The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128818 times)

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1620 on: March 10, 2011, 05:23:15 AM »
*Despite being a food addict, the worries of food, provisions, and money didn't worry White as he knew what he could do to help* "Well Korius, I know it has been a long time, but I'm sure I could easily rack us up some money by doing medical work for people. Since people of my profession seem to be difficult to come by and I've trained by far from what I could do the first time we met. It won't take very long since my majicka is mostly going to be used for illnesses, common injuries, and whatnot from those we meet more than likely. While if we don't find civilized locations, we could always ask for the help of one of the best archers we know for woodland foraging." *The wolf motioned towards Kitt*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1621 on: March 11, 2011, 12:30:23 AM »
Talin finished up his last piece of fruit, and sat down at a bloodied chair whose former occupant is now at Talin's feet. "White does make a good point, and I can go bounty hunting if none of our posters are still up. Otherwise, lets just get whatever food is left here and ration it." Talin leaned on his volge while sitting down, looking like an old man leaning on his cane even though the only part that seemed old was his white fringed hair.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1622 on: March 11, 2011, 05:21:58 PM »
Drevo began pacing back and forth, irritated that they still weren't moving. He thought of all the things he would do to Elistro when he got him. "I'll cut off his fingers one by one...Rip the scales off him. All of them. Then his toes. Pull out his teeth...Break his arms and legs. Throw him in a river. Off a cliff. Then if he survived, hang him. All too good for him...DAMNIT! I wish they would hurry the hell up...Stop wasting time. Each passing minute he gets farther away..."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1623 on: March 11, 2011, 06:21:03 PM »
Kitt grinned when White mentioning him. He flicked his fringe out of his eyes and tapped a hand against the smooth handle of his crossbow "Rangers used to be the royal hunters... Now that I have a falcon I think I fill the role quite nicely." As if she knew that she had been mentioned, Evellyn gave a soft call and ruffled her feathers before taking off from Kitt's wrist. The falcon swept twice around the group before landing nearby White on a pile of rubble, bright amber eye watching him inquisitively...

As the rest of the group continued to gather provisions or wait to leave, Kitt approached Drevo. He stopped a few meters away and gave Drevo space to continue pacing. With one hand still on his bow, Kitt pulled down his hood and glanced from Drevo, to the trail of hoof-prints and churned up mud that showed where Elistro and his men had traveled.

He sighed and scratched his ear absentmindedly "You really hate Elistro don't you..." Kitt glanced back towards the others before continuing "Everyone has a story, a person they hate, despise or envy... I still live in hatred of the guardian who killed my dad. And for those that still hold my mother as prisoner..." And with that he turned back to the group, whistling for Evellyn to return to his wrist...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1624 on: March 11, 2011, 09:47:31 PM »
Korius shook his head at Talin and White, "No, whatever the Guardians want, it can't wait that long. Non-local bounty hunting is the only kind that brings in money, and we don't have the time for it. And you, White, are the final remaining White Mage in all of Gaia. There's money on your head anywhere that's loyal to the Guardians. You advertising yourself like that is going to attract too much unwanted attention and troubles, and not just for us."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1625 on: March 12, 2011, 03:44:12 AM »
Kiana stood with her arms crossed among the wreckage and watched everyone, her eyes following the falcon when it flew over and landed next to White. After that, she watched Kitt as he went over to the pacing Drevo, who she wanted to crack upside the head with a rock at this point because he was really starting to bug her. She listened to Kitt as he spoke to Drevo and couldn't help but agree with Kitt. "He's got a point. I hate the...thing...that killed my brother. Had him right under a gigantic boulder, had his life in my hands. Couldn't kill him though...had to keep him alive for the bounty, even though they were going to kill him anyway. Probably escaped before they could do it..." She said, muttering the last part. "Point is, you're going to have to restrain yourself, no matter how hard it may be. Just like how you're restraining yourself right now...but it's harder when the person is right there in front of you..." After that, she looked off into the distance and she seemed to be off somewhere else as her eyes seemed to be glazed over. If something did happen, she would snap right back to what was going on, but for the moment, her mind was somewhere at that moment.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1626 on: March 12, 2011, 04:28:28 AM »
*The wolf sighed and looked away* "Just trying to help, even standing here right now, someone could have me in their crossbow sights. Taking chances everyday with crazy people! Though I suppose putting witnesses to my majicka in danger is not good, so you're right." *He laughed at his own dark humor from mention of the crosshair* "If I didn't think some of my own comments were funny, things would be much more boring around here some days... others I wish for a moment of subtlety."

