The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128835 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1935 on: August 10, 2011, 04:10:23 PM »
Loraine stomped the ground, her Ki concentrated into it, and it sent a shockwave through the ground, tearing it up as it traveled forward towards the group, and destroyed the earth barrier shield. The archers from all levels let loose all their arrows. There was no where to run, and no time to block. However, a large portion of the castle above the entrance burst open, the debris knocking away all the arrows. As that happened, Loraine sent three Ki-infused punches, throwing three giant fists to destroy the debris and at the figure from behind it. The figure glowed red a little and destroyed the attacks, landing in front of the party, eyes glowing bright red. It was Korius.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1936 on: August 10, 2011, 06:18:16 PM »
Talin tried to guard against the ki attacks, or at least take the hits so that the less resilient would be unharmed. He noticed that the attacks had not connected, and that someone else just arrived to the fight. Talin opened his eyes and smirked as their 'leader' was once again in action. "You have a lot of nerve showing up in such an awesome fashion, better have learned some new tricks with all the time you spent away." Talin broke off to the right, hoping that hugging the wall would keep the combustion arrows from being fired at him while he knocked the regular ones aside.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1937 on: August 10, 2011, 07:59:33 PM »
Korius smirked, "It's only been a few days. You'll live. Just take care of the archers. I have a little personal vendetta with this one. Think you can handle it?" Loraine hissed as she dug her feet into the ground and sent forth a large Ki-infused double palm towards them. Korius took a stance, bending his knees slightly and crossing his arms, his body facing left. He glowed slightly just before the Ki blasts reached him, and he almost seemed to dispel it with a backhanded fist. However, it seemed like a gentle breeze, rather than the destructive chaos that usually ensues with all of Korius' Ki attacks.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1938 on: August 10, 2011, 08:12:55 PM »
Kitt punched the air in childish joy, whooping "Heya, think your so big now eh bravas? Ready to fight now eh bravas!" He dodged aside Korius and knelt down, bringing his crossbow up to his shoulder, then let loose a quick volley of bolts at the archers.

Now with the wind from outside gone and the distance shortened his crossbow came into its prime, bolts punching through mail and armor with screams from the men following them. He grinned, dodging aside arrows with abandonment, all care for safety gone as he ducked and ran in a zigzagging pattern across the rubble-strewn floor.
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1939 on: August 10, 2011, 08:20:08 PM »
The bolts hit one of the targets. Even though reload times were hindered, the archers were still some of the most elite in Celestia. Korius quickly grabbed Kitt and threw him back at the party as he pushed off the ground to meet the attacking Loraine, "I'll leave the kid in your care!" He turned his full attention to Loraine as their fists met, causing a large shockwave to expand the immediate area. The archers turned their attention to the party and unleashed a large wall volley of arrows, while the archers in the chambers fired right at the two fighters. Loraine sent a barrage of blows, all blocked by Korius, who seemed to be on the defense right off the bat, and feinted a few steps, almost disappearing. Korius' hands glowed and he clapped them together, causing shockwave to stop the arrows in mid-air.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1940 on: August 11, 2011, 05:26:57 PM »
When Kiana's barrier was completely gone he grumbled. He tensed up when the arrows came at them all. "Well, that didn't last long..." he said. Suddenly Korius showed up to save the day. "Well look what the cat dragged in..." he said lowly. When he went off to play with Loraine the next volley of arrows came. He was ready to deflect as many as he could when Korius blew them all away. He looked around to see if there was any way up to the archers but there wasn't any easy way to them. The best idea was to cover Kiana and Kitt while they took care of the archers. He figured they knew that so he didn't feel it was necessary to say anything about it.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1941 on: August 11, 2011, 06:20:31 PM »
Loraine seemed to reappear right behind Korius right as he stopped the arrows. He quickly ducked down forward, barely dodging a reverse roundhouse infused with Ki, and responded in kind with his own. Loraine quickly blocked with a left forearm, bursting with her own Ki to nullify the damage transfer. The impact of the block let out a small wind, not really a shockwave, also not a normal attack from Korius.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1942 on: August 11, 2011, 08:27:52 PM »
Kiana hadn't expected her barrier to be destroyed so quickly but she had also known that it wasn't going to last long in the first place so she partly wasn't surprised when it was blown to pieces. When Drevo said that it didn't last long, she knew he mainly meant the fight but in her eyes it applied to her shield as well since she had said it wouldn't hold up long, which she didn't take as an insult. "Told you it wouldn't." She had said back and had prepared herself to welcome the arrows along with her death. In a way, she was disappointed that they didn't make it to her body but that was overshadowed by the fact that Korius had just appeared and saved them. In her mind, she happy and relieved and saying, "Oh thank god he's alive!" On the outside, however, she didn't really let her happiness or relief show. "Oh yeah, sure, now you show up." She said, but smirked slightly, even though it was a 'lets kick these people's asses' kind of look and not really a 'I'm so glad you're here' kind of look that she was hiding. She wasn't surprised when he threw Kitt back at him since Kitt was being a little over eager which could wind up getting him killed. "Well...she may have destroyed my shield, but I can still use it as ammo!" She said as she stomped her foot, bringing up some of the rubble remnants of her shield, then sent the rubble flying at a balcony of archers. It was easy for her to see that Korius had learned to control his Ki but she didn't say anything on the subject and would let the others figure it out on their own.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1943 on: August 11, 2011, 09:46:55 PM »
