The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128939 times)

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #360 on: March 14, 2010, 07:26:26 AM »
As Drevo was in Alexia's embrace Ferdande heard something; it was the sound of hooves off in the distance. "Guys, we got company!" shouted Ferdande. Drevo looked around and saw several figures approaching in the distance. "Everyone hide! Now!" barked Drevo. Alexia let go of Drevo and they both hurried into the treeline and hid. They stood there and waited; the figures got closer and closer. The sound of hooves beating got louder and louder. As the figures got closer Drevo reckognised the leader of the group. "E-Elistro?!" he muttered. "Elistro?! Drevo you really pissed these guys off!" said Ferdande. The horses got closer and slowed down until they reached a full stop near Drevo and the others. Elistro looked around and saw the eaten apples littered across the ground. "Someone has been here, find them!" commanded Elistro.

His men quickly dismounted and began to look around. Drevo looked to the others who were all looking at him; he mouthed something and held his paw up. He closed finger after finger slowly; when his paw was closed the srung out of hiding. Imediately Layala let out a small stream of water from one of the few canteens she wore on her belt and Alexia froze it impaling one of the men. Taken by surprize Elistro's horse began to kick about as Drevo and Alexia hopped on a horse. Layala got on one too and pulled Kiril up with her. Ferdande fired a few bolts from the small crossbows strapped to his wrists and ran off with the others as they rode off into the distance. "You idiots! Go after them!" roared Elistro furiously as he calmed down his horse and persued. His men quickly mounted the horses and followed after him.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #361 on: March 14, 2010, 10:52:14 AM »
Both Rangers took a few steps back, raising crossbows to shoulders.... they couldnt exactly fire at the moment, not without turning the newcommer, Korius, White and Kiana into pincushions.... realising this they instead kept their repeater bows trained on the group, ready to help if they could....
"Dad.... what we gonna do?"
Kitts father looked quickly over at his son, and then back to the group, keeping his crossbow steady, he murmured back...
"Uh.... just... just shoot anything that moves, and doesnt look friendly..."

• Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #362 on: March 14, 2010, 01:52:01 PM »
Korius watched Felodran's eyes as he talked. He grunted to get up, but found himself pinned as well. "Kiana! You can let go now! *Looks back at Felodran* So you're that second-rate bounty hunter I've heard about. *Looks over to Kiana and in a more polite tone* Please?" Korius got up after Kiana finally decided to let them go and hooked Valia back onto its strap. He surveyed Felogran and pulled up his hood. "Put away your weapons, everyone, he's not a threat. *Stops for a second and talks over to Felogran without turning around* You know my name, so you know what I used to be. What did you expect from Bronn and the other Guardians? They rid themselves of threats to their rule. You'd best rethink about where you are and who's your enemy." Korius ran ahead of the group and walked at the head. "Get yourselves mentally prepared. When we reach the border station, expect to fight our way through..."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #363 on: March 14, 2010, 03:18:40 PM »
Kiana hadn't noticed that she had encased part of Korius' feet in the rock as well and by the time he noticed it and asked to be freed, she couldn't have cared less. Making a swift motion to remove the rock from them both, she ignored Korius' words about putting away weapons and that the guy wasn't a threat. She stomped towards Felodran in fury, causing pillars of rock to shoot up in random places around them with each step. "WHAT did you just call me?!" She practically screamed at him as she moved closer. "If you have any desire to keep your manhood, you will NOT speak of me in that way again!" She threatened as she raised a large rock and held it over the area that no man would want crushed. If someone didn't stop her, it was quite possible that she'd do it anyway.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #364 on: March 14, 2010, 07:07:26 PM »
*White stared with his eyes widened at the humongous rock in the air just above Kiana and Felodran as he had learned the man's name* "Oh my Guardian, that rock is several feet off the ground and the size and weight must be at least 3 or 4 digits in weight. That's the scariest girl I have ever seen in my life, I hope never to get on Kiana's bad side... ever." *White just stood staring at Kiana still, missing Korius's words as he had never seen magicka of this magnitude before* "I didn't even know such things were possible.."
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #365 on: March 14, 2010, 10:45:11 PM »
"My my my... she has quite the attitude" Felodran muttered as he rolled away from the rock that was really heavy looking.

"You should calm down there... magic is a dangerous thing..." he cooed, cautiously approaching Kiana with hands raised.
"I was simply speaking out of turn, and assumed you were like the other women, but I can see I'm staring into the eyes of an intelligent, strong independent woman. And before you say anything no I'm not trying to seduce you."

