The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128902 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2010, 06:11:22 PM »
Valius began to breathe harder and harder as they continued to run full sprint. Valia weighs more than these two combined, but having them AND Valia on his back is something else. Plus, with all this dodging and being near exhausted with the last wave was starting to make him a little light headed. Come one, man. Keep it together. Talin's in no better shape. We need to keep pushing. He saw an arrow headed for the young Kitt past his face. Valius stretched his neck over quickly and caught the arrow in his mouth and spit it out. He looked over at the rangers. Bugger, they're almost out of bolts, too. This is looking bad. No choice. He yelled over to the others as he pulled slightly ahead and leaned his body forward almost to the ground. "Try to keep up!" With all that he had left, he went into a dead sprint.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2010, 06:16:43 PM »
Both Szardas slung their crossbows over their shoulders and ran into a full sprint, jumping over fallen branches and low scrub... drawing swords instead they ran alongside Valius... "c'mon champ! just keep runnin'!" Leaping over another fallen branch Kitt's father sliced through an approaching assailant, steel flashing brightly...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2010, 12:43:00 AM »
Talin re-focused and realized he was about to run into a waist high boulder, which would not only cripple him at this speed, but also leave him too exposed to the assassins catching up. So, he lept on top of the rock, and into the branches, knowing he couldn't move quickly while decending. He leaped through tree after tree, trying to keep pace with Valius. These hoods are not making it easy to get even a moments rest!
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2010, 03:22:32 AM »
Kiana breathed through her teeth. She could tell Valius was being worn down by all this. It looked like she would have to go with her plan after all. "Alright, Valius, just keep running while I do this. Don't slow down while I'm doing it or after I get down. If I fall behind a bit, I'll catch up quickly so don't worry about it." She said in a low voice to him, but still loud enough for him to hear over everything else. She hoped her speaking out of the blue wouldn't catch him off-guard.
She slinked her legs through his arm's hold, her hands already lightly gripping his shoulder, and placed her feet on the outside of her hands. She only stayed perched there for a second before grabbing her staff out of his hand and springing off of his shoulder. She did a flip in the air before landing on the ground and immediately turned around to sprint after the group. It didn't take much for her to pass them. She was a cheetah after all and though she didn't have as much speed as her feral counterpart, she still had enough to be faster than the others. She made sure she didn't get too far ahead though, it was best if they weren't separated. Every now and then she would duck or jump to avoid an arrow or maybe just a root or rock.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2010, 03:42:48 AM »
Without a choice, Valius pressed onward. They're almost there. Just then, a wall of water sprang from the ground up in front of them. Telling by the size of it, he could tell, they have a water mage. In a final attempt for them to get past the treeline, Valius tossed Clare's body into the air in front of him. Forgive me. He drew Valia and cut the wall with all of his might. A large opening formed and Talin and the Szardas made it through, but it began rapidly closing. Valius caught Clare's body and grabbed Kiana by the robe and dead-sprinted through the crack before the wall reformed itself. They landed onto the grounds of the pasture. The wall of water could be seen far above the trees. Valius collapsed and held Clare close so as not to taint her body. We can't stay for long. Valius laid Clare beside him and got up, but found that his body had moved without his legs. He face planted and reached into his pouch on his belt. From inside, he pulled out glowing, blue knives. He dragged himself over to Clare's body and positioned her into a resting posture. "Clare. I know you wanted more, and you risked your life for us to make it this far. I'm sorry you never found that treasure you wanted. And I'm sorry we couldn't give  you a more proper burial." With that, he drove the knives deep into the ground around her body. Each knife bursted into plumes of water under the ground. Clare's body slowly sank deep into the ground. After the body sank far into the ground, and the ground dried, the wall began to slowly lower and separate. He looked over at Talin, Kiana and the Szardas. "Go! We're about 2 kilometers from Septim's territory. If you guys make it past the border, you'll be safe. They won't chase you there." He drew Valia and kissed it. Still unable to stand, he yelled at the others, "Go!"

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2010, 09:20:02 PM »
Kitt's father stopped, two fingers pressed to his forehead in a silent show of respect for Clare... "may hope guide your heart, and speed your wings" With that he looked up to Valia, torn between staying to fight and protect him, or to run.... he looked from his son, to Kiana.... Drawing his repeater bow back he pulled the weapon up to his shoulder, Kitt following suit, ready to either flee, or fight...

