The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128848 times)

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1470 on: January 16, 2011, 02:28:22 AM »
Talin recovered quickly, still holding onto both the crossbow and his volge. "I'm fine... Elistra hits a little harder than that. Swear she would throw a tree at me if I annoyed her enough." He gazed about the room until seeing Kitt, then he released his hold on the cross bow so he could hand it to him with his left hand. "I assume from the change in height that you missed a few birthdays, so heres a gift: The crossbow of the ranger guardian himself."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1471 on: January 16, 2011, 07:22:02 PM »
Kitt stood up, still managing a grin despite the situation with Korius "Sweet..." He glanced down, still grinning "Yeah, looks like I have several years worth of birthday presents to cash in." Taking the small crossbow from Talin with only one hand, Kitt promptly hit the floor again with a muffled thump.

From the floor came his rather strangled voice, surprised and yet again in mild pain "By the gods Talin, this thing weighs a ton!" Kitt struggled to his feet again, hefting the bow now with both hands, eyeing the dark wood that it was made of curiously "If the guy was strong enough to fire this with one hand, I'm kinda glad I wasn't around to try and fight him..."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1472 on: January 16, 2011, 07:41:07 PM »
Korius snapped out of his little surprise frenzy and relaxed, panting, "I'm sorry. It's just... never mind. Just instinct. White, if you want to avoid that kind of pain, try not hanging your head over theirs when you're healing them." He grunted a little as White siphoned out the rest of the poison from his system. Afterward, Korius sat up and caught his breath, remembering what happened while he was unconscious.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1473 on: January 16, 2011, 08:31:29 PM »
Once Kiana was sure that Korius wouldn't hurt anyone any more than he already had, she removed the rock-hold and her hand from his chest. She stayed kneeling next to Korius while White finished up the healing, trying to keep her eyes on White's hands and not on Korius. When Korius sat up, she got to her feet and looked around, spotting Drevo a couple feet away from his hat. She walked over, picking up Drevo's hat then turning back to where Drevo laid on the ground. She went over to him and gently turned him over, not phased by his blood-soaked clothes since she had had the deep-down feeling that something like this had happened. She put his hat on top of her staff and switched the staff to her left hand. Crouching down, she wrapped her right arm around his upper chest underneath his armpits then stood up and slowly dragged him back over to where White and Korius were. Gently, she laid him back down on the floor and set his hat on his chest then switched her staff back to her right hand. She looked at White, hoping he really was alright, then looked at Korius. "What do we do now?" She asked him as she scanned his face.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1474 on: January 16, 2011, 08:45:24 PM »
"I'm gonna need to... sleep or something, can't think so well." *He put his left hand back to his forehead* "That poison is some bad stuff..." *He looked over to Kitt* "It would probably be best to check that bow for poison, it would be bad for that to get somebody else unintentionally. Especially since now that I am drained, I'm going to need some time to restore majicka and eat... and hopefully find some sort of cold object to ease down this swelling." *He got up feeling a bit woozy* "A tad light headed, but I'll be fine."
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1475 on: January 18, 2011, 05:50:03 PM »
Talin had a goofy grin as he smacked Kitt on the back. "Aw come on it can't be that heavy, I had to carry white-fluff over there up a wall, and he weighs five times as much as that bow! You just need some meat on them bones." Talin walked past everyone and went towards the doors that lead to this room. "How long before the barracks realizes that their commander is dead?"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1476 on: January 18, 2011, 06:52:00 PM »
As Drevo laid there unable to reach his hat he didn't expect Kiana to carry him over to the others. "I never expected you to pick me up...Heh..." he said with a cringe. When he was set down and his hat dropped on his chest he grabbed it. Slowly he put it over his face. "I *muffle muffle* Kian-*muffle muffle* be stronger than K-*muffle muffle* Thank you, *muffle muffle muffle* it. And so does my hat." After that he let out a deep breath and laid silent.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1477 on: January 18, 2011, 07:37:44 PM »
Kitt stuck his tongue out behind Talin's back, but grinned nonetheless... Placing his crossbow and sword down on the tiled floor he hefted the handbow up into a firing position. Despite the unexpected weight the bow was perfectly balanced, neither tipping forward nor backwards when held by its long handle. Kitt squinted down the length of the handbow, watching as his aim wavered back and forth, a pain already forming at his shoulder, muscles aching. He dropped the bow back to his side with a painfull grunt...

"I would guess the range of this thing is only half, or even a quarter that of a regular repeater crossbow..." He looked closely at the bow string, no fraying visible along its thick length "Though I think it more than makes up for that in power and speed... One day I can use this bow to seek revenge on those that killed my father and the rest of my clan. Slice their throats and let their blood run-"

With a literal shake of the head Kitt attempted to clear the thought. Korius had told him to be stronger. He had told him that revenge was not the way of a Ranger. But nevertheless... He sighed, pulling up his hood and returning his weapons to their usual places. As he slid the handbow into his doeskin bag he muttered under his breath "But maybe revenge is the only way for me..."

