The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128796 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1740 on: May 06, 2011, 10:53:12 PM »
Soria scoffed as she watched Drevo get dragged into the Inn, "So much for the once great society of Voronese Knights." Her demure and face grew a little more dark at the sight of White falling down the stairs and not too far from her, "And not too much from the last remaining White Mage." She sighed and stood up, arms still crossed, "Well, to business. Korius is currently going to be training with me for the time being. The Guardians are up to something, and it's nothing good. I'm forcing Korius to quickly unlock the rest of his power, or die trying. We are running short on time, and we can't afford any more delays. You will continue your journey without him for the time being. But you won't be leaving empty-handed, either. You all must get stronger and faster, as well. So in order to fulfill that, you must go on and take care of the Guardians without your crutch to help you. He's not a Destined one, so if he dies from this, it'll be up to you all." Soria reached under her table and pulled up a bunch of small satchels. She walked around and handed them to Kitt, Drevo, White and Talin. "In each of your satchels, lays both a gift and a cursed item that will affect your personally." Inside Kitt's satchel, there laid what looked like a normal map of central Celestia, Kyzen's territory, and a bloodied and mangled crest of the Szarda clan. "That was your mother's, as is the map. It's your own quest to decipher the message within it." Drevo's contained a folded portrait of his family that was partially burnt and a stained dagger that was rusted. "I'm fairly sure you know who that belongs to. Be patient, he will be yours. Train hard." Talin's contained the wedding gauntlet from the ninja village, all destroyed and mangled, and a small item that seemed to be permanently sealed within scraps of scripts. "I"m sure even an idiot like you can figure out the meaning of that piece of ceremonial armour. The egg is safe. The small item in question, do not use unless you're knocking on death's door." Finally, in White's satchel, there was only one item, a lone Voronese trinket box. "In there is the only existing diamond. It's not pure or flawless, but it will give you enough of a boost to make up for your uselessness." Finally, Soria walked up to Kiana, her face only inches from her's. "Your brother is far from dead, young one. But he's no longer the man you remember that he was. His spirit has been ripped from the netherworld, back to ours'. In order for you to survive the coming trials, you are going to need this." Soria ran a finger on Kiana's shoulder and down her chest, passing on Kiana's breast. Without warning, Soria straightened her hand almost like a chop and ran her fingers into Kiana's stomach. With her other hand, she grasped Kiana's face and a bright flash consumed the room. When the light dissipated, Soria was already walking away from Kiana, "Consider that a gift. You'll find that you should have the ability to start practicing on that necklace without too much risk. However, I recommend not trying to use more than 1% of your power to start with." After exiting, Soria vanished, leaving no trace of any kind.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1741 on: May 07, 2011, 02:08:19 AM »
There were so many things that Kiana wanted to snap at Soria with as she spoke but all of those comments remained in her head. "Die trying? I'll give you die trying... Go on without him?! Are you *** crazy?! We can't beat another Guardian without him, we barely beat the last one... If he dies, I'll kill you myself!" Kiana thought to herself, her face moving into a scowl as the thoughts moved through her mind. The scowl remained as she watched Soria give everyone their satchels, having no concern about not being named, and told them what was inside. When Soria came over to her, Kiana remained still and her expression didn't change, even though she hated the woman being that close to her. Hearing Soria speak about her brother, her eyebrows furrowed though she resisted changing her expression with any other way. When Soria touched her, she really wanted to pull away but wasn't able to. When her hand was shoved into her stomach, Kiana couldn't resist bending forward as her breath was knocked out of her then was straightened back up after Soria grasped her face. As soon as the deed was done, Kiana watched as Soria walked away as she spoke and exited the tavern. Anger enveloped Kiana. So much so that she had an extreme urge to punch something with all of her might. The anger was quite apparent by the look on her face and her left hand clenched into a fist, also showing her urge to punch something as well as she glared at the floor.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1742 on: May 07, 2011, 07:16:59 AM »
"Uhh... yeah about that." *The wolf responded upon seeing Soria* "Totally not my fault..." *He turned for a moment to glare at Drevo while feeling his bladder like a heart beating with terribly clogged arteries* "Oh gaia I hope this doesn't take long." *Sweat beads rolled down the side of his head in the normal temperature environment of the room* "Of course I would be last, that's how the world always works, but hell I didn't get a cursed item thank goodness... err I think. Shit, which did I get?!" *He put the trinket box in his cloak and ran to the bathroom down the hall at long last, not waiting for any sort of reactions to the only diamond being in his possession* "Finally... FINALLY!" *He stood there for several minutes occasionally eying the box in his cloak* "I'm not really fond of using any item that is potentially evil." *He suddenly remembered what Soria said about no longer being useless* "Holy crap... will this thing make me run and jump faster too? I would love to finally be able to jump down from a roof without having to worry about breaking my legs or punching the wall without breaking a hand... again." *He looked at the trinket box fiendishly as he walked back into the lobby among his companions*
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 07:18:40 AM by White Wolf Guardian »
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1743 on: May 07, 2011, 02:54:15 PM »
Talin looked at the gauntlet, the only visible change on his face being the twitch under his right eye. He put it back in the sack, half-tempted to throw the entire sack out the window in anger. Then he flipped a table over, broke a chair against a wall, and back-handed the bartender that tried to stop him from further damage. Black smoke rose out of his clothes as his ancestor tried to take advantage of his rage. The rage and opportunity was short-lived, and Chronin was shoved into a tiny corner of his descendant's mind. Nothing will get done while grieving, or raging. Nothing. He repeated this in his head as he put the table back up and cleaned up the remains of the chair. He let out a heavy sigh and rubbed his eyes and face before looking at Kiana. "Korius will catch up by the time we deal with the next guardian. Right now, lets get our drunken knight sober again. Then, we'll continue to the next guardian..."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1744 on: May 07, 2011, 03:59:13 PM »
Contrary to popular belief Drevo was far from drunk at this point. The hint of the destroyed ninja village where his friends were was on his mind. The last remaining thing he could call family could have possibly been destroyed. He looked at the burnt picture of his family, looking at him, his brother, sister and parents together being happy. He twirled the dagger in the palm of his hand and threw it to stick into the wooden floor. When Soria had made her exit he chased after, taking the dagger from the ground as he shot out of his chair. Outside he didn't see a sign of her anywhere. The thought of returning to the village now had crossed his mind. Looking at the dagger he clenched it in his hand and walked off.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1745 on: May 07, 2011, 06:10:01 PM »
Kitt took the map and the crest, watching Soria cautiously with his bright amber eyes. He remained silent as she passed among the others and still remained silent once she had left the tavern. With a deep sigh he ran his thumb across the Szarda emblem, tarnished with blood until it no longer glimmered with the golden beauty it once had. Kitt held the crest in one hand, staring at it in contemplation, and then closed his fingers tight around it "How did she get hold of this, If it belonged to my mother?"

