The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128989 times)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #720 on: May 18, 2010, 11:50:30 AM »
Kitt had stayed mostly silent for the two days at the village.... Now as they carried on with their journey, he looked up at White's question.... he thought for a moment, as they continued to walk..... he ran one paw over the hilt of his new sword, the blade his father had given to him not even a week ago. And then he felt under his ranger's cloak and tunic, his fist clenching around the small metal pendant that hung there against his chest... The only thing of his mother's that he had...
"I just want to find my family...."
And with that he pulled up his hood, his face now completely in shadow, as they continued onwards....
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #721 on: May 18, 2010, 07:44:49 PM »
Korius sighed as they trudged on, the next challenge awaiting them. It would be 2 more days before they reached the next border. Luckily, the party didn't meet any resistance or anyone who is still loyal to Provas. Apparently, he had pretty much shunned everyone who wasn't deemed strong in his eyes. Provas' people lived more in fear than living at all. Korius concentrated on what they're going to be up against, now that they have removed 2 of the 12 Guardians. He finally spoke up on the first night they were out. "This isn't good. We had completely underestimated the power difference between Provas and Septim. Though it's not the favourite topic of this group, that error has cost us Vladimir's life. If it wasn't for Talin, we ALL would have shared the same fate. We must get stronger, and fast. Talin, have you heard anything on Soria yet?"

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #722 on: May 19, 2010, 01:21:26 AM »
Kiana never answered White's question as they walked along. She knew what her answer would have been, of course. She would have said that she just wanted to make her brother proud and that, other than that, she had no idea what would become of her by the end of their journey... She didn't even know if she would make it to the final battle. When Korius spoke to them on the first night, she raised her head slightly since she had been staring at the fire and looked at Korius from where she sat. Then when Korius addressed Talin, her eyes shifted to Talin as she sort of wondered what he would say before returning her gaze to the fire and the light reflected in her golden eyes.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #723 on: May 19, 2010, 03:44:21 AM »
*White sits down leaning against a tree a bit away from the rest of the group, but not more than 5 feet in distance listening intently to Korius's words about the almost apparent end of the story back at Provas's keep. Upon hearing the words "Talin" and "Soria" the wolf turned his attention from Korius to Talin and back in wonderment* "I wonder if I missed something... who's this Soria person they are talking about?" *He thought quietly to himself*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #724 on: May 19, 2010, 08:46:29 PM »
Felodran was busy sharpening his blade with a bit of stone, away from the group so as to not annoy them with the scrapping sound.

Scrape Scrape Scrape. Eventually he stood up and tested the sharpness of the weapon against his thumb. It bled and he didnt need to press down. This was good. Now the hard job was maintaining that sharpness.

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #725 on: May 20, 2010, 01:08:39 AM »
Entaru had been having trouble locating the group for a bit of time now.  He had woken up from his stupor to find that he had been left behind.  He had remembered that Felodan had left for the rest of the group, but not where they were.  Old age had definently taken a toll on his memory.  It had taken a bit of tracking, back-tracking, and out and out guessing to finally find them.  He made his way to Felodran and, sitting down, let out a sigh of relief. 

"Thanks for leaving me behind," Entaru's tone was joking, it was his own stupidity after all.  "That reminds me of why I quit drinking in the first place...stupid habit...dangerous habit.  Oh, well...can't be helped now."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #726 on: May 20, 2010, 11:09:29 AM »
Talin tried to balance his voulge on the back of his right hand while thinking of the person called 'Soria'."I remember her making an appearance at the dragoon hall two years ago, Headmaster forced me to have a 'welcome match' with her. She tried to make me her apprentice when it ended, but the Headmaster flat-out rejected the idea since I had to hunt down 'her' two days from then." Talin pointed to Elistra with the movement of his face before looking back at Korius.

"After that, never saw her since; By the way Kiana, can you teach me how to use majick, even if mine only improves a little; please?" Elistra noticed the look in his eyes and tried to hold back a haughty-sounding laugh when she realized how much like a pup he tried to emulate.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #727 on: May 20, 2010, 03:46:47 PM »
During the first night Drevo sat a distance away from the group, which no one seemed to notice anyway. He was sulking again but even more so this time, considering what he had said. Death was following him and before it got him it wanted his friends, his comrades...He stood up and turned away from where the group at and pondered. "Dropping off the face of the earth sounds nice right about now...The others would be able to live, I'd be the only one to suffer. I'm more of a hinderance now if death is following me." He scratched the back of his head and looked back to the others. "Hrmm..."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #728 on: May 20, 2010, 04:50:22 PM »
Kitt stood on an old branch that had fallen during some storm years ago... he kept his hood up and practised mock swordplay with an invisible opponent. He swung the silver short-sword slowly and in long humming arcs, metal flashing through the night air he slowly got faster and faster, the now lightly glowing blade humming and literally singing as it sliced through the air... finally finishing he jumped down from the branch and looked down the sword, slowly sheathing it back into his scabbard...

Sighing he sat down and pulled his cloak around him, watching the group silently.... he noticed Drevo standing alone, and stood up... quietly he walked up near to him and leant against the nearest tree, pulling out his fathers old hunting knife he spun the curbed dagger handle over blade, watching him silently from under his hood....

