The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128804 times)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1785 on: May 18, 2011, 08:52:05 AM »
Tears ran down Kitt's cheeks, but this time they were not tears of anger. He scrabbled through the mud, desperately searching for the fine silver chain of the necklace as the rain beat down around him. He sobbed "Stupid... Stupid! Why did I throw them?" and then quite suddenly his finger caught on something metal and he heaved a great sob of relief.

With shaking hands he wiped the necklace clean, eyes still brimming with tears. He sighed and clenched it tight in his fist "I wont lose you again, not so long as I am alive and fighting..." Hands  still shaking, he hung the Esha necklace around his neck by its delicate silver chain.

Kitt remained standing, hand clenching the crest tight until the metal became warm from his touch "The old man was  right I suppose... There is no point in living an easy life, and my parents did bring me up better than this." He looked up into the sky and the rain mixed with his tears as he walked back towards the Inn.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 10:33:32 PM by Kitt (Santa Claws) »
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1786 on: May 18, 2011, 02:48:58 PM »
Elistro climbed the exterior stairs up the tallest tower of Kyzen's palace. When he reached the top, he knelt and bowed, "You have summoned me, master?" The rabbit lord did not turn around, but he did unfold his arms, his black and purple cape flapping violently in the wind. "Yes. How is the progress of Koara's little pawns?" Elistro kept his head down, "The children of prophecy have taken rest not too far north of the rebel town. As for the rebel ninjas themselves, I sent the remainder of Lazaryos' men into the town to assault them. When we saw them slaughtered, I used the scroll that you gave me, and incinerated them. But there was a small complication..." Kyzen turned his head slightly with a scrutinizing eye, "Soria Xing?" Elistro hesitated before speaking, "Yes, sir. Because of her interference, the only thing we managed to kill was just the village. My men and I weren't able to recover even the faintest hint of a single body. We did our best to trace them, but we lost them completely after 2 kilometres out." Kyzen nodded and sighed as he stared out to the land again, "Yes. However, I guess it is to be expected. She IS, after all, the last remaining Ki master. She doesn't have the Ki level to fight us, but her abilities and skills are enough to fight a single Guardian to a standstill. However, this wasn't something we haven't foreseen, but we must prevent her from reaching Korius. That child has a level that far surpasses her's. If she were to help him master his abilities, we might have something to worry about if they reach us before the plan comes to fruition. You must stop them by any means necessary. Dismissed." "Sir."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1787 on: May 18, 2011, 03:25:25 PM »
"Guess I accidentally tapped into the power of my emerald since I was too pissed to pay attention." Kiana responded to White's question about what happened with a shrug like it was nothing to be concerned about. "He'll be fine." She said to White after Drevo walked off toward the inn. "You might want to wipe that off you face." After that, she headed toward the inn as well. It wasn't like she had anything to do and she was procrastinating living the town.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1788 on: May 18, 2011, 07:16:29 PM »
*The wolf looked dumbfounded as the mud slapped into his face and wasn't sure how to react for a few seconds, but soon after hearing a response from Drevo as it was meant to be childish more than jokingly his face turned furious with a hint of red* "That's it wolf, Kiana is the least of your worries now, you're mine. You're right Kiana, I should get this off my face. By beating it into HIS face!" *He created a shield that trapped Drevo before he could go any further towards the inn and made a running start behind him with his fist clenched and his spell binding at the ready* "That's no way to greet help, but here's MY help ninja!" *His fist met with the shield, but continued to go through as it was only made for his two-way access*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1789 on: May 19, 2011, 01:43:49 AM »
Talin left his unfocused stare as he caught glimpses of Drevo, Kiana, and Kitt heading towards the inn. He got off the fence and approached the group with a smile, then stopped and saw White capturing Drevo and make the effort to inflict pain. "One moment..." he said, even though Kiana made no move to speak, as he walked past her and went straight for the white mage and knight. "White, the more you hurt him, the more you'll have to fix in the future."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1790 on: May 19, 2011, 01:56:14 AM »
Drevo expected some form of retaliation from White, but didn't expect him to trap him in a barrier. He took the hit from behind without flinching. "Did I do something to upset you, White? You seem worked up. I've apologized for having to receive help from you...I'm not sure what could be wrong. Was it getting you drunk? Or something else perhaps?" he questioned in a tone that sounded as if he were trying to get a rise out of him. The hit clearly didn't hurt as much as White had intended.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1791 on: May 19, 2011, 09:07:44 AM »
Kitt walked into the Inn, tracking muddy water across the floor as he walked through the now rather empty bar area. He sat down at the bar, still with his hood up, and rubbed his eyes wearily. The barkeeper walked over with a bowl of meat stew and set it down in front of him "You with the group who paid upfront kid?"

