The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128851 times)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1455 on: January 10, 2011, 05:04:33 PM »
Kitt sighed, watching as Kiana sank to her knees. He ran a hand through his hair "Yeah, they could be dying... but what can we do? I used up most of my ammunition taking out those guards, and you have almost no magika left. All we would do is get in the way, or worse, get someone killed..." He walked away, back to where he had left his equipment. Shrugging on his cloak, he clipped sword to belt and slung his crossbow over one shoulder, before walking back "They'l be fine Kiana... I'm sure Korius is fine..."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1456 on: January 11, 2011, 12:04:11 AM »
*The white mage got up after Korius seemed to be finished with his assault upon falling to the ground. He was still shook up when Talin approached him* "I can't believe he almost killed Drevo..." *He lost his trance as Chrono's words faded in just as he was ending with "...healing if these two are going to make it..." *The wolf nodded to the hybrid and he revealed what he was clutching under his cloak. The knife, embedded with his majicka reserve, he made sure to take some and save some in it* "I have already set this up so you can simply heal the next person after yourself by placing this while it is closed on them, opening it turns it off and vice versa when closing it. I suggest you take care of Korius for a bit... I need to see Drevo. The majicka should slow down the poison long enough for me to finish." *The wolf handed Talin the knife without putting much thought into what Talin's plans were, as he worried more to lose a more vulnerable teammate*

*He turned, then quickly ran as fast as his legs could carry him to Drevo and knelt down next to him, in a way reminding him of the boy he healed right before he first met Korius at home* "Drevo.. I don't know if you can hear me at this point, but if you can, please do not give up." *He placed his hands on the deep cut that extended through the severely injured wolf, quickly getting his hands covered in blood* "Think of what you still have yet to accomplish, people you care for, that you have lost and live for." *The healer put a great deal of his majicka into this effort, knowing that from looking at Drevo's aura his time was limited as it was fading fast. He was trying to stall for time to get his organ systems back in minimal functioning order to refuel the energy needed to keep the wolf alive, he had to keep uttering encouragement for both Drevo and himself* "The fibers are forming back, and some muscle is regenerating, blood level still low however no longer escaping, and a couple of nearby organs are a bit affected by exposure. Just a few more minutes and it will be sealed up soon followed by muscle replacement."
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1457 on: January 11, 2011, 02:09:50 AM »
Kiana stayed the way she was when Kitt walked off and she heard him picking up his things. She took deep, slow breaths as she knelt there on the ground with her hand still holding her head. After she calmed herself some, she slowly lowered her hand to rest with the other on her legs. "It's over. I only caught a glimpse, but it's over." She said softly. The fact that it was over didn't make her feel any better though since, in the glimpse she had, things didn't seem good. Slowly, she opened her eyes and looked toward the castle a little over a mile away from her. "I hate this..." She muttered. If the others came back and saw her kneeling there, she would only look like she was desperate to be involved in the fight, even though that was only part of what she had been feeling.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1458 on: January 11, 2011, 03:26:02 AM »
Drevo's vision faded after he grabbed onto Dikenschtein. He passed out and his mind wandered. He saw a bright white light and walked towards it, down a long tunnel. "I must be dead...It's so damned bright...Why can't I stop walking?" Upon reaching the end he found a door, he tried to open it but couldn't. He heard a noise and turned around to see a large dragon-kin standing behind him. Noticeably there was a key around his neck. "Do I...Know you?" "Who I am is not important, Drevo." "Then..." "Do you want to get through the door?" "Yeah...More than anything...But...Why? Who...Are you...I know you from somewhere..." "The answers you seek lie beyond that door." said the dragon pointing behind Drevo. "I have in my possession the key to the door. Do you want it?" "Yes..." The dragon chuckled lightly. "Then steel yourself, you must take it from me by force!" the dragon's voice echoed loudly, for what seemed like forever. Drevo ran at him and threw a punch. The dragon caught the punch and threw Drevo aside as if it were nothing. Drevo flew through the air and rolled across the ground which he didn't even see. He got back up and ran at him again to only be sidestepped and he fell on his face. He just stayed there for now. "You must try harder. You will never defeat me that way." "How do I know you..."

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1459 on: January 11, 2011, 08:42:18 PM »
Korius remained motionless, completely past consciousness and near the brink of death from the poison in his system. His Ki remained active, but the flow of it slowed rapidly due to the poison sapping his energy. Korius' life then flashed before his mind's eye, and recounted every single thing that's happened in his life. Though it was only mere seconds, each moment passed by as if in realtime, forcing Korius to see all that his life had been all over again.

