The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128903 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #165 on: February 13, 2010, 03:02:34 AM »
Septim quickly blocked and grunted as he impact forced more blood out of the cut. He made a beeline straight for the rangers, drawing another short sword from his cape. He dodged their shots and jumped over them, about to slice them open. Before he could strike, Korius quickly tackled him and rolled off, getting out of way as Valius coordinated a downward strike. Septim brought up the short swords and blocked, the ground cracking up under him. He howled in pain as he kicked Valius off and head first into the wall. Korius yelled over, "Rangers! Now!"

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #166 on: February 13, 2010, 08:08:26 AM »
Both rangers brought their weapons to bare up against their shoulders, enchanted bolts loaded, and fired....

The ice blue bolt of the water rune and the crackling golden bolt of the lightning rune sped towards septim, but before they could strike Septim himself the two collided... the two colours merged into a great flash and a roll of thunder, a dark cloud spiralled out from the point where the two bolts had collided. Time itself seemed to have slowed to a crawl, The cloud grew larger and larger, small bolts of lightning flashed and sparked, grounding themselves in the earth and the pillars... suddenly the cloud burst into a pure white flash, time seemed to rush back into the room, the moment of wonder gone as a single bolt of pure magika streaked towards Septim, the two bolts, by a chance of a thousand to one, had merged... rune of water, and rune of lightning, had merged to form the incredibly more powerfull rune of the Storm....
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #167 on: February 13, 2010, 01:42:03 PM »
The bolts struck Septim as he jumped to his feet to dodge. A large cloud of debris and dust formed on contact. Everyone looked and waited to see it that was it. A loud laugh came from the settling cloud. "hahahahahahaha... HAHAHAHAHA! I don't think I've had a fight like this since the Crimson War from 2,000 years ago! But it's too bad for you." The cloud cleared slowly, revealing an almost naked Septim. The legs were blown off his trousers, his chest plate gone along with his cape. He stood there, holding two claymores and, to everyone's surprise, the Sigil on a metal strap across his chest that held the claymores on his back. "I'll give you all credit for trying sooo hard. I'll be sure to label your graves as the 'Great Assassins'!" With that, he crossed his arms, leaned forward and dashed even faster than before straight towards Talin, ready to cut him into 3 pieces.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #168 on: February 13, 2010, 08:29:15 PM »
Drevo saw Septim begin to dash at Talin; he knew he couldn't run at full speed any longer due to the strain on his legs. His legs shook slightly before he darted off towards Septim from behind, hoping Talin could handle himself so he could get a sneak attack. As Septim drew close to Talin, Drevo uncovered the spearhead and charged Septim from behind.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #169 on: February 13, 2010, 09:20:54 PM »
Kiana watched and waited for the right moment. Just before Septim was within striking distance from Talin, she punched the air at an angle. The motion causing a jagged slab of stone to jut out from the floor, striking Septim in the chest with enough force to knock him towards Drevo...

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #170 on: February 13, 2010, 09:31:39 PM »
Septim grunted as the spearhead embedded itself into his back. He growled in pain and back-swiped Drevo, knocking him away with the butt of the claymore. In anger, Septim threw one of the claymores at Kiana.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #171 on: February 13, 2010, 09:35:11 PM »
Kiana ducked out of the way of the claymore, but not without receiving a cut in her right shoulder. Her anger was apparent on her face and she shoved her hand in the wall again. She pulled out another stone slab and threw it at Septim, but aimed for his chest this time, hoping she'd break some ribs.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #172 on: February 13, 2010, 09:52:05 PM »
This time, Septim was ready, especially since he was facing her afterall. He brought down the claymore and cut it in half. While he was in mid stroke, the Szardas fired their enchanted bolts and hit holes in both his legs. He screamed out as he fell to his knees. Korius took the opportunity, and came down with the katana. Septim, in his anger, turned his upper-body and grabbed Korius's throat before he struck and pinned him to the ground. He reversed his grip on the claymore and brought it down on Korius. Valius yelled, "No!" He ran in and jumped, grabbing Septim's arm (off-setting the strike) and taking the claymore through his chest. Valius dropped Valia and groaned. "...Korius." Korius wiggled and grabbed Valia, running it through the Sigil and Septim's heart. Septim grunted, dropped the claymore with Valius and fell back, slowly bleeding away. He chuckled, "Heh. I never thought I'd ever see this day. So that old had was really right. We had sought the wrong people to kill. But I still think it is all for naught. I am nothing, compared to the others." He laughed faintly between coughs of blood. He slowly but surely pulled Valia out of his chest and did his best to get up and prepared to try to strike down on Korius one more time. "You have been always her pawn, and the biggest pain in my backside since you joined the Knights all those years ago."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #173 on: February 13, 2010, 10:03:16 PM »
Kiana had come up behind Septim while he was talking, stone had encased her right foot while she walked. "I don't think so." She said sternly in response to him attempting to strike Korius. She leaned to the left to get more height and kicked Septim hard right in the middle of his back while simultaneously bringing her staff down hard on his hand, knocking Valia out of his hand and sending him towards a pillar.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #174 on: February 13, 2010, 10:36:03 PM »
Septim flacked hard onto the ground from the kick, more blood pouring from his chest and back where he had been run through. Korius continued to cough from the pain of being man-handled and strangled. Korius crawled over towards Valius and rolled him over, and tried to keep him conscious. "*cough* Valius. You alright, old fart?" Valius groaned and grunted, his wound hurting him and blood slowly running out of his mouth and coughing. "Ugh... how many time I gotta tell you? I'm not that much older than you, you pompous and arrogant little prat. In any case, it seems your were always the one to lead. No matter how hard I try, I'm nothing compared to a prodigy like you. The boys and I always joked that you were the reincarnation of Shinzuu himself. Now, I might just believe it. Take lead of the party, they're your problem now." Valius turned his head towards Kiana. "Kiana. I'm sorry, but it appears a Guardian was too much for me. Wish I could have shared a few drinks and have those little hybrids with you. Hehe... *cough cough*"

Valius closed his eyes and took a deep breath, "Talin, if you're still conscious, listen well. Don't lose to Chronin. The White Diamond was destroyed long ago. Only darkness remains for him. Get stronger, and you might be able to control him, but never let him take control again. You might no longer exist if you let him control you again. That is your only option if you wish to live. Elistra, you watch over him. Rangers..." Kitt's father cut him short. "Save your breath, Valius. We know what you're going to say. Unfortunately, we won't be able to stay with the party. I told you that this was temporary. And after what happened today, I don't wish to see my son in such danger when he's not ready. I'm sorry, but we can't stay. However, we salute you and respect your courage. We'll forever remember your story and will tell it wherever we go."

Valius nodded "Yes, I understand. But remember, you are two of the Chosen. Train, get stronger, but don't ever abandon your ultimate destiny. Especially you. Koara told me of a tough decision you will have to make in order to fulfill your destiny. What you do will be up to you." He looked over to Korius as the light faded from his eyes. He tried to say something, but he couldn't. He pointed a shaking finger towards Valia. Korius nodded and grabbed it, setting it on Valius's chest. Valius shook his head and pushed it back to Korius. Tears flowed from Korius's eyes for the second time in his life. He choked out some words as Valius began to breathe his last. "I've always idolized, you V. You were the reason I've worked so hard in combat and in serving Gaia. I just wanted you to know that." Valius smiled and exhaled for the last time, the life now completely drained from his body.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #175 on: February 14, 2010, 02:52:29 AM »
Drevo slowly rose to his feet after he had been knocked away. As he rose he saw Valius laying motionless on the ground with Korius looking over him. His legs were shaking uncontrolably now as he supported himself on his bowstaff. He began to hobble towards Valius and Korius; his legs in tremendous pain. He reached them and dropped to his knees as he held himself up with his bowstaff. "Valius...Damn you..." Drevo muttered. "I didn't save you so you could die here!" he managed to say loudly; causing him to lose his grip on his bowstaff and fallover. He stayed silent after that in mourning as he looked over to Septim's corpse then back at Valius.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #176 on: February 14, 2010, 09:04:14 AM »
Kitt and his father walked down the alleyways of the city, hoods up and weaving through the crowds like shadows...
"dont feel bad Kitt, im doing this for your sake, and anyway... before all of this we where still searching for your mother, we're closer than ever and i cant let this chance down... and if we do find her, alive, then i swear on my life we will return to help them, if it means that much too you.."

Kitt nodded, pulling his cloak tighter around him, with one last glance to the group with which they had travelled he turned, and the two dissapeared into the crowds....
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #177 on: February 15, 2010, 12:19:41 AM »
Talin walked over to Valius' corpse, and held a torch he lit from others around the room. "Unles anyone else has any objections, I wish to give him a warrior's burial, unless you can find a holier place to do this...." Elistra was about to jerk him away, but then noticed one of the rare moments when he actually was feeling regret, and decided to wait for everyone else to voice their thoughts...

However, whatever good was left in Chronin decided to give up the idea of achieving balance, and began to permanetly seperate from the whole of Chronin's spirit. After the good left, the spirit collapsed and a massive amount of evil that the spirit contained was losing its form, becoming a cloud of black magik. But, while the good majik was entering Talin by slipping through the elemental defenses, the black majick swirled into the staff connecting the blades, slowly turning it into a cursed weapon.

However, both events were not visible because the magik was not channeled through any physical object...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #178 on: February 15, 2010, 03:32:00 AM »
Kiana continued to look at Valius' lifeless body, his last joke to her ringing in her ears as she realized she would never hear any joke from him again. His last exhale lingered and seemed to make the air too thick (at least to her); she was having trouble breathing. "Didn't I..." She gasped for air. "Didn't I tell you that you weren't allowed to die!" She yelled towards Valius' body, not moving any closer and trying to just sound angry that he didn't listen and not sad but failing miserably since her voice cracked through her yelling. She turned away as she slowly switched her staff to her left hand, not wanting to see the body anymore. She exhaled shakily and stood still for a few seconds before letting out a yell of sadness and frustration and punching the wall. A large portion of the wall crumbled away and left a gaping hole. Seeing that gaping hole seemed to make things even more real, like it symbolized the loss in the group, and Kiana dropped her staff and sunk down to her knees, putting her face in her hands.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #179 on: February 15, 2010, 03:53:53 AM »
Korius grunted as he staggered to his feet. He stood over Valius's body as he saluted with Valia and strapped it to his back. Korius watched as a bright light came from under Valius. Dio and Provas glowed with a golden glimmer, the light pierced the darkness in Korius's heart. Dio and Provas bursted into dust, but unlike Clare's knives, the dust floated and covered Shinzuu's Katana, Vee's Sai, and Talin's Voulge. The katana and sai came to life, glowing their own light of silver, rune, magic and ancient enchantments covering the blades. The light covering the Voulge reshaped the blade and the handle to its original form of the Dark Staff, the enchantments showing up on the now enlarged blade, suppressing the dark magic within the staff.

The figures of Shinzuu, Vee and Koara appeared before them all, but only for a brief moment. The figures bowed and disappeared into their respective weapons. Korius watched Koara's figure disappear into the Voulge and panted out in surprise and wonder. "So that's where she sealed the Dark Staff." He walked over to Kiana and laid a hand on her shoulder. "It's best to look forward. Never dwell in the past. Make his sacrifice worthwhile and fulfill your destiny." Korius walked back over to Valius's body and took the torch from Talin and lit the body. "Come, everyone, let us leave this place. Kiana, when we're all out, bury this castle. It shall be the memorial grave of the greatest warrior who ever lived in our age."