The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128913 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #225 on: February 20, 2010, 12:24:57 AM »
Korius growled over to the annoying Talin as he continued to eat. "I'm only buzzed, but I got enough to have a bit of a headache. Besides, remember, there hasn't been inter-species marriage since almost a millenia ago with Shinzuu and Vee. Too many people are still afraid and don't condone inter-species. And don't forget, dragons still haven't been fully  accepted into society yet, especially since Kyzen has those pets of his. Chill  out, they don't want you dead because of your pedigree, not that anyone knows it anyways. He swallowed the last of the bread and laid his head to rest. He then looked at the poster that he took. It's a bounty, alright, but no can touch him. A large bear-Kin. Maximus Carlisle. Wanted for 50 counts of murder, but is sponsored and sheltered by the underground cage-match gambling facility, which funds pretty much half the city's income. The only way to get to him is to get him removed from being a champion.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #226 on: February 20, 2010, 01:08:47 AM »
Kiana had just laid down on the bed under the covers, her staff leaning against the bedside table right beside her, when Drevo came over and knocked on the wall. She looked over at him. "Thanks, but no thanks. I'm already plenty comfortable right here." She half-smiled, trying to play nice. She reached over to the bedside table and grabbed the bounty poster. She did her best to look interested in the irate and crazy-looking rhino on it. Azzan Rocha; committed 10 counts of murder; several thefts. It seemed easy enough so that she would be able to get the job done and difficult enough to not be over in two seconds. After looking over the poster a couple times, she took a chance and glanced up to see if Drevo had walked away.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #227 on: February 20, 2010, 01:57:04 AM »
*White picked at his plate of chicken and ate every last possible piece he could get out of it then found himself closing his eyes and imagining more plates of chicken being brought and beyond his own perceiving of what was real and dreams, he was asleep in seconds sleeping in his plate of food and practically inhaling the dry bones through his nose* "I wish I could have more, but I don't make enough money being the free to be used cleric that heals everybody all the time without expectation of payment or reward, ugh sometimes I wish I was more demanding..."

*White woke up at a start as the bone had gone into his nostril and he was choking for air and pulled it out* "Ack-ack! Ugh, nasty!" *He threw it in frustration at the ground and groggily got up and swayed his way out of the bar looking for a bed to fall asleep on and forgetting to put on his cowl*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #228 on: February 20, 2010, 04:07:00 AM »
Drevo had already begun walking back to his bed after Kiana turned down his offer without saying a word. With no one else in the room he climbed into bed and looked up at the cieling. He didn't pull the blankets over him, he just layed there with his arms across his chest. "I don't think anyone understands me..." he thought to himself as he layed there. His coat of fur always made him over heat easily, which is why he didn't cover up. He was still a bit wet; the window being opened kept a cool breeze running across his body. Drevo pulled his hat over his eyes, sighed and drifted off to sleep. He shook a little as a unusually cold breeze blew in; he played it off and fell asleep.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #229 on: February 21, 2010, 12:22:32 AM »
Talin was going to vent some more, but got annoyed with being angry, and went to lie down with Elistra, the two attempting to squeeze out all of the space between them to not only fit on the bed, to find some solace in sleeping together on an actual bed for once. The volgue started to 'buzz' in frustration as its source of anger not only vanished, but turned into a source of calmness, which was toxic to its growth.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #230 on: February 21, 2010, 12:46:08 AM »
Korius woke up early the next morning and went straight downstairs and left his weapons next to White with a note.

He bumped into the inn-keeper downstairs and grabbed a loaf of bread as he headed out. It was about an hour or so after sunrise, another hour before the cagefights started. Korius went around town to taverns and galleys to find out where to go. Finally, he ended up back at the tavern from last night and found out that was where he entered and registered. He placed his name in and the rest of his Guilders and was led down a collapsing wall behind the private party room that revealed a staircase heading down. As they reached the bottom, Korius can already hear the bustle of excited gamblers cheering for their favourites. This is a truly high-stakes game. Registration in itself was 3 Guilder, minimum bets being 5 Guilder. Korius breathed in deeply and relaxed himself, mentally preparing for his turn. Apparently, only two others registered for today, so the minimum bet had been raised to 10 Guilder. Korius sat cage-side, waiting for his turn. 2 groups fight it out. The winner of each fight for the title of Champion.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #231 on: February 21, 2010, 01:18:36 AM »
Kiana woke up moderately early, not too long after Korius had left (though she didn't know he had left already). She got ready in silence and left the room as quietly as possible, not wanting to wake up Drevo. She headed downstairs and found the innkeeper. "Excuse me, do you know where I can find this guy?" She asked, holding up the poster of Azzan Rocha. The innkeeper cringed slightly upon seeing the picture. "I've heard that he hides out in the woods on the edge of town. I wouldn't recommend going after him, miss. I don't think the risk is worth the pay." The innkeeper answered the question. She just smiled at the innkeeper and left the inn.
Kiana put her hood up and walked through the streets. She mostly took the alleys because she wanted to avoid the villagers at all costs. She didn't feel like being praised or questioned or anything like that today. She just wanted to find Azzan and get the bounty hunt done with.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #232 on: February 21, 2010, 02:44:19 AM »
*White woke up in a puddle of drool and a note next to his paw* "Hmm?" *He groaned and looked at the note closely trying to read it in his morning stupor* "White, take... care of these.." *White looked a little bit upwards and saw some weapons* "Ugh..." "I have to baby sit the weapons... great and that means I'm responsible for what happens to them, I probably have customers today... Hmm maybe I can dump this on the other guy upstairs... no that would be a bad idea because that Korius fellow would beat the crud out of me if he lost or misplaced anything and I would be to blame >.>..."

