The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128971 times)

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #570 on: April 24, 2010, 01:50:20 AM »
*White just held it softly* "You know true majicka, is when it's not even used in the slightest and yet the presence can be felt that beyond comprehension... there is always something to triumph over evil. You will come to the day where Azzan will regret what he has done. My hand with your's shows you that you can still trust people... we... are your companions Kiana." *The wolf took his hand away and he looked from Kiana to Korius in a rather obvious manner* "In the end we have to be watching each other, or we shall all perish. Whether or not this sounds like foolish corn of the crop tales, it is still true."
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #571 on: April 24, 2010, 02:01:37 PM »
Vladimir listened to White with an air of slight interest.... it was true that they had to stay together.... though as a ranger he had always been one for saving his own skin, and living a life of solitude... he looked over at this son, taking another bite of bread...

Kitt continued chewing on his bread roll, he watched White, Kiana and others with bright amber eyes as he kept chewing.... Vladimir coughed lightly, having finished his breakfast...
"So.... when do we get moving?"
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #572 on: April 24, 2010, 06:03:17 PM »
When Korius glomped Drevo he sat up and waved his hands around like a fly was buzzing around him. He soon realized what happened when he heard Korius badgering him about being out all night. Drevo stood up and looked to Korius as he turned to Kiana and White, he was clearly drunk as he he took a few wobbly steps towards Korius from behind. "Ooooh shush, you crashy dog you...I was out trainin' to be shtronger, and...And I got my clothes patched up...And...Come'ere." With that Drevo threw his arms over Korius' shoulders and glomped his ear in retaliation to his own glomp.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #573 on: April 24, 2010, 07:12:15 PM »
Korius pushed the drunkard off his shoulders and ran his full mug of cold water over Drevo's mouth like a muzzle. "Alright, now let's get back on topic. White, just make sure you can at least make a barrier shield of any kind. Only your barrier's gonna save our butts when we get into the fight. Without it, there's a veeeerrrry good chance that we'll be screwed. Rangers, I hope you guys didn't use up those enchanted bolts. You might just need them." Korius rolled up the parchment and put it back into his cloak. He slung the wrapped Valia back onto his back and picked up the katana, the sai holster already on his sash. "Now let's move out."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #574 on: April 24, 2010, 07:52:53 PM »
Kiana opened her eyes but didn't look at Korius when White did but she noticed him do it. Of course, she knew White was right about what he said. Still, the group would never replace her brother. They didn't fit right in that hole. Plus it didn't help that she thought that Korius was still being an insensitive, heartless (censored) so she didn't have complete trust in him still. She would still protect him and the rest of the group though but not having trust in one of them would make it difficult. When Korius said to move out, she got up from her seat and followed after him in silence.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #575 on: April 24, 2010, 08:26:08 PM »
*White got up carefully and followed behind Kiana thinking about the scroll* "Guess I'll be as ready as I'll ever be, I wonder what battles await beyond our town here. I think as long as I stay close to the others I should be fine, but the one making the shield might be the direct target, so this concerns me to an extent.." *White shrugged to himself and kept walking trying not to think about it*

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #576 on: April 24, 2010, 08:44:08 PM »
Vladimir looked through his quiver of crossbow bolts, most of them had the usual dark oak shafts and white fetching, but among them glittered nine sparking and shining golden bolts embued with the rune of lightning...
"Well, me and Kitt have both only used a single enchanted bolt each... and I have at least fifty regular bolts.. what about you Kitt?"
Kitt rummaged through his own quiver, reaffirming that he did indeed have nine enchanted bolts left, and around forty regular bolts....
"Well unfortunately the enchanted bolts need to be loaded in separately and singularly... unlike the regular bolts which can be loaded with up to five at a time...."
Hoisting his repeater crossbow over one shoulder Vladimir pulled up his hood, Kitt copied and did the same...

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #577 on: April 24, 2010, 10:56:54 PM »
Drevo quickly sobered up having cold water dumped on him. He then said somthing completely inaudible and wiped his face with his robe. He then looked at the others, seeing they were standing up and getting ready to move. It seemed clear they were about to leave so he grabbed his weapon and stuffed a bread roll in his mouth. He then chewed it, waiting for them to leave so he could follow.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #578 on: April 24, 2010, 11:52:28 PM »
Korius walked out, apparently having to lead them in directions, too. The walk wasn't anything special, as he mentally prepared himself for the fight ahead. For all the fights in his life, Korius has only feared two kinds of opponents. The first one is ninjas, and the second was an army of magic-users. He's killed many sorcerers/sorceresses over the years, and even a few mages, but an army of them? The fighting strategy was in a nature that he feared to ever engage in. The beast inside him would have to be released, and he might have to repeat the history of seeing his comrades dead by his hands before his eyes again.

