The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128820 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1590 on: March 01, 2011, 10:22:23 PM »
Korius' thoughts were interrupted by Talin's little question, "Yes, and much more. When someone without enough power recites the incantation, they initially do become a dragon. However, the side-effects are most harsh. If you don't have enough power and magic to support the spell, all the portions of the dragon then recede into your body. When that happens, your body over exceeds its carrying capacity and explodes. That's why it's deadly. Becoming a full-fledged dragon or dragon-Kin inexorably increases your overall body size, and additional appendages and body parts like horns, scales, extra large tail, oil glands in your mouth. When you revert, it takes all that you gained and stores it in your body. Dragon bones and your original bones in the same body, more than enough to kill anyone. However, your transformation only gave you horns and a couple scales. They'll lay dormant in your body until they decompose in about 20 years or so. That's about the average shedding cycle for most dragons."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1591 on: March 01, 2011, 10:50:56 PM »
Kiana listened to Talin's question and Korius' response with little interest, although the word 'explode' got her attention for a second and her head raised for a moment. After that moment, her eyes moved back to the ground ahead of her. Every time she came upon the little pebble, she kicked it further ahead and it seemed to get bigger each time until it was about the size of a head. At that point, she picked it up and eyed it for a bit as she continued to walk then tossed it aside with one hand like it was nothing.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1592 on: March 01, 2011, 10:57:42 PM »
*White stopped thinking for a moment to listen in as well to Talin and Korius talk about Talin's current predicament with the hybrid issues* "Wow that's pretty cool, I wish I could do something like that... successfully. You get benefits of both the dragon and wolf if you can combine them, it's no fun that it will be painfully over for him in the long run with the dragon features. Which makes me wonder though if other oddities are out there in majicka world..." *After Korius finished his explanation about the process, the wolf decided to ask his question* "So... are there shapeshifters about the world too or is that all urban legend?"
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1593 on: March 02, 2011, 04:29:14 PM »
Talin, despite the splitting twin headaches, finally understood what Korius ment by 'you will die' every time he spoke of how idiotic it was for him to attempt the incantation. He was able to get away from the tree and make his way back to the group. "So the incantation makes a dragon-kin body within the user, instead of changing the user into a dragon-kin? How can Elistra live from going twice her size to being a dragon-kin, but I die if I change species?"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1594 on: March 02, 2011, 06:07:42 PM »
Drevo walked silently behind the others pondering the fight ahead. "Hmm...Eight weapons...That's a lot. At one time anyway...Would probably be hard to engage him at close range. But then again...I doubt projectiles would see better luck. Unless..." the thought of Kiana lift a very, very large boulder came to mind. She threw it at a figure crushing him flat. She flexed afterward showing off her strength and how cool she was, with everyone else swooning over her. Drevo looked at her as he thought this. "Is she really that strong? Yikes...Hmm...I need to get better...Dikenstien ran me through. Well I cut off his hand! Hrmm...I wonder what White is going to do? Maybe he has some sort of...Holy light magic that will cast down a beam of light and...Melt this guy...Should he be a vampire or something...That would be cool." "Daxus uses eight weapons? Do you know what those are? Are they all swords? Or crossbows? Or half and half?"

