The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128865 times)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #2160 on: November 24, 2011, 11:18:01 PM »
Kitt couldn't help but grin at Talin's last comment, eyes flicking away to the ground as he scratched his chin absentmindedly. It still rather annoyed him how he had seemingly lost three or four years of his life. He sighed, being reminded he was very much still a child in his mind, despite how he looked physically now wrenched at his gut with a cold grasp.

"I wish that I didn't have to try and catch up with my age so quickly. I guess its how you would normally feel when you lose your childhood, but ten times faster... Like your constantly racing to catch up and be someone I really dont feel I am." He sighed again and shrugged. "I just still feel like a kid, but everyone expects me to suddenly be like my father..."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #2161 on: November 25, 2011, 07:19:57 PM »
Korius normally wouldn't have turned from his work when someone asked him a question, but since it was Kiana, he did. He quickly turned back to his work, blushing a little at seeing her with her hair down and loose. It actually looked quite alluring, and feelings that had long since been dormant within him had began to resurface. Korius sighed as he stopped grinding some of the herbs and wiped the sweat from his brow before pointing at some of the herbs, "If you can, I need those three crushed together in one bowl and the other two in another. I need all four groups separated, so be sure not to even get a spec mixed in with another. I'm going to skewer our lunch and dinner."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #2162 on: November 26, 2011, 12:59:42 AM »
Kiana got up from her seat and went over to where Korius was taking care of some of the herbs. Grabbing the three herbs that needed to be ground together, she put them in a bowl and slowly ground them up. Once she was done with that, she took the other two herbs and put them in a different bowl. She began to grind them together, glancing at Korius then looking back down at the herbs she was grinding up.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #2163 on: November 27, 2011, 02:15:45 AM »
Talin flicked Kitt's forehead when he finished speaking. "I'm not expecting you to be like your father, though he was a great ranger in his own right. I want you to be better than him, while also being your own person." He puffed his chest out and looked at the ceiling as if he could see the horizon through it. "I want to say that it was Kitt the Ranger, not Kitt the son of the Ranger, that made it possible for us to survive this long."
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 02:17:18 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2164 on: November 27, 2011, 05:38:30 PM »
Kitt grinned and rubbed his upper arm "Thanks Talin..." He scuffed his boot against the wooden floorboards, tail flicking as his smile grew "And I will be able to say it was Talin the dragonkin who fought alongside me every step of the way."

Still grinning Kitt pulled down his hood and ran a hand through his scruffy hair, feeling that it was getting a bit long and could do with cutting with his knife again. Snapping back to the conversation from this thought he clasped the pommel of his sheathed sword with one hand and muttered "I'll make my parents proud... Show them I can make a true Ranger and that we will get through this together and alive. All of us... Perhaps even Drevo." At this last bit he grinned and stuck out his tongue childishly, as if to make up for the serious nature of the conversation.

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2165 on: November 27, 2011, 09:35:42 PM »
Korius started cutting up the meat with a cleaned rusty knife that he had found, but gave up and took out the katana. Forgive me for using your weapon in such a manner. He closed his eyes for a second, evening his breathing out and exhaled slowly, taking the stance, Shadow Kill Strike: Wind Form. As if he didn't move, the katana swung swiftly, not even visible to the naked eye, and you could hear the clink of the katana when it was sheathed again. The deer carcass slowly fell into pieces, no blood spilling over the floor as the innards fell separate. He slowly picked up the pieces that were edible and stacked them on a single table, "When you're done, do you want to get some wood and bring it into the kitchen? I used up all the logs they didn't bring with them on the stew last night."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #2166 on: November 27, 2011, 10:19:59 PM »
Kiana paid no mind to what Korius was doing even though she heard him unsheathe the katana. Looking over, she saw the carcass now in pieces and figured that he had used one of his Ki forms to do it. She had just finished grinding up the second set of herbs when he started to tell her what she could do when she was done. "Okay." She said, setting down the bowl. Turning around, she headed out of the inn and went in search of wood.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2167 on: November 28, 2011, 12:36:43 AM »
Talin sighed at Kitt's cheekiness, considering on how to either play along or completely block his attempt at humor. "Y'know, Drevo is still useful even though both Korius and Kiana seem to enjoy at least making him suffer. Just imagine, if Drevo dies... who is going to buffer the moments where Kiana and Korius decide to 'discipline' the rest of us?"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2168 on: November 28, 2011, 09:44:55 PM »
Kitt snapped backed to serious with only slight resentment, sighing "You know I was only kidding... Drevo is just as much the reason why we have survived this long as any of us..." He drummed his claws on the hilt of his sword, tail flicking "...Actually, I think Drevo is probably one of the strongest people in our group. Despite everything, he does keep going, and you can always rely on him in a fight."

