The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128844 times)

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1965 on: August 24, 2011, 11:57:08 PM »
Talin cringed when he heard the roar, unable to cover his ears in time. He was very well stunned for a few seconds afterward. He was able to notice the hail of arrows, but couldn't get his footwork up at the same time as his swing. The arrows that were not blocked, had cut into his clothes and cut at his chest and arms. He could feel his legs on the verge of giving out, but stomped one foot and the shock returned some stability to his stance. Talin's could feel an unusual confidence build in his body as he looked up, but was too focused on the archers to recognize his own arrogance.
"You caught me off guard, and couldn't even deal a killing blow? Loraine can't teach you anything worth a guilder!!"
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 11:58:47 PM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1966 on: August 25, 2011, 12:46:35 AM »
Kiana wanted to snap at Talin and tell him to shut up when he spoke after the archers and commander had moved on, so he wouldn't alert them to the fact that they were still alive. She held her tongue though and got to her feet. "Well at least those explosions worked up the earth enough for me to use it to defend myself." She thought to herself as she headed to the throne room. What no one else knew was that she had pulled a sharp, shard of rock out of her right side below her ribs when she had gotten up. The blood hadn't gotten to her cloak at that point so it wasn't apparent that she was injured and she made absolutely sure that she didn't let it show at all as she walked.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1967 on: August 25, 2011, 11:12:44 PM »
No sooner did Talin lash with his tongue, did he get an arrow run right through his shoulder, just above his collarbone, and just through the muscle. Meanwhile, the fight was about to escalate. Loraine couldn't help but feel shivers on her spine and in her legs. Why am I afraid? Yes, he has more Ki, but now his soul is corrupted. He won't be able to control it, and he will be extremely predi- Without a beat, Korius disappeared and reappeared instantly behind her, even despite her fighting ability and perception. She quickly raised both arms and rotated left, just in time to block his powerful kick. Loraine flew right at the inner wall, and the impact cracked it up almost 20 feet around. Loraine grunted before spitting out blood. However, she merely smiled more devilishly and yelled as she released all her Ki, the ground shaking around her, and the cracks in the protective wall spreading.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1968 on: August 25, 2011, 11:43:51 PM »
Kiana entered the throne room just in time to see Talin hit by an arrow. Quickly, she moved over to the wall underneath the balcony that the commander and archers were using. She hoped that by moving along that wall that she would at least make it harder for the archers to try to shoot at her. "Move your ass, Talin!" She said in an urgent tone, not wanting or needing him to get more injured than he already was.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1969 on: August 25, 2011, 11:49:20 PM »
Kitt struggled on the brink of unconsciousness, a deep ringing in his ears and brick dust in his mouth that mixed with the blood there. He blinked, that simple motion slow and heavy, fist clenching and pushing feebly at the ground. Spitting the blood from his mouth Kitt finally pushed himself up from the floor, grimacing with the effort of it as he struggled up onto his feet.

For a moment he just stood there, glancing around at the rubble around him, coated from head to foot in grey dust and soot. He looked across to Drevo, realizing it was he who had pulled him to safety under the shield. With a shake of his head he cleared the ringing and everything rushed back to meet him, the sound of the fighting, the pain and the dull thumps of his own heart beat in his ears. He grimaced again and picked up his crossbow from where it lay among the rubble.
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1970 on: August 26, 2011, 02:00:07 AM »
The archers heard Kiana as she entered and yelled, half of them running over and down the walkway, firing over at her as they moved, trying to get to an angle where they could get a better shot, while keeping suppressive fire to keep her on her toes. Over a half a mile away, Korius' and Loraine's fight had escalated over at the inner wall, both attacking and parrying at blinding speeds. To a normal onlooker, it looked like there were multiples of each fighter disappearing and reappearing all over the place. One could even see the impacts of every single hit sending shockwaves that seemed to look like torrential winds.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1971 on: August 26, 2011, 02:28:04 AM »
Kiana wasn't exactly surprised that the archers noticed her and rushed to try to take her down, but she had to push herself to dodge the first arrows, grunting slightly. Once she had some sort of opening from dodging, she started to run as best as she could in her state, knowing that she needed to hurry up and get through the archers since she didn't have the material she needed inside the castle to take them down. She was also resisting the urge to put a hand inside her cloak, not wanting to give away the fact that she was injured.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1972 on: August 26, 2011, 01:35:08 PM »
Talin forced himself to start running, but could not reach sprinting speeds as he needed both arms to act as counter-weights in case he needs to turn on a dime. He also had to parry all the incoming arrows with the arm that was facing away from the archers. He managed to get behind Kiana, but was slowly falling behind as he had to turn around every two seconds to deflect another volley of arrows.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1973 on: August 26, 2011, 03:34:37 PM »
The Commander was angry now, not liking that their normally foolproof tactics didn't work for the first time, and drew his own sword, jumping down from the balcony onto the top of the throne stairway and rushed Kiana and Talin. From behind him, the archers fired arrows that narrowly miss him, and went straight for Kiana and Talin, a true testament to them now putting their full effort into every shot.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1974 on: August 26, 2011, 04:47:23 PM »
*The wolf lay under a pile of rubble trying to gather his bearings as to wear he was or how he got there, trying to recall the last few minutes before he got where he was now in the dark continually drawing a blank, not remembering clearly at the moment* "What happened?" *He tried to move and found that he couldn't feel his legs, but he could move his arms and moved some stone from his face and then his body, trying to get a better view as the world blurred in again for what seemed like a long time to him* "Oh crap, I didn't make it out in time." *He noticed that his legs were bruised, bent incorrectly, and probably internally shattered completely* "I have to fix this right now..." *He pulled his other arm to him revealing the diamond and knife in his left hand, basically cut deep into his skin, probably aiding to it still being in it despite the force of the explosion*

"I should be dead, but I managed to last long enough to be conscious again. Perhaps both of these items contributed to that factor." *White started to heal his hands and somewhat hurt arms, his shoulder had felt dislocated, but cracked back into place after some initial focus* "If I could feel my legs, I wouldn't even be able to focus from the amount of pain they must be in right now." *He focused on the bones inside, quickly seeing that they were indeed but a memory at this point and required a lot of work* "This is going to take a long time, I hope the others survived the explosion. I'll be to whoever is still alive as soon as I can..."
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1975 on: August 28, 2011, 11:53:49 AM »
Talin noticed the commander coming at them the next time he knocked away the arrows. He cursed under his breath before knocking away yet another volley. "Kiana, we got a chaser. I'll need to stay behind so at least one of us can get to Korius." He yelled before turning around and facing the commander head-on.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1976 on: August 28, 2011, 02:23:15 PM »
The archers split into two groups again as Kiana pulled ahead of Talin, who stayed behind to fight their commander. One half kept pressure on Kiana, and the others maintain their precision shooting by keeping their commander covered with constant volleys whizzing a hair's width from their commander's body and at the large wolf-kin with the arrow in his shoulder.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1977 on: August 28, 2011, 03:07:08 PM »
Kiana continued forward when Talin said that he was going to stay behind to hold off the commander. As she ran, it took a lot of her already-decreasing energy to dodge the arrows that were being sent at her by the archers. She still had no way to defend herself considering that everything under her feet was just clay mainly. She remembered that she had Kamau's throwing stars in her cloak but she didn't want to risk losing them by throwing them at the archers. It was stupid.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1978 on: August 29, 2011, 03:02:48 AM »
Talin easily side-stepped the arrows as he knew they were watching their fire rather than trying to 'move' him into the next volley. He readied his volge, and held the blades towards the attacker as he readied a defensive stance. When the commander got close, Talin parried his swing and thrust before kicking him back and avoiding another precision volley. He then pushed him back with some swings and thrusts of his own. However, his swing from the left is noticeably slower due to the shoulder wound. "You lost too many of your archers to dare fight me on my terms. Turn back now or I will cut you down in front of your men."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1979 on: August 31, 2011, 11:43:24 PM »
The commander merely laughed and rushed Talin again. He had already noticed the lagtime of Talin's swings from the left. The commander met blades with Talin, but wasn't too worried of Talin's left arm, kicking it aside due to the lagtime, and joggled the arrow around in Talin's wound to force him down on his knees.