The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128920 times)

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #270 on: February 28, 2010, 04:21:20 AM »
Entaru collapsed onto his bed with a grimace.  Why was he cursed with such bad luck? My feet hurt even more now...and this blasted robe has me overheated.  Entaru pulled the robe off to relieve himself of the heat.  God, I really need to find a better way to live...going from town to town, just picking up jobs.  I could at least use some companionship.  Maybe I can go with the others, that Korius kid and his friends. 

Entaru stood up with confidence spread all over his face and thrust his finger in the air in personal triumph.  "That's it...I'll join them!"  Suddenly a strange odor filled his nose and Entaru looked at his arm in disgust.

"Maybe I should take a bath first..."  Entaru grimaced again as he sniffed himself.  Grabbing a towel he headed down to the baths, unaware of what was about to transpire.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #271 on: February 28, 2010, 09:55:12 AM »
As Drevo rides through the night his ear twitches for some strange reason. "I feel as if I am missing out on something..." He shook it off and continued riding. His stomach growled again; louder than before. "Damn...Need something to eeeat," Drevo saw an apple tree coming up in the distance; he slowed down until he stopped under it. "Sweet, a bite to eat!" he said gleefully. He grabbed one and quickly devoured it before grabbing another and doing the same. Drevo got off the horse and grabbed a few more and fed them to the horse as he ate some more. "Mmm..."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #272 on: March 01, 2010, 03:49:06 AM »
Talin had long since tried to find his way around the city, and climbed up a wall with Elistra in close proximity, to the roof. But when he got to the roof, he was greeted by many maidens, with many weapons. "Explain to us, 'hero', why must your affections be for a dragon, are we not acceptable... or do you get off from scales?" Talin jaw dropped at their bluntness, but he got in front of Elistra, noticing how some of them were eyeing her with jealousy and hate. "Theres two other men you can go hunt for, why don't you just lea-" he got cold-cocked with a flying frying pan, and hit the ground, and Elistra tried to get him away from the others, but was unable to jump to another roof with the weight on her back, plummetting into the alley and into unconsiousness.

After she regained consiousness, Talin, gear and all, was nowhere to be seen. With her dumped off at the Inn, but the bruised scales show that they dealt some damage before bringing her to the Inn. She walked inside, and looked for her 'friends', finding Kiana and Korius in the women's bath. "Um... regardless of whats occouring before my eyes. Talin's been abducted, along with the- you know what... just go along with whatever you were doing, I'll get someone who isn't nude to help."
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 03:59:26 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #273 on: March 01, 2010, 04:04:21 PM »
Kitts father was no help either, he was having the time of his life laughing at the womens bath doorway, slapping his knee he laughed so hard that he could barely speak...
"oh.... god Korius... you do have a nack with choosing awkward moments...."

He continued laughing, leaning on the door frame...

"Haha! oh..... god, youve made my day....."

Kitt followed White uncertainly, he slung his huge repeater crossbow over one shoulder and followed him upstairs quietly, tail swishing behind him he walked into White room and stood at the door feeling awkward.... he pulled the dark green hood of his rangers cloak down from over his head and looked about the room, one paw resting on the handle of his shortsword for comfort...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #274 on: March 01, 2010, 04:43:38 PM »
Korius was surprised to hear Kiana's voice, but kept his composure. "I'm taking a relaxing bath, what do you think? It's been a rough day, and I don't feel like soaking it up with those rich old prunes in the other bath. Personally, I didn't think you were here anyways, not that I can... *Cranes his neck for a peek* ...see much. But if it'll make things easier, I'll leave. Korius stepped out of the bath and went to the door to grab his towel. He didn't bother to dry and flung the door open, hitting Vladimir in the schnoz. "It's not nice to hang out in front of the women's bath and snickering like a 12-year-old boy. People might think you're a pervert." Korius went up to his room and dressed. He then went into the other room and waited for the others. Meanwhile, he sat there catching up with Kitt.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #275 on: March 01, 2010, 05:19:51 PM »
Kiana growled at Korius when he tried to look at her. Glaring at him, she watched him leave. She muttered incoherently as she quickly got out of the tub and grabbed a towel, quickly drying herself while eying the doorway to make sure Kitt's father didn't look in. She dressed quickly and grabbed her staff. "Did you get your fill of amusement for the day?" She snapped as she pushed past Kitt's father, heading for the room. When she entered the room, she just sat down in the chair she had been healed in the day before and didn't say a word. The embarrassment had left her mind for now and all that was left was fury. Her eyes were practically burning a whole in the floor.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #276 on: March 01, 2010, 07:34:39 PM »
*White noticed Kitt walk in and then looked nervous in the environment* "Kitt I think it's okay here, we have that Korius fellow around. Besides that, the only threat to you that I have in my possession is this..." *White brings out his butterfly knife and flips it open for him to see* "I've rarely used it though, I have my magicka imbued in this weapon so it's not like I can just get rid of it." *The wolf puts it away in his cloak* "Have a seat and relax and uhh..."

