The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128845 times)

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1980 on: September 01, 2011, 03:36:08 AM »
*The wolf stopped short of trying to heal himself soon realizing whatever he had left earlier in his attempt to protect the party had been used up and gave up on trying to gather any more energy* "Well it's either die from depleting the rest of my life or lay here and wait for support of some kind to come my way. Also hope that nobody comes along that is unfriendly since resisting is futile."
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1981 on: September 01, 2011, 11:31:33 AM »
Kitt shifted aside the rubble and strewn rocks, hunting for the tip of the White tail he was sure he had seen among the mess. He was sore all over and already near collapsing point, but other than that unharmed thanks to White's shield. It was with a strained, yet relieved, grin that he pulled aside the last of the large rocks that pinned down White's legs.

"You'd better not die now White, not after I went through all that trouble to dig you out." He grinned and sheathed his sword, glancing over White's crushed legs with a woozy feeling in his stomach. Grin gone now, he glanced over his shoulder then back to White "Anything I can do to help? I need to help with the fight, but we need you safe too..."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1982 on: September 01, 2011, 01:39:51 PM »
Korius roared as he matched fists with the now full-power Loraine. The two continued to fight furiously at lightning speeds, destroying the ground underneath them, neither one pulling punches nor Ki. The two of them clashed once more before separating and staring each other down. Loraine was breathing heavily, sweating profusely as she stared down her opponent. Shit. How is this possible? Despite his predictability and broken arm, I still can't get a clean hit in anywhere. It looks like I'm going to have to retreat for now, and just let him finish off his friends. He's no longer sane, so he won't be telling friend from foe. I just have to break from him somehow...

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1983 on: September 01, 2011, 04:13:33 PM »
Drevo, not seeing White anywhere, decided to move some rocks. He noticed Kitt doing the same and helped him out. When they uncovered White he smirked a bit. "So that's where you were hiding." he said, trying to make light of the situation. He saw his leg banged up and grimaced a little. "Can you heal yourself?"
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 03:17:13 PM by Srgntcuddles »