Part of the second balcony and half of the first balcony, on the right side, took the blow, killing 17 of the archers. However, it didn't shake the others and another volley from all 7 floors came bearing down on the group. The 20 that were in Loraine's chambers disappeared into hidden doors in the chamber and emerged with the other archers on various floors. Meanwhile, Loraine took the offensive in attacking Korius, taking the battle into her chambers while the rest of the party was blocked off and kept busy by the remaining 93 archers in the central lobby.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1944 on: August 11, 2011, 10:24:06 PM »
Kiana quickly moved behind one of the knocked down doors to avoid the volley of arrows that were sent at them again. While behind the door, she sent more rubble at the archers. She didn't like that Korius was dealing with the Guardian by himself but she did her best not to think about it and just focus on taking out the archers, hoping that maybe if they took them out fast enough they might be able to help Korius out afterward.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1945 on: August 11, 2011, 11:35:12 PM »
The low frequency of the hard impacts from the Ki infused hits and blocks resounded throughout the castle. Despite all her offense, Loraine had been unable to land a single direct hit. She hissed as she became infuriated and the ground beneath her began to rumble as she built up her Ki. Loraine pushed off the ground, destroying where she stood and her fists and legs began to move at blinding speeds as Korius lept up to meet her attack with his own, for once. The exchange of blows were devastating, and emitted extreme loud, impact soundwaves, but the force from the contact was still not generating any shockwaves.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1946 on: August 12, 2011, 02:51:07 AM »
*Meanwhile amongst the chaos of the return of an ally to the group, the wolf stayed hidden at the entrance still* "Man screw that, I can't even walk in there without getting shot at with an arrow probably, I'll just stay here until it slows down long enough for my efforts to be even useful, until then they'll get the best of shields I can offer. As far as anything else, they'll have to send it to me with ESP because I'm not walking through there without support of some kind because I'm way too damn slow. This diamond still doesn't seem to show much of an impact on anything." *White took out the diamond again and gazed at it as he stood there* "I'm amazed that Korius showed up, I thought it was just gonna be what was left of our group against the overpowered archery unit and some Guardian hiding in the background."
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 07:10:28 PM by White Wolf Guardian »
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1947 on: August 12, 2011, 10:16:12 PM »
The archers' numbers were dropping as the battle prolonged, however, the floor became more and more littered with arrows, some pointing up from being deflected or bent and stuck in backwards between the stones. As the fight between Loraine continued, her attacks became stronger and stronger, but Korius' defense remained the same, so the attacks were beginning to break through. Finally, Loraine sent a volley of kicks before attacking with a punch straight to the chest. Korius fell for it, and wasn't able to dodge. He crossed his arms and blocked the hit as best he could, but the impact hit hard, and he coughed blood as the hit sent him flying right through the cracked wall behind the chamber and right into the rear courtyard.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1948 on: August 13, 2011, 01:23:28 AM »
Talin had grabbed onto the torch holder near the lip of balcony when Kiana threw the fallen barricade at the other archers, and then used it as a launching platform when he climbed up the cracks of masonry that Loraine's 'door buster' had caused. The second he got on the lip an archer was going to stab him with a dagger, but he pulled the archer off the balcony before getting his feet inside the balcony. On that balcony, most of the archers had turned away from the group and were now trying to eliminate the dragoon that had ascended to their floor. His clothes had a few tears and cuts where he couldn't completely dodge the arrows during his climbing, but he was still uninjured as he switched between parrying and dodging the arrows. Two more archers met their end by his blade and he was not stopping his advancement.

By this time he couldn't even pay attention to the situation of Korius, anyone else for that matter, as he was keeping the entire bottom-right balcony from firing on anyone else but himself.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 01:27:44 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1949 on: August 13, 2011, 01:40:43 AM »
However, despite his efforts, Talin bit off more than he could chew. Two arrows entered into his right calf, which staggered him and another archer came over and pushed Talin over one of the broken edges. Landing him on the first balcony of the second floor, and crashing through it as his weight crumbled the cracks in it and onto the ground with a clang, rolling a little towards the party since only half of what he landed on actually broke off. Lucky for him, his armor broke and protected him from an arrow that was facing upward. 10 of the archers leaned over the edge and aimed their bows directly at Talin, firing.