The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128856 times)

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #2085 on: October 20, 2011, 02:57:16 AM »
Kiana's heart started to race when she saw the fire coming towards her, so she quickly closed her eyes and tried to think of something else. When the fire hit her the first time, she gritted her teeth some. It was when they moved on to her wound that her hands balled into fists and she started focusing on her breathing in an attempt to forget what was happening. When Korius clapped his hands together, she jumped slightly and her eyes opened. She didn't need any more motivation than that of being told that Talin and Drevo would be there soon to make sure she dressed as fast as she could. Once she was done redressing, she got up from the pad slowly. "Thanks..." She said, glancing over at Korius. She wondered what he needed to see Talin and Drevo for since they weren't injured. At any rate, she didn't feel like walking back to the inn at the moment so she walked over the edge of the area, sitting down on a rock piece of a building.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #2086 on: October 20, 2011, 03:19:08 AM »
Talin kept his leggings on, even taking the tie out of his hair as he told Drevo what Korius wanted. He wasn't sure why Drevo needed to only wear a covering, but he respected their leader's knowledge enough to follow his commands to a 't'. Arriving a minute ahead of time, Talin stopped as he entered the area Korius set up and waited on Drevo. The moment he caught up, Talin quickly made his way to Korius and took a deep breath as he looked him in the eyes. "Should I have just been nude, or are my leggings acceptable?"
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 02:37:36 PM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #2087 on: October 20, 2011, 05:06:03 PM »
Drevo was not thrilled with what Talin had relayed to him. He didn't care to make any schedule of Korius' and took his sweet time in getting there showing up several minutes after Talin. Eventually he stripped down into the requested attire and felt a patch of missing fur on his chest. It was a scar from their earlier battle where he was impaled. He kept his hat on and looked to where Korius was seeing Kiana. "What the hell is on his mind this time..."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #2088 on: October 21, 2011, 03:23:46 PM »
Kitt did not mind that he had been left alone, while everyone else had gone elsewhere. For him his world now revolved around the broken form of his crossbow. It lay on the floor of the room he had taken for his own, surrounded by the tools and spare parts that normally sat wrapped in an oilskin at the bottom of his bag.

With a sigh he gripped one end of a bowstring between his teeth, hooking the other end over one of the arms of the crossbow. Evellyn watched him from her perch on the end of the bed, clicking her beak impatiently. Kitt huffed another sigh and muttered past the string in his mouth "Jus- oo wait a moment... stupi' bird." He dropped the bow and string with a clatter, frustrated. It was incredibly difficult to restring a repeater crossbow, made no easier by Evellyn constantly ruffling her feathers...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #2089 on: October 21, 2011, 05:53:01 PM »
Korius shook his head, "No, you don't have to be. What's going to be done is going to revolve around your upper body, so just sit cross-legged on the opposite pad and face the same direction as myself." He wondered where Drevo was, not seeing him enter the area with Talin. "Where the hell is that punching bag?"

