The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128970 times)

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #555 on: April 21, 2010, 01:31:19 AM »
*White nodded to Vladimir in a somewhat zombified manner from his lack of nourishment and the long hike and constant healing work* "Thank you kind sir, I'll have to repay you later.." *The wolf looked down at the meat in his hands and then gobbled it up like a feral wolf*

---------------------------------------------------------

*The wolf stretched having been awake for far too long and was now stuck inbetween the land of sleep and being awake in body and spirit. He looked up surprised to notice Kiana in the same room as him when he walked in.* "Are we sharing the same room tonight? And more importantly... how are you?..." *As he finished that sentence he couldn't help, but release an untamed loud yawn from his throat* "Sorry." *He scratched the back of his head to reduce his feeling of embarrassment*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #556 on: April 21, 2010, 03:07:15 PM »
As soon as they got into the room Kitt slumped against the wall and started to snore, Vladimir nudged him, and when this got no reaction picked him up by the hood of his cloak...
"C'mon, you aint gonna be sleeping there... somones gonna trip over you beside the door..."

Kitt just moaned slightly, attempting to break out of his fathers grip and fall back asleep....
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #557 on: April 21, 2010, 06:08:12 PM »
Drevo walked into one of the rooms, at first glance it was empty of the others. Looking around the room he saw what was in it, a bed, window, table with a few chairs and a chest at the foot of the bed. He walked over to the bed and tossed his bowstaff onto it and began to look at his torn clothing again. Just then a knock on the door came followed by someone calling out "Room service!" Drevo's stomach guided him to the door and opened it for him as he then saw the cart of food outside his door. "Oh thank you, I'm starving." Drevo quickly grabbed a plate loaded with drumsticks and a bottle of sake, closed the door with his foot and walked over to the table. He sat down and poured himself a bit of the sake and gulped it down followed by half of a drumstick. Drevo was now taking the first bite of his third drumstick when he stopped, thinking about where he got his lust for chicken. It was from his father, who was dead, along with the rest of his family. He slammed his fist down on the table with a tear forming in his eye and grabbed the bottle of sake and took a big drink then stood up. He started to mumble something as he clentched his teeth, it gradually became louder until it was almost yelling. "Elistro...Elistro...Elistro...Eilistro!" With that he slammed both hands down onto the table and stomped towards the bed and retrieved his bowstaff. "I will kill you if it takes me the rest of my life..." Drevo then proceeded out of the room, flinging the door open hard enough for it to slam loudly into the wall. "I have to get stronger..." He said as he began walking down the hall.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #558 on: April 22, 2010, 12:20:44 AM »
Korius sighed as everyone got to their rooms, but was glad that he shared his room with the Szardas. They were rangers, so he could expect a quiet atmosphere without problems. He was surprised, though, that they didn't choose to sleep on the bed. Korius got up and patted it before laying onto it. It's been too long since he slept in a decent bed. He closed his eyes and went almost directly to sleep. In his dreams, Korius was back to the times that he spent with Koara as lovers. It was indeed the happiest time of his life, and it was the first good night's sleep he's had for years.

Early the next morning, before dawn, Korius got up and quietly left his room. He talked with the inn-keeper about getting some food for the group. Surprisingly, this little village charged more than back in the major cities did, but what could he do? Well, there goes the rest of MY money. Korius handed over the money and sat at one of the few tables in the little inn. Sure enough, by dawn, the food was ready, and the inn-keep set up two large and long tables of food just for Korius and the party.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #559 on: April 22, 2010, 01:55:40 AM »
Kiana was relieved when she looked up to see that White had joined her in the rooms. If anyone had asked her who she wanted as a roommate, he would have been her first choice. She would have meant no offense to the others, but she just felt comfortable around him. "Looks like it and it's fine by me." She responded and paused before answering his second question. "I feel numb right now. I know that it's probably actually a bad thing...but at least I'll fall asleep fast, even though it might come back to bite me." She said as she crawled into one of the beds and under the covers. "Sorry, but I'm really tired. Goodnight, White."

