The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128966 times)

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #540 on: April 15, 2010, 10:47:32 PM »
Felodran took a slice of meat and watched the two rangers go at it. The older one seemed to be in a dance. His moves graceful and swift as he parried blow after blow like he'd been doing it all his life.
The younger one, was making mistakes, but was learning quickly. He seemed to know how to feint, and almost broke through his father's guard with one well timed attack.

"Good swordsmen... better archers... These two could be a very talented Assassin pair. Why are they helping a washed up old knight of Gaia, a mage with temperament issues, an old guy, a healer, and some guy everyone seems to hate. And why help me... the guy who threatened to kill their leaders with a planned hostage attempt?

"Good show you two... Now I know not to mess with the Rangers" he said, crossing his arms across his chest before unsheathing his sword.

"May I join you?"

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #541 on: April 16, 2010, 05:35:40 PM »
Drevo, almost being impaled by meat, rolled out from under the beast muttering something under his breath. "Jerk..." He got to his feet and dusted himself off. "Guess that's  what I get...Whatever..." He quickly dismissed his angry, mostly because he was hungry. Drevo tore a chunk right out of the boar and started eating it heartily, walking back to the tree he slept under. As he did he looked over at Kiana noticing she was just eating an apple. "Wonder if she's still sore at me..." Not noticing it, he was staring again...

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #542 on: April 16, 2010, 09:29:28 PM »
Korius cut off another hunk as he watched the Szardas have thier little pre-meal practice. while he ate. He yelled over, "Vladimir! We're heading out in 30 minutes, get some food in your bellies. We're going to push to make a small village by sunset, we're a little under a two day's walk from the castle. We're going to need the rest in the village once we get there. We'll only have one night of comfort before our next big fight."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #543 on: April 17, 2010, 12:13:34 AM »
Kiana was watching the Szardas duel as she ate her apple. Taking a second to look around, she noticed Drevo staring at her. For some reason, it didn't really annoy her as much as the first couple of times he had done it. She raised an eyebrow as she looked at him. "Can I help you with something, Drevo?" She asked. There was no attitude in her voice like the first time it had happened. It just sounded like her asking a normal question. She probably wasn't annoyed because she had worn out all her negative emotions over the previous days. Now she was just stuck in an in between mood (not positive, not negative).

