The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128875 times)

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #2175 on: December 01, 2011, 03:50:25 PM »
Drevo scoffed after Korius left. "I'll be damned if I die before I get my hands on Elistro..." he thought to himself. "I will become stronger...I'll get through this...This is nothing..." he continued in his head. He was lying to himself, the pain was excruciating. He laughed though it hurt, he was on the floor again, this time in worse condition. He made a note to whoever walked in next, he would ask them to just put a pillow on the ground.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 12:25:13 AM by Srgntcuddles »

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #2176 on: December 01, 2011, 09:20:35 PM »
Kitt wandered out of the Inn back to where he had set up the targets or archery practice, drawing the Guardian's repeater handbow instead of his own Ranger's crossbow. With a slight grunt at the weight, and a moment to accustom himself to the weapon again, he drew the bow and loosed a bolt.

His archery technique went from excellent to downright sloppy with the transition to the handbow. The general effect was frustration, a wavering aim and aching shoulders and arms. Kitt dropped the handbow to his side for a moment, looking over the smashed up wooden targets.

The bow was undeniably powerfull and an amazing spectacle of Ranger's bowmanship. Balanced perfectly and made to last a century, Kitt considered the handbow a beautiful weapon, but the sheer weight of it took its toll on anyone with a physique lesser than Korius or a Guardian.
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #2177 on: December 06, 2011, 02:26:33 AM »
Korius smiled a little and walked over to the kitchen with the food and dropped the smaller bits in the large pot and the large slabs on the iron grill that was only recently cleaned. "If you can, it'd be nice if you can watch the water and make sure it doesn't bubble over. Let it steam and fizz a little, but once it looks like a witch's cauldron, use some of your earth magic and smother some of the fire. I'll place the herbs in a bowl out front. I'll need some hot water once it gets to the proper heat." He tossed some of the wood under both cooking apparatuses and lit them with the flint and walked out. While gathering up the herbs into a bowl, he looked over at Talin to answer his question, "That's highly doubtful. From what I remember, the library is locked to everyone but White, whose majicka is the key. Unfortunately, only Vo is able to undo the lock, being the fabricator."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #2178 on: December 06, 2011, 03:06:35 AM »
Kiana listened to Korius' instructions on what he wanted to do. "Watching water boil, huh?" She said as she watched Korius light the fire. "I take back what I said about being bored..." She watched as Korius left the room to get the herbs. She pulled over a stool and sat down on it as she watched the fire and the water in the pot. Holding her staff in front of her, she tapped it on the floor in a random rhythm in an attempt to entertain herself.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #2179 on: December 06, 2011, 04:51:52 AM »
Talin grumbled in response, fiddling with his needle for some time before getting up and walking out the Inn. He heard the sound of Kitt's bolts hitting some wood with a heavy thunk, and fancied a peek at the Ranger's practice. When he finally reached him, he noticed the handbow was weighing heavily on Kitt's arm. "Kitt, you need more basic training in your arms and shoulders if you want to make proper use of that weapon."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2180 on: December 06, 2011, 06:37:29 PM »
Kitt huffed a sigh and dropped the bow to the ground. With his hand now free he pushed up his sleeve and then tensed his arm, giving a frown of annoyance and muttering "Huh... What hope do I have Talin? Korius can only just fire this bow with one hand, and I can barely hold it up with two." Physically Kitt's strength and the amount of muscle visible on his body had increased during the magically-induced ageing, but nevertheless he still had a lean figure. His father had definitely had much more upper body strength than he did and Kitt frowned at the thought. "Its probably thanks to my mother's side of the family... The Szarda clan are well known for being some of the strongest Rangers. The Esha clan however are more of the sneaky type, they tended to favor agile and quick-footed members over those that had greater strength." He rolled his sleeve back down and sighed again, kicking up dust with his boots and flicking his tail impatiently.

