The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128896 times)

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #2265 on: January 21, 2012, 02:14:44 AM »
Kiana looked around at the refugees as they passed through the camp. She had her eyes on Korius, watching what he did and the look on his face. She was growing more irritated since she knew there was something he wasn't telling them. With her irritation came her yanking herself away from the people who came begging. It wasn't like she could help them anyway, but she did wonder why they were there. Even though she knew the potential reaction probably wouldn't be good, she couldn't stop herself from what she was about to do. Quickening her pace, she grabbed Korius' shoulder and turned him towards her. "What aren't you telling us?!" She practically yelled at him. It was greatly frustrating to her when there was something that she wasn't being told, especially since she figured that since they were in group that they should all have the same information instead of secrets.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #2266 on: January 21, 2012, 09:05:26 PM »
Talin had stopped running with Kitt when he felt a large amount of people were coming up. Of course, his sight would tell him first, but it was not quite as descriptive as his new sense. He could sense people coming up towards him, and all he had to do was flash a snarl at them. He had kept this up until Kiana yelled at Korius, which admittedly startled him far more than it probably should have.

He was going to press the question, until he was cut off by more refugees. The shock of the yelling combined with the constant annoyance of getting all the sob stories that Korius had brushed off, was quickly burning at Talin's fuse. He could feel his jaws tightening as he continued following Korius, hoping that they get out before he lets the rage out on someone less durable than himself...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 01:06:39 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #2267 on: January 22, 2012, 01:20:47 AM »
Drevo looked at the refugees in the camp, when they came to seek help from him and the others he ignored them as he could do nothing for them. It made him feel bad for doing so, but straying from their course would do worse for everyone. His concern for the refugees he hadn't thought as to why they were there until Kiana made her outburst. "Something is off..."  he thought.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #2268 on: January 22, 2012, 04:01:03 PM »
Kitt followed along with the group silently, almost exhausted from the additional weight of the rocks in his pack. He kept close to the others as they passed scores of refugees. He listened in silence as Kiana shouted at Korius, curious as to what their leader may not be telling them, but equally to tired to really care beyond getting the backpack off.
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #2269 on: January 23, 2012, 09:47:10 PM »
Korius was stressed from his thoughts, so much so that when Kiana had pulled him around, he let out a roar. Quickly, he gripped his head and shook out his anger as quickly as it had come. "Nothing more than you do. Now let's get a move on. We're losing precious time. The longer we dawdle, the closer Kyzen gets to his goal. I'll not have Celestia fall under the same fate."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #2270 on: January 23, 2012, 10:28:37 PM »
Korius' roar didn't phase Kiana in the slightest since she was expecting a reaction of that sort from him. It angered her more that he still acted like he didn't know anything and even though she had had some training to deal with her anger in association with fighting, that training wasn't helping her at the moment. "You're a friggin' liar and it's pissing me off! You're treating us like little kids!" She yelled and stormed past him, continuing in the direction they had to go. "TRUST IS A LOAD OF SHIT!" Of course, Kitt was still a kid but that was beyond the point. At least she had gotten her emotions out directly instead of bottling them up for once. "You shouldn't talk like that..." Kamau's voice popped into her head. "Why not? It's true. People want you to trust them and then they lie to you in one way or another." "That's not true. He probably has good reason to keep whatever it is a secret from you all." "That doesn't matter! If he wants me to be with him, he should tell me things no matter what!" "He could be protecting you..." "Yeah? Like you were when I trusted that you would be okay in that fight?! But it didn't turn out that way, did it?!" "Kiana..." She refused to 'say' anything more to him as she continued to walk.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2271 on: January 24, 2012, 07:00:44 PM »
Talin seemed rather unaffected by the outbursts of both Kiana and Korius, even though they seemed to affect everyone around them. Though he was able to take solace in the lack of people coming up to him with their problems. Of course when Kiana walked ahead, some of the refugees resumed their begging, though they completely avoided Korius and went right for Talin and Drevo. Sadly, Talin was not able to quell his frustration and annoyance in that gap of time, and ended up grabbing one of them by the collar and shoving him into the rest of the beggars. He wasn't sure if that also scared the refugees away from Drevo, but he was more concerned with curbing his own temper than worrying about others...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2272 on: January 24, 2012, 07:26:53 PM »
Drevo shoved away the refugees as Kiana yelled at Korius. He then walked passed him with a smirk in her direction. He said nothing, but continued on, putting his bow staff behind his neck, resting his arms on it to keep it in place. "Smooth move," he thought. "Gonna get heated around her most likely. That or there will be a lot of silence." he continued with a sigh.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2273 on: January 26, 2012, 04:03:47 PM »
Kitt continued with the group in silence, watching the shouting from a distance alongside Drevo. With another exhausted sigh he held out an arm for Evellyn to land on, the falcon having been fluttering around him for a while now, and held her close to him as he walked. The bird  shuffled closer to him along his wrist and tucked her head under her wing and slept, prompting a huff from Kitt and a roll of his eyes.

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2274 on: January 27, 2012, 12:51:00 AM »
The next two days were quiet and awkward. Korius maintained his distance from the others, standing guard when they were to sleep, and scouting whenever the group needed rest or meals. He remained silent the whole time, not even bothering to answer questions. By afternoon of the 3rd day, they all reached the border, and the wall was a lot higher than any of the others that they've seen thus far. In fact, it was almost as high as a palace wall, stretching throughout the border. However, it wasn't a surprise, since Khirch's territory was one of the smallest. There was a portion of it about a kilometer from where they were that was a checkpoint that you could pass, and even from where they were, they could see that it was completely demolished. Might be my first clue to see whose handiwork it is.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2275 on: January 27, 2012, 02:44:08 AM »
Kiana was pretty much seething with anger for the next couple of days. She didn't speak to anyone, though at that point it was probably unlikely that anyone would dare to try to talk to her.  She also stayed as far away from Korius as possible at all times. With the mood she was in and the fact that it was because of him, she didn't want to be anywhere near him. It was possible that she might blow up again if they were near each other. When they reached the wall, she looked around and spotted the checkpoint a kilometer away. She also saw that it was demolished. It made her growl. The main reason being that it proved that there was something that Korius wasn't telling them. Her flame of anger was huge again and she headed right towards the checkpoint, knowing everyone else would follow anyway.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2276 on: January 28, 2012, 02:17:45 PM »
Talin was able to get out of his emotional funk when they passed the first camp, and had gotten back to training Kitt. He had replaced some of the stones in Kitt's backpack with some slightly larger ones while he got some rope to tie the replaced stones to Kitt's wrists, who had to keep his arms parallel to the ground for the last two days whenever the group had to travel.

But when they reached the wall, Talin promptly took off the weights on Kitt's wrists and helped him take off the backpack and dump the stones out before handing it back to the young ranger. "For once, I'd like to see a checkpoint that wasn't demolished before we arrived..." He said aloud as he followed Korius and Kiana to the checkpoint.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2277 on: January 28, 2012, 07:57:34 PM »
Drevo followed along in silence, not wanting to upset the couple to be. When the border came into sight he saw the demolished checkpoint, curious as to what happened. He had started to piece together the puzzle, suspecting someone else's hand in it all, though it was still hard to believe and was at the bottom of the list of theories.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2278 on: January 28, 2012, 10:56:54 PM »
Kitt would have answered Talin with some kind of agreement of his statement, but instead could only manage a weary nod. With a sigh he followed alongside Talin and rubbed at where the ropes had been bound around his wrists. He was curious as to what Korius was holding back from them, but far too worn out and glad to have the weights removed to actually voice any opinion.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2279 on: January 29, 2012, 04:10:14 PM »
Korius examined the stones and destruction of the checkpoint. However, no matter how he looked it out, it was pure raw power. It was a power that you can only find from a Guardian. However, there was a sliver of sensation coming from the bodies. He walked over and checked them, closing his eyes. Korius concentrated on inhaled deeply as he opened his eyes, and stood up. He grit his teeth and looked around inside the wall and found an armory transport cart. What was inside was just the crappy mass-produced armor and swords. He jumped up on the horses and snapped the reins. "Get on! Quickly! Drevo, you drive!"