The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128849 times)

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #2055 on: October 10, 2011, 01:17:20 PM »
Drevo was still leaning back when Kiana started talking to herself. There wasn't anyone she could be talking to since no one spoke. He let his chair fall back onto all four legs just before Korius spoke to him. "Right..." he said. He got to eating his stew and once finished took White upstairs into a room. He wanted to see what was up with Kiana, but Talin had already started talking to her. Not to mention he was still certain she was going to do something to him at some point.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #2056 on: October 10, 2011, 04:10:11 PM »
Kitt did not notice Kiana talking to thin air, with his hood up and head bowed down over his steaming soup he ate in silence. Beside him Evellyn snapped up the pieces of meat, pecking at Kitt's hood in an attempt to get more from him.

Once the soup was gone, with a few more pieces of meat handed over to Evellyn after a particularly painful peck to the ear, Kitt stood and gave a languid stretch. With a yawn he hopped up onto the table and drew his bow, setting once again to oiling the repeater mechanism. He shot glances up between Kiana and Talin, but said nothing as he worked.
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #2057 on: October 10, 2011, 05:54:09 PM »
Korius stood atop the non-damaged portion of the outer wall and looked out into the horizon as the sun disappeared into the hills. He closed his eyes and, for the first time, released all of his Ki and opened up every last one of his senses. It was exhilarating, and a rush. Korius was able to reach his mind's eye well over two leagues with ease. He was able to sense all the life that surrounded him in all directions. After a few seconds, Korius took a deep breath and released his Ki with a roar, maximizing his output to see how far he could push it without losing himself, and he didn't feel anything, no change, no darkness taking over, but rather, he felt the warmth and soft caress of the power. I won't let your final gift be for naught... With that, Korius stopped as his head seemed to drop him to his knees. There were more visions. Again, in another person's body, and in another time and place. He found himself standing before a full-bodied Chronin Lazarus in archaic, dark armour, with dragon's wings and tail, and laughing maniacally as he floated beneath a large orb of dark magic. "This is the end for you, (inaudible)! This world will be mine for the taking! Your birth was the catalyst for this! Now be sucked into oblivion!" Korius' body got up and drew an all too familiar katana, and stared into the eyes of a legendary blue wolf holding the also familiar twin sai, and held her hand before a bright light shined and the last thing he heard was Chronin yelling at the top of his lungs, "NOOOOOOO!" Korius panted as he snapped from the vision, clutching his eyes as they pulsed, They're HIS memories, aren't they? The Hero? How am I...? He had been out of it for quite a while, but his thoughts finally brought him around when he felt a life fade. Korius turned as he felt the last vestiges of White's majicka disappear alongside with his life signs.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #2058 on: October 10, 2011, 06:30:37 PM »
It took a few minutes for Kiana to realize that Talin had spoken to her. "Huh?" She said as she slowly turned her head away from the spot across from her, thinking that any second the vision of her brother would appear again and she might miss it. "Uh, I don't know. Probably not. You're not actually a mage, so using majicka is deadly." She said in response. "He wouldn't risk your life." The latter was said softly, mainly because it was directed at herself as well as Talin. She was telling herself that Kamau wouldn't risk her life, so why should he expect her to trouble others with helping her when he wouldn't "trouble" her to help him keep his life. Her eyes sort of glazed over during this moment of though, but when it was finished she shook her head slightly and focused on Talin again. "No, I don't think he would."

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #2059 on: October 11, 2011, 01:57:18 AM »
Talin watched Kiana intently, nodding when she was finished, yet started to smile. "I have access to light and dark magic thanks to my lineage, but I'm still not even in the realm of you and Wh-" His eyes went unfocused for a few seconds, and the smile fell. He couldn't really place the feeling or sensation, but understood it was not something to feel good about. He got up and went upstairs, the realization creeping up his spine the closer he got to White's room.

When he entered and felt only his own presence, he immediately went over to White's body and wrapped his hands in light and put them over the healer's chest. He tried giving the body a kick-start, an idea that came from White using the light magic Talin gave off. Don't die on me, not after all you did to keep us alive!!
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2060 on: October 11, 2011, 03:17:51 PM »
As Drevo left White's room he saw Talin enter, seeming rather distraught. Curious, he looked in to see him over White from what it looked like trying to heal him. He entered and went to the side of the bed opposite Talin and observed, seeing that White wasn't moving or breathing. He was at a loss for words, baffled at White being dead. He was one of the two he wanted to protect most on the team, considering he was able to help more than himself.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2061 on: October 11, 2011, 06:38:44 PM »
With a sigh Kitt jumped down from the table and nodded a goodnight to Kiana, the only person left downstairs other than himself. Evellyn followed with a flutter of wings and a shriek of disapproval at not getting a lift on Kitt's arm.

It was at the top of the stairs that Kitt stood as he watched Talin and then Drevo rush into White's room. For several moments he stood still, a dread sinking feeling in his gut, knowing that whatever had happened it could not be good. The ten or so steps from the stairs to White's room seemed to take an age, and it was with a final surge of ice cold through his veins that he looked through the door to where the two stood over White's bed.

