The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128823 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1860 on: July 04, 2011, 07:20:25 PM »
Elistro and his company road out east and headed back to Central to report his job to Kyzen.

Loraine waited angrily still, until not too long after the sun completely went under the horizon, about the time the team was at the outer wall. What the hell? I sensed a large magical presence just now. She shot up from her throne, "Quickly! Get the archers and castle guard to head for the southern wall! Damn that Elistro. What the hell is he doing?" Loraine's personal guard quickly left the hall towards the inner and outer wall, but it would take quite a while, enough time to even allow the group into the inner wall.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1861 on: July 04, 2011, 11:43:01 PM »
"I say we just go with it and take the opening." Kiana said. Without another word, she continued to lead the group toward the castle. She scanned the surrounding area, on the lookout for any movement other than their own group. When her foot hit the ground one time, she used her earth senses for a split second to figure out where the guards were. She continued to run after her quick view. "The Guardian has figured it out. The archers and guards are going to be alerted and will be coming our way. Let's hurry up and at least get inside before they get over here!" She alerted the others as she ran toward the castle.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1862 on: July 05, 2011, 02:25:29 PM »
*The wolf nodded to Kiana and followed, as usual finding it hard to keep up with the other group members* "Well at least this is the correct location, though I do wonder what the hell happened to the defenses..." *As soon as he made it inside the wall of the castle, he stopped and took a moment for a breather* "I can't run to save myself." *White stopped being hunched over and looked around inside* "Now what to do first?" *He then realized how now would be an appropriate time to prepare his shields* "I'd rather not be attacked undefended now." *The white mage began working on his barriers, attaching them to his allies and himself*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1863 on: July 07, 2011, 03:00:59 AM »
Talin followed her rather closely, making a gesture with his head towards the castle walls. He didn't notice that it was much easier to keep up with Kiana than keeping up with someone like Korius, he couldn't even feel any sort of stress in his legs. "Hey, you need me to carry your staff while we climb the walls? No offense or anything, but I don't think pullng out the masonry is going to make a stable staircase."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1864 on: July 07, 2011, 06:38:10 PM »
Kitt ran alongside Kiana, keeping his crossbow slung across his back so that he could keep up. When Kiana warned them about the guards he nodded and quickened his pace "So long as we get there before them, they don't have the advantage once we're in..." His cloak flapped behind him and his hood fell back as they ran, the castle walls looming up over them. He grimaced and dodged aside a thorned bush. It was crunch time, either they defeated this guardian like they had with the others, or die trying...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1865 on: July 07, 2011, 10:20:40 PM »
Loraine's personal guard scattered throughout the northern wall, getting guards and archers to head over to the southern entrances. Several of the archers made it over first, spotting the party coming through. "There they are! Fire!" The first six archers that made it there already started shooting as they ran over. Another fourteen archers were right behind them, and had their bows at the ready.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1866 on: July 08, 2011, 12:00:10 AM »
"We don't need to climb the walls. There's an entrance right over there." Kiana responded to Talin, pointing over to their right at the entrance in the wall. Just then someone yelled and the archers started shooting arrows at the group. Kiana managed to dodge the arrows that came near her but one was so close to the top of her head that she actually felt the breeze from it as it passed over her head. She raised a piece of the wall on both sides of the group of archers then swiftly brought them together in an attempt to crush the archers as she continued on to the entrance.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1867 on: July 08, 2011, 01:59:15 AM »
*The healer freaked out soon after realizing he was almost hit by arrows three times in a row, quickly he started to increase the strength of the shields while running to the entrance that Kiana had pointed out to Talin* "Those barriers were mostly meant for initial attack, so that I would have time to make them stronger, at least now the suspense is over with and we can expect many more attacks, most likely from here on in at close range." *White looked around at the inside of the castle* "This place is huge, bigger than it looks from the outside." *Suddenly the wolf hears a loud tremor of stone smacking against itself coming from outside and the barrage of arrows seems to quiet down* "Kiana's work I would guess, that takes care of one possible problem for now, besides we're inside so long range is probably not too useful."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1868 on: July 08, 2011, 02:18:18 AM »
Talin moved his body around the incoming arrows, until he realized White's barrier made the motions pointless. It feels weird trying to dodge arrows when they hit the barrier anyway. I guess I'm just adjusted to letting the arrows pass and not actually harm. Maybe I should tell White to weaken my barrier so he isn't spending so much of his power... nah, he has that knife, he'll be fine. He suddenly lowered his head and heard the arrow grind against the barrier. "Drevo, after our last fight, this doesn't seem like much, does it?"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1869 on: July 08, 2011, 06:41:26 PM »
Drevo somewhat casually dodged the arrows, somewhat out of instinct. If he could avoid his own barrier from breaking so soon he could save White what ever magic possible. When Talin spoke to him he turn his head to look at him. "Yeah, the last guy was a much better shot. These guys seem amateur in comparison. Either way they get lucky sometimes. If you can dodge them you should, it would save White the trouble of having to replace your barriers." he said.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1870 on: July 08, 2011, 10:32:16 PM »
Kitt grinned as he noticed the pearly sheen of White's shields glimmer ever so slightly. Reaching for his crossbow as he ran Kitt paused just long enough to loose a bolt, rewarded with a scream as a guard who had escaped Kiana's rock-attack collapsed to the ground. Immediately he was on the move again, dodging an arrow sent in his direction as he cranked the crossbow to load another bolt.

Passing White swiftly Kitt grinned in his direction "Nice work on these shields White!" He took in the castle interior as they continued to run, quickly noting that if he kept to one side he would be able to fire down corridors at a diagonal, catching anyone who tried to charge at the group in crossfire. He grinned to himself as he kept close to the right hand wall and readied his crossbow.
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1871 on: July 09, 2011, 12:29:10 AM »
However, the team's spirit was too soon as they entered through the outer gate. More than 80 archers were already lying in wait, bows drawn, and they fired a large volley, seeming like a wall of death flying right at the entrance. The backup archers, numbering at over 100, were climbing the main central tower, preparing to fire off their volley after the main archers' volley so that it can be a continuous wall of arrows.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1872 on: July 09, 2011, 01:50:16 AM »
Kiana pulled up a barrier of rock when she saw the wall of arrows heading their way. Even though White had barriers up, she wasn't sure that they would last for the entirety of an attack like that. Once she believed that it was alright to do so, she tossed the barrier between the group and the attack of arrows at the archers then continued to move, trying to progress while there was an opening for the group.

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1873 on: July 09, 2011, 01:54:40 AM »
*The wolf all of the sudden noticed the arrows coming forth, several tiny dots. A foreground before a background of archers, and more climbing higher to fire upon him and the group again* "Shhhh....!!!" *A massive piece of rock came up and shadowed White and the other group members and he ended his short sentence with a large exhale of empty-worded air* "Even my shields weren't prepared for that as of yet, more like single hitters. That's just insane, a bit overkill much?! In either case, thank you Kiana." *The healer turned back to his work and tried to strengthen the shields further while staying close to Drevo*

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1874 on: July 11, 2011, 03:32:23 AM »
Talin was going to spin his blade like a fan so he could push and deflect all the arrows going at him, but Kiana threw up the barrier as he readied his double volge. He slowly let it down as she continued advancing, then gave chase. Talin brought his blade up high in time to knock away an arrow going to where he was going to be in a second. Took them long enough to use ballistics...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 01:50:38 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »