The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128830 times)

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1560 on: February 20, 2011, 10:22:38 PM »
Drevo awoke silently from his hospital bed and quietly slid out of it. He then crept over to the door, strangely enough the lynxes were passed out against the wall outside it. Shrugging it off he went back for his clothes to get dressed. He did it quickly and quietly as to not wake up the nurses. Once done he crept out of the room and passed them. Finally he made it out of the hospital, he decided to wander to the nearest inn. He figured that's where everyone would be. As Drevo walked, however, he noticed he was being followed. He turned to see Alexis wearing his hat still. "Morning, Drevo." she said casually as she strolled  up next to him. "Oh...Morning." "You don't sound too thrilled." "It's not that...Anyone could have been following me." "You don't need to worry here." Drevo turned an continued towards the inn with her. When they walked inside sure enough there was Korius and Kitt. He just stood off to the side, looking at the falcon, not really expecting a new addition to the team.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1561 on: February 21, 2011, 10:48:23 AM »
Kitt looked up at Korius "Raw meat? At least one of us knows something about birds then..."
He glanced back down to the falcon and held out a hand to stroke it. The bird clicked her beak, but then bowed her head and allowed Kitt to stroke the dark plumage.

With one hand stroking the bird, Kitt pulled his Ranger's handbook out from its bag with the other. Still stroking the bird carefully with two fingers Kitt placed the book on the table and started to try and find a section on falconry. For once it seemed his mind wasn't set on breakfast.
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1562 on: February 21, 2011, 12:17:45 PM »
Korius looked at the bird with sorrowful eyes, as his memories of the past haunted him again, "Yea. Valia taught me about these birds. She was our newest recruit into the Knights back in the day, not too long before I resigned my post to be Lady Koara's personal guard. In fact, when she and Valius were still courting, I saw that damned bird every single night and day, as it passed letters to and from the two. Originally, I wouldn't allow such a thing to happen, but I made an exception, since Valius was still a close friend. Having been my mentor before I surpassed him, I couldn't help but have an attachment to him, you know? Valia was also a master craftsman. She created this buster-class sword with her own two hands for Valius. However, the night she finished it was the night of the Betrayal. Because she and the rest of the Knights risked their lives for him to live, he became the bearer before it was named, so he dedicated it to her. It's sad, to be honest... Valia was pregnant at the time..."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1563 on: February 21, 2011, 06:12:13 PM »
Kiana listened to Korius speak as she stared at the table and traced the texture of the wood. As the story went on, she felt it get harder and harder for her to think she could actually do what she and Adam had talked about the night before. It was no wonder that Valius loved to drink all the time. She figured she would too if she had been in his shoes (and been a guy) and lost the love of her life along with their unborn child. At least she could hope that they may be together right at this very moment on the other side. After a moment, she sighed. "I can't do this..." She muttered to herself but it was in a volume that would have been possible for others to hear. A frown of concentration but also sadness was on her face. Sadness for Valius in life, for his death, and for the fact that she wanted to try what Adam talked about but it seemed to be getting harder every second to actually do so. The concentration was just her thinking about things in general. About the story, about watching Valius die and demolishing the castle as a memorial to him, about how things could be if she tried (both positive and negative outcomes). She hated being afraid. She felt stupid for it but she just couldn't help it. Defending herself in a battle from physical harm was one thing, letting her walls down to open herself up to possible emotional harm was another. If anyone looked at her at this moment, she would have looked the most confused, unsure, and vulnerable she had ever been up to this point in the journey.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1564 on: February 21, 2011, 09:39:11 PM »
*Yawning for a moment after quickly forgetting about Korius, White just looked around looking for something to do mostly* "What are we supposed to be doing, why was I in such a hurry to get down here while I could have been sleeping... hm?" *He looked towards Kiana who was looking pretty distant over at her bench in expression* "I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be awoken to talk to her, besides there's nothing I can do to get her to talk to Korius at this point. It's going to be a long struggle for her to just SHOW strong emotions." *The wolf shrugged and walked into the bar hoping to find food again and looking for anybody familiar*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1565 on: February 22, 2011, 04:46:44 AM »
When Korius said his story the mention of Valius made him crouch down. The thought of how he couldn't protect him raced through his mind. Alexis who was still standing next to him put his hat on his head and leaned on his head. She was merely trying to be cute and cheer him up, since she saw Drevo moping. It didn't help, but it didn't really make it worse. The only reason he was allowing it was cause she looked so much like Alexia back home. Which kind of gave him a soft spot, so he humored her.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1566 on: February 22, 2011, 10:09:32 AM »
Kitt listened to Korius' reminiscence, one hand flicking through the Ranger's Handbook, the other stroking Evelyn across the head. Almost at the same time as Korius finished, Kitt found a section of the book for Falconry under general hunting and trapping.

He looked up, and was about to comment on Korius' story when his ear flicked back to Kiana. He frowned slightly, and then turned back to Korius "Many people where lost in the betrayal, my mother amongst them." Still frowning Kitt glanced over at Kiana before looking back down to the book, no longer stroking Evelyn. The falcon gave a disgruntled click of her beak, prompting Kitt to stroke her absent-mindedly again "I guess we just have to embrace the life we have, here and now. Pass down the story of those who died, so that they are never truly lost..." He ended up half-mumbling towards the end, and finally turned his attention back to his book...