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1984 on: September 03, 2011, 12:48:19 AM »
Finally, Kiana made it to the huge opening that had been made from the fight between Korius and Loraine. She slowed herself so she didn't run right through the opening and draw attention to herself. Looking behind her, she surveyed what was happening for a moment before slipping around the wall and out of view of the archers. She tried to even out her breathing as she leaned against the wall and looked forward to see that she had come out at a moment where Korius and Loraine weren't clashing but staring each other down. Her eyes shifted back and forth between the two of them, but quickly focused on Korius when she caught sight of his eyes. "That's not good..." She thought to herself then looked down and grimaced slightly before forcing her face back to normal. "Neither is this injury. I don't know how long I have before I won't be of any help anymore..." She looked back up at the two fighters, waiting to see what would happen.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1985 on: September 03, 2011, 11:52:19 PM »
The archers that were aiming for Kiana followed her outside, but stopped when they reached the outer platform because one, it wasn't there anymore, and two, they were in awe at the spectacle of the fight. However, while staring each other down, Korius made his move as Loraine tried to plan her escape. Just snapping to, Loraine blocked the reappearing Korius' kick from her right, but he was upside down and ran his right arm through her ribs underneath the blocking arm, and out her chest. "H-h-how....?" Korius roared and let out a blast of Ki before landing on his feet, which blasted Loraine's body into pieces. From the view of the castle, Korius' figure was a mere shadow in the light of the sun on the horizon, eyes glowing noticeably. Without another second, he disappeared again, reappearing in the middle of the group of archers who were watching from above Kiana. Before anyone reacted, he kicked the half behind him up to the roof, splattering their bodies upon impact, and reaching through the head of the one in front of him and pulled the head off the one in front. He then tossed the maimed head, spine still attached, and speared the others shooting at Talin. The stopped arrows immediately caught the attention of the captain who stopped in time to see Korius appear beside him, breathing steam and covered in blood. The captain quickly swung his sword at Korius' head, but it stopped just short as the captain's body froze with Korius' hand in his chest. He then pulled the captain's heart out, who collapsed, and crushed it in his hand before turning to Talin.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1986 on: September 04, 2011, 01:08:15 AM »
Kiana's jaw dropped at the sight of what Korius did to Loraine though she didn't feel bad for the woman in the slightest. She then looked up when he went after the archers above her before she moved back around the wall to the inside to keep an eye on what Korius was doing. Watching him take out the rest of the archers, she didn't like that he was getting closer to where the others were, Talin being the first in his path. She watched as he took out the commander and crushed his heart before turning his attention to Talin. Her eyes widened and she started to run towards the two of them with as much swiftness as she could muster. "Korius! No!" She yelled as she ran, or did her best attempt at running, towards them, using her staff to keep herself up and moving every other step.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1987 on: September 04, 2011, 01:52:18 AM »
"Thank gaia, you have no idea how glad I am to see you two, I thought perhaps everyone died in the explosion except for Korius and Loraine. I don't have any majicka left I'm sorry, you two might want to just get out of here while you still can. If you try to drag me out of here, you'll probably be killed by a stray archer or even Loraine. The only way I can save myself now is if I were taken to a town somewhere else and given rest or food, it's a futile effort at least at this moment."
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1988 on: September 05, 2011, 07:33:28 PM »
Korius didn't bat an eye as he threw the deflated heart aside and charged his good arm with Ki and stopped in mid-strike, claws less than an inch from Talin's chest plate, and turned as Kiana yelled over. His form disappeared and reappeared right in front of her, hand on her throat and lifting her as high as his arm could stretch.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1989 on: September 05, 2011, 09:53:57 PM »
Kiana's right hand instantly released her staff when her throat was grabbed and she was lifted off of the ground. She grabbed his hand with both of her hands and tried to pry his hand off of her as her legs kicked in the air. "Korius...don't..." She said, gasping for air and kicking his chest, but to no avail. "Get a hold...of yourself... Remember...the mission...Koara gave you..." The combination of being choked and the amount of blood she had lost from her injury had her on the edge of passing out. "Don't lose..." She didn't finish though and ended up passing out, her body going limp.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1990 on: September 05, 2011, 10:13:53 PM »
However, despite hearing her words, Korius' body no longer listened to him. When Kiana passed out, he began to tighten his grip to crush her neck, but dropped her as he was knocked away, through the wall next to Talin, and landed just past White, Drevo, and Kitt. He merely got up, eyes still glowing their deathly red and staring right at where he had been nailed from. There, past the wall and holding Kiana, stood Soria, "You bloody idiot. I told you what would happen. Now your soul is torn in half. *Gently lays Kiana down* I'm going to have to stop you, now."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1991 on: September 05, 2011, 10:31:53 PM »
Talin almost passed out when Korius was an inch away from probably finishing him off. Then he heard Kiana trying to tell him to let go, which convinced him to get back up despite being humbled just a minute or two ago. Sadly, his body wouldn't let him stand without support from his volge. He was going to make a final dash, using all of his conscious energy to at least break his grip on Kiana, if not remove his arm.

However, that plan didn't follow through as he saw Korius fly past him and through the wall. He dropped to his knees and his jaw also fell open before he turned to see the woman that visited them a few days earlier. He couldn't contain his frustration, as well as his immediate opinion of the situation.
"What is with you 'Ki' fighters?! One minute you're the calmest person in the party, next you're the one ripping off heads and torsos!"
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 10:33:43 PM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1992 on: September 05, 2011, 10:38:10 PM »
Soria sighed, "Why don't you shut up? You know nothing about Ki. A majority of fighters never really reach their full power, or can only go so far. People like myself, Loraine, and Korius reach a power level where it gives birth to our true potential. However, that power comes at a price. Your sanity, mind and soul become no longer existent. It's what we call Dark Ki. It wasn't until 6,000 years ago, when society left the stone age into the iron age that warriors developed a training that allows us to master it. I've warned Korius time and again to maintain the training and not to break it, but he did, and not even his most loved and cherished friends or memories could snap him to. He'll be conscious inside, but his body is no longer his since his soul is no longer in one piece."

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1993 on: September 08, 2011, 11:46:01 PM »
Drevo heard Kiana's screams for Korius to stop and turned. He watched the scene go down and Korius suddenly get blasted away in his general area. He turned back to White and Kitt, knowing Korius wasn't himself. "We should leave. Now. I think stuff is about to go down and we'd just get in the way." After he said that he looked over White. "You better not break on me if I try to move you..."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1994 on: September 09, 2011, 12:42:55 AM »
However, Drevo's attempt backfired as Korius drew the katana from its sheath, using his Ki to send a wind cutter to block the exit, destroying the ground and stopping Drevo from even picking up momentum to run. Korius looked over and charged right at the three of them, roaring. Just before he landed his strike, Soria appeared right next to him as if out of thin air and kicked him over. Unfortunately, the direction he was kicked was the direction of the closest exit.