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2181 on: December 07, 2011, 12:41:37 AM »
Korius came back after getting all of the herbs in a single bowl and stood by Kiana, "Wouldn't it be nice when life calms down like this every day? I just hope we'll all survive long enough to see it." Soon, he could hear the sizzling and started checking the large slabs of deer meat, and flipped them occasionally, keeping it even. Finally, he left it to go for a while and noticed the water steaming hot with little bubbles. Korius walked over and took the old, wooden ladle and filled the bowl with the water, mixing it all up with the herbs, turning the wet soup-like bowl into a bowl of a thick paste. "I'll be back in a few minutes. Please turn the meat in about 2 minutes and make sure this doesn't get too boiled up."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #2182 on: December 07, 2011, 01:45:54 AM »
Kiana looked over at Korius when he came back then looked back towards the pots. "I guess so. But I could still use a little excitement every now and then." She responded to Korius asking if it would be nice for life to be calm like it was at that moment, every day. She watched him tend to the meat and then take care of the herbs. She watched as he left again, nodding at what he wanted her to do. After she estimated that two minutes had passed, she flipped over the meat. When it was boiling to much, she put a little earth on the fire to calm it down a bit.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2183 on: December 08, 2011, 04:35:18 PM »
The Wolfkin picked up a rock, tossing it around before throwing it at a nearby wall and shattering it before looking at Kitt. "I come from a cursed line that is still haunted by its High Mage ancestor to this day, and I'm a dragoon with almost little to no affinity for magic." He strolled over and picked up the hand bow, dusting it off and handing it to Kitt. "You're a ranger that apparently is the hybrid of the strongest and most agile of your generation, you just need to put in some hard work to strengthen your body, and your ancestry will cover the rest."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2184 on: December 08, 2011, 09:39:01 PM »
Kitt couldn't help but give the slightest grin when Talin finished. He rubbed his upper arm awkwardly and took the handbow, tail flicking as he said "Well... Could you, sort of... Help?" His tail still flicked in an awkward manner, reflected in the way Kitt glanced at Talin from out of the corners of his eyes and shrugged. "With the training I mean. My father taught me how best to train at archery, but that was all really. What with being constantly on the road he barely had time to do that properly, let alone any other training besides some basic swordplay and wilderness survival."

Kitt stowed the handbow away into its bag and slipped it over his shoulder along with his repeater crossbow. "I just reckon you would be the best person to show me how I can train well. At least, you or Korius... But Korius kinda scares me sometimes."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2185 on: December 14, 2011, 04:49:22 PM »
Korius went upstairs to Drevo's room and found him writhing in pain, the floor already soaked in his blood. He walked over to Drevo with the paste and held Drevo down by the neck, lathering the paste all over Drevo's body until it was all gone. The paste hardened within seconds and Drevo finally stopped moving. However, it wasn't long before the hardened paste began to crack as Drevo's body continued to strongly reject the Ki. That's the best I can do for you. I bought you an extra minute or two at the most. The rest is up to you...

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2186 on: December 15, 2011, 03:44:55 AM »
Talin wisely nodded, looking around the back for some useful form of lifting weight, and picking up a cracked cauldron for Kitt to lift. He did not bring it to Kitt right away, as he went to another side to get some stones to drop to the bottom. He made it seem rather easy as he lifted it up and placed it right in front of Kitt. But if he picked it up, it would almost weigh thrice as much as the handbow. "Your training will start with lifting this cauldron. I don't expect you to lift it on the first try, but after you're done with this, the handbow should feel lighter than your repeating crossbow with your current strength." He seemed to be forgetting something, then smiled and snapped his fingers. "Thats right, if you don't lift it on your third attempt, you owe me fifty push-ups before resting your arms."
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 05:33:30 PM by Chrono Blackwyng »

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #2187 on: December 15, 2011, 04:33:44 PM »
Drevo heard someone enter the room and was about to ask them to get him a pillow. However he saw that it was Korius. "I'll ask the next person..." he thought. He didn't resist when Korius began to put the paste on him, though his constant writhing in pain told otherwise. It felt tingly when the paste hardened and he stopped moving, though it cracked shortly after.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2188 on: December 15, 2011, 06:05:05 PM »
Kitt watched as Talin dropped the cauldron down with a muffled clang. He dropped his bow and bag to the ground, along with his sheathed sword, and pulled off his cloak. With a quick glance over the large cauldron then back to Talin, he rolled up his sleeves and quickly stretched. "My father didn't train me much with physical strength in mind, but he still taught me the mistake of not limbering up first." He grinned weakly as he walked over to the cauldron and gripped the handle, tail flicking twice as he heaved on the dead weight.

Evellyn swooped down in a low spiral and landed on a nearby barrel with a shriek. The falcon watched curiously as Kitt struggled to lift the iron weight of the cauldron, preening her feathers in a bored way after a moment or two. With a click of her beak she fluttered down from the barrel and onto Kitt's bag, tucking her head under her wing as Kitt dropped the cauldron back to the ground.

"I can't... *huff*... lift it much higher than a... *huff* ...palm width off the ground." Kitt leaned heavily on the side of the cauldron, heaving in a couple of breaths after the exertion. With a huffed sigh he dropped to the ground and started on the fifty push-ups required, going at each one with unusual speed and ferocity, ignoring the burn in his arms that had started around the second attempt at lifting the cauldron.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 06:09:34 PM by Kitt (Santa Claws) »

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2189 on: December 15, 2011, 11:39:27 PM »
Korius went back downstairs and met up with Kiana, placing a hand on her shoulder and walking past her to the meat on the grill and checked them, "Looks good. Thanks for helping out here. It's usually boring when I'm cooking a meal that takes a long time to cook. Deer meat and a few others are just not able to be accelerated in cooking, even with magic."