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #544 on: April 17, 2010, 04:53:15 AM »
*White just sort of took the ignore as a moment to be quiet and put his hands to his pockets and laid against a tree silently, his stomach still growling* "I guess I'll wait, heh." *His eyes sort of drifted off from awake to a zoned-out meditative state and before he knew it, the white mage was long gone from his current place* "The scroll is much to decipher and I suppose I can re-evaluate it with all the time I have right now in my own void..." *The wolf looked at the scroll in his mind and tried a variety of methods to rearrange the glyphs*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #545 on: April 17, 2010, 08:49:42 AM »
Vladimir turned from the duel to face felodran, and paid for his momentary lapse in concentration as Kitt swept him off his feet with a well placed kick... For a moment it seemed Vladimir was unbalanced and fell backwards, only to twist midair and land in front of Kitt with his sword to the felines throat....
"Dead......"
Kitt gulped, the tip of the sword inches away from his adams apple, Vladimir pulled the sword away and sheathed the still humming blade.... "But getting better, if that had been a regular soldier who had been distracted you coulda got him...."
With that he turned back to Felodran, looking from him, to Korius and the meat.... he shrugged apologetically....
"Maybe next time?... for now i think breakfast would be welcome indeed...."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #546 on: April 18, 2010, 05:56:30 AM »
Entaru finished his meal silently.  No one seemed to care that the old man had nearly died the night before.  Sighing, he downed his last piece of boar and waited.  A song floated into his head that seemed oddly appropriate to his situation.  He remembered it from his childhood in his village, with small children singing it in near unison, giggling.  It was along the lines of a depressed little boy, tired of being ignored and doing something that had gotten everyone's attention at once.  The song played back in his head at a low volume.  Everybody hates me!  Nobody likes me!  Guess I'll go eat worms!  Entaru snickered as the song continued.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #547 on: April 18, 2010, 06:22:36 PM »
Drevo choked a bit when Kiana asked him, not only was it the first time someone used his name but he was caught staring again. This time a double punch to the gut wasn't there to help him dodge the question, giving him only two choices; answer, or feel her wrath. Neither choice seemed pleasant, one choice would make it sound like he was coming on to her and the other would leave him dead. He was torn between the choices, clearly having trouble deciding, death or admit his feelings. Normally it wouldn't have been a tough choice any normal person but he had trouble. Until he finally choked out an answer. "I thought you needed protection, I don't want to sound insulting or seductive but I wasn't sure of your power and felt obligated to watch over you, protecting you when needed. I hope you don't think ill of me, Kiana, or despise me, I apologize for not saying it earlier but it was hard for me, for personal reasons. Anyway, I hope you can forgive me, I get the feeling you don't think too highly of me as is." With that said Drevo bowed slightly, saying sofly. "I hope you can forgive me, Kiana." He then walked away.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #548 on: April 18, 2010, 10:40:46 PM »
Korius finished his meal and went off to warm up his body a bit. He had been feeling lethargic the last couple days, so it should make him feel better to just do some exercises while he waited. Time passed, and Korius felt invigorated and called out to the others as he grabbed his bag. "Let's go, everyone! If we push hard enough today, we'll be raiding the castle really soon. We're heading for the village closest to the castle. From there, we'll rest easy tonight after we discuss our strategy. Make use of our final night of luxury before our big sortie."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #549 on: April 18, 2010, 11:14:55 PM »
Kiana just looked at Drevo and listened, paused in mid-bite. After he finished and walked away and Korius called out for them to move out, she followed after him and did a move to turn the ground underneath his feet towards her and in the direction that the group was headed. "Thank you...for being honest, I mean. At least I know someone would protect me if I needed it, even though I don't. No need for forgiving for no wrongdoing..." She said, only looking at his face for the 'thank you' part and looking at the ground the rest of the time. Turning around, she began walking with the rest of the group.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #550 on: April 19, 2010, 03:20:29 AM »
*White awoke from his meditation and followed silently having gained a bit self confidence in himself* "Onward to the journey... man I'm still hungry. I wish Korius would have given me some meat.." *The wolf shook his head gritting his teeth as he kept walking with a pain building up* "I hope we get to the next town soon or wherever we're gonna end up I hope they have at least one place with food that is still edible..."
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #551 on: April 19, 2010, 03:00:48 PM »
AS Vladimir passed White he pushed a large strip of meat into the wolf's paws....
"Keep your strength up... we could do without a light headed healer..."
With that he carried on walking, Kitt ran to catch up with his father as they pulled up their hoods. Vladimir pulled his sword so in inch of the blade was revealed from the scabbard, and then continued to walk alongside Korius....
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #552 on: April 20, 2010, 04:03:16 AM »
Drevo was relieved to hear Kiana say that, it was uplifting really to not be insulted or dispised for once. Drevo stopped for a moment, an uncontrolable smirk stuck on his face as he looked at Kiana walk off. "That...Was unexpected..." he thought before starting to walk with the rest of them. He still remained in the back of the group with his staff rested behind his neck, though not as far back as usual. Drevo seemed a bit happier, not as depressed as he was through the past days since his family was killed.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #553 on: April 20, 2010, 10:09:05 AM »
The rest of the hike seemed like only an hour or two, what with the happy attitudes all around. They rested at the village that was almost a day away from the Palace. Korius ordered food for them all from the inn keep and rested on the floor, shutting his eyes for a quick nap.

All the while, Entaru had felt something peculiar build up in his chest. As they all settled in, Entaru found himself collapsed onto the floor, gripping his heart. Felodran quickly rushed to the old man, who had been the ononly one to rush to him. Knowing White was still a bit fatigued and tired, Felodran didn't allow White to work on Entaru, as was also agreed by Korius. The local clinician said that Entaru would have to stay at least 1 or more days. He sighed, "I'll stay here with him. You all have a mission anyways. Just don't get killed so that I can kill you myself."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #554 on: April 20, 2010, 02:42:37 PM »
Kiana had occupied herself on the hike by looking around at the scenery and up at the sky. Hiking always made her feel more at one with the earth. Her mood still remained in the in between of good and bad though. It was kind of like she was numb to everything. When they settled down in the inn, she watched the commotion with Entaru and actually felt worry for him but then numbed up after the clinician said he needed to stay another day since that made it sound like it wasn't too bad. Wondering where she wanted to sleep, she left the room and went into one of the other two that no one was in yet. Felodran and Entaru's room was off-limits and she knew she didn't want to room with Korius because she still hadn't forgiven him yet.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 03:07:24 PM by VeeSmith: His Wolfy »