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1460 on: January 12, 2011, 12:31:04 AM »
*White noticed at this point that Drevo must be either unconscious or non-responsive and stopped talking* "It's completely sealed, just a few muscles here and there to fix up on the edges, blood flow returning to normal, heart rate is still low... he better not give up." *The wolf got up from Drevo and looked over to Talin* "There's nothing more I can do for him, the rest is up to Drevo." *He darted over to Korius and got down quickly while also sweating a bit, in fear that Korius could still be volatile to his own allies* "I hope that he stays still or doesn't try to resist, there's no way I can hold him down by myself..." *The white mage turned to Talin* "Could you hold Korius's legs while I work here?"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1461 on: January 14, 2011, 12:36:42 AM »
Korius groaned as Whtie began to work on him, the removal of the poison putting stress on his body. His eyelids glowed periodically, getting more intense with each glow, as he's fighting against his dark nature. In his mind, darkness consumed his world, seeming like a dark abyss in the midst of space. Before him, a doppelganger of himself appeared before him, a shadow with the bright, red eyes that show more intensely than when he normally uses Ki. In short, it was his dark self that all warriors who reach a certain high caliber develop. It has always been a mere rumor and a lore to most about such things happening to a warrior, since most become satisfied with where they are, while the ones who devote their entire life to attaining that level of power, cannot breach past the mental blocks in their minds, which prevents them from exceeding that point.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1462 on: January 14, 2011, 02:12:36 AM »
Kiana let out a frustrated sigh and got to her feet. "I can't take this any longer." She said impatiently. Quickly moving over to where she had been sitting, she grabbed her staff then turned back around. Pulling her hood up, she headed toward the castle. "I'm going over there. I need to know what's going on." Her pace quickened the further she walked and before she knew it, she was running toward the castle. She wasn't going full speed but she still got there rather quickly. It didn't take her long to find where they were since she had gotten a little idea from her glimpse at the end of the battle. When she got to them, she saw Drevo on the ground, apparently unconscious, and she saw blood on his clothes and the ground but since she noticed he had been healed, she didn't worry about it too much (but she still worried some, of course). She then spotted White healing Korius so she walked over to them. Keeping her face as straight as possible, she looked Korius over, noticing his eyes glowing behind his eyelids every now and then. "Do you need any help?" She asked White in the calmest tone she could muster, which was pretty good.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1463 on: January 14, 2011, 08:27:05 PM »
*White jumped for a moment realizing Kiana was behind him* "If you could, just make sure if he tries to fight me while I'm working, to hold him down because there's no way I can while healing. It would probably work better if you helped because he you know him more well than me and perhaps it would help ease on the poison as I remove it." *He turned back to his patient and kept working on trying to get the poison out of Korius's limbs* "Damn this is a real mess, that ranger must have had some poison. Not even sure if normal methods of healing or treatment would save anybody with this infection."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1464 on: January 15, 2011, 07:55:38 PM »
Talin wrapped his left arm around Korius' legs, then handed the knife to White. "If you need more than whats in this knife, then you can take it from me... not like I can do much beyond pain-killing..." He looked around the room as White went to work, and noticed the handbow that the ranger had used to put poison in Korius in the first place. He reached for his volge, then used the curve of the balde to 'grip' the curve of the wood and pull it close enough to make it within arms reach. He hefted it up and held it between his left arm and the left side of his body. Either this will fetch a nice amount of gold, or Kitt gets a new bow. Either way I'm taking this...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1465 on: January 15, 2011, 09:04:10 PM »
Drevo continued to lay there unconscious, as a battle went on in his mind. The dragon, now with a large dai katana, came down on top of Drevo with a strong swing which Drevo rolled out pf the way of. He came back at him unsheathing his hidden katana and clashed swords a few time. The dragon came back with a strong enough hit to knock the weapon from Drevo's hands. After that he grabbed him with his large claw by his face and lifted him into the air. "Our time is done. Better luck next time, Drevo..." With that said the dragon applied a little pressure to Drevo and he shattered like glass into several thousand pieces. His eyes opened and his head turned to the side. There he saw Korius on the ground with the others around him. His vision was still blurry and going in and out. He tried to sit up but couldn't find the strength, rather pain. He let out a low grunt in pain. That's when he noticed his hat was missing, looking around he saw it near a pillar a yard or so away. Drevo mustered what strength he could and staggered to his feet barely and tried to walk over there. He fell without even standing straight up a few steps in and rolled a little ways. Sprawled out on the floor now, blood dripping from his clothing leaving a trail to where he is now, he reached for his hat. But to his dismay, he was about an inch away from it, even though his hand was stretched out towards it. After trying, he fell limp again. Blood loss and exhaustion got the better of him and he closed his eyes to rest.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1466 on: January 15, 2011, 11:06:06 PM »
Kitt gave an exasperated sigh as Kiana hurried away. He stood with his cloak half on, sword clipped loosely to his belt and trying to juggle the rest of his equipment "Ah, fine! I'l just stay here on my own then!" Hitching the cloak further over his shoulders he glanced around "Stay here on my own, in the big dark forest, with no one else here but me... KIANA, WAIT UP!" Kitt set off at a run after her, madly scrambling to keep a hold of everything as he ran pell-mell out of the forest...

