The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128860 times)

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #2115 on: October 29, 2011, 09:14:31 PM »
As Drevo slept, he dreamed. The group was in some dimly lit barroom. Korius, Kiana and Drevo were facing a hooded feline with a crossbow. Suddenly the crossbow went off, hitting  Kiana in the chest. There were no clear words, rather muffled shouts. Korius took Kiana in his arms as Drevo tackled the feline, taking a bolt to the shoulder. The dream shifted then, it was a picture of his hometown. Everything was perfect and nothing seemed wrong, a bird suddenly flew over the town. Looking back at the town it was in ruins, burned to the ground. If Drevo were able, he would be tossing and turning in his sleep.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #2116 on: October 31, 2011, 04:17:13 PM »
Kitt watched the goings on at the rooftops between Kiana and Talin curiously, fetching the crossbow bolts from where they were embedded in the wooden targets and dropping them into a quarrel to be reloaded into a wooden stack later. He grinned as the small rock smacked Talin in the back of the head, walking back into the Inn with a backwards glance up at the two of them, wondering what Talin had said to invoke Kiana's wrath again.

The bedroom was cold, and the walk to it had taken Kitt past White's room again, so he lay on his bed fully clothed. Curling up with the sheets close around him he sheltered what warmth he had and slowly dozed off into a dreamless and light sleep.
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #2117 on: November 01, 2011, 04:15:49 PM »
When Talin came back, she looked up at him then out across the town again. "D) None of the above." She said calmly. "Just stay out of my personal life. I had the courtesy to stay out of yours." Even though she wanted to go inside and go to sleep, she stayed seated on the roof in case Talin had anything he wanted to say. What she said was nowhere near being an attack or tease about Talin's wife not being around.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #2118 on: November 01, 2011, 09:14:31 PM »
Talin cupped his chin as he thought it over. "You know, I thought it was a running joke that started at the village, but since it is now personal, I'll respect your wishes and keep out. Hope it works out..." He gave her a gentlemanly bow before turning around and resuming his rooftop shenanigans.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #2119 on: November 02, 2011, 03:22:08 PM »
Korius' eyes shot open the next morning at dawn, his body mostly recovered. He got up and left the city limits in search of some wildlife to have for breakfast as well as trying to find herbs and roots to try to help ease some of the pain Drevo was about to go through. However, Korius' was more worried about how Drevo would respond to the treatment. The night before, he had forcefully opened all of Drevo's Ki channels, allowing him to allocate it. But the problem laid within the fact that 95% people of his level who have this procedure done to them either 100% lose to their dark side, or their bodies couldn't handle it and broke down as the Ki destroyed them internally, and tore open from within.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #2120 on: November 02, 2011, 03:45:40 PM »
Kiana hadn't meant for what she said to make it sound like there really was something personal between her and Korius. She had only meant that Talin, or anyone else in the group for that matter, shouldn't be trying to figure out her personal life or tease her about things they thought were true about her and somebody else. There was no point in explaining that to Talin though, she knew that, so she didn't bother to stop him and try. She went back into the inn through the window then closed it. Going over to the door to the room, she closed it before going to bed.

The next morning she woke up at around sunrise and stared at the ceiling for a little bit. With a sigh, she finally pushed off the covers and got up. She redressed and re-did her braid so their weren't pieces of hair sticking out randomly. She left the room and went downstairs in the inn, sitting down at one of the tables.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2121 on: November 04, 2011, 01:50:38 PM »
Talin continued to jump from roof to roof, getting more and more reckless as he tried to stress his body into exhaustion. When he got tired enough, he simply jumped off the roof he was on and made his way back to the Inn. He tried to sense the presence of anyone else, but he could only locate his own group during his entire walk to the Inn. So he simply turned off his mind and walked up the stairs before crashing on his bed.