Kiana had fallen asleep quickly but was paid back tenfold from being numb during the day. She tossed and turned, mumbling and making sounds of distress. "KAMAU!" She yelled, sitting bolt upright in her bed in a cold sweat and breathing heavily. She looked around frantically and then quickly got up from her bed, grabbing her staff and leaving the room. After she shut the door, she began crying as she walked down the hall towards the stairs that led to the front of the inn. Before she got to the bottom of the stairs she managed to make herself stop crying, knowing the Korius was probably up already. She wiped her face with her free hand and descended the rest of the stairs, keeping her eyes on the floor. When she looked up, she saw tables of food and looked at the innkeeper who nodded so she went to sit at one of the tables. She gathered food on her plate then sat there and stared at it in silence. She knew she was hungry and needed to eat to be strong for the upcoming fight but the food didn't look appealing to her at the present moment.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #560 on: April 22, 2010, 02:21:11 AM »
*White kind of nodded with little emotion because even he himself didn't have all his wits about him even at the present moment and he knocked out on his bed pretty fast; the wolf laid there feeling exhausted and just sort of closed them drifting away in a world without walls or floors, felt like floating* "Where am I...?" *The wolf saw his town in the darkness below and Korius in the light above* "Does... this mean that's the world I shouldn't traverse and I should be following a path of revolution?... I guess that was a rhetorical question in itself anyways." *He nodded to himself but was quickly pushed into another place where there was sadness in every place he looked and he noticed Kiana crying to herself without even showing it physically* "Kiana... I can talk to you if you'd like?" *In the dream, she looked up for but a moment*

*The image seemed to blur as he heard a loud echo crash through his mind as a scream broke the impending silence, the wolf scrambled out of bed looking around but didn't see anything except some removed covers upon Kiana's bed and a closed door* "The air smells of negative energy... she must be nearby in a troubled state, that's probably what the dream and the awakening must have been meant for.." *He forgot about his severely exhausted body and dragged himself out the door opening it quietly and looked down the steps to the side, noticing a couple dried stains in the boards* "Sigh... she's a tough girl, this is going to be a core compromised conversation... if she grants me the permission." *The wolf carefully made his way down trying not to be too loud and looked over at the tables spotting his subject, he walked over quietly and pulled up a chair and sat down. For what seemed like a long silence on his part, not even entirely sure if he was awake or still dreaming he began to talk* "I know you are having some troubles...which is why you are here now." *He looked up at her to try to see her eyes with his own* "Kiana... What befell your brother?" *He said in almost a whisper, his face showing fatigue, but prevalent concern in his question*

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #561 on: April 22, 2010, 03:24:04 PM »
The Rangers woke early, just as every day... fully dressed and with swords at their sides they walked down to the Inn's main bar to find a meal already set out....
Only a few other patrons where up at this time, they huddled at another table, eating their own modest breakfast.... A thick set wolf stood up and muscled his way between the rangers and the rest of the group...
"Oi.... yer Rangers aintcha?"
Vladimir attempted to sidestep the villager.. The wolf steeped in his way again, crossing his arms defiantly...
"You guys is wanted roun' ere.... an' the authorities r' givin' quite a high price for any Ranger's head... dead OR alive..."
Vldimir Stopped, looking the man straight in the face... "You seem to be a smart enough person.... keep your nose out of this..."
The wolf's face drained of colour, the muzzle of Vladimir's crossbow nudged his stomach threateningly....
"Hey... sure.... you guys do whatever ya want... nobodys gonna try turn you in, hehe... man'd have ta be stupid ta try that... dont be minding me sirs..." The Wolf walked quickly back to his own table as Vladimir stowed the weapon back under his cloak...
Kitt sat down and started to immediately load up a plate of breakfast, Vladimir frowned slightly, looking over at Korius and the others, before sitting down himself and eating....

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #562 on: April 22, 2010, 06:36:20 PM »
Drevo walked into the room from outside, he hadn't stayed there that night. His clothes were somehow clean and fixed back to normal, no cuts or anything. Drevo saw the table of food as he trudged over to them; the wolf was clearly exausted but the sight of a nice bottle of sake kept him going. He plopped down into his seat and grabbed the bottle and took a large swig of it. He then took a bite of a drumstick followed by another drink before falling face first onto the table; out cold snoring loudly.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #563 on: April 22, 2010, 08:34:42 PM »
Korius nodded his approval of the others being timely, despite the little rough-in the Szardas had. He finished up his meal in a timely, not rushed, manner. Korius sat meditating and then pulled out a parchment and waved everyone over after they finished their meals. He laid it out flat and ran his fingers through it as he explained the plan. "Alright, so here is the plan. It will take us about 6 hours to get to the Palace, so we should arrive there by the afternoon. Before we're within bow range, we'll be setting up a little camp at the thickets about 1 Km out. We'll prep ourselves there and wait until sun-down. Now, the small fry of the normal forces will be easy to dispatch. The challenge is going to be AFTER we enter. Provas' personal guard is comprised of 10 sorcerers/sorceress, with two of each element except for light, therefore, doesn't really have an army. But be careful, I've heard some rumors from the other villages that they are able to do some combination spells, so beware. Kiana, we're going to be counting on you for those 10. White, how's that barrier spell coming along? We'll need it if we want any chance of winning."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #564 on: April 23, 2010, 02:09:04 AM »
Kiana glanced towards Korius to check and see if he was listening in on their conversation. She glanced sideways at White before looking back down at her plate and sighing, grabbing a roll and buttering it. "Kamau was killed by Azzan, a rhino who had never needed a reason to kill another being, just an opportunity." She began, closing her eyes. "Kamau told me to run. He didn't want me to get hurt. I was cowardly enough to hide behind a tree but not enough to leave him entirely. Azzan mainly just wanted my brother's sword. Kamau loved his weapons..." She smiled slightly and shook her head, her eyes still closed. "So he told Azzan no. They fought. I was too afraid, too weak to help him. He wanted me safe and I always listened to him. I was too confident in his abilities to think that he would fall..." Her voice got caught in her throat for a second and her closed eyes tightened more. "But he did. And I just stood there. I stood there and I watched him get killed. I didn't do anything, I just watched him fall!" Her voice raised but was still quiet enough not to really bring attention to them as she opened her eyes and looked at White with disbelief towards herself written in her eyes, then looked sideways at the table. "Azzan took my brother's sword. When he left, I ran to Kamau but I knew he was dead. All I have left of him are memories...memories and..." She reached into her cloak and pulled out what seemed to be one throwing star. With a swift, simple movement while holding it in her fingers, she fanned it out into four throwing stars. "These." She stared at the throwing stars. "I wish I could have killed Azzan when I had the chance back in your hometown..."