Finally catching up with Kiana, Kitt collapsed onto the flagstone floor in a pile of cloak, equipment and panting feline. He sat up with difficulty and glanced around the room, noting the smashed flagstones and decapitated body "Place could do with a bit of a redecoration... Seems I missed all the fun too-" He stopped mid-sentence, noticing both Korius and Drevo on the floor. The childish grin wiped itself off his face in moments...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1467 on: January 15, 2011, 11:25:43 PM »
Korius' mind continued to fight with his dark side as the poison was still being syphoned from his body. The doppleganger was just as strong and just as fast as him, but he was growing tired while it was not. Korius and the doppleganger continued to clash swords and even identical Ki attacks. The two of them fought visciously, when something unexpected happened. The doppleganger begain to glow a crimson red from within his core as he took and unusual stance. Not possible... The glow then seemed to sprout arms with swords out of the doppleganger's back and before anything happened, a blinding light flashed, and all Korius could see was a giant, white ball shrinking in front of him. He couldn't see the doppleganger, but heard struggling within the orb. Before he could take a step or think about what was going on, an old face appeared before him that caused his knees to buckle and to fall, crying as he did, "My love!" There, as young as the day she was first a Guardian, stood Koara Uzima. "Are you still calling me that? Hon, I have already long since passed away. What you see before you is merely a portion of my chakra that I had implanted into you during our time together. I knew the day would come when you would have to unlock your abilities to use your Ki, so I implanted this Chakra in you as a fail-safe in case you had to make this bout. However, unfortunately, this will only work once. Now go an recuperate." "Wait! Don't go! I need you with me! I need you to guide me! Mistress!" Everything around him started shrinking and fading away, "I'm sorry, love, but this is how it is and must be. Let go of the past, and live for the future. There is a young mage who also has a fire for you in your heart, but you have to let go first. My life is at the absolute end now, feed HER fire. Lead the life that I had trained you to live." With that, all disappeared. This whole event in the real world was no different then before, but when Koara's Chakra had intervened, a seal appeared on Korius' stomach as well as his forehead, and they faded along with what Korius saw. Korius yelled as he quickly shot up, his head running right through White's, and his body reacting to being held down by instinct, and punched Talin square in the jaw, sending him a few feet back.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1468 on: January 16, 2011, 12:30:35 AM »
Kiana glanced over at Kitt's approach and would have chuckled when he fell over had the moment not been so serious. When she saw that he realized how serious it was, she returned her attention to Korius, watching intently. She was puzzled when she saw the seals appear on Korius so when they faded she didn't expect an immediate reaction from Korius. After his head had collided with White's she had quickly knelt down beside him but wasn't quick enough to stop him from punching Talin. "Korius!" She snapped with fierceness in her eyes, putting a hand against his chest and shoving him back down then managing to muster up enough majicka to put rock over him to help hold him down with her hand encased in it. She tried to be gentle about it because of the state he was in but it was kind of difficult to do when she had to force him down against his will. "What is wrong with you! They're helping you!" Her gaze shifted and she looked back and forth between White and Talin. "Are you guys alright?" Her expression didn't change as she asked them about their condition, the fierceness remaining as she kept the rock-hold on Korius to keep him down. During all the commotion, she didn't notice that Drevo had gotten up and attempted to do something.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 12:35:35 AM by VeeSmith: His Wolfy »

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1469 on: January 16, 2011, 01:29:01 AM »
"Grandma, I don't want any more puppies, I already have seven..." *The wolf laid there dizzy and putting a hand to his now bruised forehead realizing this wasn't family nor even a house* "What... hit me?" *Everything was slowly coming back to him as he laid there for a few more seconds* "Korius resisted... and managed to throw two people at once. This is just great... oh wait." *He watched Kiana shove him back down to the ground* "Ngh... hold him down, I need to get the last of the poison out. Gaia I have a huge headache now." *He padded over on his knees and hands back to Korius and moved more towards his chest this time* "Please don't hit me in the head again."