The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128884 times)

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #2205 on: December 20, 2011, 02:45:56 PM »
Talin went up to the rearranged broken plates and grabbed several venison steaks and placing them in the bowl before filling it with stew. He then went back to his seat and ate each portion slowly, savoring the taste of deer, his thoughts drifting from one thing to another. He stopped eating when Elistra came up in his thoughts, then resumed eating as he pushed her out of his train of thought.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #2206 on: December 20, 2011, 06:53:07 PM »
Drevo continued to writhe in pain as the others ate happily below. He wanted to move, as to cease his soaking in his blood. He was not partial to become a half black, quarter white and quarter crimson furred wolf. However the pain was immense, his nerves were all too tired to do anything; he was surprised to be breathing. "Damn him for trying to stop this...I was fine until then..." he thought.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #2207 on: December 20, 2011, 10:05:52 PM »
Korius finished his portion and got up, "I'll be sleeping elsewhere tonight. The last thing I need is the stench of that knight's blood keeping me awake. Please do keep in mind that we are leaving tomorrow morning. I'll reheat the stew for breakfast when I get back. I suggest you all sleep elsewhere tonight, unless the sound of screaming agony helps you sleep. The final stages for Drevo end tonight, and it's enough pain for any man to scream out a lung or two the whole night."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #2208 on: December 21, 2011, 03:25:59 AM »
Kiana looked over at Korius when he got up and listened to him as he spoke, glancing to the floor above when he mentioned Drevo. She went back to eating after he left and finished a couple minutes later. Getting up from her seat, she left the inn without a word. She started to wander through the town, searching for a place that was intact enough for her to sleep in but also far enough away from the inn so the screaming wouldn't be too loud.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2209 on: December 21, 2011, 05:29:06 AM »
Talin already planned on sleeping in the gardens, since it was one of the few areas that was not completely ravaged by the chaos of their 'invasion'. He didn't want to go back to his room since it felt like he was going back to someone or something, and sorrow weighed his heart down when he felt he had nothing to go back to. The sorrow was so much that he simply left his food unfinished and left the Inn without a word.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2210 on: December 22, 2011, 01:00:03 AM »
As Drevo continued to writhe in pain he stifled it just long enough to make out Korius mentioning to everyone sleep elsewhere. He heard no other words after from anyone. "Not even going to tell me good night...Peh..." he scoffed. It hurt to do so however and caused pain to course through his body as it had been. "Never know when an assassin will show up to finish me off..." he thought, knowing thinking didn't hurt.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #2211 on: December 22, 2011, 03:09:19 PM »
Kitt waited until everyone else had left, eating slowly and silently. On the table beside him Evellyn pined for more of the food, butting her beak against Kitt's wrist as he ate, occasionally being rewarded with a strip of meat. After a while he stood up and put his remaining food on one of the least broken plates, filled an old pitcher with water from his flask, and carried it all upstairs.