*The wolf paused for a moment upon hearing some scuffling and loud talk downstairs with some laughing. Korius followed up the stairs and came inside for a sit nearby Kitt by the door then Kiana walked up the flight a couple of minutes later and went to another room in what looked like an enraged mood with eyes that could kill a man* "...I guess something bad must have happened downstairs, I probably shouldn't ask." *White turned back to Kitt after looking out the door* "I'll talk about what I was going on about later Kitt.." *White then stopped and looked to Korius* "Thank you for the 20 Guilders Korius and especially for saving me. I am most gracious for your help." *White holds up the bag and then puts it back down on his lap with a small bow from his chair* "I err.. wanted to ask you a request when you're not busy." *The wolf pulled at his cloak nervously after uttering those words*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Entaru

• Lovable Lion
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #277 on: March 01, 2010, 07:39:52 PM »
Entaru had seen the two go by and thought nothing of it.  He had better things to do...like soak his poor blister ridden feet.  Finally at the bath, he undressed and joined the men as a fellow old prune.  His feet gave out little 'squeals' of delight as they were finally free from their pain.

"Ahhhhh...now THAT is better."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #278 on: March 02, 2010, 03:12:11 PM »
Elistra took her equipment, and in a rage, threw it to the ground and stormed off. "Useless, the whole lot of you!!" she yelled before leaving the inn, never to return even if she saved Talin.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #279 on: March 02, 2010, 04:06:26 PM »
Vladimir rubbed his muzzle, thuroughly sobered up after Kiana and Korius' comments.... he followed them back upstairs, sliding into the room with WHite, Korius and Kitt quietly and stood beside the door, rubbing his muzsle gingerly having learnt his lesson....

Kitt looked up to see his father sliding quietly in, and walked over to him, pulling his hood up he leant against the wall, imitating his father in his stance.... his father looked down at his son and smirked, trying not to laugh at this....
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #280 on: March 02, 2010, 07:38:29 PM »
Korius sighed as he broke the silence, "I'll start the meeting now. Unfortunately, Talin and Elistra will be leaving us. They're going to journey on to Terra to find a way to save Talin. Now, down to business. Our next stop. We'll be heading out west towards Bronn Loraine's territory. From general knowledge, we all know him as a water upper-mage. He doesn't have the ability to manipulate life like Kyzen, but he is still a force to be reckoned with. Word has it, that he's hired a bounty hunter to take us down. Some second-rate warrior by the name of Felodran Vanrad. Anyways, from what I've gathered, Bronn's personal guard consists of 10 sorcerers and sorceresses, 2 of each basic element. Though Kiana is a mage, we still want to be careful. Also, his soldiers, though few in number, are rumored to be some of the best fencers in the world. For now, everyone take a break, and get ready to move out by dawn. I'll sharpen any weapons here, but everything else, it's up to you. Also, thank the good doctor for helping us."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #281 on: March 02, 2010, 11:07:51 PM »
Kiana listened to Korius, although she didn't really want to, she knew she needed to know what they were up against. "Yeah. Be careful. Wouldn't want anybody's heads knocked off or anything." She growled, mostly to herself but the others would have been able to hear her. Her eyes were still locked on an uninteresting knot in a floorboard. She laid her staff across her lap then took hold of the emerald around her neck. She fiddled with it in between her fingers before pulling it up to examine it, trying to occupy herself since she had nothing to do to prepare before they left.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #282 on: March 03, 2010, 01:54:11 AM »
*White listened in and after hearing the story of the water mage and figured his chances were higher now more than ever and feeling his chance slipping away after Korius spoke about thanking him upon leaving, the wolf decided to pursue the request in a more affirmative manner and just ask the question directly. The wolf moved up closer to Korius, but keeping his nervous 5 feet distance only enough to hopefully gather his attention.*