With a huffed sigh Kitt turned and started off towards the stairs. He spoke over his shoulder, pulling his hood back up "I'm off for some more archery, this guardian's handbow is still a pain to use. I need to practice with it some more before I will feel confident I can actually hit anything."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2169 on: November 29, 2011, 12:55:08 AM »
Korius sighed after sorting all the meat, "Well, shit. I did not think this one through very well. Too many organs, and even the most careful of people couldn't transport them without rupturing one of those and making a mess. Well, might as well just move it to the side since we're not staying for much longer." He moved off the organs and the head into a corner and had heard Drevo upstairs. Korius traversed upstairs and walked into the room, Drevo on the floor. He stood over him and probed him in various places on his body to check his vitals. Korius finally crouched down and pulled Drevo's head up by the hair, "Well it looks like your body can't handle it after all." Skin was tearing in various areas around Drevo's body now, and blood was squirting from them. Korius let go of Drevo's hair and kicked him over onto his back and placed a hand on his chest. After a couple seconds, he lifted his hand slowly and a large, glowing blue ball emerged slowly from Drevo's chest. "I thought that if I were to unlock your Ki channels and insert some of my own, you would be able to become stronger. However, your body can't handle it, and if I don't take it out soon, it'll destroy your body..." The ball was half way out of Drevo's body, and the light could be seen from well outside of the inn through the window.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2170 on: November 29, 2011, 02:07:19 AM »
Kiana wandered around the town, picking up random pieces of wood from ruined buildings or food carts. While she walked around she thought about a relationship with Korius, but shook her head to get the thought away. They both had feelings for each other and that was all there was to it at the moment. She needed to keep her mind off of that distraction. She was on her way back to the inn when she saw the light in one of the windows of the building, knowing it was Drevo's room. "What's he doing to him now?" She said to herself as she continued to the inn and went inside, setting the wood down.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #2171 on: November 29, 2011, 02:21:21 AM »
Drevo had managed to fall on the floor again. Shortly after that Korius came in and began to mess with him. When he began to take out the Ki he suddenly grabbed Korius' wrist, not letting him continue. "Like hell you do..." he grumbled. "This is nothing! I'll be damned if I let you kill me like this..." he continued with a fire in his eye. The pain seemed to vanish in these few moments as the act transpired. He pulled on Korius' wrist, trying to get him to put the energ back in him.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2172 on: November 30, 2011, 12:21:43 AM »
Korius clenched a fist and the Ki slowly started lowering back into Drevo, and he wrenched his hand away. Due to the reintroduction of the Ki being forced back into his body, it already began to tear again and the flood started flying. "There's no longer anything I can do for you, then. From what I can see, your chances of survival is less than 10%. I've made two mistakes in this time with you. The first was to force Ki into you so that you may become stronger. The second was reforming my ways. You chose to not let me remove the Ki from your body, and you will have to be responsible for the consequences." Without another word, he left the room, heading downstairs in time to see Kiana's return. "Hi... want to help me with the cooking?"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2173 on: November 30, 2011, 12:36:23 AM »
Kiana absentmindedly looked around the place while she half-listened to what was being said upstairs. "Oh, so Drevo's trying to be better but is failing and actually really being completely stupid again." She muttered to herself. When she heard someone coming down the stairs, she looked over to see Korius. "Sure. It's better than just sitting here being bored." She responded to him.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2174 on: November 30, 2011, 03:43:12 AM »
Talin let Kitt walk away without saying anything more, following him downstairs and dodging Korius as he went up. He sat down by one of the tables and perked his ears at Kiana's mumbling while also hearing what Korius told Drevo. When Korius came back downstairs and talked to Kiana, Talin took in a deep breath and gathered the remaining idiocy in his mentality to act as a buffer for his would-be-nervous question. "Do you think that White would mind me reading any leftover books of healing or barrier magic he might have?"