That main portion of her story was done before the Szardas sat down. She ate her food slowly after that, never taking her eyes off of the stars. When she was done and Korius waved everyone over, she finally put them back in her cloak. The only time she actually looked up while Korius was talking was when he spoke directly to her. She had listened to his whole speech and gave a small nod. She didn't feel like restating the fact that it'd be tougher for her to defeat the air mages than the others, including the difficulty she would have in their fight with the actual Guardian. She had said it once; if they didn't remember, it wasn't her fault.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #565 on: April 23, 2010, 03:48:59 AM »
*White was sort of lost in the moment seeing as how the entirety of the man she believed in died before her and there was nothing she could do about it, the only thing remaining to his name being the shuriken he carried* "You can't blame yourself for that Kiana, you were but a child.. I know Kamau meant a lot to you, but he's gone and he had your best interests in mind when he told you to flee."
*The wolf looked up and pierced a look in return to Korius with a tired seriousness* "That depends on your interpretation of ready." *He smiled softly and looked back to Kiana, he reached out and offered her his hand* "Here, take my hand for a moment. It's just a little something I wanted to show you."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #566 on: April 23, 2010, 02:51:44 PM »
Kitt watched as White held out his hand to Kiana, all the while he avidly chewed on a fresh bread roll... Vladimir ate heartily as well, listening to Korius' plan....
"Hmm... Korius, do you reckon there'd be any chance of catching any of the sorcerers alone or seperated from the rest.... if we could fight only one or two of them, are chances would be a hell of a lot better than fighting all at once...."
He took another bite of bread, carefully studying the map while he waited to hear what Korius knew...

Meanwhile Kitt kept one ear out for the plan, and the other on the conversation between Kiana and White... he chewed happily on his bread roll, watching the pair with a childish curiosity and interest...

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #567 on: April 23, 2010, 10:10:14 PM »
Drevo was slipping off deeper into sleep, but he wasn't far enough gone not to hear the plan. Korius' words absorbed into Drevo's head like the sponge it had become. A bit of blood trickled out of his nose as he layed his head sideways onto the table and fell asleep. Apparently Drevo gave himself a bloody nose from the impact of his face to the table when he initially passed out from exaustion and being a bit drunk. He snored again while he slept.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #568 on: April 23, 2010, 10:30:22 PM »
Korius snorted to White's little attitude. "Since when did you grow a pair?" He turned his attention to Drevo and gave him a little glomp to wake him up. "When I said to enjoy the night, I meant for you to get some relaxation, not go drinking your (censored) off and risk us being found. Now please pay attention." Korius turned to Kiana and nodded for her to take hold of White's hand. "Alright, let's see what you got."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #569 on: April 23, 2010, 11:05:19 PM »
"I wasn't young enough for that to be a good, acceptable excuse." She mumbled towards the table. "It was only a year and a half ago." She thought to herself. Looking at White's hand hesitantly, she felt the eyes on her and White. "Great...just what I didn't want...attention." She thought as she sighed and slowly took White's hand. She had no idea what he was going to try to do and she wasn't sure if she wanted him to even do anything to her, but with the eyes watching her and with Korius' words, she felt pressured to do it. Closing her eyes, she waited, not wanting to look at anybody, and bit off a mouthful of her toast.