The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128843 times)

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1995 on: September 09, 2011, 01:00:16 AM »
"Wonderful, so now we're all screwed. There's no escape." *The wolf looked on silently after Korius destroyed all hope and Soria finished it with a kick with a grim expression and then looked back to Drevo* "It was nice working with you for the time being, I think you should try to look for a hidden escape route. Surely every castle even one such as this should have one. I won't break on you though if you're so intent on taking me with you, but you'll be slowing yourself down. Korius is probably going to kill you."
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1996 on: September 09, 2011, 01:08:23 AM »
Soria rushed on forward towards Korius, drawing her straight blade, and concentrated her Ki into it, going in with a thrust into the cloud of dust. However, her blade stopped as an object stopped it, which surprised her. When the cloud of dust disappeared, it could be seen that Korius had already gotten up and had blocked the thrust with the tip of the katana. Despite only having one functioning arm, he was still extremely deadly. He roared as he pumped his Ki into the katana, and the force shot Soria back, who landed on all fours, but slid quite a distance afterward from the force, ending up next to the trio again, "I suggest you just find somewhere to hide. A fight of this level traps anyone within a quarter of a league in the area. There's no escape, only evasion, until the fight ends."

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1997 on: September 09, 2011, 01:16:11 AM »
Drevo swore under his breath when Korius caved in their means of escape. He looked him in his red eyes as he roared just before he was knocked away again. "Well, we definitely don't want to stay here." he said. About that time Soria made her return trip to the three. After she spoke he sighed. "Alright then...White, since you already look it I think you should play dead. I'm sure Korius now would have no problem making you not be just playing dead...Just need to find a place to stash you." he said, picking him up carefully. As he did that he saw Kiana passed out in the open. "Talin, grab Kiana and get her outta there!" he shouted to him. "Come on, Kitt. We gotta move."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1998 on: September 09, 2011, 02:45:42 PM »
Korius' eyes shifted over to the running figures and slashed the katana, firing off more windcutters in their directions. Soria quickly moved, using her Ki-embued sword and dissipated the cuts, leaving nothing but a very light and gentle wind in its place, just like how Korius had been doing when he was defending against Loraine's attacks earlier.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1999 on: September 09, 2011, 04:57:22 PM »
Kitt nodded to Drevo, stuffing the handbow into his bag and pulling up his hood. The fight was now no more than a blur to him, the amount of power involved incomprehensible, and he saw no reason to stay or try and help. Instead he rushed over to Drevo and helped him heft White up, careful to mind his broken legs. With a gruff shake of his head he shouted "No, we can run with him... White doesnt deserve to be left behind after he saved our tails back there."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2000 on: September 10, 2011, 03:36:12 PM »
As soon as Soria had blocked the windcutters, Korius gave chase to the fleeing targets, almost appearing out of thin air in front of him. He lifted the katana and swung down, but Soria appeared just in time to block the downward strike, the blade hanging dangerously close to Drevo's head, just splitting one bit of hair that had stuck up. "I guess this is it. I'm sorry." Soria released her Ki and blasted the three behind her away and let go of her sword and running a double force palm right through Korius' stomach and chest as the katana continued its trip down her shoulder and ended just under her right arm. She spat blood at the strike, but smirked as Korius' eyes seemed to return to normal. He then collapsed onto the floor in front of Soria. She smiled as she slowly pulled the katana out of her and knelt at his body. "You're the embodiment now, and the last Master. Take care of the new generation in my stead, and remember to never let the darkness reach you." With that, Soria placed her left palm onto Korius' back and a bright light emanated from the contact point and shot throughout the castle, vanishing quicker than it had appeared, and Soria fell next to Korius, dead.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #2001 on: September 10, 2011, 04:23:07 PM »
Talin had picked up Kiana just as Drevo demanded, and was going for an exit when the fighting stopped and light blinded his vision. He looked back to the source and saw Soria dead, with Korius unconsious. His feet went back and fourth, judging on how he should handle the situation. Then he just let out a heavy sigh as he went back to pick up Soria's body before looking at Korius. Well, I think that is the fourth or fifth time someone has died for our group... excluding the village. He looked at the ground, then at the other three. "Which do you think is better, a fire in the gardens or a burial in the gardens?"
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 03:19:59 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2002 on: September 11, 2011, 03:02:23 AM »
Drevo froze when Korius appeared in front of him, the sword cut his hat a bit as well as the hair. When Soria showed up and knocked him away he made sure to get himself between White and the ground to come to cushion the blow. He slid on his back a considerable distance, holding White as tightly as he could so he wouldn't get hurt. When he finally stopped sliding he coughed and got White off the top of him. "You okay?" "God you're heavy..."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2003 on: September 11, 2011, 08:50:34 PM »
Kitt got back to his feet, coughing heavily and covered from head to tail in dust and soot for the second time that day. He looked casually around at the scene of destruction and brushed some of the muck from his cloak and fur. With a cold glance he looked over to Talin, remembering that one of those four or five had been his father, and it was with an equally icy glare that he looked down at where Korius lay.