Kitt nodded and attempted a grin "Yeah, thanks..."

The barkeeper grunted and pointed down the bar "And I'm guessing that is your bird..." At the end of the bar Evellyn sat watching Kitt with her beady amber eyes. Kitt nodded again and held out a gloved hand, waiting for a moment as the falcon fluttered over and landed. The bird turned away from Kitt, holding her head high and clicking her beak.

He sighed, stroking her wing softly "Yeah, I shouldnt have left you like that... I was being childish." The falcon turned to look at him and clicked her beak before shuffling closer, tucking her head under her wing as Kitt ate his stew silently...

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1792 on: May 20, 2011, 01:21:39 AM »
Kiana couldn't help but be surprised by the retaliation from what, so much so that she didn't react at first. It was the hit landing on Drevo that made her pay attention again and she briskly moved toward White from behind, switching her staff into her left hand and moving past Talin whose words didn't seem like they would help the situation. "Hey, wait a minute! I thought I was the one who was supposed to act on emotion without thinking or caring!" She exclaimed as she grabbed a hold of White's collar from behind and pulled him back so he stood beside her, keeping a firm grip on his collar. "And you're not helping!" She snapped at Drevo, pointing her staff at him.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1793 on: May 20, 2011, 08:11:14 AM »
"Oh come on! You hardly ever fight on emotions, you've held up the neutral exterior for a very long time. Which is highly respectable, not everyone can do that. I never have any idea what you're thinking, now please let me go I have unfinished business with this jerk!" *The wolf glared at Drevo upon the wolf's assertions* "YOU kept me prisoner on some forsaken roof all day yesterday and being drunk was of no help whatsoever and so I tried to steal your drink so maybe you would get off your ass and perhaps be more encouraged to do something productive. I think saving you from certain death many times with majicka would have been easy enough credit to cash in for at least ONE favor. I've had enough of being stepped on by you and everyone else that I come across, you're gonna get it this time from the one who never pushes back. And I'm pushing back, literally!" *The wolf dissipated the other shields while Kiana gripped his collar and created another shield the size of a small room wall* "Take this!" *The shield came forward at a fast speed, the healer sweating at his brow*

"It's not even physical, the only thing it will feel like is a small hurricane blowing past him, the point of this isn't to hurt him, but to make him feel the edge of blade. If I really wanted to cause some damage, I could easily reverse the abilities I do when healing, making a nightmare for anyone that gets in my way. They might have underestimated me before, but after reading enough of those books. I can only keep showing that white majicka is something to be reckoned with."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1794 on: May 21, 2011, 08:59:14 PM »
Talin sighed as White continued to voice his issues on Drevo. The moment the second barrier came up, Talin was tightening his hands into fists. As the barrier came close, Talin did the one thing that he knew would throw any man's focus off: a swift kick to the groin area. It wasn't even something that could be noticed unless someone practiced some from of unarmed combat, he kept looking at the barrier as his leg went up, then his head snapped back and the leg connected with its intended area.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1795 on: May 21, 2011, 10:04:36 PM »
Drevo held his hat with one hand and clenched his bowstaff and bag in the other. It took a lot to not draw the blade of his weapon when he walked up to White. "Well excuuuse me for saving your life! When I was running from thugs I told you to run! Not follow me! But guess what? You did. When we were surrounded I took you to safety on the roofs. I'm a jerk?! For what?! Saving you from harm?! Sure! I got you a little drunk. God knows you could use a little relaxation, and hell, I thought I'd be nice and share my sake with you. But nooo, I'm a jerk! I'm sorry I saved you, and for trying to get you to relax a little. Last time I do that again!" he said. He was pretty upset, storming off after he finished ranting.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1796 on: May 22, 2011, 11:41:09 AM »
The barkeeper glanced over at Kitt, wiping down the bar with a wet cloth and whistling under his breath. The Inn was rather quiet, with only a few patrons left eating or drinking, and the barkeeper liked it that way. As he passed Kitt the barkeep watched as the young feline finished the last of his stew and said "You good there young man?"