For a moment he stood stock still and silent. Then Kitt swore, lips screwed up into a snarl of anger and despair. Tears welled in his eyes and in a moment of sheer frustration he threw his father's crossbow to the ground with all his strength. A sharp crack resounded through the room as the drawstring snapped in two and the solid wooden stock clattered across the floorboards.

Evellyn fluttered to the bedstand as Kitt rushed from the doorway with a whip of his cloak, running to the first empty room and slamming the door behind him. With the barrier of wood between him and the sight of White's dead body, the young feline finally slumped to the floor and drew up his knees, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2062 on: October 12, 2011, 04:11:41 PM »
Korius did his best to regain his bearings before rushing back to the inn. He zoomed past buildings and broke down the inn door when he entered, and jumped over the stairs to get into White's room. There, laying motionless, was the last white mage in existence, and possibly the ned of the line of white magic for all of Gaia. "Shit..."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #2063 on: October 13, 2011, 01:05:36 AM »
Kiana was confused when Talin cut his words short and headed upstairs, but didn't think much of it since she was still stuck in her head as well. She kind of half-nodded in response to Kitt's nod to her. It wasn't too long after that that she heard a door slam upstairs. Wondering what was going on, she slowly got up from her seat and started toward the stairs. She was halfway to the stairway when Korius broke down the door, startling her and almost causing her to fall over, and went bounding up the stairs. She followed after him, picking up her pace some since now she was really wondering what was going on. "What's going on?" She asked as she was almost at the top of the stairs, gripping the railing tightly with her left hand and holding her injured side with her right hand. She saw the open door and headed for it. When she stood in the doorway, she saw Korius, Talin, and Drevo standing around the bed that White was laying on as she now gripped the door frame for support with her left hand. She also noticed that White's chest wasn't moving. "Oh..." She said and then fell silent, not really having anything else to say at the moment.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2064 on: October 13, 2011, 03:38:21 AM »
Talin got more and more frustrated as his efforts seemed to yield no results. So, he did what came most naturally to someone of his background: He pushed himself more than he probably should. The glowing became brighter, and visible strain was on his face as he tried to force more healing magic out of his hands and into White's body.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2065 on: October 14, 2011, 09:35:57 PM »
Drevo watched Talin's efforts, noticing they weren't helping any. As the others came in he looked up at Talin. "He's dead, Talin..." he said with a grimace. Talin put more effort into his healing attempt and he walked over to him and tried to pull him away. "He's dead, don't kill yourself, too!" he said, putting a paw on his shoulder.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2066 on: October 15, 2011, 12:17:37 AM »
Korius rushed over in a blur right after Drevo, grabbing Talin by the fur on the back of his neck and threw him backwards, into the wall next to the door about 10 feet away. "If you want to kill yourself, do it on your own time, not right now. White gave his life to save you all. As much as I don't want to say it, it was his final act as part of our party. Let it go."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2067 on: October 15, 2011, 02:21:38 AM »
Kiana knew that Talin's attempt to revive the white mage was stupid but she didn't utter a word. When he was subsequently thrown across the room, hitting the wall right next to where she was standing in the doorway, she didn't even flinch. Her eyes were glued to the lifeless body that was laying on the bed. After a moment, she finally let out a breath. It was a shaky breath even though she hadn't meant for it to be since it would show emotion in a way and also her weakness since that was a factor in it too. "I'm as good as dead now." She thought as she turned away from the room and slowly moved to the only closed door in the hall, which she knew Kitt would be behind. She rapped on the door with her knuckles in a sort of gentle way but hard enough for him to hear. "Kitt..." She said softly, as a way of being gentle with him but also as a way to conserve energy. "Kitt, can I come in?"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2068 on: October 15, 2011, 05:00:57 AM »
Talin wasn't really bothered by how Korius treated him, but by how much he obsessed over trying to heal White. "So this is how it ends? White dies... and any attempt I make at healing is going to get me killed before it saves anyone. I'm still dealing with that my child is somewhere out there, probably still in his or her egg... and my wife is likely dead because I convinced her to come along. Now you're telling me that the white hair on my head is not a sign of me receiving my ancestor's magic, but a possible symptom of his power slowly killing me?" He gets up and dusts his hair off. "Give me one good reason, beyond 'destiny', on why I shouldn't just forget this whole ordeal and try to gather up the remains of my life."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2069 on: October 15, 2011, 12:58:01 PM »
At the sound of Kiana's voice Kitt drew in a shaky breath, stifling his sobs. With a sniff he wiped away his tears with one sleeve then slowly he pushed himself to his feet and pulled back the latch, letting the door swing open.

Kitt leaned against the nearest wall, looking down at his feet rather than to Kiana, glad for the fact that his hood was pulled up and hid the embarrassment that made his cheeks flush and the tears that swam in his eyes. He felt like a stupid child again, a stupid crying child, and the thought made his cheeks burn even more. Finally, when he knew he could not keep the sulky act going any longer, he glanced up towards Kiana from under his hood.