The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128810 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1635 on: March 17, 2011, 11:40:57 PM »
Korius shook his head at Drevo's excuse for his little uprising from earlier, "You obviously haven't paid much attention this whole trip. Valius and I lost all our families and people we called family during the Betrayal. Elistro and his men were the ones who killed Valius' wife and unborn child, as well as the rest of the Knights whom he had come to call his brothers and sisters. But that man willfully gave his life to save your asses without regret. I was the one who killed my own brothers and sisters at the monastery alongside the monks who adopted me whom I had come to call my parents. You have to learn acceptance and tranquility into your heart, or else you're useless. I learned all that from Valius, and if no for that lesson, I would never have achieved THE technique. Kiana had learned the same lesson, but just in a different way. Same with Kitt. If you can't come to terms, you'll never get stronger and die. But like I told you before, you deviate, I kill you myself." He then looked around and saw the others ready to go, so he began to walk up north. "All of you, let's move"
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 11:43:43 PM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1636 on: March 18, 2011, 12:29:42 AM »
Kiana scoffed when Drevo finished speaking, picking up on the last thing he said being directed at her. She would have spoken up immediately but she let Kitt and Korius speak, nodding along with what they said, especially what Korius said about her. "Don't even bother telling me what I did was wrong." She said while looking at Drevo. "My brother was an honorable guy. He would not have wanted me to kill that useless piece of garbage to avenge him or make him proud. It would have disgusted him and made him disappointed in me. I know Kamau and this whole mission that we're on and me catching his killer in order to get us money, THAT is what he would want." She moved her eyes away from Drevo and followed after Korius. "Don't tell me..." She muttered to herself as she looked at the ground as she walked while her mind drifted off to something else.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1637 on: March 18, 2011, 02:30:12 AM »
*White just avoided the conversation entirely thinking back to his childhood* "I never really think about that at all, I have no past. So I always look forward, I guess because there's not much to think about. I don't really remember anything about it." *He looked distant for awhile and the conversation in the background just faded out* "Who am I?" *The wolf whispered while following closely to the group and shook his head out of his trance, reading another book* "Well I guess I can pretty much be the only person to give credit to Drevo for something of importance." *His thoughts strayed for another moment*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1638 on: March 20, 2011, 02:03:40 AM »
Talin followed Korius, only to get stuck trying to exit the door. He did a few test steps to see if it could be easily pried, only to have the pole-arm be wedged in further. So, he put his foot on the pole and tried to pry the blade out. After the blade snapped off the pole, He just gave up and decided to shave the rest off when they got to town and try to sell it as a Bo-staff. Who knows, I might be able to sell it for a better price if I promote it enough...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1639 on: March 20, 2011, 05:00:27 AM »
Drevo fell silent, kinda feeling like an ass. He just continued to gather the weapons, getting a stack and tying it together with a bit of rope he found. After that he hefted it over his shoulder, keeping the points behind him. He tried to ignore the feint thought of not killing Elistro. "...Damnit...Looks like once again I find myself being the ass...I hate this journey...I hate the guardians...I hate walking..." he thought as he moved on, lingering behind the group as he usually did.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1640 on: March 20, 2011, 03:31:13 PM »
Kitt walked alongside the group, letting Evellyn fly off ahead. The falcon would swoop off along the path before flying back, never quite disappearing from sight. Kitt finally let her settle back on his wrist and pulled up his hood, casting his eyes in shadow and stopping the wind from tugging at his fringe. He sighed under his breath and kicked a small stone sullenly off the path... I've been trying to stay positive, to not feel resentment or anger over the death of my father, like Korius said I should... But now Drevo reminded me that if my mother isnt still alive, I really wouldnt have any family left... He shook his head in a desperate attempt to clear the thought from his head...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1641 on: March 20, 2011, 10:57:03 PM »
A good majority of the day was spent walking, but they managed to reach a very small village. Upon entering, Korius already noticed many windows closed and boarded alongside a few bodies on the ground. He muttered before they entered the gates, "I guess we won't be selling shit here." The sun was just over the horizon and falling rapidly. Shadowy eyes could be seen staring at them all from within the cracks of all the homes. The little market section was overrun with produce all over the floor and the smithy was burning slowly since it was damp from recent rainfall. The ground was riddled with broken farm tools and deep hoof-prints. Korius held the shields by the rope in his left hand, low and not over his shoulder, and then gripped Valia at the handle, ready for anything that might happen. He hoped he won't have to draw the weapon, but he would if he had to. I could get away with just knocking the wind out of the villagers if I have to. Though I'm sure just drawing the blade will be enough to scare them back, if need be.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1642 on: March 21, 2011, 01:22:08 AM »