"So if we can't make any money, how are we going to get any?"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1627 on: March 14, 2011, 03:44:43 AM »
Talin let out an even bigger sigh than White. "Then that leaves two equally practical options: Either loot every checkpoint we come across, or sell whatever weapons we can carry out of the next Guardian's base..." Talin took a hand off his double volge and examined it as it gave off a white shimmer. "How hard would it be to use magic for someone who just obtained magic?"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1628 on: March 15, 2011, 10:03:12 PM »
Kitt walked back to the group, stroking Evellyn's head in a distracted manner. Hood up and eyes cast down to the dusty floor, he listened carefully as the conversation went back and forth. Finally he sat down on a small pile of rubble and pulled out his Ranger's handbook, flicking straight to the section on falconry. With one ear perked up to keep listening to the conversation he started to read silently. His falcon hopped down from his wrist and took flight, circling over the heads of the group in large circles, held aloft by the wind and thermals...

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1629 on: March 16, 2011, 02:39:34 PM »
Korius finally tied the satchel to his sash and sighed, "Alright, let's get a move on. Take whatever weapons and armour pieces that aren't worn too badly so that we can at least make a couple Guilders in the next town." He personally stacked a couple shields that were unmarked and tied them together with some of the rope near where horses used to be. He then slung them over his shoulder and waited for the others. "Make sure none of them are marked with Guardian Servant insignias. We'll arouse too much trouble with those."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1630 on: March 16, 2011, 04:07:28 PM »
Kiana took a few knives from a few of the bodies and tucked them underneath her belt. She also grabbed a pair of hand/forearm armor pieces and slid the over-sized things on her own hands since it was the easiest way to carry them, then grabbed a helmet from a body whose head seemed to be about the same size as her's and put the helmet on her own head. She had made sure that none of the items she grabbed had an insignia on it.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1631 on: March 16, 2011, 04:44:44 PM »
"Uhh okay..." *White looked among the dead bodies and picked up a couple swords, not seeing any insignias on them and some pre-existing Guilders every so often* "Not much to pick from here, too bad we don't have some sort of cart to load these weapons into." *The wolf kicked a rock in boredom* "Not much left to do now except wait to see which direction we're going." *He put the swords under one of his arms and took another peek at one of his books to read*

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1632 on: March 17, 2011, 04:42:26 PM »
Talin looked around for all the two-handed weapons, and only non-guardian weapons found a few pole-arms and a broadsword. He wished the change hadn't occoured sooner, since carrying all of the weapons plus his own volge, made it difficult to get through doorways as well as run for long periods of time. Well, at least this will help get my legs in better shape. Seriously, how slow can I be if a man bigger and heavier than me can outrun me with a sword like Valia?!

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1633 on: March 17, 2011, 08:32:50 PM »
Drevo didn't respond when Kitt and Kiana spoke about their loss. Rather just keep pacing. When Korius said to try to find some stuff to sell he looked around. "You both got to do something to the person who killed a single member of your family...You still have family out there somewhere. Whether you like them or not. I have nothing. They're all dead. All of them. I have no real family left. All because of Elistro. He was responsible for their deaths! I swear I will kill him...Even if it kills me." he finally spoke as he gathered a few polearms. "What would you do? Killing so many people on this journey, most of them just following orders. Can you tell me you wouldn't kill a person who had wronged you in such a way? Death would be too good for him...I wouldn't care if he had a bounty on him for every last guilder in all of Gaia. I would savor the moment of ending his existence." The last part he meant towards Kiana, a way of telling her she did wrong for letting the man who wronged her live for money of all things.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1634 on: March 17, 2011, 10:00:10 PM »
Kitt knelt beside a soldier, an officer judging by his uniform, and pulled a gold ring from his dead finger along with a fine looking dagger. He dropped the ring into a pouch an stood up, glancing to Drevo "I have family... My clan still remains, in what tattered and severed ways it does. But that goes no way to ease the pain of my loss... Perhaps it is just the cultural differences, but I see other ways to make the people you loved proud..."

Strapping the dagger and its scabbard to his thigh Kitt started searching the pockets and satchel of another soldier "I would, and I do, kill in the name of my father. In the blind hope that I find my mother... But I dont go wishing my own death simply for revenge. If you truly wished to serve your family well, continue the name so that it will not be forgotten..." He spat onto the ground as he pulled a long-bladed knife out of the second body "Revenge is not the only way you can make your ancestors proud... "