The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128969 times)

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #525 on: April 11, 2010, 12:52:40 AM »
The night before, Felodran just ignored Korius's snide comments, and decided if no one would keep watch, he would.
So he stayed up all night. It was a peaceful night, and the knight got to admire the stars, burning brightly in the vast reaches of the sky.
"A reward for my ability to survive thus far? I think so" He thought to himself, as he went on to admire the stars.

The next morning, he was asleep, he was woken up by Kiana shuffling about in a tree.
"Good morning Ma'am... pleasure to see someone appreciate the mornings" He said, with a tip of the helmet.
Sure she was temperamental, but she was a likable character, it would just take time.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #526 on: April 11, 2010, 08:48:24 AM »
Vladimir had barely slept, waking at sunrise he pulled on his cloak, sword scabbard, crossbow and quiver of crossbow bolts... and then turned to see Kitt still snoring and deep asleep... He shook his head, and walked over to the feline, giving him  a nudge...
"Hey Kitt..... wake up..."
Kitt mumbled somthing, and then rolled over.. still snoring... Vladimir frowned, and then shoved him a bit harder...
"C'mon, its dawn... you wake up now..."
Kitt yawned widely, staring up at his father through bleary eyes... "Aww... c'mon Dad, i'm thirteen now... that means i shouldnt have to wake up so early..."
Vladimir grabbed Kitt by the hood of his cloak and dragged him to his feet, shoving his sword and bow into his protesting paws....
"On the contrary... it means you should be able to wake up earlier seeing as your older.... see you at the campfire..."
With that he walked back towards the rest of the group with a still half asleep Kitt in tow....
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #527 on: April 12, 2010, 05:24:40 PM »
Entaru's eyes snapped open as his dream ended.  Once again, the glaring daylight struck him square in the eyes pulling him fully from his stupor.  Unlike before, however, he got up without complaint.  His chest still hurt from the healing.

Wait...healing?

Entaru looked around frantically, suddenly aware that he should have died the night before.  Then the rest of the night came back to him.  "Thanks for the help, boy.  Not sure if I could have made it through that one."

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #528 on: April 12, 2010, 07:09:44 PM »
Drevo was last to wake up, he let out a loud yawn as he tilted his hat back up. He turned towards the other and noticed Kiana was gone, curious wwhere she went he looked around until Korius brought back a boar over his shoulder. Seeing it brought his hunger back, instead of getting up and going towards it he sat there and examined his weapon instead. He took out the hidden katana half way then slid it back in and went to uncover the other side. It was his hidden spear head, satisfied he put the cover back on and use his bowstaff to help him to his feet.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #529 on: April 12, 2010, 11:08:07 PM »
Korius threw the boar onto the ground and started the fire up again. After the fire was up, he went over towards the tree that Kiana was on. "Good thinking, smaller trees are good to skewer a boar that size." Korius unwrapped Valia for the first time in days and it glimmered as he wound up and, in a flash, slashed the tree near the bottom cleanly. After the tree fell, Korius rewrapped Valia and took out the katana, cutting an edge on both sides. He skewered the boar and cooked it for a good hour after having cut slits into it so it cooks faster. "Someone help me lift this up and drive the edge into the ground?"

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #530 on: April 13, 2010, 12:58:05 AM »
Kiana jumped down from the tree and landed on her right knee with her right hand braced against the ground as well, making a dent in the ground with how she cushioned her impact. "Son of a..." She grumbled as she stood up and walked over to another tree, leaning against it. She stayed leaned against that tree for the whole hour that the boar was cooking, just watching the fire. When Korius asked for help, she could have easily done the job but she just looked off in another direction, surveying the surroundings.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #531 on: April 13, 2010, 03:36:21 AM »
"Oh that's good, I'm glad to see that I helped in some way Entaru." *White spun around to see Kiana fall down from the tree and walk over with some pain being legible from her facial expression* "Are you alright?" *The wolf asked in a concerned manner, not really sure if he was concerned more about her or himself at this point because of possible further exhaustion* "I hope I don't have to do more healing today..." *His stomach growled* "I'm hungry..." *He looks at the cooking boar and licks his lips in anticipation*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #532 on: April 13, 2010, 11:30:04 AM »
Vladimir walked up beside White, giving a brisk "G'morning" as he sheathed his sword and finished pulling on his rangers cloak...

Kitt on the other hand pulled his cloak on halfway, tripped over his own sword, almost fell into Kiana and slammed into the tree she had been leaning on with a sharp ~smack!~... Picking himself up from the dirt, he brushed himself off and sheathed his sword, his hood was up but it still didnt cover the fact that he was blushing heavily... He walked past Kiana, still blushing and mumbled from under his hood "mornin' Miss..."