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #729 on: May 21, 2010, 11:49:44 AM »
Korius growled at the news of not finding Soria yet. "She's one of the only two remaining Ki masters in all of Gaia and I need to find her, alongside a Chakra master. If we don't find either one, I might be the next one to perish. As long as my body is sealed, let's not even talk about my arms, my abilities are completely limited. But then again..." Bits of memory from the last fight and from the times of the past when he lost control, brought shivers and fear back into Korius. Suddenly, it hit him and Korius looked over to where Drevo sat. "Drevo! Your friend is a shinobi. Do you know where his master hides?"

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #730 on: May 21, 2010, 03:57:28 PM »
Kiana had been entranced by the fire the entire time so it surprised her when she heard her name. She looked up to see Talin looking at her giving her puppy eyes and raised an eyebrow. "I'm not really good at teaching others how to do things..." She responded to his question. "All I can do is tell you what I did and that won't be much help since the majick you'll be doing will be a lot different than mine..." She was right. There wasn't much she could do teaching-wise and the majick being different made it a lot more difficult.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #731 on: May 21, 2010, 05:06:56 PM »
Kitt spun the blade, faster and faster... until finally he ferociously let it thunk into the tree trunk. It quivered for a moment, before finally coming to a stop.... Sighing Kitt grabbed it and wrenched it out... He sighed under his breath and looked away from the group into the dark woods outside their small clearing... Instantly something caught his attention, movement... He blinked, surely he couldnt have seen what he thought he had seen....

Looking back over his shoulder at the rest of the group, he crept further away from the clearing... Creeping from tree to tree he followed behind the figure, they where walking slowly, and a cloak billowed out behind them... They wore a hood up over their head, much like Kitt had... Getting within scant metres of the figure, Kitt stepped onto a dry twig, and as it snapped the figure turned and drew a thin tapering sword to his throat...
"What you doin' followin' me?"
A dark furred wolf stared down at him, sword shining softly in the moonlight.... across his shoulders was a large repeater crossbow, and the muted grey cloak marked him as a Ranger... albeit one from a different clan to Kitt....
"You'r... your a ranger....."
The wolf frowned, looking from Kitt to the group in the clearing....

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #732 on: May 21, 2010, 05:43:06 PM »
Drevo turned around to go get closer to the group when he saw Kitt behind his gawking at him. Before he could say anything he stalked off, and before he could say anything again Korius had asked him a question. "Well as a shinobi he wouldn't freely tell me that...If I asked him, sure, but he's with Alexia, home in Telbanth. Unless you have telepathy...Your S.O.L." He then turned back towards where he was standing, Kitt had vanished completly... "Uh...Does anyone know what Kitt is up to? He was just behind me...and now..." He walked back to where he was standing and looked around in the darkness, his eyes weren't completely adjusted to the darkness so he couldn't see much. That's when he heard the twig snap in the distance. He began to walk ing the direction of the noise. "Hey, Kitt, you over there? You shouldn't be wandering around out here."
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 12:54:34 AM by Srgntcuddles »

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #733 on: May 21, 2010, 07:26:58 PM »
*The wolf yawns a bit feeling more and more bored by the conversation and decides to get up and stretch, walking away from the group to go do some experiments with his barrier majicka* "I wanna see what other colors I can do with my abilities, it would be cool to see an aquamarine color or maybe some mixed colors... a wolf can wish." *He walked over between some trees and started making shields, while cautiously not putting too much effort into them as he didn't want to make himself tired and useless for any unexpected fights* "Ohh purple..." *From that point on he just talked aloud without really thinking about what he was saying, as the healer was used to conversing with himself upon many occasion*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #734 on: May 21, 2010, 08:16:37 PM »
The wolf growled lightly under his breath, keeping the curved and tapering sword at Kitt's neck height... "Of course i'm a ranger.... Why else would i wear this get-up, eh?..." Kitt stared down the blade... now would be a bad time to make a witty remark...
"What you doing following us?" The wolf laughed, sword still kept level... "Following you?... My dear boy you are the one following me.... and i thought rangers of the Vestra Clan where supposed to be smart...."
Growling under his breath Kitt stared up the wolf, somthing wasnt right.... and that colour of cloak was familiar to him... every ranger clan had a different uniform code, and he thought he recognised this one... "Well then.... what clan are you from, if your so smart?"

The wolf looked down at him, and sheathed the sword.... "Ruth... of the Esha clan.... And actually i was just on my way to the nearest Inn... not that it concerns you obviously... though i am wondering... what would a ranger in training be doing with such a group of misfits?" It was at this moment that Drevo shouted out, and the wolf drew his crossbow, aiming in the general direction of the newcomer.... It was only a second later that the wolf noticed Kitt's shortsword at his neck-level....

"As it so happens... these misfits are my only family... so i wouldnt shoot if i where you.. Ruth.... and isnt that a girls name?" He smirked as the wolf kept still, watching the sword closely...
"I wont shoot... All i need to do is keep going with my travels, i dont need interruptions form the likes of you... and yes, Ruth is a girls name... well spotted Vestra backstabbing scum..." With that she lowered her crossbow, and pulled back the dark hood... revealing what had made Kitt so unsure.... The fact that the wolf was indeed very feminine... Kitt growled at her mention of scum, hiding his embarrassment at mistaking her for a man....