The question was directed at no one in particular, and indeed Kitt did not seem to expect an answer, for he pulled up his hood a moment later "And what did she mean by a cursed item?" He folded the map and slid both items into a leather pouch at his belt, then leaned back in his seat and sighed again. With one hand still stroking Evellyn's head absentmindedly Kitt suddenly grinned "Well... I dont know about you guys, but I'm still in the mood for some breakfast!"
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1746 on: May 07, 2011, 07:13:37 PM »
Soria reappeared out of the blue near where Korius now sat. He was up, and was waiting. "Keep your mind off your companions, I sent them on ahead of you." Korius nearly roared, "They can't! They're not ready yet!" Soria's figure disappeared and reappeared kicking him in the face and stepping firmly on it, "Like with you, they don't have time, either. If they don't shape up enough to fight without you, then they are as good as dead. Remember, you are not a Chosen One. You are useless without your full power. Unlike them, you are already at your strongest, merely sealed away and tarnished from Lady Koara's pacification of your heart. Your abilities are merely hindered, not undiscovered. You know your role in all this, play it or leave."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1747 on: May 08, 2011, 03:02:44 AM »
Kiana looked around the room and was sort of surprised by the fact that it seemed like none of them had even seen what happened to her. Like it hadn't happened. She was also surprised by the fact that Talin seemed to have read her mind when she was thinking angrily while Soria had been talking. Just then she realized that Drevo wasn't in the Inn and she quickly went out the door to find him walking away down the street. "And where are you going?" She questioned when she spotted him, prepared to use her majicka if need be in case he tried to run off again.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1748 on: May 08, 2011, 03:51:59 AM »
*White looked around seeing that Soria left and Drevo quickly made an escape* "And... Kitt, the way that Soria phrased how the map belonged to his mother, it's only a matter of time before he figures out what has befallen her. Whether or not I should keep to the wishes of the said fate of her is another story, I don't think I have the courage to break the silence by telling him after all his work that she was dead the entire time. It will just make him give up, hopefully he takes the map as another clue to finding her rather than accepting she's dead." *White also noticed Kiana leave in the same direction as Drevo out the door* "Great, another conflict. You know what? I think I actually am going to join this one, because that punk also got me drunk!" *He rushed out the door not far behind the Earth mage* "I will gladly help collect him this time." *He gripped the diamond in his left hand with a toothy grin hidden under the shade of his cloak while looking towards the ninja past Kiana*