*White crawled to a bar stool and helped himself up then sat on it thinking what to do with the weapons* "Why do I always fall asleep on some sort of floor... well I could take them with me to the clinic or something, what exactly does he plan to do with me? I mean I'm not in his party or anything?? Does he think I am, I don't even know!" *White's head started to hurt from confusion* "GAH! Whatever I'll deal with it later..." *The wolf grunted as he got a cart from outside the inn and put the weapons in it and trudged off to his clinic*

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #233 on: February 21, 2010, 03:55:20 AM »
Entaru awoke as another jolt of pain shot through his arm. "Gahh!" The shout was followed by a string of loud curses and obscenities.  Holding his numb arm he stood up out of bed.  The disease had been merciful that night and had actually let him sleep for once, but it was apparently bored and tired of waiting. 

Entaru threw his robe back on and walked to the desk that he had placed his bounty papers on.  He looked them through for a few minutes before deciding on one.  Apparently a large boar-kin by the name of Griswolden Phetter had taken up to trashing local taverns, killing the owners, and using them as his own filthy playpens until his resources run out.  So far he's killed around 30 or more innocents in his escapades.  To get the reward one would have to bring back Griswolden's custom made eyepatch, unfortunately the paper didn't specify how much the reward was but any money would have to do.  According to the paper he was last seen about a mile out of town, taking residence in the 'Bearded Frog Tavern'.

Entaru, no longer hungry, left the Inn without eating and made his way to the tavern.  He didn't need to ask anyone where it was because he had passed it on the way to town.  He had knocked on the door to see if he could mooch some food but all he heard was snoring on the inside.  Griswolden must've already have taken residence.  Entaru pulled a shattered hand mirror out of his pack and looked at it's distorted image.  Grimacing he put it back.

Someday...when I've paid for what happened...I'll finally fix it...

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #234 on: February 21, 2010, 06:08:25 AM »
Drevo had slept until much later than the rest of them. He was clealy comfortable due to his loud snoring with his head tilted to the side and his tongue hanging out. He suddenly woke up from a feeling of wetnes on his face; it was drool which had covered the majority of his pillow. "Huh? Wha?...Where...Eh..." he mumbled hazily before ploping back down on his pillow. He rubbed his face and sat back up putting on his hat. He then hopped out of the bed, stretched and looked over the stack of papers. "Missing pet...Lost umbrella...Mass mugger...Hmm, that seems nice..." said Drevo mulling over the papers. He took the "Mass mugger" one and stuck it uder his robe and continued searching. "Delivery...Another missing pet...Missing family Heirloom...Hmm...Big reward..." Drevo took the "Missing heirloom" paper and put it under his robe. As he went back to the papers he noticed two more missing pets." Hmm...Lots of missing pets..." he mumbled to himself. He set the stack down and left the room with the two he had. As he went down the stairs and out the front door he pulled his hat over his head and walked into a nearby alley way.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #235 on: February 22, 2010, 02:00:50 AM »
Talin woke up just after Drevo walked out, and nudged Elistra awake. She only grumbled and stayed under the sheets as he got out to read his two posters again. The two he picked were simple at face value, but got harder as one read on. One was a bounty poster for a demonic cult leader known to have former soldiers in his ranks, which would give him military presence in this village, but not enough to rule it. The other was a hunting poster for specific gem thats rumored to be in a quarry just northeast of the village. Talin pocketed the gem poster before handing the bounty to Elistra's barely awake form. "We're going hunting... that means you can't stay in bed for now." Elistra groaned rather uncharacteristically before slumping out of the bed and then dragging herself to the door. Talin shook her until she started swating at him, then he let go so she could open the door.

They both left through the attic and onto the roof, using the agility gained through countless hunts through the tree-tops to go from roof to roof towards the cave the target was last seen at...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #236 on: February 22, 2010, 02:17:37 AM »
Korius was in the second round and watched as his target, Maximus, in the cage the first round. He stood over 7 feet tall and was big in every aspect. His challenger was an alligator-Kin of fair build, and stood at about the same height. However, the difference in their strength was all too apparent as the round ended abruptly 2 seconds after the bell rang with Maximus rushing his challenger from a squat and clothes-lined the alligator's neck and subsequently knocking the man unconscious. The crowd cheered as they watched their champion get them closer to more money, and those who cheered for the challenger hung their heads as their faith, and money, were revealed to have been misplaced. That was quick.

