

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1420 on: December 30, 2010, 10:11:18 PM »
As Drevo went into the air he swore a few times in his head. And when the bolts were sent flying he braced himself to be hit. Only to watch them bounch off White's barrier he put around him. At that time he was beginning his decent and he heard Korius shout out "Now". As he fell he grinned, unsheathing his katana. He did a front flip to give the attack som extra momentum as he brought it down over Dikenstein.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 11:47:57 PM by Srgntcuddles »

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1421 on: December 30, 2010, 10:35:57 PM »
Kitt unclipped his sword from his belt and laid it down in easy reach. He then crossed his arms behind his head and lay back, watching the night sky through the tree canopy above "No need to worry, I dont feel all that guilty about it. It happened and my father did what he felt best. Nothing can change that now..." He sighed and glanced over to Kiana "Well regardless, I still think your overly harsh to yourself. Though I understand what you mean, I guess..."

Glancing back up at what star strewn sky was visible past the trees Kitt continued in his chatty nature "Its been nice talking to you Kiana. Nobody ever seems in the mood to talk, either that or we're fighting for our lives again" He laughed, short and derisive, but he grinned nonetheless.

Suddenly he glanced back to Kiana and sat up slightly "When this is all over... Once we've done what we've got to do and this whole nightmare is over and gone... What are you going to do? This quest has taken over everything in my life, I can barely think what I will do when we're finished. I may never see you again. Or anyone I knew..."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1422 on: December 30, 2010, 11:57:55 PM »
Dikenschtein cursed under his breath and quickly jumped back, getting his thumb cut off. He distanced himself a bit more from the others as he tore off a piece of his cape and tied the shortsword to his hand, "First time in centuries I've had anyone come close to nicking me, especially not to actually injure me. You children have come a long way, but all for naught. I've killed armies upon armies on my own! You don't stand a chance against me."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1423 on: December 31, 2010, 01:23:12 AM »
Kiana stared at her toes as Kitt continued to talk. "Not like either of us anything better to do right now." She said with a shrug. "If we weren't talking I'd probably be completely focused on thinking about how much I'm missing over there." She nodded her head in the direction of the castle. She chuckled slightly at his next question. "I believe most of the group discussed this but maybe you weren't paying attention. I think you were talking to White at the time." She responded, looking at Kitt. "I don't know what I'm doing after this is all over...IF I'm even still alive then. I'll probably just wander around to different places. I don't really have a home after all. Although others seem to think that Korius and I are going to be together for some reason..."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1424 on: December 31, 2010, 03:35:34 AM »
Talin skidded to a stop after dodging the bolts, and only gave his legs a moment of rest as he expected an opening. In the middle of his speaking, Talin made another dash at him with his body very close to the ground. He hoped this attack would land since the act of stopping might cause more harm than good to his body. Just as Dikenchtein finished with 'You don't stand a chance against me', Talin was attempting to dig his blade into the man's spine with a close-range lunge.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel