The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128811 times)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1650 on: March 25, 2011, 11:49:19 PM »
With a soft -kachunk- a bolt was already loaded and strung, the crosshairs of Kitt's bow aimed directly at Lester. He lowered the bow as soon as it became apparent that he was not a danger, and instead he pushed the loading lever back and unloaded the bolt back into the rack of ammunition. Kitt watched Korius and lester with mild curiosity from beneath his shadowed hood, holding out an arm for his falcon to land on where she proceeded to ruffle her feathers.
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1651 on: March 26, 2011, 04:23:37 PM »
Korius followed after Lester and examined the wall that was on fire, "Levardian lilies, pride of Levardian horticulture and extremely rare. Their sap is flammable and has the ability to burn indefinitely. The flowers were said to have gone extinct a hundred years ago." Lester laughed as he rifled through some stones in the other wall, "Indeed, that was the general thought, but my family long since grew their own in inconspicuous places, since the ability of its sap with fire was going to start another war. We froze all the fields and shattered them all, destroying all the saplings of the majority crop, leaving a small amount in our private farm." He finally pulled out a large bag and pulled a ton of Shims and a few Guilders. Korius walked over to the smith bench and checked the money. "Come on, you can spare another guilder for my shields." Lester chuckled as he tossed another silver coin onto the bench, "That's fine. Just make sure to tell your friend over there that a broken spear won't pass as a bowstaff no matter how he tries to cut it."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1652 on: March 26, 2011, 11:49:55 PM »
Kiana watched and listened to the conversation between the two with mild interest as she followed them. What they were talking about didn't really concern her and she was more focused on getting out of the god forsaken village. When they were in the smithy and the money had been found, she removed the helmet and set it down. She stared at the hand/forearm armors for a moment before taking them both off one at a time and setting them next to the helmet. To occupy herself further, she took hold of the emerald around her neck with her left and raised it up to look at it.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1653 on: March 27, 2011, 03:50:38 AM »
*The wolf watched blankly not really focusing on the conversation, other than the mention of the flowers* "Sounds like it would make a great fire for camping." *He whispered silently while watching Lester and Korius* "This is pretty boring..." *The wolf kicked at a few rocks to the side and leaned up against a wall while watching his companions to pass the time, taking out another book to read for the time being* "More spells, more fun in the future."
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1654 on: March 28, 2011, 12:21:38 AM »
Talin was ticked off at the outright 'rejection' of his idea, and even more so since he didn't even say anything. However, his answer didn't really match his emotions. "You honestly think I would waste our time trying to sell this broken pole-arm to someone who can actually tell the difference?! Please, I am not that desperate." Talin eyed the sack of money, and then looked back at Lester, then catching a glance at Kiana. "Go ahead, if you think you'll get a better emerald..." He did not think that she was only keeping herself busy, only assuming that whatever is being inspected is what they were expecting to sell.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1655 on: March 28, 2011, 04:38:47 AM »
Drevo set his haul down after walking in with the others. After he finished he sat down in a corner on a crate, he didn't care to say anything. He didn't expect to get paid, normally the money went to Korius anyway. He leaned back against the wall, pulling his hat down over his face with his hands behind his head and his bow staff leaning on him. He thought about the flower they mentioned, how it would burn. He pictured his bow staff doused in the stuff and him twirling it around. Then he saw himself catch on fire from doing so.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1656 on: March 28, 2011, 03:56:58 PM »
With a sigh Kitt dropped the knives that he had scavenged from various soldiers, along with various other pieces of unnecessary equipment, leaving two long blades that he had buckled just above his boots. Overall he felt a lot more nimble and agile without all the unnecessary weight, leaving the two heaviest objects on his person to be his crossbow, the guardians handbow (still in his bag and wrapped safely in a winter cloak) and the large sheaf of crossbow bolts.

Glad to finally feel more like the scout and Ranger he was supposed to be, Kitt walked over to where White was lent against the wall and sidled up alongside him. Pulling his hood down he glanced over at the book White was reading, eyes roving over the symbols and diagrams as he attempted to decipher their meaning.