Kiana let her mind wander while they walked for most of the day, but still stayed aware of what was going on around her. When they got to the small village, she pulled herself fully back into her head and her eyes shifted back and forth between the buildings on both sides of the "road". A slight chill ran up her spine but she didn't make it apparent that it happened and she tightened her armored right hand around her staff. She could easily knock people out with a rock if they decided to come at her because she definitely wanted to avoid seriously injuring or killing 'innocent' people. "Don't really want to waste my majicka...of course, if I punched them in the head with these armored hands or headbutted them with this helmet on it'd probably be just as effective as a rock..." She thought as she examined the armor on her left hand for a moment before adjusting the helmet a tiny bit and returning her gaze to the buildings around them.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1643 on: March 22, 2011, 05:06:32 PM »
Drevo walked silently, when they reached the village he looked around seeing the state it was in. If needed he would fight should something happen. To make it better he had scavenged polearm weapons, which would transfer over well with his bow staff. The thoughts of wielding two spears had crossed his mind. "Was this Elistro's doing again? Control yourself...Have to...Hrmm...If I could just--...." Drevo clenched his fist and shook his head to try and not think of it.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1644 on: March 22, 2011, 06:25:48 PM »
Kitt felt no such apprehension at drawing his weapon and pulled his crossbow from his back. He kept the bow unstrung, but his hand remained near to the lever that would load a bolt and draw the string all the same. Evellyn took flight as he hefted the crossbow and circled above the rooftops around the group. Kitt watched her fly for a moment before continuing with the others, amber eyes searching over the many windows and shadowy alleyways. He was simply glad that he had decided to take daggers and smaller items, leaving both of his hands ready to use his crossbow...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1645 on: March 23, 2011, 02:47:15 PM »
Out of nowhere, a shadowy figure jumped off of the roof of one of the buildings and landed right in front of the group. Korius quickly drew Valia and stopped the blade just short of the figure, the follow-through was enough to blow the hood off the figure. It revealed a smirking human. "Goddammit, Lester, you know I don't like it when you do that. I could have killed you." The human stood up and laughed, "What!? The legendary Korius Lambent unable to stop his own blade? Impossible. I'm sorry, I didn't know it was you until I saw Valia on your back. Only two people in all of Gaia who could use that blade, not too hard to figure out friend or foe. But seeing you with it, I'm guessing he's gone now, isn't he?" Korius' face hardened, "Yes. But he went out a warrior and a hero. Nothing more, nothing less." Lester then looked over Korius' shoulder and looked at the group, "The Destiny Heroes, eh? Wasn't there supposed to be another girl? The heir to the Kaelin name if I'm not mistaken." Korius sighed, "I was told she shared a fate similar to Valius. Anyways, *turns to the group* this is Lester Trepe. He's one of the last Great Masters in Gaia. He's a claymore master from Levardia, though his hand-to-hand combat can rival most." The man laughed a hardy laugh, "Once, maybe. But now I'm merely just a smith for our little village of Gilliad. But enough about us, you lot won't be able to dawdle here for long. Elistro and his men trampled through a few days ago, and we're expecting his follow-up group to be shortly behind. From the looks of things, you're looking to sell those armours and weapons. I'll happily pay for them. I kept a majority of my money from back in Terra, and brought it over. Come! I know my smithy's on fire, but that's just for show."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1646 on: March 24, 2011, 12:32:26 AM »
Kiana had produced a rather large rock from the ground when the figure had jumped down from the roof to land in front of Korius. As the conversation went on, she held the rock on her hand palm-up and looked back & forth between Korius and the human he called Lester. Her ears flattened slightly against her head under the helmet when Valius and Clare were brought up in the conversation, but she quickly pushed the thoughts to the back of her mind. When the conversation was over, she finally dropped the rock and stood ready to follow the two, deciding that it was okay to do so since Korius was fine with Lester.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1647 on: March 24, 2011, 03:40:22 AM »
*The wolf closed his book immediately seeing the man appear out of seemingly nowhere* "Oh crap not again!" *White quickly put up a shield and had fallen on the ground from his clumsiness; he watched Korius talk with him for a few seconds, soon to discover it was a friend* "Ahh... damn had me worried I was gonna have to use all my majicka again on another fight." *He retreated the shield and got back up, brushing himself off, looking kind of foolish now, pretended like nothing happened*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1648 on: March 25, 2011, 12:23:36 AM »
Talin was going to throw his recently crafted Bo-staff at Lester when he appeared, but hesitated when Korius started talking, then eventually just let it fall out of his hand. "Should we introduce ourselves, or have our bounty posters already come through here?" Talin probably stuck out just as much as Korius as he was carrying the pole-arms with the blades pointed to the sky and the handle itself only halfway down his height.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1649 on: March 25, 2011, 12:38:41 AM »
Drevo casually watched Lester appear, seeing the others ready themselves for a fight. He figured if it were an enemy they wouldn't announce themselves as such and just attack. For all he knew it was just some random person who liked jumping off buildings, or a guard or something. He adjusted the weapons on his shoulder and looked around should any real attackers show up. He turned with his body, making the points of the weapons wave around blindly. They went over White's head as he fell after putting up his shield. He was none the wiser.