The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128798 times)

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1755 on: May 10, 2011, 02:03:21 AM »
Talin wiped the tears away as Kitt talked to him, and looked up with bleary eyes. "Do you know someone who just got news that their wife died only a week after marrige? That they couldn't do anything to stop it?!" He was visibly angry by that time, but went back to being depressed as he took a drawn-out sigh. "I just need to grieve until we're ready to go, I'll be fine..."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1756 on: May 10, 2011, 02:29:00 AM »
Drevo continued to walk, even when Kiana had begun to tag along. "You know I could be going to see a lady. Are you going to watch me should I do something?" he said somewhat deviously. He was joking but it wasn't very apparent. He remained silent as they approached an alley that they had to go through to get to the smithy where he was going. As they got into it a few steps Drevo slid in front of Kiana, putting his hand onto the wall to make her stop. "Why?" He asked straight out. He was very close to her at this point, only under a foot between their faces. His face was somewhat angry, or stern. Looking her in the eyes he awaited a response.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1757 on: May 10, 2011, 01:38:53 PM »
Kitt scratched his neck awkwardly and nodded "Oh- Okay..."

He walked back over to the bar, glancing back over his shoulder at Talin once more before he sat down beside White "Hey mister 'I got the last diamond in the world'." He grinned foolishly, sitting backwards on the barstool and leaning on the table with his feet up on the next stool along "All this bad news is getting the group down... Not you or me though, eh? Only good news for us..."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1758 on: May 10, 2011, 03:44:00 PM »
The day wore on as Korius continued his training. However, he had quite a few more broken ribs after having released dark Ki a few times again. By high noon, Korius passed out from exhaustion. Soria scoffed and sat on one of the stumps created from their training. She tossed a deerskin canteen next to Korius' face, water dripping from it. "5 minutes. You may be able to live without food, but you'll need water to maintain your strength. Your friends have taken the news and items. I'm sure it'll help them get stronger and faster. Unlike you, they're not bound by Ki, so their anger can be their strength, so long as they can keep their wits about them."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1759 on: May 10, 2011, 06:36:25 PM »
Kiana continued to walk along with Drevo, not bothered by his comment. "The only woman I think you'd be meeting is one that's not in this town, so I see no issues." She responded as she glanced over at Drevo and looked forward again. When they entered the alley and Drevo moved in front of her blocking her way, she was caught off guard and her face actually showed a little bit of surprise. "Why, what?" She asked at she looked at him with confusion. "Why am I following you? 'Cause you know the answer to that is so you don't try to run off." She had no idea what he was getting at and why she needed to be cut off in an alley to be asked about whatever it was.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1760 on: May 10, 2011, 09:27:45 PM »
*The wolf's hair stood up when he recognized Kitt's footsteps and he sat next to him inquiring about the diamond* "Well to be honest I thought there were a lot of diamonds left in the world, but apparently those passerby stones were either crystals or fake diamonds, probably mislead purchases... In good news who knows, I don't really know if this diamond is cursed nor blessed, I only got one item with little explanation." *The wolf gripped on the diamond in his left hand thinking to himself* "I can't just let Kitt live this lie forever, I will at least make a point about some regretable possibility of bad news." *He looked up to face Kitt without looking away* "Have you ever considered it strange that a lot of people you come across have met your mother or have some sort of item of her's and yet nobody is really willing to talk about her or where she might be?" Like Soria had your mother's map, why would she have that unless your mother had stopped traveling... perhaps entirely?"
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1761 on: May 11, 2011, 01:16:04 AM »
Talin eventually got off the floor, and walked out of the inn. He got up on a stone fence and put his elbows on his thighs as he meditated in his own special way. In this state, he proceded to lock up every memory of Elistra that kept him from thinking straight. However, each time he locked up a memory, the lock would break and the emotion would return stronger than before. Are you really that weak, boy? If by weak as in trying to avoid becoming a man driven mad with depression, then yes... I'm very weak. Yea, I can see how that's working out. Don't talk like you have a better idea, its your fault that we became viewed as 'Cursed'. Hey, I at least had one kid before getting killed. How is that supporting your argument at all?