Kitt merely nodded, feeding a few scraps of meat from the stew to Evelyn. The barkeep took the bowl away but returned a moment later "So... You're with that group. Seems kind of dangerous for a young 'un like you..."

Again Kitt didnt say anything and just shrugged. The barkeep frowned and returned to cleaning the bar "Are your parents with that group?"

At this Kitt froze, strip of meat held out for Evelyn in mid-air. The falcon watched the meat tantalizingly and, when Kitt still held the meat without giving it to her, clicked her beak and snapped it up from his hand. Kitt shook his head slightly, glancing down at the bird distractedly before saying "No. My parents are both dead..."

The barkeep grimaced and finished cleaning "Oh. Sorry about that." Kitt shook his head and looked up to meet the barkeep in the eyes before saying "Don't be. I'm still alive after all, and I've got the next best thing to a real family..."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1797 on: May 22, 2011, 11:35:38 PM »
Kiana listened to White's words, focusing more on the words about her than the rest of the speech about what Drevo did, and it irritated her a bit. She saw Talin's foot moving toward White's groin and quickly yanked him away, trying to make his foot miss his target. After that, she listened to Drevo vent out what he needed to say and let him get it out since she figured the results would be much worse if he didn't. After he stormed off, Kiana turned White to face her, a scowl on her face. "That's right, you don't know what I'm thinking." She said, bringing up what he had said about her. "Which means you don't know how many times I've acted on my emotions. You have no idea what goes on in my head so you have no right to judge me." She didn't use a snapping tone but it was still obvious that what he had said had bothered her. After that, she released him then walked off. "Drevo! Get to your room and get to bed! We're leaving in the morning!" She yelled after him then went the rest of the distance to the inn and went inside. She spotted Kitt sitting at the bar. "Kitt...you should get to bed. We have to leave tomorrow." She said, looking over at him, then continued on to her room.

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1798 on: May 23, 2011, 12:19:43 AM »
*The wolf fell silent for the few seconds he saw Talin seemingly appear out of nowhere and attempt the kick between his legs, the false shield broke apart before it reached Drevo when his focus was warped. Kiana pulled him away from the kick and he was relieved that he got to stay undamaged* "That... was... a weak... hit Talin." *He thought shakily and then was struck by a seemingly never ending attack from Kiana in response to his thoughts on her fighting style* "...And Kiana you took that the wrong way." *He felt bad about being gruff with the earth mage dropped him and watched Drevo feeling very angry still even after his opinions on his actions he managed one more response even if Drevo did not hear him from afar* "If I had stayed in that alley with those men close behind and saw you talking to me, I could have very easily become their prey if they even thought we were associated. I can't exactly do more than make a few shields you fool, I'm not a warrior. I hardly see keeping me on the roof all day as saving me now for attacking you, obviously my punches will do nothing and ultimately that shield wasn't even real...It would be stupid to hurt allies. There is no time left for relaxation, as we are closing in on the end of this journey and I intend to go through with it, even if it means not coming back." *The wolf got off the ground slowly*

"I care not for what they think of me, I know damn well this entire thing is all business in the end and I'll part ways, probably never seeing any of them again."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1799 on: May 23, 2011, 02:11:27 AM »
Talin didn't say anything after his kick, since it cut off the barrier and managed to get at least half the group back to the inn. Talin walked over to Drevo and slapped him across the back. "Thanks for keeping White alive, even if he does act like a punk. Now if you don't mind me, theres a barstool and a pint of fruit juice with my name on it back at the inn." Talin casually walked back into the inn, not even giving Drevo one glance to see if he was going to run again.