"If I was a second rate bounty hunter.. then how come I was able to track you down so easily, formulate a detailed and logically easy plan to capture you, and with a few simple words, turn a calm and collected sorceress into an enraged killing machine. If I'm 'second-rate' then the first rate hunters would easily tear you all apart with little effort.
Get your acts together.... your not facing simple disposable soldiers but hardened veterans who know how to play a person to their weakness! I knew Brom was no one to trust... but then I'm a victim to greed.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 12:27:13 AM by Gabag »

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #366 on: March 15, 2010, 12:46:39 AM »
"No offense kiddo, but they aren't as hard to track as you may think." Entaru reasoned "After all, I was able to track them fairly easily.  Furthermore, your detailed and logically easy plan was foiled before you even got a chance to implement it.  If you're second-rate, then I feel their chances of success have only gotten higher"  Entaru leaned on his staff, a clever smirk flitting across his face for a moment.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #367 on: March 15, 2010, 05:06:46 AM »
"Sis, there catchin' up!" shouted Kiril standing behind Layala on the horse. He continued to fire his slingshot at the enemy; which did little to nothing. "Drevo, we gotta do something! We can't out run'em!" shouted Ferdande as he ran along side the horse Drevo was on. "Then we have to fight them!" shouted Layala. "Only to slow them down! Try to take out their horses!" shouted Drevo. They all stopped and turned; Elistro knew what he was doing and accepted Drevo's challenge as they both glared at eachother. Elistro's men caught up and they all dismounted and stood there ground. "Drevo you dog, did you really think you could leave us?" said Elistro walking forward a bit. As he did Drevo walked forward aswell. "You murder inocent people! How can you call yourselves Knights?!" snarled Drevo angrily. "Ah...Poor diluded Drevo...That really hurt coming from you, I took you in for your skill and you stabbed me in the back..." said Elistro calmly. Elistro waved for his men to back up; they did without hesitating.

"I will end you here, Elistro..." said Drevo in an uncharacteristicly dark and forboding voice. As the two squared off Ferdande had snuck away and got into position to take down the horses with some bolts dipped in a tranquilizer. "I mean really, Drevo...You didn't even say goodbye!" said Elistro charging at Drevo as he finished the sentence. He swing his very large Katana. Drevo rolled to Elistro's side and swung his bowstaff at Elistro's leg to trip him. He quickly jumped to dodge and quickly came down with a swing which Drevo rolled forward to dodge. Elistro rebounded from the previous swing and followed up with a second horizontal swing headed for Drevo's back. Drevo did a back flip to dodge and in mid flip he smacked Elistro in the face. They both returned to their fighting stances and squared off again. "I see you have improved slightly, but you are still no match for me!" shouted Elistro charging at him again. He swung several times; Drevo dodging them barely by stepping back. Little known to Drevo he was stepping back towards Elistro's men. With nowhere to go Drevo was stabbed in the shoulder and lifted over Elistro and tossed towards his friends. Drevo screamed in pain as he was flung off the edge of Elistro's sword and rolled across the ground.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #368 on: March 15, 2010, 04:33:03 PM »
The two rangers kept their repeater crossbows loaded and wound back, but kept them pointed to the ground.... though the crossbows where built to withstand great tension, sometimes the loading mechanism could slip, and whichever unlucky person it was pointed at generally found themselves dead quite suddenly...

Kitt's father, the older ranger kept his hood up as he listened to the bounty hunter, one paw rested on the pommel of his shortsword while the otehr gripped the stock of the repeater crossbow, ready to bring the weapon up to chest height and loose a bolt if ever he had to...
His son on the other hand, obviously was in need of training... for his attention had slipped and he was scuffing his paw back and forth in the dirt, a sharp look from his father soon got him with his ears up and attention back....
"So your after Korius..... but what of the rest of us? Where we named in your bounty?"
Vladimir Szarda looked from the bounty hunter to his son, if they had been named and a bounty placed on his head..... godammit that was why most of the rangers where dead... they needed to keep a low profile.... it seemed traveling with Korios had drawbacks...