How is this going to help your 'issue' with grief? Talin couldn't answer him, and simply left his meditation, letting out a sigh as his shoulders were now at level with his knees.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1762 on: May 11, 2011, 01:58:31 AM »
When Kiana had answered Drevo he paused for a moment, the look still not leaving him. He suddenly put both his arms around her against the wall, with her in between. Again his face was dangerously close to hers, so close it would look like he was going to kiss her. "Why Korius?! You clearly like me...It's written all over your face." he said suddenly. A moment of silence and he put his paws to her cheeks and leaned in to kiss her on the lips. A short kiss later he pulled away. "Run away with me. Come with me and leave the others. We could find a place in the mountains somewhere. Away from all of this. Just you and me." he said quickly and sincerely.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1763 on: May 11, 2011, 09:45:14 AM »
Kitt frowned "Strange? Not really, she was captured, a prisoner... My father said it himself. He said we would find her, that every day we traveled took us closer to finding her." He pulled out the map in question, along with the mangled Szarda crest. On top of the items he dropped the necklace that still hung around his neck, the crest of the Esha clan resplendent and shining. He stared at them with a deep longing, as if willing it so deeply that his heart ached could bring her back. His gaze paused over the crest, the blood-tarnished steel still rusted red.

He stopped, breath caught in his throat. Suddenly he had understood the implication of White's last comment "What do you mean, stopped travelling... entirely?"

A dark edge had slid its way into his voice, eyes staring into White's "That she's dead? That all this time my father lied to me, that everything I fought for has been in vain?" He drew a hand around his mother's lost items, claws scratching the bar surface. He whispered under his breath, voice low and hoarse "You don't know that..." and then again, louder and with a seething anger "You don't know that!"

A silence dropped over the Inn, barkeeper looking hurriedly around, obviously expecting another chair to be flung his way. Kitt had stood, sword drawn, shining steel point inches from White. He held the blade there for a moment, breathing heavy and ragged "Its not true... Your a liar, she's still alive. How dare you lie about that!" And just as quickly as he drew the sword, Kitt turned and pushed his way towards the door of the Inn.

As it slammed shut behind him Kitt look up at the overcast sky, a few light drops of rain already pattering down around him. He clenched his fist around the necklace, hand trembling, and then pulled up the hood of his cloak as he walked away from the tavern...

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1764 on: May 11, 2011, 03:31:58 PM »
The day wore on for everyone, the late afternoon sky glowed a bloody red, even the moon started rising over the horizon with a red glow. Korius laid motionless on the ground, coughing up blood from a punctured lung as more usage of dark Ki had forced a couple ribs into his left lung. Soria sat on a branch, looking up at the sky and surveying the surrounding area. "This is truly the darkest time that we've all come to see in all of Gaia. When something more destructive and evil than the Dark One himself reigns over the lands. Lady Koara's prophecy is near fruition, but it seems that there's a chance that it might not come to pass. Without you or that Voronese drunkard, there may not be another to replace Clare. If that is so, then Gaia will truly become filled with death and sorrow for all eternity."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1765 on: May 12, 2011, 02:23:37 AM »
"What are you--" Kiana had started when Drevo had made it so she had to put her back to the wall, but was cut off by him speaking his true question. A puzzled look moved onto her face as he asked why Korius and stated that her liking him was written all over her face. Her confusion was enough for her not to be able to respond before Drevo put his hands on her cheeks and kissed her. She was shocked once again by someone kissing her and her stomach seemed like it had jumped into her throat. She only had time to think "Again?" before the short kiss was over. Shaking her head slightly afterward, she surprisingly gave Drevo the chance to finish saying what he wanted to say without attacking him or anything. When he was done, she finally raised her left hand and knocked both of his arms away with it. "You have got to be kidding me..." She said as she looked at him, her expression toned down but still somewhat baffled. "Are you crazy?!" She looked into his eyes like she could determine whether he was crazy or not that way. Turning slightly so she was facing the direction they had been walking, she thought for a moment. "One, I don't know what you're singing written all over my face but it's not romantic feelings for you. Two, don't do that again or you just might get hurt. You're lucky that didn't happen this time. And three, that question is just..." She shook her head instead of using any words. After that, she started to walk in the direction they had been going again, hoping he would drop it.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1766 on: May 12, 2011, 05:39:39 AM »
*The wolf's expression was hidden under the shade of his cloak hood in the bar as he nibbled away at his steak* "I'd rather be the one to tell him over anybody else, since many other people are pretty unmerciful with cruel information. I think advising to that conclusion over telling it still keeps the promise I have made and is the right thing to do... even if it is disheartening to my fellow companion." *He downed a glass of water that was in front of him quickly* "I hope you can find it in you to forgive my thoughts Kitt." *He pushed his empty plate forward on the counter and left a tip next to it. The wolf said nothing as he too exited the tavern and walked out onto the streets*
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 04:24:30 PM by White Wolf Guardian »
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1767 on: May 13, 2011, 12:19:11 AM »
Talin listened to the forest that was only a spear throw's distance away, then focused on the yelling coming from the Tavern. He could tell it was Kitt, mostly because the voice was young and he was screaming something about his mother dying being a lie. He waited for Kitt to leave the tavern, then got off the fence and advanced towards him. "Care to tell me about the noise you made in the tavern?"