The bell rang a second time and Korius stood up and entered the cage after Maximus left and the challenger dragged out. The other challenger to enter the ring was a fighter who looked similar to Korius in build and height, a kangaroo-Kin, one of the few rare-Kin species. After the bell rang, the challenger hopped around and around, throwing punches and kicks every so often, trying to keep  moving. Korius kept his eyes trained on the challenger and just dodged without really much effort, as they were just basic attacks, nothing special since this opponent concentrated more on staying in motion rather than perfecting technique. The crowd all booed Korius, since no one bet on him, for starters, and that he didn't really show them any action. Korius maintained his dodging and found the pattern in the opponent's movements. After about another minute, Korius dodged the predictable punch with a full roundhouse and knocked the challenger face-first onto the cage floor, completely knocking them unconscious.

The crowd booed even more excessively as Korius exited the cage for a quick water. After a quick sip, he walked back into the cage, watching Maximus make his grand entrance. The bell rang...

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #237 on: February 22, 2010, 05:16:51 PM »
Kiana had walked into the woods about a mile. She thought she heard something flying through the air when knife whizzed past her face and stuck into the tree beside her. She quickly looked in the direction that the knife came from and spotted Azzan in a clearing. She casually walked towards the clearing, her eyes locked on Azzan. His expression matched the one he wore in the picture exactly. She stopped in the clearing about 20 feet from him.
"So this is who comes to try to kill me? A little girl? This shouldn't take long." Azzan scoffed. "Just shut up and fight me." Kiana snapped. He smiled crookedly. "Such impatience. Not a quality of a good fighter." He emphasized the last word by throwing a knife at her. She made a motion, bringing up a rock to block the knife. He growled and threw two more. She made the ground move under her feet so that she slid out of the way. He huffed and charged at her, so she brought up a wall of rock to block him. She brought up three more walls to surround him and moved away so there was just 10 feet between them now.
Azzan busted through the rock using his natural brute force and snarled. He threw three more knives at Kiana, aimed for her head, heart, and stomach, and drew a sword, charging at her again. Kiana blocked the knives with chunks of rock again. Dodging his charge, she hit him with a slab of rock in the chest, knocking him backwards. She encased him with rock, pinning him to the ground. Standing over him, she held her left hand high in the air which kept a huge slab of rock held over his head...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 01:01:03 AM by VeeSmith: His Wolfy »

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #238 on: February 22, 2010, 06:50:49 PM »
*White rolled the cart till it was inside his office in the clinic and he placed it securely in the corner and wrapped a couple of chains around it to the support beam and covered it with a tent canvas* "That ought naught attract too much attention >.>..." "Oh hell who am I kidding, everyone will see THAT!" *He facepawed for a few seconds and then turned to his desk looking at some parchments and some letters* "Ugh... taxes, a cousin hello, and hm?" *White looks at a red envelope that says In Dire Need*

*White read it and it followed up about some old man in town that needs some medical assistance and as some sort of skin deformity which is impeding his health; White looked over at the cart again* "This means I have to carry that all the way there... and back.." *He threw his paws into the air in frustration and then went to work to unshackle the weapons*

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #239 on: February 22, 2010, 07:29:21 PM »
Entaru walked up to the door of the "Bearded Frog Tavern".  There was an aura of stench emanating from the building now that hadn't been there the last time Entaru had visited. 

Griswolden was definently here...

Entaru put his ear against the door to see if the new owner was at home.  His question was answered as a loud snore came from inside. "Perfect, the oaf is a late riser..."

Quietly opening the door, Entaru walked inside.  The room was strewn with piles of busted chairs, tables and rotting food scraps.  Amongst the largest pile were several rotting bodies, most likely the patrons and previous owner.  The floor was covered in broken bottles, spilt ale, and filth.  Entaru listened for where the snoring, now louder than before, was coming from.  He didn't have to go far to see that Griswolden had taken to his bed behind the bar.  Entaru looked down at the snoring oaf with disgust.

To say that he was ugly was an understatement.  The orange-ish fur that the bounty had described was stained brown and matted with filth.  He still held a tankard of ale in one hand while another was spilt all over his chest.  His only clothing was a poorly placed loincloth and the eyepatch.  The eyepatch stood out in stark contrast against the filthy brute that wore it.  It was brilliantly multi colored and had a red gem (probably fake) in the center.

While Entaru could've simply killed the brute right then and there, he found it unsporting and would at least give the poor fool a chance.  Entaru looked up at the liquor cabinent just above the boar-kin and smiled as he saw a very heavy bottle of gin just above the boar's head.  Entaru, using a small bit of his magicka, lifted the bottle into the air and let it drop.

Griswolden roared to life as the bottle smashed open against his head.  "Grahhh!  Who dares disturb the rest of Griswolden the Grotesque!" 

Entaru cooly took a few steps back and gave his response.  Entaru Korin...and first blood is mine you unruly grunt.