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2090 on: October 21, 2011, 09:27:46 PM »
Drevo stood and watched the others, when Korius mentioned him being a punching bag he scowled at him. "I'm right here, meat sack. Guess your Ki is blinding you too? Or maybe you're just getting too old for this." he said. The thought of being called a punching bag didn't send positive ideas through his head.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #2091 on: October 22, 2011, 01:19:32 AM »
Kiana was relieved when Korius reassured Talin that he didn't need to be nude since that was something she didn't care to see. Drevo's remarks to Korius irritated her so, against Korius' order to relax for the night, she projected a palm-size rock at Drevo, hitting him in the head. She didn't say a word though and just kept looking in the direction of where Korius was waiting for Talin to follow his directions. She remembered Drevo's smirk from earlier when she didn't do anything when he had told her to "go ahead" and eventually she would get him back for that show of smug attitude but the rock was just in response to how he was acting at the present moment.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2092 on: October 22, 2011, 02:04:57 AM »
Talin nodded, sitting down on the pad with crossed legs with his back facing Korius. "I imagine that I won't be conscious for the most of this, but I'm not exactly the smart one of the group." He stretched his arms back, and yawned before returning to his meditative state.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2093 on: October 22, 2011, 02:35:40 AM »
"Don't worry. You're not getting what Drevo's going to get." Korius took a deep breath and raised his Ki, lighting all the candles again, having made the little flame in the center candle into a large stream of flames. "Majicka was first recorded in history nearly 20,000 years ago when civilizations were born. It was said that once the masses finally organized and gained intelligence, they discovered that some people had the ability to manipulate different aspects of nature, and some even created." He continued his lecture as he brought the flames from each candle and hit different pressure points throughout Talin's back, and in varying sizes at different times. "Soon, the magic users started a war with those who couldn't, and tried to lay dominion over them. Over that time, research was done on Majicka, and they found that it was the essential life-energy we all have, where those who can use magic merely had an extreme over-abundance of it where everyone else had just enough to live. Throughout the long war, many non-magic fighters, masters of martial arts combined their knowledge and teachings with the research of Majicka. The end result was Ki and Chakra, which had an even smaller number of success. Each was strong in its own right, but it was thought that despite how powerful Majicka could get, it was deemed less refined compared to the other two, and Ki was placed at the time. The ability to sense another's power was a sign. Majicka users were able to sense other Majicka users, feeling and sometimes seeing, the over abundance of flowing life energy. However, they can't sense Chakra and Ki users since they have as much Majicka as any other normal person. However, Chakra takes the elements like a Majicka user, but the ability is unlocked by constant training and one's refinement, sensing each other and Majicka users. Those like Hajime can tell Ki users based on her combat experience over long years of bloodshed. Ki users went the step further, making them the rarest in the world. Instead of using elements, they enhance their own life energy with a non-elemental power. However, a person's element is essentially still portrayed, but merely in style, not in application." While explaining, a cracked, black and clear gem emerged from Talin's back, and stayed only half exposed, glowing brightly, seeing light for the first time in decades. Korius then concentrated the flames to the edge of the gem and finally brought all the flames off the outer 24 candles and into a ball, but instead of dispersing it, Korius elongated it into a Voronese dragon and it flew right into the gem. After he was finished, Korius nearly collapsed, sweating heavily and trying to catch his breath.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2094 on: October 22, 2011, 02:47:06 AM »
When Kiana hurled a rock at him it hit him in the face, stumbling back a bit holding his face. "Ow!" he grunted. After silently grumbling to himself he stood back and watched Korius work his magic and explain the history of magic. When he got the the chakra part it made him think of Ferdande, then Alicia. His mind drifted back to when they were young and none of this stuff was happening.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2095 on: October 22, 2011, 02:23:16 PM »
Talin kept his eyes downward as Korius lectured on the history of magic, trying to focus on the lesson despite the flames coming towards him and Korius hitting him in various points on his body. He found it somewhat bearable until he felt something move around his flesh and bones, the sensation making it clear that something happened to his back. His breathing became more labored as Korius called the other flames over and judging by the sudden raise in temperature, had sent them into the source of the sensation. If he had to describe what the oncoming sensation was like, he would have likened it to having a burn spread from his back to every inch of his being. When Korius finished, Talin simply looked behind him and did a rather pathetic smirk. "Am I done, or was the burn just a forewarning?"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2096 on: October 22, 2011, 08:15:45 PM »
Korius gathered himself as best as he could and got back up, "If you're able to say something like that and look just as stupid, you'll be fine. This is the first time I've done something this extensive so you'll have to excuse, but I've brought out the gem in your body that's been passed down from offspring to offspring. I have made it a part of your flesh, and part of its stored Majicka is now a part of you. What I did initially was open the channels in your body so that it can withstand the Majicka flow. However, don't celebrate just yet. It will take a long time for you to be able to use even the simplest spell without killing yourself, or letting Chronin take over your body. But in time, it will hopefully allow you to use spells later down the line. Now... I think I've rested enough. Get up and dressed to make way for Drevo."

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2097 on: October 22, 2011, 11:33:51 PM »
Drevo snapped back to reality when he heard his name. He cracked his knuckles and waited for Talin to get up, since obviously it was his turn for whatever was going to go down. He walked over to where he was sitting, he was already ready to get this over with. The more he was near Korius the more he wanted to kill him.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2098 on: October 23, 2011, 01:37:01 AM »
Talin, despite Korius warning him to not celebrate 'just yet', could not help but get watery eyed as he hugged the bigger wolf. "Man Korius, you're making me wish I had an older brother so you could replace him!!" Fortunately, the hug was over before Korius could even attempt to retaliate, and the perpetrator was already on the run towards the inn.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2099 on: October 23, 2011, 02:28:27 AM »
Drevo sat down when Talin got up. He watched as he attacked Korius with a ninja hug and ran off. He didn't know his story all to well, so he wasn't all too sure what he was so excited about. He glared at Korius from his sitting position. "Maybe he's finally going to put me out of my misery. Or maybe he working with Kiana to plot my payback." he thought.