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1768 on: May 13, 2011, 01:23:57 AM »
Drevo scoffed lightly when Kiana refused his offer. When she walked ahead of him he went with her from behind. "I knew that would get you." he said. Before she could do much he reached around her from behind, placing his arms around her neck. He held tightly, squeezing enough to choke her. He had put her in a sleeper hold, despite her struggling he kept his grip until she began to fall limp. "It's okay...Don't fight it...It'll all be over soon..." he whispered into her ear. Drevo lowered her gently to the ground as she was now unconscious.  At this point he felt the rain coming down. He sighed and reached down to pick her up. "Can't leave her in the rain..." he said hoisting her over his shoulder. He carried her to the smithy after that and set her down. The smith there questioned Drevo. "She got a little too drunk. She's a lightweight and couldn't handle what she said she could. Women, ya know?" he said to the bear. The bear shrugged and went to retrieve Drevo's things, assuming that's what he was here for. A moment later coming back out with his bow staff and bag of supplies. Drevo took them both and paid the second half of what the service had cost. "...What do you want me to do with her?" asked the bear as they exchanged payment and goods, motioning to Kiana as she was sat up against the wall. "...She will wake up soon enough...Don't touch her. You'll regret it." Drevo replied before leaving. The rain pattered against his hat as he walked towards the exit of town. Upon reaching it he stood there. He looked at the road that led off into the horizon. "I can go now..." he thought before turning to look behind him. "I can go...My plan worked. I took care of Kiana...Yet...maaaan...Am I feeling guilty? Ugh...I can go! But...Korius won't be there...Pssh...Who cares?! Jerk...I don't...God damn it...Talin would be the only fighter if I left...Having to defend everyone else...Ugh........The plan was fool proof. I even pulled it off. Why can't I-......I have to protect them too..." Drevo looked back at the road just standing there now.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1769 on: May 13, 2011, 10:44:32 AM »
Tears rolled down Kitt's cheeks as he walked away from the tavern. Hood pulled low against the light rain he kept one hand tight around the pommel of his sword. He glanced up as Talin advanced towards him and hastily wiped away the tears, even as more welled up in his amber eyes "Its nothing..." he clenched the necklace in his fist, knuckles white as he held it so tight that the metal chain almost drew blood.

"Everything I've been working for... Everything my father was working for.... Everything that kept me going, made it so that I could carry on each day... He kept his head down, hood obscuring his expression as his fist started to shake "Everything... It was all in vain!" With a shout he viciously threw the necklace down into the mud and then ran. Tears obscured his vision, feet pounding and splashing through the mud that was already forming from the rain.

He didnt care what Talin thought, he didnt care about the necklace, or the prophecy or anything. All he wanted was to prove that White was lying, that it was all untrue. That his mother was still alive and that everything would be over once they where together. Tears still flowed down his cheeks as he ran down a dark alley and tripped, sent sprawling in the mud at the feet of an old and hunched over wolf-kin...