The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128850 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #2070 on: October 15, 2011, 07:53:54 PM »
Korius' tail didn't even move, slumped right against the ground, "The silver hair is you using power your body was never meant to handle. Your body was born with miniscule magic like almost everyone else, and over the years, that's what your body's used to. The gem is in your body, and that's what houses the magic power. When you try to use it, your body is overburdened, and will die just like a normal person trying to use magic. I guess to be more precise, the silver hair is a sign of Chronin taking over your body. Think of him as dark Ki. You tap that power, it takes over permanently. However, unlike me, you have no one to help you out of it, and it's possible you might kill everyone around you before anyone can even ATTEMPT to help you. Chronin Lazarus is the strongest mage in the history of Gaia. No one alive today has that kind of power, not even Kyzen himself."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #2071 on: October 15, 2011, 08:07:46 PM »
When the door was opened, Kiana stepped into the room then closed the door behind her. She sort of absentmindedly glanced around the room for a moment then looked over at Kitt. She knew he was upset, she didn't need to see his face to know that. When he finally glanced up at her, she figured it was okay to speak. "It's understandable to be upset, Kitt. I cried for a long time after my brother was killed...until I wouldn't let myself do it anymore." She said, though her tone was sort of flat. "Just because you're a male, doesn't mean you're not allowed to cry." Leaning back against the door for support, she could hear the voice of Talin and then the voice of Korius responding to him on the other side but she wasn't focusing enough to actually know what they were saying.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #2072 on: October 15, 2011, 10:02:57 PM »
Talin started to laugh, then it died even faster than it started. "Does this mean that my usefulness has hit a plateau? That all I'm good for in this group is just an extra blade? Kiana can build walls and probably houses, Kitt can hit a target long before we can even see it, even Drevo is starting to learn new things. You can probably shrug off boulders that are being thrown at you." He growled under his breath, trying to not lose whatever calm he currently maintained. "I need a drink..." He started walking out of the room, and out the inn.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #2073 on: October 16, 2011, 10:59:08 PM »
Drevo listened silently to the talking between Talin and Korius after he was flung into the wall. He barely noticed Kiana enter and leave. After Talin left he looked at Korius, then to White's body. "What're we going to do about his body?" he asked. Korius was really the last person he really wanted to talk to but there was no one else.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #2074 on: October 17, 2011, 07:02:34 PM »
"Its not just that..." Kitt turned his eyes down away from Kiana, breathing a deep sigh. "You guys are the only kind of family I have left now-" He faltered for a moment, breath catching in his throat, then continued. "Now I know my mother is dead as well as my father. This group is the only thing that keeps me going, it really hurts when another person is gone for good..."

He turned to look directly at Kiana, and now there was almost spite in his voice as he said "And you're injured... Don't deny it, I've seen how you clutch your side and are out of breath." The malice remained, unnerving in the young voice was that was normally joyous and care-free. "You're going to risk your death, simply because you are unwilling to accept help..."

Suddenly the anger in his voice was gone and was replaced with a choking sob. Kitt slumped down to the bottom of the wall "I don't want you to die as well Kiana... You're the closest I got to a mother any more, and I'm sure the rest of the group would agree." After this he broke into tears that rolled down his burning cheeks as he pulled his knees up to his chest.
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2075 on: October 18, 2011, 12:03:57 AM »
Korius remained solemn as Talin left, and the question from Drevo, "Clean and prepare him for burial. I can prepare a grave for him tonight. We'll bury him with the rising of the sun." He closed his eyes and took a deep breath before walking over to the window, jumping out. Korius landed onto the ground without problems and walked swiftly and silently towards Talin, catching up in seconds and placed a hand on his shoulder. "There is a way, but it will be extremely dangerous. I will say it right now that if it fails, I will not hesitate to kill you. Since all my Ki is now fully released, there is a special technique in which I can use now. Do you wish it?"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #2076 on: October 18, 2011, 01:22:00 AM »
Kiana looked down as she listened to Kitt at first, knowing it was best for him to say what he was feeling. When the tone of his voice changed, she looked at him again. In the same situation with anyone else, the person's head would probably have snapped up quickly at the tone of his voice but Kiana reacted calmly since she still knew he had to say what he felt the need to say. She didn't make any attempt to deny that she was hurt when he mentioned it. When he was finally on the floor and sobbing, she felt it was okay to speak again. "I don't want to die, Kitt, but there's not much I can do about my injury besides bandaging it somehow." She said with a low tone. After a moment of thought, she headed over to the bed and grabbed a hold of the sheets. She tore a large length of the sheet off then headed for the door. Opening it, she stepped out into the hallway. "There must be a place to wash up around here somewhere..." She muttered to herself then started down the hallway toward the stairs, almost seeming to have forgotten about Kitt.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #2077 on: October 18, 2011, 02:02:02 AM »
Talin thought about it, then nodded. "The sooner I can get a hold on this power, the sooner I can start healing the wounds like those that Kiana and I sustained after White's barrier." His eyes then showed remembrance as he reached into his cloak and held out a sphere covered in parchment. "Can you also tell me what these coverings are meant for? Like, if they are for keeping something in from getting out, or keeping anything out."
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 02:09:56 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #2078 on: October 18, 2011, 03:36:42 PM »
Drevo sighed before Korius left, he wasn't exactly thrilled about having to get White ready to be buried. He didn't want to be reminded of his failings. He left the room in search of a bucket of water and some rags. After finding them he returned and did his best to clean him up. He was beating himself up as he did so, blaming himself for what had happened. He had taken White's things and set them on the nightstand. Drevo was now outside the room next to the door slumped up against the wall with his hat over his face.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #2079 on: October 18, 2011, 07:02:07 PM »
Kitt walked out of the room after a short while, forcefully wiping the tears away from his cheeks with one sleeve. He sighed and walked into White's room, glancing away from his motionless form, and searched for his crossbow.