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2010, 10:07:15 PM »
Talin briefly noticed Valius on the ground and was about to stop when a voice in his head rang out. You stop now, and Elistra is going to die by their arrows.... let the archers cover Valius Talin reluctantly followed the voice's heed and kept on moving. He didn't know if he and Elistra would be the only ones to keep moving, for the branches hid what was to occour under his feet.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2010, 02:13:09 AM »
Kiana noticed Kitt's father look at her out of the corner of her eye. She looked down at Valius. "I wasn't left to die. I'm not leaving you to die either." She said, her voice determined. She hit the bottom of her staff on the ground like a signal that she was not leaving. Looking at her now, one would think by the look on her face and her stance that she was very stubborn, which would be correct in a way. Valius was going to get to Septim, even if she had to use all of her strength and then some to drag him there herself, but some earth magic would make that easier if it came to that.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2010, 02:45:40 AM »
Valius smirked, "Who the hell do you think you're talking to!? You really belittle me alot, Kiana. Ever since you walked into the bar. Take the rangers and go. Talin's going to need cover. I'll join up with you guys soon. After you make it into Septim's territory, head southeast for about another kilometer. There's a town there called Marcelus. It was the final resting place of elfin-kind. There is a smith by the name of Korius Lambent. Go to him and show him this. He'll help you guys restock on supplies and keep you hidden. Now go! I'll catch up, promise!" Valius dug into his sash and pulled out a metal shard and tossed it to Kiana, it was the shattered sigil of Koara Uzima. He held Dio and threw Provas to the side, the lightning chain connecting them. "Go! NOW!"
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 03:09:16 AM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2010, 08:45:48 AM »
Kitt's father was torn between the desire to stay and protect Valius, who had done so much to protect them, and to run, protecting his son. He looked to Kitt, watching how he stood, unsure yet resolute, his overlarge repeater bow drawn up to his shoulder... His son... His... son.... he could not let his Son die, no one was as important to him as that child, even his own life.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2010, 05:37:59 PM »
Talin had turned arond to watch as Valius was still on the ground, then turned back around to continue his dash through the plains. He saw a village in the distance, and what he thought was Chronin sitting on a rooftop looking right at him. Don't stop on my account, keep going, nobody else will see me but you, for now that is.. Talin then felt another arrow make a grazing shot on him, and he felt somewhat helpless for not being able to retaliate without putting Elistra in danger.

I better be getting some answers as to why my ancestor is actually even here!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 11:26:08 PM by Chrono Blackwyng »

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2010, 11:50:43 PM »
Kiana wasn't taken back by Valius's words toward her. It was just his attitude and she was getting more accustomed to it each time he spoke. She caught the sigil and stared down at it. If she didn't have the hood of her cloak up, it would have been noticeable that she was on the verge of tears. She held herself together though and held the sigil tight. When she looked up from the sigil, there was no sign of that emotion on her face anywhere. "Will do, captain." She responded in a sarcastic tone with a half-hearted salute, smirking. He wouldn't get to her, she wouldn't let him. She turned and started across the pasture. "Come on, you two, I know you don't want to stay here. She spoke over her shoulder to the Szardas. It wasn't a command or anything but she had just sensed that they weren't totally set on staying to fight more.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2010, 02:31:44 AM »
Valius watched as they all left, still on his knees, unable to move his legs. He sighed in relief. Kiana, Kitt, Talin, Elistra. Be strong and venture forward. I am sorry for the calamity and trials you will face ahead.. He looked to the sky and sighed. "Your Liege, I have fulfilled my promise. I have gathered them, protected them and shown them the path. Gaia be with me." He brought Valia and held it in salute, and then readied himself. Valius recited the ancient incantations on Provas and Dio, and the daggers lit up with a brilliant, golden light. Forcibly, Valius got up onto his feet and glared at the oncoming assailants. 5 in total, all in thin, golden armour and cloth. The Assassin's Guild 4 Heads and their mage. Wait for me, everyone. I will keep my promise and catch up to you all. "Come and get me you refuse of the past! The future no longer requires you lot!"

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2010, 08:07:52 AM »
The two szardas turned, holstering bows over their shoulders as Kiana walked off... it seemed Valius was set on his choice, as where the others....
"I expect to see you! dont you dare die on us"
Kitts father  turned to see Valius drawing weapons, before finally turning and running to catch up with Kiana, Kitt had already caught up with her, muted green cloak rippling around his legs as he ran...

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2010, 09:54:49 PM »
Talin didn't know how long he could keep running at this pace. After he passed a few low-rise hills, he felt something tear...

In moments he went from running at mad sprint, to tumbling along the ground. Fly you idiot, you have wings for a reason besides poses!! Talin grunted as he got up, and then ran up a hill. At the top of the hill, he lept and forced Elistra's wings to spread. Of course, the only way this could work, was if Elistra started to regain consiousness....

"Wh- who... what did you do now Talin?!" Great, she probably notices the smell of dragon on me... well, whatever isn't her own scent.... "Elistra, just spread your wings before we both plummet to the ground" Elistra looks at him with confusion, and then realizes his statement as they are quite well above the nearest elevated spot on the plains. She tries to spread them as far as she can, but they still start decending, while still becoming a rather large visual, becoming a massive target for archers, but considering that Elistra still is too weak to lift Talin, his gear, and still be able to keep at a realtively stable running speed. It was basically their only 'quick fix', assuming they both would be able to seek magical help in the next village.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 02:53:05 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »