The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128822 times)

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1875 on: July 11, 2011, 04:48:14 AM »
Drevo figured Kiana would do something against such a large barrage, though he was ready just in case. He followed along near Kiana so she could block the barrages of arrows. He watched Talin take off to kill some of the archers but decided to stay put. He noticed White practically clinging to him so he didn't want to freak him out by running off. "I saw over a hundred of them...Not too bad."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1876 on: July 11, 2011, 04:40:20 PM »
Kitt instinctively ducked as the volley of arrows came whistling down. Opening one eye cautiously he glanced down at himself, somewhat pleased not to have been turned into a living pincushion. Grinning he leaned up against the wall at a gap in the rock. A moment later and a dozen steel-tipped bolts found their mark with dull thunks and the same number of archers crumpled where they stood. Still grinning Kitt ducked away from the gap as twenty or so arrows smashed against the rock around him.
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1877 on: July 12, 2011, 01:28:19 AM »
After reloading, the archers shot another volley, while the commander that was with them observed the enemy. He turned around and yelled orders over to the ones that just came out from the castle doors on top of the main castle tower, "Secondary archers exercise combustion arrows!" The archers at the top of the central tower carried two quivers of arrows, and dropped the deerskin ones, equipping the dragon-scale ones. Each arrow had a small wad of black substance on it, which was harvested and dried nitro. The slightest impact would set them off. The main regiment fired their second wall of arrows, and as that happened, the artillery regiment fired their combustion arrows, which caused many explosions and destroyed portions of Kiana's barrier with each impact.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1878 on: July 12, 2011, 02:11:38 AM »
Kiana threw up another rock barrier when a double volley of arrows came toward the group, one from the archers on the wall and another from the archers on the tower. She grunted when the first combustion arrow hit the barrier and destroyed a portion of it, not having expected it. As more arrows came, she replaced parts of the barrier. "I think you thanked me too early, White! If they have too many more of those arrows, I'm not going to be able to keep this up for very long." She said as she continued to move.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1879 on: July 12, 2011, 04:18:20 AM »
"This means we need someone to attack them from behind..." *The healer turned around to look at Drevo and Talin, narrowing his focus on the two* "I think we have our guys right here, Drevo couldn't you manage to move fast enough to not be hit by any stray arrows while I use an invisibility shield on you like last time on the rooftops? I feel this would at least distract them once you attack them from behind. Talin you should probably go too since that will increase the odds of success and Kitt you should probably stay here so that if any of the archers turn around to fight a flank attack, you could take the opportunity to shoot them if possible. I'll have to stay here with Kiana and when the earthen shields give out, make a large scale shield that will hopefully last for awhile. If Talin and Drevo go invisible without being seen behind this barrier, they will probably think all of us are still back here without suspecting a thing. While it's not guaranteed, you will still have your shields for me for awhile, so getting hit by a few shots probably won't do anything other than make you stagger for a moment till regaining your balance, but don't risk it."
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1880 on: July 13, 2011, 05:29:20 PM »
Talin ducked as fragments of the barrier almost hit his head, then focused his attention on White as he spoke. "Well, that plan would work until they noticed their ranks thining by the second. How about this addition: Once we go up there, we make enough noise to distract the majority of them. Drevo and I can handle the arrows once we're on level with the archers. The rest of you get inside during the distraction, and we'll join you shortly after."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1881 on: July 13, 2011, 09:46:05 PM »
Drevo winced when the barrier broke up a bit when the explosions came. "Damn, they're using combustion arrows." When White spoke he listened to his plan, nodding when he finished. "Sounds like a plan, you sure you can handle two people being invisible? I'd rather not have it come off in the middle of it all. Think you can estimate how long it would last?" he asked. He wanted to know more before he decided to go along with it.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1882 on: July 14, 2011, 02:23:41 PM »
Kitt glanced across at White, wincing as another explosion threw debris over him from Kiana's wall. He grinned "Sounds like the best plan we got." The grin slipped slightly as another combustion arrow hit the wall with a loud bang and shards of rock rained down on them again. Everywhere arrows skittered off flagstones and rock, almost sounding like a very heavy rainfall.