The weapon had slid to the other side of the room, lying on the floorboards in a sad state. The string had snapped in two, letting the strong arms of the bow to straighten out. Kitt knelt down to pick it up and sighed an even deeper sigh. His father would have scorned him for such treatment of a ranger's bow, and it was only at a flutter of wings from Evellyn that Kitt glanced up from checking the reloading mechanism for damage.

Evellyn sat at the end of White's bed, one gold eye watching Kitt steadily. She watched as Kitt pressed two fingers to White's palm and muttered a farewell, then walked back out into the corridor with his hood up.
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2080 on: October 20, 2011, 12:43:41 AM »
Korius examined the little sphere with his senses and his face turned grim as he pushed Talin's hand back. "I'll just say this. Only remove the scriptures if you're on the brink of dying. I seriously mean that you only release this when you are knocking on death's door. I am going to collect and set up some candles at the demolished portion of town. Meet me there in 20 minutes. Head back to the inn and drop off all your armor, I want you at my location with just your trousers. Also, tell Kiana to be there in 10 minutes before you have to. I will do something about her wounds, and be sure to bring Drevo with you when you come and meet me. So tell him to finish his duties quickly, and to be dressed in just his covering." With that, Korius seemed to just disappear, searching all over the town for candles. In a matter of 4 minutes, he had fully covered every centimeter of the massive habitation around the large castle, and only turned up with 13 candles. It looks like I'll have to work very quickly. Korius made his way to the demolished section of the town that was closest to the inn, about 10 meters away, but hidden behind some of the tallest buildings in town, within the middle of the business section. He took a deep breath and released his Ki as if he was about to battle, blowing all the debris away to clear the area. Korius then drew 3 circles into the ground: One 4 meters in diameter, one 7 meters, and the last one 10 meters in diameter. He then proceeded to place 24 wood blocks on the 2 outer circles, none of them overlapping, and all evenly spaced. In the very center, he placed one more, putting the shortest candle onto it. Korius then broke the other 12 candles in half and placing them on all the other little stands. Finally, Korius took an abandoned mattress and cut it in half with the katana, and placed them evenly between the inner circle and the candle, facing each other. There was 1 minute left until Kiana was to meet him. Korius took one of the sai and slashed it against the stone wall of one of the buildings while holding an old torch that was in the area and got it lit. He then placed it a hole in the building so that the torch stood upright and went to kneel on one of the pads, using his Ki to avert the flame across the court to light the center candle just as Kiana arrived.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2081 on: October 20, 2011, 01:02:35 AM »
Kiana had found a washroom of sorts in the inn and cleaned her wound before wrapping the strip of sheet securely around her midsection. She had just covered herself up when Talin found her and told her that she needed to meet Korius at the demolished portion of town. She didn't question why she needed to go and instead just acknowledged what she was told she needed to do then left the inn. Ten minutes was just enough time for her to get there at her slower, injured pace. She came upon the place where she was to meet Korius just in time for a candle in the center of the area to be lit. Directing her eyes towards Korius, she felt a pang of something inside her but she wasn't sure what caused it. "You wanted to see me?" She asked, trying to straighten up but deciding against it since it hurt to do so. She certainly looked weak and run-down. Her posture was different than her usual posture she maintained when she was strong and self-assured. Now, she just looked frail, like she would collapse at any second.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 01:04:42 AM by VeeSmith: His Wolfy »

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2082 on: October 20, 2011, 01:57:22 AM »
Korius nodded, gesturing to the mattress across from him, "Yes, please remove your cloak and your upper clothing and kneel on the other pad. Whichever direction you face is up to you. Just let me know when you're ready because I'm going to treat your wounds." He closed his eyes and relaxed his whole body, expanding his senses and released all of his Ki, but this time letting out a more tranquil environment instead of the destructive and blood-curling feeling that had been up until now.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2083 on: October 20, 2011, 02:28:50 AM »
Kiana nodded and moved to the other pad, standing by it facing away from Korius. It didn't really matter since he had already seen her pretty much stark naked but she was still uncomfortable with it. She took of her cloak and set it on the pad beside her. She then took off the rest of her upper clothing then unwrapped the bandage she had put around her midsection. After that, she moved sideways and knelt down on the pad, still facing away from Korius, and took a deep breath to try to relax herself. "Alright...go ahead..."
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 02:30:42 AM by VeeSmith: His Wolfy »

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2084 on: October 20, 2011, 02:41:16 AM »
Korius kept his eyes closed, seeing her majicka rather than her physically and took a deep breath, "Try your best to remain calm, this is going to sting a bit, but try to relax all the muscles in your body." He lifted his hands and fully extended his arms out, and used his Ki and took the flame from the center candle, and made it grow and lit all the other candles around him. Since I can make out that ponytail of her's, I'm guessing she's facing away from me. Korius then motioned his arms in different motions which to any outsider would seem like martial arts training and the flames from each different candle followed his motion to Kiana's body. At first, the flames hit certain pressure points around the wound. Next, with the quick manipulation with his fingers, too, the flames directed right against the edges of the wound, slowly getting closer and closer to the center. When Korius was finished, he quickly made a full motion of his arms and the flames completely came off the candles, forming into a ball over them, and he clapped his hands together, dispersing it into nothing. Korius was sweating profusely as he leveled his breathing, maintaining control of himself. "Get dressed quickly. Talin and Drevo will be here in 2 minutes. Take a rest tonight, and do not drink any water until sunrise."