The next morning he picked up his volge, parchment covered orb, and his satchel of needles. He walked down the stairs and sat in a lone chair, twirling a needle in his hand while waiting on Kitt and Drevo.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2122 on: November 04, 2011, 11:45:32 PM »
Drevo woke up and immediately groaned. He looked around seeing no one in the room, he tried to adjust his hat, which wasn't on his head but his arm fell limp and back down on the bed. "Ow..." he said. "What the hell did that bastard do to me...?" he groaned. He tried to move again but to no avail. He barely managed to move his leg. "Ow...I guess he's going to try and kill me...Lets just see him try..." he thought, eying the room to see what he could muster in form of defense.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2123 on: November 05, 2011, 09:37:52 PM »
Kitt woke with a groan and rolled off the side of his bed. The floor rushed up to meet him, landing a loud thump on the floorboards that was followed a moment later by a muffled yelp of pain. It was several minutes before the young feline had finally disentangled himself from the bed-sheets and gathered up his equipment, proffering an arm to Evellyn before he left the room and went downstairs.

He yawned widely as he walked into the downstairs part of the Inn, running fingers through his hair and sitting down in the nearest empty seat. Kitt glanced up to Talin and, amid another yawn, said "G'morning..."

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2124 on: November 05, 2011, 10:43:04 PM »
Korius had found a few rabbits and had gone back to the inn about the time Kitt had come out, and dropped the rabbits between the two of them. "Try cooking these. I usually just use the open flame and char them. We can't leave for a couple days. Drevo's treatment will put him through the worst kind of suffering for two days. It might be sooner, though, if he dies from it." Meanwhile, as Drevo laid his head back, his muscles felt as if they were tightening with swelling and felt like they were tearing while every breath felt like needles against his lungs.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2125 on: November 06, 2011, 12:24:54 AM »
Kiana sat there in silence as she watched Talin come down and sat down away from her. She didn't say anything to him and looked down at the table. She looked up when she heard someone coming down the stairs and watched as Kitt came down then sat in the closest empty seat by Talin, speaking only to him. Shrugging it off, she just looked over to Korius since he had just come in as well and watched the two dead rabbits hit the table between the Talin and Kitt. When Drevo was mentioned, she lifted her eyes and looked up at the ceiling. Grimacing, she looked back down at the table.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2126 on: November 08, 2011, 02:07:46 AM »
Talin looked up at Kitt when he spoke, and put the needle away before speaking up. "Good morning to you as well Kitt." He then focused his attention on their leader, who had just dumped two dead rabbits on the table. He picked up both rabbits and was off to the kitchen as Korius started talking about Drevo. He grabbed some flint and went out the back to get some firewood and tindle. When he started the fire, he washed his hands before cutting up the rabbits with a small knife. He got out a large pan and placed it on the stove, quickly placing the rabbit meat onto the pan and seasoning it with some leftover salt and pepper.

In a matter of ten to fifteen minutes, Talin had come back out with some gloves on as he placed the pan onto the counter with a cooling mat underneath. He picked up three pieces and walked back to his seat without a word as his mouth began chewing the first morsel.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2127 on: November 08, 2011, 02:40:00 AM »
Pain suddenly raced through Drevo's body. His muscles tensed up and when he groaned from the sudden pain it hurt more. He jolted from the pain and fell from the bed. "Ah! Damnit!" he barked as he fell. Pain continued to intrude on his body, falling sure as hell didn't help. Face first he was stuck on his chest in pain, unable to move.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2128 on: November 08, 2011, 09:06:38 PM »
Kitt muttered a good morning to Kiana as well, not meeting her eyes as he spoke and remaining in silence as he waited while Talin cooked up the rabbits.

When Talin emerged with the cooked rabbit Kitt  leaped up to get some of it, tearing into the meat happily. He sighed and rolled his eyes, then finally gave a small strip of the meat to Evellyn. The falcon, who had been nipping at his ear the whole time that he was eating, swallowed the meat with equal gusto and click of her beak.

Kitt walked over to the Inn entrance, holding out his arm he shook Evellyn off. "Go on, you can hunt for your food..." The bird took off with a flutter and shriek, flying high into the air. Kitt turned and walked back into the Inn, still not meeting Kiana's eyes as he sat down and ate the rest of his rabbit.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2129 on: November 08, 2011, 11:57:14 PM »
Korius stood up and hopped down from the roof, landing next to Kiana, "I'd like to talk with you for a bit. Meet me on the shattered section of the inner wall in about an hour. *raises his voice after turning to Kitt and Talin* You guys go ahead and eat with Kiana without me. I've already had some food this morning." He walked away, disappearing behind a few buildings.