The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128840 times)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #2025 on: September 20, 2011, 10:31:27 PM »
Kitt watched the scene from the sidelines, flinching away slightly as White gripped tightly onto him. He took a step to one side and coughed into his fist awkwardly. White could be strange at times, and so Kitt let the weird moment slip without a comment, instead focusing his attention to the sky. Clouds hung low, tinged orange and pink in the sun. But it was not this spectacle of natural beauty that had caught Kitt's eye. It was more the swooping shadow that circled high above the group, from a mere smudge on the horizon to where it was now, finally visible for what it was.

Evellyn swooped down with a high mewl, spreading her wings and coming to an elegant landing a few metres from where Kitt stood beside White. The falcon fluttered her feathers a few times and cried again, amber eyes glinting.

"Oh fancy that... Back are you?" Kitt glared at the bird with dark bitterness, his sullen attitude back again. Evellyn ducked her head and clicked her beak, shuffling where she stood. "Yeah, I waited for you to return. Flying off and then not coming back for weeks." Still glaring, Kitt knelt down, holding out one gloved hand.

He sighed and held it out a little further until the falcon hopped up, crooning and clicking her beak affectionately. It was then he noticed the object held tight in her claws, glinting in the sunlight. All anger at the bird gone, Kitt held out his other hand and watched as Evellyn dropped it into his palm. It was the Szarda crest that he had thrown away on that stormy night; still caked in now-dried mud and tarnished blood. The bird clicked her beak and nuzzled into Kitt's cloak affectionately as he closed his fingers around the crest, a grin catching the corner of his mouth.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 10:33:56 PM by Kitt (Santa Claws) »
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #2026 on: September 22, 2011, 02:36:36 AM »
Korius stood by himself and closed his eyes, wondering why he was able to be himself again, and no longer in a rage. After a few seconds, his memory from the last hour came back. He had killed Soria, who had infused him with her own Ki, and he had even said to have her buried as a warrior before fainting again earlier, and even his near death experience in between worlds. Korius kept his eyes closed and opened up his senses, and found Talin about a mile away, recognizing his unique body energy and the presence of Chronin's unmistakable Majicka signature. He sighed and began to walk over in Talin's direction, not caring about the others at the moment. He noticed, as he walked, the lightness of his steps, and how relaxed his body was, despite the damage he had taken earlier.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #2027 on: September 22, 2011, 02:52:25 AM »
"Okay...everybody just completely ignore what I asked..." Kiana thought as Korius walked off and she finally actually looked at Drevo who was kneeling in front of her. "Could you get out of my face?" She said, her voice was kind of edgy. The edge in her voice was mainly because of the irritation of being ignored along with the frustration of it being hard to get up and annoyance of someone being that close to her at the moment. She finally forcibly pushed herself over onto her knees then placed her hand on the wall as a brace as she got to her feet. Once she was standing, she slowly turned and walked toward her staff that was on the floor not too far away. After retrieving it, which took longer than it would have if she hadn't been really weak, she followed after Korius, figuring that he knew where he was going.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #2028 on: September 22, 2011, 03:41:00 AM »
*The wolf weakly looked down upon his legs again and paused for a moment as he traveled to his personal library and held up yet another book rather instantly within his hands* "Maybe there's a tome somewhere in this damned mess about what to do in situations where no majicka can be found." *He flipped through pages desperately, but continued to come up with nothing and sighed* "Well that was a waste of time." *He closed the cover and it disappeared back into the book's world* "I guess I'm stuck depending on an archer, a disturbed ninja, a corrupted KI master, the distant wolf and a worn out Earth mage for further support to be moving anywhere for now..." *He trailed off and stared vacantly in one direction*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #2029 on: September 22, 2011, 05:10:41 AM »
In the time that he had yelled at his ancestor, and the time it took Korius to reach the tree, Talin had already dug Soria's grave. He had stopped to wash his hands when he felt someone approaching, but calmed down when the presence felt familiar. "Korius, did Soria tell you anything about the ninja village? Like, if anyone survived?"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #2030 on: September 22, 2011, 03:42:02 PM »
Drevo stood up when Kiana tried to stand up, smirking at her annoyance. When she tried to walk after Korius he turned and went to go get White. He carefully picked up White and looked at Kitt. "You should go be a crutch for Kiana. I got White." he said before heading in her direction. If he could carry them both he would, but White was injured and he needed to carry him as carefully as he could.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2031 on: September 22, 2011, 09:34:25 PM »
Kitt shook Evellyn off his wrist, the falcon taking off and swooping up to circle above the group. He watched Drevo pick White up single-handedly, wondering whether his help was needed, then nodded when Drevo told him to help Kiana.