Korius shook his head as they hid for the rest of the day, waiting to infiltrate the Palace at nightfall.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #579 on: April 25, 2010, 12:37:20 AM »
Kiana walked the whole way in silence. The only part of the upcoming battle that she worried about was fighting the air mages and the Guardian who was one in the same. Facing your elemental opposite could be a very difficult task if you weren't accustomed to their style and pattern of thought. It was one of the things she had studied up on years ago so at least she knew more about it than your average mage. She just hoped that the studying helped her in the upcoming battle. All she felt as they waited in hiding for nightfall was eagerness for the fight. She wanted to just take out all the pent up emotions on someone or something and the fight would be the best opportunity to take it out on those who deserved it. Unfortunately, she couldn't take them out on the prime suspects for obvious reasons. She sighed and tried to think about how she was going to go about fighting all the mages, especially the air ones, as she stared at the dirt from where she sat on the root of a tree.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #580 on: April 25, 2010, 02:18:22 AM »
*White laid in some grass by himself to unfold his scroll* "Alright no harm in taking a few more looks at this, since soon could be the worst or the best day of my career in my field of majicka, I'm both excited, anxious and frightened of the consequences or possible ending; probably best if I spend as much time as possible before we go head on into the heart of darkness." *The wolf looked down at the scroll and did his usual routine to study it well and practiced by making sample barriers around in his patch of grass* "Still a few bugs to iron out in here I'm sure."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #581 on: April 25, 2010, 09:24:15 AM »
The two rangers, as always, walked in silence. Kitt kept jumping up onto fallen branches, and balancing along them apparently carefree and untroubled about the fight that was to come. Vladimir on the other hand brooded, thinking to himself and constantly running one paw over the hilt of his sword....

His son would be in a lot of danger, to hell with it, they'd ALL be in a lot of danger this time. He sighed, watching Kitt slip from his precarious position on a log, fall and instantly jump back up and try again... he smirked, for some reason he wished he himself could be so innocent, no worries about the future...

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #582 on: April 25, 2010, 04:22:36 PM »
Drevo sat near Kiana while they waited. He sat like he did before with his bowstaff leaning on his shoulder and his hat pulled over his eyes. He was able to tell something was bothering Kiana, apparant it was something to do with the battle ahead. "So what's troubling you, Kiana?" He knew that air mages were Kiana's opposite element, his older sister had told him all about the different elements. Back when she was alive that is. "If it's those mages worrying you...Just point, I'll handle them. Count on it." With that Drevo layed down in the grass he was sitting in. He was practically lying down at her feet, with his hat set over his face. He did this to mainly conceal the sad and depressed look plastered on his face. Drevo thought of his time with his family as he used this time to rest; the memories didn't permit him to sleep. They were too painful to be able to sleep.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #583 on: April 25, 2010, 11:43:13 PM »
It was a long wait, but it was enough for Korius to think of a fighting strategy that'll hopefully work. Something didn't sit right with him, though. Every time he looked at the Szardas, the omen of Vladimir's need to make an important decision kept running through his mind. Koara's omen's are never good for something of that kind. I just hope today isn't the day, only a few days after his son became of age, too. Korius waved everybody in and used a stick to dig out a rough drawing of the Palace. "I don't have any information on the interior, so all I can give is how we're going in and how we need to group. This fight will be far tougher than the fight with Septim. It's more than likely that Provas will be fighting alongside his personal guard, so we're looking at a battle with a mage and 10 sorcerers/sorceresses. As I told you before, they can use combination spells, so don't take them lightly. White, we'll be relying on your barrier, or whatever version you have of it, to protect most of us. We'll need to stay grouped together for a strong defense. In between their attacks, we have to find a way to scatter them and isolate them one at a time and kill them. Kiana will be able to take up to two at a time, but I'm not sure for how long, so I'm going to need the Rangers to stay at White's side. His barrier will be your defense, and you can use your normal bolts to back us all up. I'll lead everyone else to try to isolate and kill each sorcerer/sorceress. Stay tight no matter what. Do NOT let them reverse the tactic, not even if we manage to kill them all before Provas. If we're not careful, we will be easily overpowered. Remember, Provas has been around for centuries, his Majicka is extremely high. Now I doubt there's any more than 20 guards outside, so it should be pretty easy to sneak in, but I'm more than sure that the personal guard will be inside waiting. Beware of the two Dark Sorcerer Twins. They've been known to be Shadow-types, meaning they'll be able to disappear into shadows and move around and see everything. They will be the most deadly of the personal guard. *Gets up* It's time to nut up or shut up. Let's go." Korius led them from the thicket and maintained within the shadow of the Palace cast from the low moon.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #584 on: April 26, 2010, 01:15:21 AM »
Kiana didn't get the chance to answer Drevo because he answered his own question for her. She half-smiled at his answer though. It helped her start to get into a better mood, but she held it back because she needed to focus. Korius waving everybody over made her remember that fact. She moved over opposite from him and looked down at his rough drawing. When he started talking, she touched his drawing, working with what he had to make it 3D. She listened to his whole speech, nodding now and then. When he got up, she made the 3D palace collapse and rose to her feet, following after Korius with a look of serious determination and concentration on her face.