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1478 on: January 18, 2011, 11:31:53 PM »
Korius got up and rubbed his joints, "Dammit. That was just too close for comfort. Barely made it out of there alive, and I almost kill Drevo." He looked over at Kitt playing with the handbow and the look on the kid's face before putting it away in his bag. "Don't underestimate that bow, kid. It may be small, but it was living hell for the rest of us alongside his bow today. Here, hand it to me, I'll show you." Korius took hold of the handbow and one of the bolts that was pulled out of him. He strained a little as he pulled back the string and notched the bolt. Korius pulled up the handbow and pointed it straight at the pillar about 3 metres in front of him, his arm shaking a bit from the weight, Damn, it's almost as heavy as Valia. With the best of his ability, Korius took aim and fired. The bolt pierced through the pillar and stuck into the far wall. If someone were to look through the hole in the pillar, the bolt would be completely level with the hole and Korius' arm, where he fired it. He laid it back on the floor next to Kitt, "It's centuries old, but it's the strongest bow in all of Gaia. I doesn't have the range of a longbow, but it exceeds even YOUR crossbow." Korius sighed and grabbed the katana and twin sai, holstering and sheathing them. He then took a long walk over to the other end of the castle and straightened his gi before picking Valia out of the ground and clipping it on the rear strap. He didn't even bother wearing his cloak, just carrying it in hand. "Let's go. And Talin, Kitt's already killed all of Dikenschtein's personal guard. Stop daydreaming about your bride more often, and you wouldn't be so oblivious." Korius' first two steps staggered a bit, but he walked normally after that, heading out the broken down front doors.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1479 on: January 19, 2011, 01:03:21 AM »
Kiana got the idea of what Drevo was saying but didn't think she could ever be stronger than Korius. She felt ignored when Korius didn't answer her question and went on to talk to Kitt, but at least she sort of got a response at the end when Korius said they should go. His first couple staggered steps concerned her, though it didn't show on her face. Looking toward Drevo, she hoped that he could walk on his own because she didn't want to carry him around. She looked toward where Korius was walking and sighed. Keeping her hood up, she followed after him in silence.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1480 on: January 19, 2011, 02:34:10 AM »
*The wolf shrugged at being ignored from his pain as well, detecting with what little of the senses left he had that Kiana didn't like it either* "I don't like it when Korius ignores her because then it makes her feel bad or like she did something wrong, the nerve of that guy! And not to mention giving me this bruise, I hope it's not permanent. That's the last thing people want to be greeted by in the morning is a war stricken face that basically says 'I have been in a few fights' and then it will scare people off..." *White got depressed at the thought as he followed along with the group*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1481 on: January 20, 2011, 07:50:09 PM »
Talin let out a snort as he slinged up his volge and walked behind Korius. "Sorry for wanting something to look forward to after we finish off the last guardian. Besides..." Talin whacked Korius in the back with the pole of his volge. "Half the time I was getting knocked around by you and Drevo!!" He pulled his volge back and braced himself for another hit that would probably hurt as much as the face-punch.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1482 on: January 22, 2011, 05:12:18 PM »
Drevo continued to lay there as the others were walking on. "Don't worry about me. I'll stay here with White! He'll keep me company." he said moving his hat above his face. He looked around to see that White too had left. "White? How could you betray me, White!?" he said jokingly. He rolled over onto his stomach and pushed himself to his feet, not even standing all the way he stumbled forward into a pillar. Running into it face first he managed to keep himself upright. "Oh...Hello pillar. It's been awhile since you met my face." he said somewhat dizzy. "Oh my! You aren't looking too well!" he exclaimed, noticing a hole in it from where Korius had shot the bolt. "Okay well I have to go." he said shoving off the pillar, using the momentum to stumble in the others' direction. He saw his bowstaff on the ground as he fell towards it. He turned the fall into a roll and grabbed it. Drevo used it to lift himself back up and then to walk again. "That hurt. Don't fool yourselves." He almost seemed drunk from his lack of blood, but he was moving none the less.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1483 on: January 22, 2011, 07:22:39 PM »
Kitt took the bow back, sliding into his doeskin bag with a slight feeling of resentment Kind of useless though, seeing as I can barely lift it with one hand though... He pulled up his hood and sighed, watching as Korius walked away. The bitter resentment didn't get any better as he slung his crossbow over one shoulder and started to walk with the others.

He paused before walking out of the front doors, turning to watch Drevo stumble about. A snigger was barely contained as he slammed into the pillar, stumbling after the group a moment later. Kitt sighed and pulled down his hood. The amusement of watching him stumble around had finally gone "Need any help there Drevo?"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1484 on: January 22, 2011, 08:17:41 PM »
Korius ignored Talin's little comment and walked on. An old fear had resurfaced itself into his mind and heart. So it's not over yet. And my free outlet is only going to last me until I unlock the final seal, and even then, there's no guarantee that I'll remain myself. Dammit! Korius entered went to town and found a whole crowd in front of the limits as the sun rose behind it. He could see the looks in their eyes and knew what they were thinking. "Yes, we killed him. You are no longer under his rule. You're all free now." Next thing he knew, Korius was out cold. Many of the villagers came rushing to lift him up, but the weight of Valia kept them from doing so. Six men came and unhooked Valia, moving it back to the village while two other people carried Korius back. The rest cheered and some even ushered the others to come as well.