"I'll keep 'em distracted while you get on with that White!" Kitt leaned up against the wall and fired again, aiming his shots carefully as he couldn't rely on sheer volume of arrows to kill the archers. He switched to another section of the rock wall, satisfied as an archer fell from the tower above with a scream all the way to the ground below.

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1883 on: July 14, 2011, 05:34:45 PM »
Many of Kitt's normal bolts did not hit their marks, though, mainly because of the distance. The wind created by the funneling walls deterred many of his shots, though he did manage to kill 7 of them, and cause the others to hide, but it wasn't enough to slow them down, just distract a few of them. The ones in the main tower continued their barrage, timing it perfectly enough to keep the group under pressure.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1884 on: July 14, 2011, 11:13:50 PM »
"If you guys want to try it, go right ahead. Just don't expect me to be right there to protect you if you screw up." Kiana said as she continued to dodge around as she headed for the north side of the castle. "Wish I could just collapse this whole place, but that's just too easy..." She thought as she fixed her barrier then she realized something. "I wonder if tunneling would work or if they would still get us somehow."

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1885 on: July 14, 2011, 11:23:39 PM »
"Alright, then let's do this quickly. Kiana probably doesn't have a whole lot of time left, and I need to be preparing for the moment the shield does collapse, so stay still." *The healer focused his attention on Drevo and Talin and made the invisibility shields with a little bit of difficulty* "I have never done two at once as Drevo has said, because both of you will probably be moving at different speeds, so the shields must be separate. You probably only have about 15 minutes before this will wear off, go quickly and make haste. As Talin said, you're only going to distract them long enough for us to proceed beyond the archer targeting range." *White waved the two invisible party members off and focused his attention on Kiana* "How much longer do you think you'll last before the barrier gives out?" *The wolf also occasionally glanced at Kitt who was now fighting explosive arrows and the archers above* "Hopefully he doesn't get overconfident and get shot, I can't heal him, keep two people invisible and protect all three of us at once."
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1886 on: July 15, 2011, 08:17:23 PM »
Talin went parallel to the inner wall, re-thinking his 'climb' as the walls seemed to have all the possible grips filled with mortar. He kept thinking it over, slowly leaning towards giving up until he noticed a door by one of the corners of the wall. "Drevo, I see a door at the end of this corner. Lets see if it gets us up to the walls, or even better, lead us right to the guardian!"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1887 on: July 15, 2011, 08:55:25 PM »
Drevo went along with Talin and when he spotted the door he noticed it, too. "We should stick to distracting the archers for now. Let the others get to safety before we join them." The two made it to the door and he took a look around. "We could probably cut through it without making too much noise. Then we could get this over with..." he said. "Being one of air affinity this should be simple to cut through."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1888 on: July 16, 2011, 03:38:54 PM »
Kitt grinned at White as he ducked from another volley of arrows "All I gotta do is keep their fire away from where they are going. No offence meant to your shields White, but we need to give 'em the best chance they can have." He fired off another return volley, grimacing as he watched more than half of the bolts strike off stone or go wildly over the wall. Only three or so guards fell to the ground and he frowned "Both Lo and my father would have scorned that accuracy. Though it is a very long shot from here..."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1889 on: July 16, 2011, 07:58:56 PM »
The hail of arrows continued to barrage, and Kiana's earth shield had dwindled down to almost nothing now. Luckily, since the group had been advancing fairly well, the buildings were starting to get large enough to provide miniscule cover. However, the inner wall archers' arrows are still accurate and powerful, due to their longbows' tension, many of the arrows piercing through the buildings. The bombardment arrows, however, were the most dangerous. Despite the cover, the houses weren't as rugged as a rock wall. Some of the buildings crumbled from the impact of the combustion arrows, becoming falling debris on White, Kiana and Kitt.