The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128931 times)

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #315 on: March 08, 2010, 03:47:28 AM »
Drevo finally arrived with the others at the lighthouse after a few hours of walking. He walked in followed by the others; the room fell silent as he looked around at his several family members. "Drevo!" exclaimed several of them. "Oh, honey! I'm so glad to see you!" cried a woman as she threw her arms around Drevo. "I'm glad to see you too, mother." said Drevo hugging her. "There's mah boy!" said Drevo's father walking over and patting him on his back. "Father, It has been awhile, you got old!" said Drevo heartily. "Hahaha, still young enough tah tan yer hide!" said Drevo's father grabbing him around the neck playfully. "Oh there's my gradndson! Come give me a hug." Drevo walked over to her and gave her a hug. "It's good to see you, Aunt Leera."

As Drevo looked around the room the front door was suddenly kicked open and someone stumbled in. "We got trouble..." said the man. "What? What is it, Fardell?!" asked Alexia. Fardell dropped to his knees revealing an arrow in his shoulder. Drevo and Nayala rushed to the side of their cousin and helped him over to the couch. "Are you alright, Fardell?!" asked Drevo. "Oh...Drevo, you made it..." said Fardell chuckling a bit. "Who did this to you, buddy?" asked Ferdande. "Voronese Knights...Their here..." replied Fardell. Drevo quickly stood up and marched outside; he looked down the hill and saw several knights marching towards the lighthouse. "This is not good..." said Drevo glumly. The others came out and looked at them aswell. "Holy crap...There has to be atleast fifty of'em!" said Ferdande.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #316 on: March 08, 2010, 09:44:32 AM »
Kitt and his father rolled their eyes and jumped out after Korius... following the rest of the group they leapt from roof to roof, slipping and sliding along the shingles and roof tiles which where easily displaced...
"so.... we gotta plan.... lets do this.."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #317 on: March 08, 2010, 01:51:23 PM »
As they reached the town gates, they slowly got off the roofs and Korius put White down. "That should be okay for now. I don't think they noticed us. From here, we head west. Let's get on it. It's only a day's hike into their territory, so we can't get horses. Remember to keep your hoods up when we pass the border, everyone. Also, we're going to have to avoid all the cities, so our four-day hike might take longer. Let us hope that the bounty hunters on that side of the border aren't smart enough to travel in packs or go to small villages. However, I don't believe they know about anyone but Valius, Drevo, Kiana and myself. But just in case, in villages, stay loose, so if we do get in trouble, the rest of you can break off without being noticed and take their backs. Minus you, of course, White. Oh, and I almost forgot. You know that old woman who's son you helped when we first met? *takes out a scroll from his gi and hands it to White* She may not be rich, but she has very valuable antiques. It's a white-magic scroll. Apparently, for barrier magic. I suggest you read it, it might come in handy."

Felodran yawned as the sun hit high noon. Yep, anytime now. They're going to come through that door and I'm going to be rich beyond my wildest dreams. He rubbed his hands together in greed and yawned again, keeping a sharp eye at the door.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 05:22:28 PM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #318 on: March 08, 2010, 08:03:54 PM »
Kiana followed along, jumping down from the roof and landing gracefully. As she walked, she listened to Korius talk. Her eyes scanned the area as they walked. A four day journey sounded extremely boring but she knew she was going to have to get used to it since she'd be doing much of the same for a while now. Her mind reeled back to her bounty hunt the other day. She really wished she could have given the beast what he really deserved instead of having to keep him alive for the bounty. "I hope you're at peace now, Kamau." She spoke softly to herself as she looked towards the sky. "Thanks for everything, brother." She looked forward again and tried to think about better things.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #319 on: March 08, 2010, 08:26:42 PM »
*White shook away the green feeling on his expression, but still retained his ear-splitting headache from the hangover and  took the scroll with as much curiosity possible in his state and interest from Korius, looking at it like a treasure; he squinted at the scroll paper after opening it* "Huh... it's blank, but I can see a faint imprint of some words." *White took his head back then thought back to the woman he helped and then to himself did a bow back to the urban area* "Thank you Miss." *The perplexed wolf's mind fogged with separated thoughts then turned back to Korius and now Kiana who was getting ahead of him while he was standing there*

"Oh crud, wait for me!" *White trudged over and tried to keep up while trying to hold up his seemingly heavy head feeling it rock around in his skull* "I really really... don't want to be like this again." *White walked a little faster to catch up to Korius and tapped lightly on his shoulder to gather his attention and walking at his side looking from side-to-side and behind him to make sure he knew where he was going* "Err.. how do I read this scroll?" *White raised up the blank sheet and pointed at the faint imprints that he saw, hoping that Korius would notice* "There doesn't seem to be a way to look at this thing.." *White turned it in like 4 different directions while walking along and then pressed it against his face trying to eye it closer, but then stopped short hitting a tree in his walking path* "...." *He stayed silent then recovered from his mistake and lowered the scroll returning to Korius's side in the line of walking without saying another word while feeling embarrassed to a whole new level of imbecile*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #320 on: March 08, 2010, 08:52:58 PM »
Felodran almost fell asleep.