"Korius.. I've been thinking about life here and I wanted to inquire about your travels. My clinic hasn't been at optimal performance for quite some time and it continues to go down the drain, I'm not making enough income to keep it up and running forever. Even with this bag of 20 Guilders, after that's gone it will still just keep going downhill as I never charge for my services and I depend upon donations. If I so may request, could you perhaps allow me to travel with your group? I of course can offer my healing at no cost at all, I just hope to gain some wealth on the journey as my ambition for being in the party so I can invest in a better medical facility. I do not take much space as what I wear now and my knife is all I really own and I am willing to give you back my 20 Guilders if it will help with traveling expenses."

*White was sweating after making such a long speech to a person whom to him was probably mercenary, he had barely known for less than a couple of days. The fear of being turned down on the offer was the fear more upsetting because he knew another chance like this to have social mobility would not come along again for a long time if never.*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #283 on: March 03, 2010, 02:05:04 AM »
Felodran was casually striding down the dirt road. Bronn Loraine didn't even have the courtesy to lend him a horse to track down the bounty with. "If the targets are so important you'd think he'd show a little more concern..." He mumbled under his breath as he marched onwards.

After a long three day's time of forced marching, with little breakfast or food for that matter, and weird occurrences, namely a very angry woman who looked like she was going to try and destroy the world, she was mumbling to herself in an unknown dialect and hefting a large amount of supplies and weapons. He asked if she could lend some supplies but she just trudged onwards, not even glancing in his direction, soon enough however, Felodran finally saw the gates of Porand. The town was the supposed location where his targets were staying. He nodded to the gate guard, who called to his cohorts who went about opening the gates.
"My thanks to you friend" he called as he gave a 'thank you' wave to the guard.
The targets in question were an intriguing of sorts. The highest ranking criminal on the list was one Korius, a very dangerous melee combatant, Bronn asked for his head to be brought in on a sliver platter, and actually supplied the platter. Next highest was the Earthen mage Kiana. They didn't elaborate on any other possible targets except compatriots of Korius and Kiana.

"Before any hunting and violence... a warm meal.... " he said to himself as he grabbed the arm of a passing villager.
"Excuse me sir, but which way to the closest inn possible with the best eats around here?"
"Why yes, you just take the right down this street, and keep walking until you find the Poleska Inn"
"Thank you for your time good sir"

With this new found knowledge Felodran practically sprinted towards the Poleska, his grumbling stomach agreeing with his train of thought.
"Finally, something besides cold rations!"
Opening the door he quickly took a seat at the bar and looked around. From the various foods the patrons were having he knew he found the right place. The smells of the delicacys assaulting him from all directions, it took all of his self control to not rob the patrons of their food.
"Barkeep, get me a tall glass of your best ale and the best food you got in this joint!" He demanded with a great big grin on his face. Sighing as the barkeep left, he took off his helmet and let his hair hang over his eyes. It was a long way over here, bounty or no bounty now was the time to just kick back, and relax.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 02:07:13 AM by Gabag »

Offline Entaru

• Lovable Lion
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #284 on: March 03, 2010, 02:09:27 AM »
Entaru, by this time, was back from the baths and had listened in on the conversation.  He would have to follow them out fairly early.

Dawn...ugh.  My least favorite time of day.  Well at least the infection will most likely wake me.   God, I say that like its a good thing.  Oh, well.  Better get packed...oh right...I'm wearing everything.  Excellent...less work for me.  Entaru's thoughts went through his head like lightning.  

A waitress walked up to him. "Can I get you anythin' hon?"

Entaru looked at the waitress, startled.  "Huh?  Oh!  Yes, I'll just have a leg of mutton, thank you...that is unless you're on the menu."  Entaru grinned wolfishly.

Now it was the waitress' turn to be startled.  "What?"  A second passed and the woman started laughing "Oh, you scared me there.  Wow, you are just like my grandpa.  He's always teasing me like that.  I'll get your mutton."

Entaru's jaw dropped as the waitress walked away.  "G-g-g-grandpa?  Awwwwwww!"  Entaru's head clanged to the table as he dounled over in disbelief.