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #533 on: April 13, 2010, 09:17:05 PM »
Felodran gave Kiana a really really dirty look, basically staring daggers into her, because she ignored the fact he was attempting to be civil. A look that said "I hate your soul". He turned away from his dagger staring and stood up and yawned, then he quickly got his bedroll ready, having been awake the nigh before.

"The things I do for random people who could very well stab me in the back...." He pulled a blanket around himself, and propped his head against a pillow, and finally slipped away into sleep.

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #534 on: April 14, 2010, 05:11:26 PM »
Entaru leaned back on a rock and watched as the boar cooked.  There was no way he could've helped Korius to move the thing, so he didn't even bother trying.  Heck, he probably couldn't even lift Kitt even if he used all of his strength.  He stared at the roasting boar hungrily as he waited for it to finish cooking.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #535 on: April 14, 2010, 07:43:01 PM »
When Korius asked for some help Drevo noticed no one stepped forward to help him. All the rude things he said to Drevo played in his head as he looked around for a split second to see if anyone had reconsidered. As the memories passed in that split second Drevo couldn't stop himself from stepping forward, his chivilrous nature acted in an instant causing him to walk towards Korius. He didn't want to, but it was too late to turn back now. Drevo let his bowstaff fall to the ground and pulled back his sleeves as he grabbed one end of the skewered boar. "I got you, go ahead." He waited for Korius to make the next move, ready to do as needed.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #536 on: April 14, 2010, 11:11:36 PM »
"Just hold still." Korius pushed his end up and then jumped up, driving the end behind Drevo's shoulder into the ground. He landed beside Drevo. "Eat well, we're going to push to get to the village before sunset." With a swift swing of the twin sai, Korius cut off a slab from the exceptionally large boar. He bit into it and chewed heartily on it before swallowing and taking another bite. "At the very least, I don't have to listen to that stomach of yours for a long time."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #537 on: April 15, 2010, 12:21:29 AM »
Kiana looked over at White and read his expression. "I'm fine." She responded. "I didn't fall, I jumped. Controlling earth is handy for cushioning impacts. But thanks for actually being concerned about me since no one else seemed to be." She half-smiled to show that she was sincere. Since she was looking at White, she didn't even notice Kitt's embarrassing moment, so she was confused as to why he was blushing when he spoke to her. "Morning Kitt." She returned his greeting before walking around the tree and away from the group. It wasn't long until she found what she was looking for. Holding the bottom of her staff and extending it upwards, she knocked an apple from a tree and caught it with her left hand. She replaced her hand to its normal position on her staff and walked back to the group, returning to the tree she had been leaning against and taking a bite out of the apple.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #538 on: April 15, 2010, 12:33:56 AM »
"Oh okay... you had me worried there." *White turned back to Kitt and looked with somewhat dizzy eyes at this point* "I feel like I've been spinning around all morning now..." *He shook his head and could see straight again* "Morning Kitt! I'm glad to see you well." *After saying that unintentional double entendre comment, the wolf's stomach basically growled at him at this point* "Sorry about that... I'm really hungry." *White turned to where Korius and Drevo were at by the roasted boar* "Can I have a few pieces of that meat before we start carrying it? I think I'll be more helpful with some protein sitting in the bottom of my stomach."
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #539 on: April 15, 2010, 12:35:07 PM »
Kitt had got halfway to the fire, returning White's greeting, and attempting not to meet Kiana's eyes again; before he was stopped by his father...
"C'mon then kiddo... i told ya i was gonna train you how to use that new sword properly... and no time like the present, eh?"
Kitt groaned, his stomach growling.. "Can' it wait till ive had somthin' to eat dad?"
Vladimir raised an eyebrow, drawing his own blade...

"You think an adversary is just gonna wait for you to finish your breakfast?... c'mon, your thirteen now, old enough to handle his own sword..
With that he drew Kitt slightly away from the rest of the group, not trusting kitt's ability to not injure someone while practicing, and then pulled his sword up into the guard position....
"Right.... i'm gonna gaurd against all yoru attacks, you've gotta get through my defence..."
Kitt drew his own sword, the blade flashing silver as the enchantment on the steel burst into life...
"Aw c'mon dad... you know youre gonna be embarased when i beat you..."

With that the two sparred, Vladimir, though getting old himself; blocked almost every attempt by Kitt... the younger feline seemingly got better as they faught, almost breaking his fathers defence once, until he tripped and was sent sprawling in the dirt.... Jumping back up, and trying not to look at Kiana or anyone else, he swung his shortsword again, going for a stopthrust....