"I don't know Talin... Rangers of my clan are normally cremated. Maybe she'd have wanted the same." He pulled his hood up and turned away so that he didn't have to look at Soria's limp body. His expression was confused and in turmoil, quite different from the elation he had expected to feel when they had beaten another of the Guardians.

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2004 on: September 12, 2011, 03:05:56 PM »
Korius groaned as he came to, hearing voices all around him, but being fully self-conscious. When he heard the discussion about the fate of Soria's body, he grunted as he struggled to even lift his head off the ground. "No. We're giving her a warrior's burial. Prepare a proper burial and bring her sword. Make sure we clean it up and sharpen it. We-" Korius' arms failed and he fell unconscious again.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #2005 on: September 12, 2011, 11:59:16 PM »
*For a few seconds after Korius was no longer a thread, the wolf just stared in one direction as to where their distant leader was about to strike the group down, and Soria sacrificed herself to save them beyond sight where before then Drevo was prepared to sacrifice himself to save the healer, she then finished her student off before she faded; He looked lost, but finally came to when Drevo got off of him* "Wow I thought I was going to die, I must be more special than I thought... Yes I'm fine Drevo, I just need to buy myself some new legs." *Upon seeing Korius get up again he shrieked in terror, not hearing what he was saying* "GAIA NO!" *He watched him fall unconscious again and sighed in relief* "Err... what did he say?"
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 12:03:49 AM by White Wolf Guardian »
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #2006 on: September 13, 2011, 12:33:22 AM »
Talin nodded at Korius shortly after he dropped back down, turning around to get Soria's sword. He was now officially unable to carry anything more as he looked at his three other conscious comrades. "We're burying Soria as a warrior. Hopefully, Korius won't be joining her for at least a year or four." He continued to carry the living and dead in his arms as he walked through the throne room, and set Kiana down by the blasted masonry so he could get a better hold on Soria as he climbed up and over the opening and into the garden. It wasn't much of a drop, but he wasn't sure if he could hold both females and the sword if he fell any higher than a stair-step. He then looked around for any extravagant plants or trees to bury her by...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2007 on: September 13, 2011, 12:59:27 AM »
Drevo got up and dusted himself off after hearing White was okay. He looked towards the scene with Soria and grimaced. "Idiot..." he thought, referring to Korius. "Who the hell is he going to kill next? Ugh...This is getting stupid." he said  to himself. He was beginning to get frustrated, part of him just wanted to leave. No one could stop him now. There was also a part of him who wanted to stay, to at least make sure Korius didn't kill someone else on his own team. He began to pace and grumble angrily. He grabbed his gourd that was tied around his sash on his waist and drank.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2008 on: September 13, 2011, 03:56:37 PM »
Kitt couldn't help but grin slightly at White's reaction. The smile was only temporary however, and he soon returned to sullen contemplation of the situation. It was with a frown that he walked past White to where Drevo paced back and forth. He cleared his throat and watched as he took a deep swig from his gourd "Could do with some help carrying White... Going to need two of us to lift him without causing too much pain."

He glanced over at where White sat and looked over his bloodied legs. His voice still remained sullen, but lacking the anger and confusion that roiled in his thoughts. "White, do you think it would be alright to move you? Or would you be better off staying here?"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2009 on: September 13, 2011, 04:13:28 PM »
Out in the distance, Elistro and his men watched the events unfold and conclude as they watched Soria's body get carried out. "Looks like everything is going according to plan, though the time is taking too long. It looks like we are going to have move on to the second plan. Come! Let us ride out! Master Kyzen wants this done fast!"