The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128816 times)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1605 on: March 06, 2011, 01:30:17 PM »
Kitt drew his crossbow, a bolt already sliding into place with an expert flick of his wrist, the string drawn back a moment later with a quick pull on the corresponding lever. Evellyn took flight, flapping higher and higher until she stopped and started to circle the group "How long ago do you think-?"

He was interrupted as Drevo suddenly burst into movement. The table, which had been aimed at Kiana, caught him squarely in the shoulder, nocking him to the ground with a muffled yell of pain. As soon as Kitt hit the ground, up above his falcon burst into movement of her own. She shrieked and dived, wings folded and eyes set on Drevo as she swooped past him, sharp beak flashing as she swerved and dived at him again...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1606 on: March 06, 2011, 02:31:15 PM »
Korius already heard Drevo stomp on the shield and had already turned around in time to see him throw it. It was expected, he guessed, and he caught the shield. The falcon's swoop hit Drevo's hat, nicking it enough to tilt it into his eyes. Korius took the opportunity and threw the shield back at Drevo, taking his knees out from behind. He whistled the falcon back with a special tune, and it came back down to Kitt's side, landing on his arm. "You're letting yourself be emotionally compromised. I told you before. Unless you master the technique, you won't even have a hair's width of a chance against him. Don't forget, all of your old allies are with him, too. He has a full squad with him, you don't even have a chance to get to Elistro. Now calm the (censored) down before I have to break your legs. I've killed for less before, don't make me do it again." When Korius got up to Drevo, he grabbed the white wolf's  tail and dragged him back over to the wall. He looked over to Kitt, "You okay, kid?"

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1607 on: March 06, 2011, 06:43:43 PM »
Kiana knew in an instant that it had been a good idea to have her eyes on Drevo when she had heard Elistro's name come from Korius. She knew Korius could fend for himself when the shield was tossed at him and when the table was sent towards her she spun sideways to dodge the end that came at her although the other end hit Kitt. She was ready make a move to hold Drevo in place with some magic but Korius had already knocked his legs out from under him. She listened and watched as Korius spoke to Drevo and dragged him back by his tail. Her eyes directed to Kitt with the same question when Korius asked him if he was okay, then moved back to Drevo to make sure that he wouldn't try anything again.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1608 on: March 06, 2011, 07:16:09 PM »
"I'm surprised you're not asking me that question, you just pulled me by the tail! Agh, if you haven't noticed having a longer than average tail isn't exactly fun, not to mention hurts about as much as being pulled by the ear." *He jumped behind Korius and started working on a shield* "Since you seem to feel the same way about people staying close, I'm setting up some defense for our travel." *He eyed Drevo at the end of his response*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1609 on: March 06, 2011, 10:31:18 PM »
Contrary to Drevo's assumption, Talin was going to stop him, but only if Korius didn't stop him first. He already had his hand on his satchel of needles, ready to take down Drevo in the least lethal method he had available. When Korius took his knees out, Talin simply took his hand off the satchel and started looking around for any food. Come on... fruits, cabbage, where the heck is the steak or jerky?!
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1610 on: March 07, 2011, 12:09:35 AM »
Unfortunately Drevo didn't make it far. When the falcon made his hat tip in front of him he moved it back up. However, the shield he tossed came back taking out his legs making him fall over. He didn't expect to make it very far, but he expected to make it farther. But Korius wouldn't let him. He grumbled as he was dragged back to he others. Standing up he looked at them all, he saw he hurt Kitt and was a little disappointed. He let his anger get the better of him. "Sorry, Kitt...I didn't mean to hurt anybody. I just..." Drevo was a little happy that it was Kitt, considering he could understand where he was coming from.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1611 on: March 07, 2011, 04:56:06 PM »
Kitt got to his feet, rubbing his shoulder with one hand. He shrugged and winced at the movement of his shoulder "S'fine... Really, its fine..."

Glancing down to where his crossbow had fallen, he saw the falcon sitting with one bright amber eye fixed on him. He sighed and knelt down, picking up the bow and allowing the bird to hop onto his arm. Straightening up he attempted a grin "Kinda funny really. After fighting soldiers, guardians and who know what else, the one thing that injured me the worst was a table..." With that he slung his crossbow over his back and pulled up his hood. At his wrist the falcon watched Drevo with bright eyes and snapped her beak...