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1595 on: March 02, 2011, 07:10:00 PM »
Kitt glanced up at Talin as they walked "Heh, kinda like with the Ranger's Ritual... Only now that I've had time to read up about it do I realise how likely it is that I should have died back at the ninja village..." He grinned, stroking the falcon who was still sleeping with her head under her wing "At least the magical feedback only made me age a few years... Could have been worse 'suppose..." With that he pulled his hood further up until his face was entirely in shadow, staying silent as they walked...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1596 on: March 03, 2011, 01:04:54 AM »
Korius' face turned sour at the mention of shapeshifters, "One of the two most powerful sub-forms of Light element magic. Only 4 people in the whole history of Gaia have ever mastered or even been able to use it. Today, there's only one who can do that kind of magic, and that's Kyzen. He has effectively broken the balance of magic and power when he succeeded his mother all those centuries ago. He has the blood of multiple mages over time, allowing him mastery over several different elements, but the bloods are fighting his, which even ONE other magic blood mixing with anyone's is enough to violently kill them in a matter of minutes. I don't know what, but he's developed a serum that keeps the bloods in check, but I have no idea what it's made of, or how he makes it. That son of a bitch is very crafty and powerful, but we'll get there when we do. Our main focus is our task at hand, and to get stronger." He didn't say any more after that. Anger had welled up in Korius just having to mention Kyzen, and it showed. The next two days were silent as well, until they hit the next border.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1597 on: March 03, 2011, 03:31:24 AM »
To Kiana it seemed that everybody was full of questions except for her. She looked around at each person as they spoke, but noticed Drevo looking at her out of the corner of her eye before he had spoken. By the look on his face, it seemed like he was thinking of some sort of plan that involved her. She shrugged it off though and listened to Kitt and then Korius speak. After it went silent again, her foot had found another pebble to kick. Once again she let it get to the size of a head before she picked it up, examined it, and tossed it aside like it was still a little pebble. Any other pebble she kicked during the next two days stayed the same size and she only kicked them as some form of entertainment.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1598 on: March 03, 2011, 03:46:47 AM »
*White kind of looked with some fright as Korius suddenly got angry over a simple question* "Oh sorry I didn't know anything about Kyzen... that's some power." *He looked away more in amazement than fear of the subject* "Wow a real shapeshifter... too bad he turned out evil, sounds like some ability." *He took out a book of his realm and flipped through it while reading* "Well I suppose that question will be unavoidable for here on out until he's dead, so might as well get to reading." *And so the wolf did, for the following days that passed, finishing a few more books along the way*

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1599 on: March 04, 2011, 04:15:08 AM »
Drevo was bit annoyed when he was ignored again. It led him to remain silent for two days following. He continued his musings of ideas, though at this point they were becoming down right ridiculous. One involved Kiana trying to seduce the guardians. He also realized she was the only female in the group. The thought of a female guardian made him curious, what she looked like or what she could do. He probably should have known, but he never really paid attention when it came to them.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1600 on: March 05, 2011, 12:30:50 AM »
At the border, there was a sight that caught even Korius by surprise. The checkpoint was completely destroyed, leaving a large hole in the wall, enough for an army unit to fit through. "What the hell happened here?" Korius rushed over to the wreckage and found torn bodies every which way, scattered all over around the wall as well as in it, from the edge of the ragged edges, to the resting lounge areas inside certain portions of the wall. He examined some of the mutilated bodies and portions of the wall, noticing some distinct marks and some more of the all-too-familiar kills. "Elistro's been through here..."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1601 on: March 05, 2011, 03:12:44 AM »
Kiana hesitated in her steps when she saw the destroyed checkpoint. After Korius rushed over to examine the place, she followed after him. She looked over the bodies that were all around the wall as she stood there. She may have killed others, but this sight even got to her. As soon as she heard Korius say the name 'Elistro', she glanced at Drevo out of the corner of her eye. He was the one who she thought would have the biggest reaction to this.

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1602 on: March 05, 2011, 06:43:53 AM »
*The wolf closed his book upon seeing the disaster* "Wow this is a mess, ugh gonna get blood on my robe just trying to walk through here." *He looked up towards Korius when he mentioned Elistro being involved* "Fantastic, we're going in the same direction as a maniac... Man I bet these guys even had families and maybe children. I suppose they knew the risks when they took on this job, though I don't know if Elistro counts as a general attack to be expected." *White looked around rather worried he still might be lurking*

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1603 on: March 06, 2011, 03:19:07 AM »
Talin noticed the headache stopped the instant the nubs had gone in, and was able to focus on the carnage at the checkpoint. "She told me her brother was a bit crazy..." his voice trailed off as he stepped past the bodies and kept close behind Korius. "Isn't Elistro allowed to pass through checkpoints? Did he do this just for the sake of spilling blood??"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1604 on: March 06, 2011, 05:29:33 AM »
Drevo walked with the others, being in the back he was last to see the carnage. As he looked about at the corpses he heard Korius mention Elistro. "Elistro..." he growled lowly. His blood had begun to boil with a growing rage. The images of his family flashed through his mind and how they were all dead. "Then he must be just up ahead. I'm going to kill him!" "Korius is going to stop me. I know he will. He can't interfere." In the split second he thought he stomped on a shield, flipping it into the air. He caught it like a frisbee and flung it at Korius to disract him long enough to get some distance. "Kiana is going to try something because of this...Gotta move...Kitt could shoot me. Talin...Nothing. Same as White." he thought as the shield went flying. As he let it go he kicked over a table at Kiana before taking off running. He sprinted as fast as he could before any of them could do anything. He didn't want to hurt any of them, but he was over taken with rage at the thought of getting the chance for revenge.