The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128833 times)

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1920 on: July 27, 2011, 04:33:26 PM »
Drevo caught up to the others and listened to what they had to say. When Talin stopped Kiana from going inside, mentioning the possibility of archers he agreed with him. "He has a point, there could be a trap set up. It could be suicide going in there, but I don't see any other choice..." he said. "Save for scaling the building..." he added in. He stood back and made sure no one was going to hit them from behind.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1921 on: July 27, 2011, 06:13:07 PM »
Kitt reloaded his crossbow, slotting a few bolts into the rack to replace those he had just fired. He glanced up at White and nodded but said nothing. Watching as Talin pulled Kiana back he frowned and followed Drevo, ranging the sights of his crossbow over their flanks and read just in case. He kept one ear out to listen to what Kiana and Talin where saying though, wondering what the plan would be when it was such an obvious trap...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1922 on: July 27, 2011, 06:48:29 PM »
The archers drew their bows and pulled their arrows to full tension, waiting for the party to break through the front door. Loraine sat on her throne in an almost meditative state, keeping 15 of her best archers in the throne room with her, pointing their bows and arrows at the door into the chamber. She then opened her eyes, having been monitoring activity just outside the castle, "They're here."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1923 on: July 28, 2011, 12:50:28 AM »
Kiana pulled her arm out of Talin's grip but still stopped and listened to him, becoming annoyed since he pretty much said what she had already said along with Drevo mentioning the possible trap she had warned them about. "I just said that." She said, restraining herself the best she could from snapping at them. "This is the way in, so this is how we're going in. That's how I see it." She then remembered that she could use her 'earth sight' to check out what was waiting for them. Zoning out for a second, she then came back with a shake of her head. "And I can't see in there, so the place must be made of some other material..." She directed her eyes at the door that led into the castle through the north gate, wondering what to do. She would probably pull together a shield before going in, but she had no idea how that would work out or how long it might last.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1924 on: July 28, 2011, 01:54:05 AM »
"I have to agree with Drevo and Talin on this one at least in hesitation, especially now that you can't even see beyond this entrance. This would be the perfect opportunity for a quick strike to be made as soon as we walk through that door from the enemy. I wish we had some sort of illusion ability to make a copy of one of our group and just send the doppelganger inside to test the ground. Though at best we should probably carry some sort of really good shield. Invisibility probably won't work this time since they know we're coming this way and I'd hate to see the failed result. I really don't see any good way of approaching this situation as my shields won't last against more than a few combustion arrows in any case. I don't have any particular ideas this time unfortunately."
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1925 on: July 28, 2011, 02:43:16 AM »
Talin pinched the bridge of his snout as a method of keeping himself from yelling. "Remember the tower Drevo and I climbed to reach those walls? I was thinking that there should be others along the other walls that had not crumbled. If those archers are already inside, then that means there are multiple entrances into the castle. Otherwise, we would have seen archer piling out of the towers and heading right for this gate. My suggestion is for us to use those passages as either a way to avoid confrontation, or to finally get the drop on these guards." Talin looked at everyone else, and raised a brow. "Am I really the only one who noticed how quickly the archers left?"
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 02:57:24 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1926 on: July 28, 2011, 02:52:14 PM »
Indeed, Talin was right, but those entrances were sealed off the second the archers got into the castle. Unlike prior soldiers, these were more highly trained, and higher in number. Unlike many, whom only had elites and only did half-assed training for the rest, Loraine believed in fully training every last one of her soldiers to be elites, and all her soldiers shared the same mindset.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1927 on: July 28, 2011, 04:10:58 PM »
Drevo scratched his ear before folding his arms. "Those doors are probably closed off by doors. And since they saw us getting through one of their doors, I wouldn't put it passed them to have barricaded them to no end." he said, turning back towards the others. "Maybe Kiana can just drag a bunch of stone into the castle through this door and we can use it as cover. If we stick to one side that would surely reduce the fire on us, hopefully long enough for us to do something. I'm just throwing things out there."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1928 on: July 28, 2011, 09:14:56 PM »
Kitt glanced over at Drevo, then over at Kiana and shrugged "Could you do that Kiana? Even if the walls inside the castle are impermeable to your abilities, you could bring in regular earth from out here." He grinned and pulled up his hood as he stood at the sideline, waiting to see what she would say. There wasn't anything else he could except wait and see whether Kiana would be able to do what they asked.
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1929 on: August 06, 2011, 02:27:58 AM »
Kiana was growing very frustrated, very fast. It was no wonder Korius was in such a bad mood all the time while leading the group. "Yes." She snapped a little. "I did see how fast they left...on the inside of the wall." She placed her left hand on the door then took a deep breath and exhaled to calm herself some. "The issue is that we don't know if they're right on the other side of this door, which I would guess that they are since then they'd only have to focus all their efforts at one point that way." She pulled her hand away from the door. "I could bring in a stone barrier with us, yes, but I don't know how long it will last." She closed her eyes and let out a sigh before opening them again. "Well...lets get this over with." She said as she pulled up a wall of stone that was twice as tall as their tallest member and wrapped it around the group in a circle, though she would adjust the form when they went through the door.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1930 on: August 06, 2011, 03:25:56 AM »
Talin kept his mouth shut, his idea shot through with holes that only a cold reality could provide. He pulled his hood up so that his white hair wouldn't give the location of his head away. Once again, we're going into an enemy stronghold with only the luck of improvisation to save us from completely annihilation. Sometimes I wonder why we even plan ahead when we just scrap it five minutes later...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1931 on: August 09, 2011, 09:54:02 PM »
As soon as the party entered through the doors, the top floor archers let their volley fire off first, and as they reloaded, the bottom half of archers fired off their volley. However, at such close quarters within the confines of the castle, there was a 1.5 second delay between volleys. The lack of castle-wall ramparts and less room where they were standing, reload times took longer.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1932 on: August 09, 2011, 11:42:44 PM »
Drevo followed along silently, a little glad that his idea was used. "I hate archers...Sure a few are easy but THIS many is annoying...Should have just sneaked all the way to the guardian myself, saved us all the trouble." he thought to himself. He deflected a few arrows that managed to slip through the cracks of Kiana's barrier from time to time. As he did he tried to spot a way to get up to the archers.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1933 on: August 10, 2011, 03:07:01 PM »
Loraine watched in dismay from her chambers, using her Ki, as the party forged through the archers' defense. Her fury built as she stood up and concentrated her Ki into her left hand and used a force palm, releasing the Ki, which knocked the double doors off their hinges and collided with Kiana's shield, chipping off a good portion from the front, and her elite archers in her chambers aimed and fired at the party.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1934 on: August 10, 2011, 03:39:57 PM »
Kiana reshaped the wall once the arrows started flying so that the extra height of it had become a dome over the group so that the arrows couldn't just fly over the wall and get them that easily. When a portion of the front of her shield was taken out, she quickly turned the shield so that the opening was at the back. In the motion, a couple arrows had started to come through the opening but had been knocked away by the rotation.