"They said they would wake up in the morning... where are they!"

Then like lightning, the realization hit him.

"Wait a minute.... what if they already left before I could find out... and are leaving the city right.... now"
He facepalmed and sprinted out of the inn, knocking a pair of wealthy looking nobles

"OUTTA MY WAY RICHIE!" He yelled as he high tailed it to the gates.
However the nobles weren't the kindest of people, and for some reason one drew his sword and gave chase.
"Oh bugger... I know the perfect way to get rid of him though!"
"HELP HELP, I'M BEING REPRESSED!" he yelled, and a guard came outta nowhere and smashed into the nobleman, who was promptly taken away for violence against another.

Smiling to himself, he forgot to look ahead of him, and smacked face first into the town gates, nearly breaking his nose.
His helmet ringing, he stumbled backwards, trying to regain control of it.

After he did, he leaned over a barrel and nearly deposited his lunch inside of it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 08:54:37 PM by Gabag »

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #321 on: March 09, 2010, 12:11:47 AM »
"What are we going to do? There is too many." said Alexia panicing. Drevo grabbed her by the shoulders and looked her in the eye. "It's okay...We'll get through this." he said assuringly. Alexia began to blush and look away from Drevo embarresed. Ferdande scoffed as he put back on his mask and took out his bow. "No time like the present." he said stringing up three arrows. "You think you can hit them that far off?" asked Drevo. "Just watch me..." as he said that he released the arrows and they sored through the air and hit their target with deadly force. "Awesome!" said Kiril exitedly. He took out his sling shot and picked up a rock and tried to shoot that far aswell; he didn't notice any definate hit. "Here, Kiril, take these." said Ferdande handing him a bag of small metal balls. "Cool!" Kiril exitedly loaded one up and shot it randomly down range at the approaching force. Surprisingly to everyone one of the knights fell off the side of the cliff into the ocean. Kiril jumped up and down in exitement.

"I'll go slow them down." said Drevo walking towards the knights. Nayala stopped him short and stood infront of him. "No, this will be easy for me, they are right next to the ocean...This is my playing field..." Nayala said cockily. Before either of them could debate any further shouting came from atop the lighthouse. "Hee hee hee, time tah see if ah still got it!" said Drevo's Uncle Jeril as he strung an arrow on a bow and shot it at the knights. He continued firing arrow after arrow as Drevo's father and mother darted past Drevo and Nayala. "I say we all just go!" said Drevo's father. Like it was an order the rest of them charged down the hill towards the knights together.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #322 on: March 09, 2010, 12:56:46 AM »
Korius waved off White's question, "You're better off asking Kiana. From what I know, only magic-users of the same affinity as the scroll's spell can read it. Kiana might know, since she knows high-level spells." He walked a little quicker for the rest of the day. It had been very uneventful and long. The border was another 2 hours away when the sun set on them. Korius looked for some trees and pulled down some branches, digging a pit. "We'll camp here for tonight. Tomorrow, we cross. Once that happens, we'll be on alert all day and night. Relax while you can." After starting the fire, Korius sat against the tree next to the fire and took out a bar of metal. Slowly, he carved into it.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #323 on: March 09, 2010, 01:32:14 AM »
Kiana tuned back in when she heard her name. She thought Korius sounded a little rude when he brushed off White's question but she didn't mention it. Just in case anything happened to anybody, she didn't want to regret anything that she had said. She didn't ask about what White wanted to know until they made camp. Sitting down on the opposite side of the fire from Korius, she looked at White. "What do you need help with, White?" She questioned him and patted the ground beside her for him to sit down. She smiled, but knew this would bring back memories...but maybe sharing a little bit would make her feel better.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #324 on: March 09, 2010, 01:46:07 AM »
*White's hangover by that moment, was basically gone, but now he was just on level ground and decided to just go with the flow from Korius's tidbit of details and then after taking the opportunity given by Kiana, the struggling wolf followed her and sat down looking at the scroll with a continued frustration* "I.. don't know how this scroll works.." *White put a paw to his face nervously and raised up the scroll by holding the top of the parchment which caused the weight of it to come down revealing the apparent clear sheet of paper in front of Kiana* "I can't make any sense of it, but I can see some glyphs that I can actually see which is weird.. though not clear enough to actually read, does this mean I'm not the correct type of magicka user or perhaps not qualified enough?" *He sounded somewhat desperate as he pointed at the faint imprints with his other free paw in his request for dire information to the puzzle the wolf could not solve with what little inexperienced information he had and turned to face her avoiding her eyes* "It would feel disrespectful to look Kiana directly in the eyes this close, so I'll keep my tact." *He lowered the paw to his leg and fidgeted nervously while holding the scroll with his other hand as he had not ever really been up this close to another magicka user before*
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 12:18:59 PM by White Wolf Guardian »