Quickly he caught up with her, noting how she walked with difficulty. He merely put it down to the strain of her using magic during the fight and moved up to her side. With a mental gritting of his teeth Kitt put an arm around Kiana and took some of the weight of her legs as she walked.

"You looked like you could do with a bit of help." He shifted to make sure his short sword wouldn't jab into her side and glanced up to her, adding quickly "N-not that you couldn't have walked on your own ... Just wanted to help." His white-furred cheeks flushed and he looked away again, hoping she might appreciate it, and worrying he had done something wrong.

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2032 on: September 23, 2011, 12:01:27 AM »
Korius shook his head, "No. It's as her first report has been, not a single soul left. *sits down at the tree next to the pond where Talin was washing his hands* You've gotten a lot stronger. Before, you couldn't sense anyone's presence. It seems your senses have finally heightened to THAT point. You're going to have to be careful from now on. The more powerful you become, you won't be able to fully exert yourself like you have done lately, or else Chronin will be able to take full control of you. You may not use Ki, but your risks are as high as us. The others will be here promptly. I'll put her in myself."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #2033 on: September 23, 2011, 01:18:22 AM »
Kiana almost snapped when someone put an arm around her. Luckily for Kitt, he spoke quick enough that her initial reaction was cut off and didn't get to come out. Since it was Kitt, she let the fact that he was helping her go even though she hated getting help from anyone. "I get it, Kitt. It's fine." She said to him as she walked with him to where Talin and Korius were. She noticed a body and that a hole had been as she approached with Kitt. After she got closer, she realized that the body was Soria and she stopped in her tracks about ten feet away, removing Kitt's arm from around her.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #2034 on: September 24, 2011, 04:29:09 AM »
"Thanks for picking me up, umm... so where are we going now? I'm kind of confused as to what our next goal is at the moment, I'm hoping it involves going to some sort of village nearby to recuperate and then continue onward to the next Guardian. I'm just glad you're not trying to hand me a sword again, because I'm totally not going to do that favor!" *He joked at the wolf and hoped for a more cheery response* "Give a satirical statement hopefully... get one in return."
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #2035 on: September 24, 2011, 10:27:31 PM »
Talin nodded, acknowledging Korius' words. He felt the others approaching, and turned away from the pond. "Chronin said he could teach me to use the 'gift' he had offered, and with how close we were to losing... it is getting difficult to believe that my physical potential alone will cover the gap." He was going to ask more, but the others were too close for comfort. Talin was only able to tell Korius since he was the only one there that seemed to be at peace with themselves.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #2036 on: September 24, 2011, 11:49:31 PM »
"We're going to Soria's...Funeral." Drevo said when White asked where they were going. "At there very least I'm sure we will rest somewhere. Enough to get your magicka back up so you can heal yourself so you can walk on your own." He didn't say anything when he joked about the sword. Shortly they got to the others a little after Kiana. He set White down and plopped down next to him facing towards what was going on.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2037 on: September 25, 2011, 06:38:48 PM »
Kitt moved away from Kiana once they had reached Talin, glancing around at everyone in the group before he sat heavily down on the ground. With a sigh he crossed his legs and watched Evellyn hover above them, wings straight out and shivering, a dark shadow in the sky.

With a ring of metal on metal he drew his sword, cleaning it and then moving on to his two crossbows. He worked silently, checking the wood and string of the weapons. The hood of his cloak fell down so that his face was in shadow, and he was glad of that, because it meant he didnt have to look up at Soria's grave, or meet anyone else's eye.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2038 on: September 27, 2011, 12:25:38 AM »
Korius nodded as the others came close. He got up and slowly picked up Soria's body, which seemed to have progressively aged since before he had been knocked out. Korius was sullen and sad, but kept his demeanor and composure. "Soria Xing. As your successor as Ki Master, I lay you down for your eternal sleep. May your life on the other side be as fulfilling as it was on this side." He jumped down into the grave and gently laid her body down, and jumped back out. Korius went over to where Soria's blade was laying and drew it out, infusing his Ki into it and with a swift swing, collapsed the burial, and sheathed the weapon again, all in one motion. He took the sheathed sword and stuck it half-way into the ground, right at the center of the burial.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2039 on: September 27, 2011, 01:40:21 AM »
Kiana didn't move any closer and just watched the others settle themselves close to the grave. When Korius picked up Soria's body, her eyes shifted to looking at the ground. She listened to him speak and didn't look up until she knew he was out of the grave and didn't have Soria's body anymore. She watched him collapse the burial then stick the sword halfway in the earth at the center of the burial. Her legs shook and she slowly sat down, not really having the energy to stand for too long.