He entered Drevo's room silently, watching as he writhed on the bed, and with a sigh placed everything on the bedside table. Kitt nodded to the meat and water "For in the morning, Drevo..." He turned and walked back to the door, turning to glance back to him and said "You'd better not go dying on me... Korius would never admit it, but we need you just as much as anyone else." As Kitt walked back out of the door he motioned to the Ranger's emblem burned into his chest, then to Drevo - a common sign among Rangers that was both used both as a hearty welcome, and a solemn goodbye.
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2212 on: December 23, 2011, 12:30:35 AM »
Korius slept like a log in the castle, sleeping in the Guardian's bed that he had thoroughly sliced up to get comfortable. It smelled grotesquely of the woman, but the smell of perfume overcame it... the same perfume that was favored and worn all the time by Koara. He dreamt no more of the past, but rather of a quiet life in the wild, honing his skill around the wild beasts and monsters. Meanwhile, through the night, Drevo's body could do no less than violently convulse as he splashed within his own blood and roared and howled in torturous pain that he had never even felt an ounce of in his life. His life flashed through his eyes, and the fear of death loomed as he felt Death's cold hand on the nape of his neck. Finally, a couple hours prior to twilight, the bright, blue light shone right through Drevo's eyes and appendages, glowing powerfully through the inn itself for a brief second. However, Drevo's body did not burst open, but rather it shrank back to its normal size, 60% of the size it had been the last 2 days. The burst of Ki awoke Korius from his slumber, while the others wouldn't have been affected nor even have been stirred by it. He got up and walked back to the inn, hopping straight up to the window that had been blown open, and walked in. Korius stood over the white wolf's now still body and took a deep breath as he gathered up his Ki and forced a powerful palm on Drevo's back, accelerating the healing process, the wounds sealing quickly. He then sat down on the bed, feet still in the pool of blood on the floor, but rested his elbows on his knees and muzzle on his clasped hands, watching the unconscious little bastard until he awoke at sunrise.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #2213 on: December 23, 2011, 02:11:03 AM »
Kiana had found some place that used to be somebody's home to sleep in. She didn't like the smell of the place but she still managed to fall asleep in the one bed in the place. She slept soundly through the night though she did have a few dreams about Korius. It wasn't until around sunrise or a little bit after that she woke from her slumber. She yawned and stretched before getting out of the bed. Grabbing her staff, she left the small house and headed for the inn. "Wonder if he made it..." She thought as she entered the inn, Drevo not having slipped from her mind.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2214 on: December 23, 2011, 03:47:07 AM »
Talin slept near Soria's grave, the only place in the garden that he felt would be better to sleep at than in the castle or the Inn. His dreams were fantastic, things that would not be 'allowed' in reality have already occurred and seemed completely natural. He was a Dragonkin, raising his half-breed daughter with Elistra. It had gone through an entire day, somehow managing to deviate from surreality while not getting too depressing or dark. But when it ended and he awoke to the sunrise, he put his hands over his face and tried to remember the dream again...

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2215 on: December 23, 2011, 05:37:55 PM »
Drevo listened to Kitt when he entered, trying to hold his composure in front of the kid. "Thanks..." he said when he put the food down. After he told him not to die on him, he scoffed a little. "This is nothing..." he said. Less than a minute after he left the pain intensified, far worse than what he was used to. Everything seemed to flash before him with every blink, his hometown. When he was only a pup learning how to fight, his parents and friends, even their demise. He faintly felt something grabbing at his neck, managing to swat at it once. Suddenly the pain seemed to intensify as his body expanded, a climax as it shrunk again. The pain seemed to numb and his eyelids grew heavy as he began to lose consciousness. "I guess this is it..." he thought before passing out. When he awoke he sat up quickly, holding his paws out before him wriggling his fingers. Despite what went on, he felt surprisingly well. Suddenly he felt a presence and jerked his head to look, seeing Korius. "Korius..." he said, not particularly thrilled to see him.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 05:39:30 PM by Srgntcuddles »

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #2216 on: December 23, 2011, 05:55:39 PM »
Kitt woke slowly, slumped against the trunk of a tree with his cloak over him. Yawning widely stumbled to his feet and stretched.  On one of the branches above him Evellyn un-tucked her head from beneath her wing and stretched too, wings fanning out in the morning sun.

Grinning up at his companion, Kitt dropped to do fifty push-ups, followed by another fifty and a few stretches. After he had re-accumulated the mild burning in his arms from yesterday, which had never really gone, he picked up all of his equipment and headed for the Inn.
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2217 on: December 24, 2011, 03:58:22 PM »
Korius smirked, "It looks like your recklessness has afforded you a new life, and a whole new level of power. Welcome to your new world, my first official apprentice." He got up and walked over, reaching a hand over to help the white wolf up. Korius was able to see the aura of Ki surrounding Drevo, something only other Ki users can see. It was miniscule compared to his own, but he had his hidden out of habit.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2218 on: December 25, 2011, 04:03:13 AM »
Talin growled in frustration as every attempt at remembering the dream, seems to retrieve less and less information. Eventually he gave up and made his way back to the Inn, stretching his arms, then doing a few practice swings as he went through the motions of pushing his depression away.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2219 on: December 25, 2011, 04:16:20 AM »
"Apprentice...?" Drevo spoke, not sure how to even react. He felt his face and other places where he was once injured. He didn't feel any wounds and looked at Korius' hand up. "He healed me...? With his Ki?" he pondered. He got up on his own and sat down on the edge of the bed. That's when he noticed the food Kitt had brought in. Grabbing the plate he tilted his head back and poured it all into his wide open maw and ate it. Once he swallowed he washed it down with the water he had brought, too. "I'm gonna need more of that...I feel like I could eat a horse." he said as he stood up quickly. He sniffed the air afterwards and then looks to Korius. "You smell terrible..."