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #369 on: March 15, 2010, 05:06:09 PM »
Korius didn't bother to give Felodran even a look. "My history makes me easy to track, besides the fact that we just killed Septim. You'd have to be blind to not find me out here. That's what money's for, as well as killing Guardians." Korius sighed and focused on ahead when Vladimir spoke up. "That's why I said to remain loose when we go near any populations. I'm pretty sure they only know about the former Captain of the Knights of Gaia and the runaway Noblese daughter. We all have bounties on our heads to begin with, but only Kiana and I were sighted leaving the castle, aside from Drevo, and he's out to Gaia-Knows-Where." The rest of the walk passed slowly, though it was only an hour left, before they reached the border station. Two guards stepped up, crossbows in hand, asking for documentation. Korius scanned the little station. 6 guards on the two towers surrounding the station and two up front. He looked back at the guards after they asked him for documentation again. Korius reached behind, reaching into the twin-sai holster, "Of course, good sirs. Right here." Korius brought the two sai up, pushing the crossbow heads up and stepped forward, stabbing the two in the heart as the other guards became alert above them.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 06:06:29 PM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #370 on: March 15, 2010, 06:05:38 PM »
Kiana let the rock drop to the ground. "I'm a mage." She snapped, feeling insulted again. She brought up a much smaller rock and flicked it so it would hit Felodran in the head as she turned away from him. It would hurt, but it wouldn't knock him out or do any serious damage. "And I'm a killing machine any day of the week, you just chose the wrong set of words that triggered anger from a previous situation. Don't judge me, fool." She walked off swiftly to resume her usual place in the group as they walked, chuckling to herself.
When they approached the border station, she watched to see what Korius would do. Once he acted, she focused her attention on the guards above them. She remained alert and ready in case she needed to use her majicka to get them through.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #371 on: March 15, 2010, 06:24:28 PM »
*White stayed a distance away and sighed in relief as Kiana calmed down and Felodran survived the situation* "I'm just glad nobody had to die and at the same time I didn't get captured." *The wolf said quietly to himself and then followed along behind Korius and Kiana to the border station. He watched Korius talk to the guards intently* "What is Korius doing... oh guardian." *White watched the sai plunge into the men and the alerts going up overhead* "Is there ever a moment of silence?" *White said behind Kiana*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #372 on: March 16, 2010, 12:55:42 AM »
"Well isn't that lovely."  The sarcasm in his voice almost seemed to bite at the ears of those who heard it.  He looked up at the now alert guards.  Pulling out a small glass orb, he mumbled a quick incantation. 

The orb seperated into two orbs; one flattening, then curling, and becoming opaque until it was a large bowl-shaped mirror, the other stretching and contorting into a thick transparent disk.  Entaru held the mirror as the disk floated at an angle in front of him.  Then as he postioned the mirror just right, the light from the sun reflected from the bowl in a small beam.  The beam struck the disk and all but disappeared as the light became only needle thin.

"Time to MagnifryTM!"  Entaru shouted as the beam of light struck one of the guards (who was readying his crossbow to shoot at Korius) and caused his clothes to burst into flames.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #373 on: March 16, 2010, 03:30:59 AM »
"Drevo!" shouted Alexia and Layala. Ferdande knew it was time and shot several bolts into the horses. Elistro noticed and infuriated marched towards Drevo who was begining to rise to his feet. He brought his Katana down towards Drevo; who held his Bowstaff over his head to block it. The katana went right through it and cut Drevo across the chest. A look of shock over came Drevo's face as the others screamed out his name. Enraged, Nayala blasted Elistro with a stream of water; knocking him off his feet. Drevo fell backwards as he dropped his bowstaff that was now in two. Alexia caught him and dragged him away as Ferdande came over to help her. "Go! Get him out of here!" shouted Layala. "No...I won't leave them..." muttered Drevo as he was lifted onto a horse. Ferdande got behind him as Alexia hopped onto another horse and extended her hand to Kiril. Kiril ran to his sister and stood beside her and shot his slingshot as she whipped streams of water at the men who were trying to pass her.

"Go! Now!" barked Layala. Ferdande nodded and he rode off with Drevo followed by Alexia. "No...Please..." mumbled Drevo slowly losing conciousness from blood loss. Ferdande held onto Drevo as he whipped the reins to go faster. Before Drevo lost consciousness he mumbled the name "Jarik" and the name of the last town he was in, Ferdande knew of it and rode off in it's direction.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #374 on: March 16, 2010, 04:14:24 PM »
As soon as Korius had attacked both the rangers pulled back cloaks, drawing repeater crossbows up to their shoulders and took aim....
"Go for the towers!"
Kitt's father shouted and pointed to the tower where guards where already readying bows, his son nodded and took aim. Both loosed bolts towards the tower, as soon as the first shots where airborne, they where already drawing back the clockwork loading mechanism and firing a second shot, followed by a third, and then a fourth...

The guard nearest to the side of the tower shouted out in surprise, even though it was too late, the woodwork around him literally exploded into splinters and flying metal... The guard was blown off his feet, two fist sized holes in his chest where steel bolts had found their mark, around him two other guards screamed in pain as either bolts or flying splinters clawed their way into flesh and bone....
"We've got this tower! Kiana, could you get the other!?"