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1657 on: March 29, 2011, 12:03:24 AM »
Lester sorted through everyone's spoils, calculating the cost of each piece of equipment. Meanwhile, Korius walked out for a little and looked around the little town, everything within sight, when all of a sudden, a sharp pain went through his head, and images flashed through his mind again. This time, he saw himself getting off a boat and surrounded by elves, all of whom seemed to give him a sour look, save for a taller one whom stood over the others, extending a hand in welcome, though he couldn't hear anything. Korius peered at the lips and it almost seemed to say "Welcome to Celestia, Shinzuu." After that, he snapped out of it and found himself on the ground again. Lester walked over and dropped the bag next to him, "Your money's in there. I've separated everyone's and already given it to them. You okay?" Korius nodded as he caught his breath and stood up, picking up the sack of coins, "Yea, I've just been seeing visions lately. This is the second time. Memories that aren't mine." He then noticed the look on Lester's face, "Tell me." Lester shook his head, "No. I'm forbidden. If you want to know, you'll have to ask Soria. She's the only one allowed to tell you about that, and she will find you when the time is right. For now, just keep your eyes on your mission."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1658 on: March 29, 2011, 04:52:09 PM »
Kiana dropped the emerald back against her chest and looked over at Chrono with some kind of 'what are you thinking' look on her face. "Sell this?" She questioned, touching the emerald with her finger tip. "You can't be serious. It gives me more power behind my magic. No way I'm getting rid of it." When she spoke, she avoided sounding angry or like Chrono was stupid for saying such a thing because she knew he didn't have much knowledge of how things worked for mages. She thanked Lester when he gave her the money for her things after she had put down the daggers as well then tied the string of the little bag to her belt before walking out of the smithy.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1659 on: March 29, 2011, 06:59:14 PM »
*The wolf looked up from his reading for a moment to eavesdrop by the mention of memories not of his own by Korius* "Hmm.. that doesn't sound good and since the other guy Lester won't talk about it, that's a given." *He shrugged and went back to the pages in his book* "Not my concern, I just want to keep moving, hopefully we have more money now." *Uninterested, White flipped another page and studied the words going across the lines of text* "I think I'm going to give this book a rest." *He put it back in its realm and looked around, spotting Kiana show a bit of disgust at the prospect of selling her majicka item* "I definitely know what that's like, if I lost my majicka storage item in battle I don't think I'd be so successful in some cases."
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1660 on: March 29, 2011, 11:51:34 PM »
Talin started out the door, using the broken handle as a walking stick as he collected his share of the loot's worth. He put the coins in with his needles as the coinage wasn't large enough to overcrowd the purse and the needles would prick, and hopefully alert him to, anyone that would try to pickpocket him. Talin stopped after walking about five steps from the door, and looked over at the 'burning' house. Flames like this don't last long, exactly how much in a hurry was Elistro if he couldn't notice this?
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1661 on: March 30, 2011, 04:20:55 AM »
Drevo felt someone approaching him, though he was surrounded by allies so he didn't budge. He didn't expect a sack of guilders to be dropped in his lap. A smirk crept onto his face at the thought of having gotten money. Though it wasn't from greed, more as a realization he was wrong. He took the sack and placed it away in his robes, still without moving his hat. He wanted to relax until the time to move again came around. Drevo was still feeling a little dumb for the bit earlier.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1662 on: March 30, 2011, 04:42:34 PM »
Kitt grinned as Lester handed over his own small bag of money. He instantly handed over half of what he had been given and nodded towards a barrel full of arrows and crossbow bolts "Ammunition is worth more to me than gold..."

Lester returned the grin as he pulled out two handfuls of crossbow bolts "The Ranger knows what he needs! Bodkin quarrels, armour piercing and with a punch, should complement your stock of regular bolts nicely..." With that he ruffled Kitt's hair and turned away, leaving the young feline to slot the bodkin arrows into a separate pre-loaded rack and pull his hood up in mild annoyance.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1663 on: March 31, 2011, 12:07:32 AM »
Korius growled as he got up and walked on towards the edge of town, "We're leaving!" Lester placed a hand on Korius, who shook him off, "I don't need your bullshit." Lester shook his head, "Actually, my wife's got some food for sale. I merely wanted to ask you to buy from her first." "Let the others if they want to, but I'm leaving. I need to find that bitch to unlock my ki to full power, and to find out what the hell is going on." Lester sighed, "Fine. At least you haven't changed much." He ran back to tell the rest of the group as Korius situated himself just out of sight of the town, surveying the area and waiting for the others.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1664 on: March 31, 2011, 02:37:15 AM »
"Korius, knock it off." Kiana said assertively before Korius went off out of town. She rolled her eyes at his attitude and went back with Lester, buying some food from his wife but not a lot. When she was done, she left the place and walked to the edge of town, knowing that the others would be able to find their way just fine. She could see Korius a little ways away when she got to the edge of town so she headed towards him. "What's with the attitude?" She said as she got within a few feet of him. "I know you're stressed, that's obvious, but there's no need to snap at those who only want to help you when they can." She kept a strong, guarded expression on her face as she spoke to him but she was seriously concerned about what was going on with him.