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1612 on: March 07, 2011, 10:12:38 PM »
Korius sighed as White worked on a shield barrier on him and the others. Looking around, he saw Talin rifling through the provisions in the guard lounging area inside the wall, and he could pretty much guess what Talin was looking for. "There's no meat of any kind out here in these posts. They're too hard to maintain and preserve out this far from a town. Just be happy with any food at all." Korius walked around himself, and started picking up some of the food, putting them in his pouch that he had on his sash. Being completely broke was something new for Korius, even when he was forced into hiding after the Betrayal. He recalled when he went into hiding, selling all his weapons onto the black market and getting enough to start his own smithy. Suddenly, Korius' memories somehow slipped past even his childhood and into a time further back into the past. For some reason, he saw himself at the tower bridge of an old castle at night. He seemed to be in a duel with an Eagle-kin that he'd never seen before. The man was dressed with gold and purple, signifying royalty. Korius then snapped back to reality, finding himself knelt down and breathing heavily. He clutched his right eye as his eyes glowed blood red again. Korius' Ki was flowing more freely now, but something was off. It's almost as if it wasn't even his to begin with.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1613 on: March 07, 2011, 10:49:53 PM »
Kiana watched everyone else as they went about doing different things but always kept a sense of what Drevo was doing (without really looking at him), just in case. She noticed Korius kind of zone out as he was gathering food that was lying around the place so she kept an eye on him since she didn't know what was going through his head. When he went down on his knees and was breathing heavily, she quickly went over to him. She bent over beside him and looked at him. "What's wrong?" She asked as she looked at him.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1614 on: March 08, 2011, 08:00:03 AM »
*The wolf watched Korius go about for abit, noticing Kiana as well follow him soon after. White studied in his book for awhile, as the party didn't seem ready to move on just yet. After finishing another ancient text, he looked upon his shield design once again deciding it needed more work. With another couple layers under the first shield, he felt pleased and sat down a bit more relaxed*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1615 on: March 09, 2011, 12:29:26 PM »
Talin ignored everything Korius said after 'no meat', and went straight for the fruit. As he happily indulged in the produce, he only paid mild attention to what was going on around him. As he reached for the last apple, it suddenly flew out of his reach and was up in the air. He jumped towards the apple, and dropped to the floor as whatever was holding it up was suddenly gone. Did that get you to stop eating? You have better things to do than stuff your face with food. You know what, you know what?! Stop it...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1616 on: March 09, 2011, 09:53:01 PM »
Drevo stood around for a minute or so waiting for them to all move on, but to no luck. "Why aren't we going?! Every second we stand here resting the farther away Elistro gets!" he said, seeming agitated. "It wreaks of death anyway..." he continued, more calmer this time. He walked ahead of them a small ways, clearly eager to hurry. It was probably apparent what was on his mind, it's not like it would have been a secret. Part of him wanted to make a run for it again, with Korius seemingly off his rocker it would improve his chances.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1617 on: March 09, 2011, 10:44:40 PM »
Kitt pulled a strip of cured meat from his bag and held it out to Evellyn. The falcon leant forward on his arm, wings flapping twice before she snapped it up and swallowed it with a ravenous appetite. Kitt fed the falcon another two small strips, stroking her feathers between feeding. The falcon looked up at him with wide beseeching eyes and gave a shrill cry.

Shaking his head, Kitt closed his bag "You've had enough... There isnt much of that meat left and your lucky I dont give it straight toTalin, or myself..." The bird gave another shrill cry, this time quieter but no less irritable. With a distinct ruffle of her feather Eveyllyn turned her back to Kitt, turning on his wrist and sticking her head under her wing. Kitt frowned "Dont you turn your back on me missy!" He suddenly went quiet, glancing embarrassedly at the rest of the group, glad that Kiana was distracted with something  Korius was doing...

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1618 on: March 10, 2011, 02:19:27 AM »
Korius did his best to catch his breath, his heart finally calming down enough for him to finally relax, "Memories. Those that weren't my own. Somehow penetrated my mind. I'm not sure if it was because of magic or some kind of trick, but they were definitely not my memories. It looked like Terra from far before the Betrayal, and even before our time. I saw an Eagle-Kin that was of royalty, but there hasn't been one in centuries..." When he regained his composure, he stood up and surveyed the group, particularly keeping an eye on Drevo, especially since he spoke up. "It's 3-day old death. We won't catch up to their cavalry unit. They're all on horseback. No way in Hell, we'd be able to catch up. Just be patient. Besides, keep in mind that we are all broke now since the last city. We need provisions, and I never really spent time studying Celestia's map since I was in hiding from the Guardians by order of Lady Koara. So unless you want to die of hunger before you get your revenge, I recommend you shut up and follow orders."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1619 on: March 10, 2011, 03:07:45 AM »
Kiana nodded after she listened to Korius' explanation and straightened up before he stood up. She looked towards Drevo as Korius addressed what he had said then chuckled and glanced back at Kitt at hearing him talking to his bird. Her eyes moved back to Drevo after Korius finished speaking. "In other words, don't even try it." She said since she could sense that he really wanted to try to run off again. "I know that you know that I could take you down if you tried, hence why you threw that table at me last time. I'd rather not hurt you." She smirked slightly at the last part but was still serious.