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1749 on: May 09, 2011, 01:33:40 AM »
Talin wanted to knock Drevo down and drag him back like he thought Korius would, but he refrained as Kiana was getting ready to do just that. He smiled and almost shoved Kitt even though he ment to playfully push. "Just remember that we have to conserve whatever money we have left..." He walked over to the bar, offered Kitt a chair, then promptly got out of sight of the bruised bartender. He went to the farthest corner of the inn, sat down, and finally broke down into sobs now that the immediate issues were dealt with.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1750 on: May 09, 2011, 01:44:46 AM »
Drevo turned to see White and Kiana behind him. He stopped and stared at the both of them as if it were an old western showdown. He felt his stomach turn, the fact that they thought he was going to run off again hurt but also that they cared enough to stop him made him feel funny. "I wanted to chase down that cat for hitting you. What else." he said sarcastically. He would have said he was going to retrieve his things from the black smith but didn't care to. It seems no one noticed he was weaponless. With that said he turned and walked off. If he was assaulted he would react as needed.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 01:47:22 AM by Srgntcuddles »

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1751 on: May 09, 2011, 07:14:32 AM »
Kitt grinned, even though Talin almost knocked him to the ground "Yeah... But when that black cat walked in, she dropped a bag of money off for the inkeeper, ordering breakfast for our group... Free breakfast is always the best!" He grinned childishly and sat down at the bar, Evellyn on his shoulder like a bizarre taloned-parrot...

When Talin broke down in the corner, Kitt scratched his neck awkwardly. He glanced around but realised that they  where the only two from their group left in the Inn and, sighing, he stood up and walked over "Hey Talin..." He paused and shuffled his feet awkwardly, shooting glances at him from under his hood "Need someone to talk to?"
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1752 on: May 09, 2011, 01:34:21 PM »
Korius didn't want to admit that she was right, but she was. He released more Ki this time, and sped away from underneath her foot, and seemed to disappear, reappearing behind Soria, and throwing a powerful kick. However, like usual, Soria merely dodged it, but this time wasn't unscathed. A small, thin cut appeared just under her eye, "Not quite anything special, but you're getting there. And you men call us overly cautious and weak. Let's go, let me see what you can do!"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1753 on: May 09, 2011, 03:01:23 PM »
Kiana crossed her arms as she listened to Drevo's excuse for why he had been walking off. "You're going the wrong way..." She said with a smirk. Glancing back at White, she gave him a look to tell him that his help wasn't necessary. "You can go ahead and go back inside and eat. I'm sure your hungry, you always are." She said with a halfhearted chuckle. "I'll accompany Drevo wherever he's going and make sure he doesn't try to run off." After that, she walked at a quickened pace and caught up with Drevo, walking beside him casually.

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1754 on: May 09, 2011, 07:15:11 PM »
"Aww man I wanted to try out my new pebble too...Hey I'm not always hungry! Just... most of the time." *He walked away with a disappointment that could have amounted to a small dark cloud floating over his head* "Well that was without adventure, I still want to at least... hit him... maybe a couple times. Damn that ninja." *He returned to the inn seeing Kitt talking with Talin and again thinking back to his conscience* "Yeah I'm going to just avoid this situation and do as Kiana suggested, I am actually hungry." *He walked into the bar area, asking for some steak and sat down remaining silent*