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #325 on: March 09, 2010, 03:56:48 AM »
Drevo and his family fought the knights deep into the night; until they finaly brought it to an end. They wouldn't have been able to manage as well as they did if Nayala hadn't used the ocean to their advantage. She, along with Alexia summoned a series of waves of water that brought the battle to an abrupt end. Tired and drained they all walked triumphently back up the hill to the light house to rest. Little to their knowledge a small elite team was stealthily approaching...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 04:15:53 AM by Srgntcuddles »

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #326 on: March 09, 2010, 04:41:18 AM »
Korius listened into the conversation around him as he continued to carve the special metal bar that he had in his hands. It was really flat, and about 2 feet long. As he carved into it, he thought back to the days when he was ordained as the captain of The Knights of Gaia. He also started remembering his days that he spent alongside Valius, before naming him his successor. The memories brought a smile to his face and he continued on with his work. He had been at this for 3 hours now, and there was barely any noticeable difference on the bar, but he just kept working at it, slowly fading into a deep sleep.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #327 on: March 09, 2010, 04:13:40 PM »
Kiana shook her head a little and removed the scroll from White's hand, laying it down on the ground in front of them. "Don't stress so much about it." She said as she looked at him and then at the scroll. "What you need to do is put your hand on it and transfer some of your majicka to it. How much majicka you need to use depends on the level of the spell. Once you get it right, you should be able to decrypt what it says." She smiled slightly, looking back up at White then over at the fire.
"My brother actually helped me figure that out my first time." Her golden eyes seemed to sparkle and glow in the firelight. "He let me practice my moves on him since he was always strong enough to defend against them because as I was getting better with my spells, he was becoming a better warrior. He was years ahead of me anyway." She let out a slight chuckle at that. "I always loved how proud I seemed to make him. More proud than I made my parents. They didn't like their little girl fighting. Noblewomen weren't supposed to fight, they were supposed to be helpless and need protection. Kamau knew I was strong and he knew I didn't like the way things were supposed to be for me. I didn't like how the world of nobles worked. He helped me become what I am now, what I love being." She sighed but it was at least a partially happy sigh. She watched the fire dancing as she scooted away from White a little bit and laid down on her side, slowly starting to doze off.

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #328 on: March 09, 2010, 05:43:24 PM »
*White listened intently to her instructions and her story* "Oh... I had no idea Kiana..." *He watched her go to sleep* "I wish I knew she was a noble, otherwise I would have been even more nice...but at least I know what to do now... I think."

*White looked down at the scroll before him and placed his hands on it like he did for his healing practice and focuses his magicka into it* "Alright, here's my go!" *He spread the glyphs about on the page and they seemed to go in completely random directions to him* "This is definitely going to take awhile, but damn I love puzzles!" *The wolf looked over it carefully again and then rolled it up and began to drift off to sleep while sitting up thinking about it still*

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #329 on: March 09, 2010, 06:24:58 PM »
Entaru trotted tiredly to a halt as he saw the smoke from the group's campfire.  More than once he had lost them throughout the day.  Entaru rubbed his aching feet and pulled a exceptionally large thorn out of his boot.  "Ugh...its about time.  What are kids made of these days?  Waaaaay too much energy...that's what it is."  Entaru flicked the thorn away, sat down next to a tree and let his head thud lightly against it.  He began humming a light tune to himself for a moment as he watched the smoke curl about.

Then he stopped humming...but something else still was...and it was getting much louder and angrier.  Entaru's eyes widened as he felt what was to be the first of many stings.

"YAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!"  Entaru ran screaming as a swarm of bees enveloped him.  Then he remembered the smoke and how much bees hated smoke.  Still screaming, he ran towards the camp, all the while swinging his arms about and tripping over his robe.