The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128887 times)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #2250 on: January 16, 2012, 05:41:26 PM »
Kitt slung the backpack over one shoulder, compensating for the extra weight and glancing up at Drevo. As he walked near with the strong smell of perfume Kitt sneezed, but grinned and muttered under his breath "I kinda liked the smell... fruity, if a little too strong."

When Talin threw the pot of water over Kitt gave a loud meowl and jumped back, only to find himself overbalancing from the weight of the rocks and sent sprawling on the muddied ground. With a grumble he picked himself back up, hissing under his breath as he wiped slick mud off his fur.
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #2251 on: January 17, 2012, 12:26:17 AM »
Korius walked away from the building, "Come on, let's go. Kitt, give Drevo his dry food. A stinking mutt like him only deserves food like that." He snorted as the stench of the perfume continued to offend his nose. The walk was refreshing, for some reason. The breeze was light, and the sun wasn't harsh. However, it would have been enjoyable for Korius if not for the disturbing fact that a mysterious assailant has killed their next target. Something was not right...

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #2252 on: January 17, 2012, 01:06:54 AM »
Kiana followed along as Korius led them away. It felt somewhat good to be walking around again with a purpose instead of sitting around with nothing to do. She took glances over at Korius now and again, seeing something in the look on his face that concerned her. Quickening her pace a little to get up next to him, she looked sideways at him then forward again. "What are you thinking about?" She asked quietly in case it was something he didn't want everyone to be concerned about.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #2253 on: January 17, 2012, 01:54:11 AM »
Talin rolled his eyes, his nose no longer burning from the intense smell. "I'm more tolerant of smelling blood than smelling the odors that she had sprayed on my nose for my "opinion on the scent". Same thing I told Elistra: Dab only your chest, neck, and the hand you'll shake with." He then walked off, snorting out the rest of the perfume that got into his nose.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 06:44:02 PM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #2254 on: January 17, 2012, 02:49:44 AM »
Drevo began to ring out his clothes once again, though they weren't very dry before the third bath. He scowled at Korius when he heard him tell him to give the mutt the dry food. "I remember why I hate him now, he's an unbearable ass hole. And an unstable murderer." he thought as he looked at Kitt seeing his plight.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2255 on: January 17, 2012, 04:20:52 PM »
Kitt struggled to his feet and rummaged through his bag until he found the left overs of the food wrapped in an oilskin. With an apologetic look he handed it over to Drevo and started walking with the group, feeling the straps of the rock-filled bag digging into his shoulders already.

For Kitt the walk was also refreshing, despite how much harder it was made due to Talin's training, but was nevertheless a nice change after several days of nothing to do. With a grin he looked up into the sky to see Evellyn swooping effortlessly round in circles over them. 

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2256 on: January 17, 2012, 06:51:41 PM »
Korius snapped out of his trance when he heard Kiana right next to him. He merely gave a smile, "Nothing important. Just wondering about our quest, and to figure out what Kyzen is up to. He's up to something very big, and he's also rushing it for some reason." Just then, his eyes glowed a little as images flashed through his mind, seeing the floating dark figure above him within a crystal cave, and then of a sword made of light and darkness pierced through his chest, and then back to reality. Korius shook his head a bit as he caught up with what was around him.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #2257 on: January 17, 2012, 07:22:58 PM »
Kiana was about to ask what he meant by Kyzen rushing things but stopped short when she noticed his eyes glow a little. She examined his face as he seemed to be out of it for a moment. When he shook his head, she knew he was back from whatever just happened. "What just happened?" She asked as she continued to look at him. "And what do you know?" She had a feeling that there was something he wasn't telling her.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #2258 on: January 17, 2012, 09:41:05 PM »
Drevo walked with the others, silently taking up the back as usual. He kept busy with idly drying himself off. He kept to himself and tried to get a grasp of his new Ki powers. The concept was alien to him, how to control it anyway. He used his staff as a sort of walking stick as he went along, looking at his paws as if there would be something different now.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2259 on: January 18, 2012, 03:01:31 PM »
Kitt kept ahead of the group, as he had often done when they had first met when he was younger. He grinned at the thought that less than a year ago he had been more than five years younger, considering how few people could ever say that in their lifetimes. Still grinning he jumped up onto a fallen tree and ran its length, tail flicking as he concentrated on balance with the extra weight of the rocks. His breath was ragged and heavy but he kept at least a few meters ahead of the group always, as though trying to prove to Talin that he could manage the training.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2260 on: January 19, 2012, 12:35:57 AM »
Korius shook his head, "It's nothing. Nothing..." He trudged on ahead, trying to shake off the tingling sensation he had from it, and the fear that he knew whose memories they were. They were memories of an important warrior from thousands of years ago, and what was more fearful, was the question on why in the hell he was getting that warrior's memories.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2261 on: January 19, 2012, 02:13:29 AM »
That was enough for Kiana to slip into a slightly bad mood. "Interested in starting something with me eventually and he can't even tell me what's going on..." She thought to herself as she continued to walk with the group. She eyed Kitt ahead of them for a moment, still wondering how he could seem so carefree sometimes. Her left hand moved up to her chest and she picked up the emerald from it where it rested against the fabric of her clothes. She eyed it for a bit, if only to give her something to do.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #2262 on: January 19, 2012, 03:10:07 AM »
Talin kept just behind Kitt, making sure he would be within arms reach in case he fell somewhere that would be more difficult to recover from than a three foot fall into grass. While he may not have had the raw speed of the other members of the group, Talin was at least the second best in free-running, so he was easily keeping up with Kitt, and could probably pass him with how he had slowed down on the fallen tree.

He saw Kitt was already getting tired from the weight, which only seemed to bring nostalgia of his days as an apprentice of the Dragoons. The feeling seemed to lighten his heart, bringing out a large grin as he caught up to Kitt. "Just imagine, when you've finally outgrown these weights, you might be able to out pace Korius. Of course, that won't be seen until you've outgrown the next three levels I have in store... I also have more weights in mind for your other limbs, but your legs need improvement for when you need to run away."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2263 on: January 20, 2012, 06:40:45 PM »
Kitt grinned as Talin ran up beside him, flicking his fringe aside and dodging a large branch on the fallen tree as he went. He listened intently to Talin as he spoke and while the straps of the backpack cut into his shoulders he let none of the pain show in his expression. With an even wider grin at Talin's last words he jumped down from the tree back onto the path,  jogging backwards just in front of him Kitt smirked and said jokingly "Well bring it on... This Ranger is gonna' be the best you've seen."

Above the group Evellyn gave a shriek as she turned into the wind, feathers rustling as her dark silhouette banked left and circled lower, then dove into the long grass with the muffled squeak of some small rodent the only noise to mark her path.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2264 on: January 20, 2012, 10:21:02 PM »
The rest of the day brought them through a refugee camp from Khirch's territory to this one. However, unbeknownst to everyone but Korius, Khirch's territory had already been liberated. But Korius was still too disturbed with how it had come to be. Many of the refugees had come up to beg them for help, but Korius had distanced himself from them, pulling from their grip and walking on, his heart hardened and concentrating more on something far in the distance and unknown.