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1567 on: February 22, 2011, 02:48:24 PM »
Korius closed the kid's book and pushed it to him, "No time for the moment. We have to leave." He then turned and was about to speak when he noticed Kiana's disarray. Korius walked over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder, "You okay? I know it's taxing, but it's destiny that we see this through. You may not enjoy the idea of providence, but it's for the sake of all of Gaia that we see this mission through."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1568 on: February 22, 2011, 08:48:26 PM »
Kiana was surprised by Korius' show of concern but she didn't show it as she casually looked over at the hand on her shoulder. "I'm..." She started then looked up at his face before quickly looking back down. "I'm fine." "Liar." "I have no issue seeing this mission through. No issue with that at all." It seemed like there was a little bit of emphasis on the word 'that' to show that something else was bother but she didn't continue on about it. She got up from her seat, letting his hand slide off her shoulder. "Let's just go." She said, stepping around him and starting to move toward the door.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1569 on: February 22, 2011, 09:31:44 PM »
*The wolf eyed Korius with a look of doom shortly after leaving the empty bar* "You... And what happened to that barkeep. Now I'll never get my food." *He bit his lip and then looked at Kiana* "WHEN is he going to just say he loves her, it's not that hard." *He sighed pretending not to have watched* "She hasn't talked to me in a long time about things, I wonder if I should ask her how she's doing later." *He took out his butterfly knife and proceeded to flip it in motions to pass the time*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1570 on: February 23, 2011, 01:27:40 AM »
Talin got off the table and stumbled towards the exit of the inn. I'll have to remember this when I feel like drinking again, this must not happen again until that wife of mine is within arms reach... he vowed to himself as he walked out into the street, and wait for something or someone to indicate where everyone is. Even from a distance he acted drunk, not even capable of standing upright without tilting to the right or left.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1571 on: February 23, 2011, 07:40:01 PM »
"Taxing...Mission...I can't believe I was dragged into this. Again I almost died. Maybe the next time I will. Ugh...How many does that make? Three? Four? I'm losing count...Still we have a long way to go...Gotta remember why I'M doing this...To kill Elistro...Then I'm done. I don't care...If anything I'd be a rest on White's magic use...Maybe I should have learned magic...That seems like it'd be easier to protect people with. Just shoot up some big ol' barriers to protect everyone. Like White does. He seems more able to protect anyone compared to me...Am I jealous of him? No...Maybe envious...Ugh..."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1572 on: February 23, 2011, 08:54:09 PM »
Kitt slid the book back into his bag, somewhat peeved at not getting a chance to read it. He sighed and stood up and, biting his lip, looked down at the falcon "Well, I suppose I'm gonna have to carry you... But once we get outside your putting those wings to good use." The bird simply clicked her beak and hopped onto his proffered arm, claws digging in to the leather hunting glove. Kitt slung his crossbow over one shoulder and made to turn to the door, stopped, and then walked over to White instead...

"Hey, White... I uh... Wanted to tell you something, about the barkeeper who was here yesterday." Kitt bit his lip hard, glancing over his shoulder at the rest of the group. "Should I tell them? They'd want to know that he was my mother's father... And why do I feel most comfortable telling White?" He sighed and flicked his growing fringe out of his eyes "That man is my grandfather..." And with that he turned away, quickly sliding past Kiana and out of the Inn door...

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1573 on: February 24, 2011, 12:38:30 AM »
Korius backed a little at Kiana's little show of attitude, "Very. Come." he said, pointing at the others. When the others were all out, Korius led them further northwest. It wasn't long until the castle and the city under it disappeared from sight. A cold breeze was blowing, making their cloaks flutter lightly in the wind. The falcon flew overhead only for a few meters before receding back towards Kitt, but when the kid wouldn't give her an arm after a couple attempts, she flew ahead and landed on Valia's handle, standing rather awkwardly on it since it was angled. As they travelled along, the sun just refused to come out from behind the clouds despite how thin and sparse the layer is. This is very troubling, indeed. I know we killed all of the personal guards this time, but we're still neither being hunted, watched or anything. Something wrong is really going on. They've always killed off ANYONE who've even spoke ill of the Guardians, let alone killing them off.

In the darkness of a dark meeting room, Kyzen emerged from within the shadows and appeared as a dark figure in front of the lone candle. "Thank you for joining in on such short notice. The plan is succeeding as planned. As to their word, the others have refrained from sending out parties and bounties for Korius and his little band of freedom fighters. Gight has graciously lifted the bounties throughout his province. Bounties in his jurisdiction tend to get out of control. Anyways, once the final head has been cut, the moon shall give our plan complete fruition." The other two then seemed to disappear into the darkness, and Kyzen disappeared last when he snuffed the flame out.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1574 on: February 24, 2011, 03:58:48 AM »
Kiana moved outside after Kitt moved past her and stood there until the rest of them came out. When they started to walk, she spotted Talin. She walked over to him and turned him in the direction that everyone else was going. "I hope you learned something from your night...now come on." She said then continued to walk with the group. As they walked along with the breeze blowing, she irritatedly tugged the hood of her cloak up every time it was blown back. She tried to ignore the fact that the sun just didn't want to come out. If she paid attention, she would feel like it was an omen to what she was supposed to do.