The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128898 times)

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2010, 12:33:28 AM »
Kiana spotted Talin and Elistra in the sky way ahead of them. She shook her head at the sight, not thinking it was a smart move. She had been walking but once the Szardas were caught up with her she started running. It wasn't a very fast run, more of a light one. Her mission was to get away from the danger posed here. She would get them all to Marcelus and find the smith, Korius. She would show him the sigil and get the supplies. Valius would join them. If he didn't, well, she'd have some words for him in the afterlife. She chuckled to herself at that idea and just kept up her light run.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2010, 02:43:04 AM »
Valius stood over five dead bodies out in the field, panting, bloody and tired. He clipped Valia back onto the back of his armour and holstered Provas and looked around for Dio. He walked over to the dead water mage and pulled it out of her left kidney. He wiped the blood off and looked at it. He whispered to the blade, "Thank you, my friends. You two have been quite the lifesavers over the years." He holstered Dio and looked around the empty field. He grunted as he took a step. His right leg's muscle are torn and his left is almost there, too. His head was light and collapsed to the ground. The light faded as he closed his eyes. As he lost consciousness, he heard footsteps and a faint voice that he didn't recognize. "Ho.. on! I ...otya. Yer... onna ...e aight!" The world turned black and he heard no more.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2010, 04:10:24 PM »
Kitt was keeping up the light run beside Kiana, he was watching her with interest as he ran, tail whipping behind him as he jumped over tussocks of thick grass. His father ran on her other side, grunting slightly with every other step, a slight limp to his run...

panting he carried on running apace with the others, he was getting old, there was no doubt about it. It seemed like only yesterday that he had met with Kitt's mother, they had both been young, a run like this would have been a mere walk in the park back then.... he saw Kitt watching Kiana as he ran, the child seemed constantly curious about others, like a small kitten... he smiled watching Kitt, the smile of a prowd father...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2010, 11:01:44 PM »
Talin finally looked back, feeling the adrenalin leave him as he saw no more persuers. "E-Elis-" he finally passed out, rolling to the right and throwing Elistra off-balance. They both ended up plummeting to the ground, but neither suffered any broken bones as Talin's unconsious body dissipated the impact, and Elistra landed on top of him. "Talin, love, you awake? Or will I have to beat you awake for that fake form-change again?!" She lifted him up and shook him about, but to no avail...

In Talin's mind, he heard a rather loud and childish laughter followed by what he could only gather, as Chronin's voice. Man, did you fall asleep at the wrong time, shes probably going to maul you right now!! his laughter continues until Talin truly falls asleep.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2010, 02:16:40 AM »
Kiana saw Kitt looking at her out of the corner of her eye and saw his father watching him out of the corner of her other eye. She didn't get how she could be so interesting. Then she noticed Talin and Elistra plummet to the ground. She made some kind of sound of disapproval. She wasn't going to pause to go over and fetch them though. It wasn't something she wanted to do. The Szardas could go get them if they wanted to but she didn't feel like that was part of her mission. If they did go over to get the other two, it wasn't like she'd leave them behind, she keep pace so she was still in view but she was not stopping. Then she reconsidered.

She slowed to a stop and changed the way she held her staff. Tracing a circle in the grass with the end of her staff, she then pulled it in a line towards herself. This act made the the piece of land that Talin and Elistra were on move over to where she was, and she looked at Elistra. "If you want to come with us still, I'd suggest not shaking him to death and instead maybe carrying or dragging him along..." She said to her, sounding like she didn't care. It wasn't that though; she was just in a hurry. Without really waiting for a response, she started running again, faster this time than before.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2010, 02:29:36 AM »
Valius slowly awoke from his unconsciousness. He couldn't see anything, but he felt like being jostled around and heard the sound of hoof beats. Was he captured? He wasn't bounded. What was happening? He groaned as he sat up, his limbs soar and his legs twitching, still recovering. He looked around and found himself lying on the top of a carriage. He reached for Valia, not there. Dio and Provas are gone, too. His money and supplies! Just then, a glimmer passed over his hand. He turned his head and saw the back of an armoured wolf. Sitting next to that wolf was Valia. Quickly he grabbed it and held the blade against the driver's neck. "Who are you?'

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2010, 06:15:48 AM »
Drevo felt the prick of the weapon as it reached his neck. He shrugged it off, smiling and still driving the carriage along the road. 

"Finally awake huh?" He said nonchalantly as he scratched the back of his head; a noticable cut on his right forearm. The sleeve from the red robe he wore fluttered in the wind as he scratched his head.
"Don't you know it's rude to ask someone their name without giving yours first?" chuckled Drevo.
"But since you asked so nicely, I suppose I can let you slide..." he egged on in his nonchalant tone.
"It's Drevo, Drevo Lajit," He said, turning his he back, looking at Valius out of the corner of his eye.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2010, 05:02:10 PM »
Kitt and his father slowed to a stop beside Kiana, Kitt still watching her with keen interest as she traced a circle in the ground, magic flowing from her through her staff. His father came to a stop beside the young feline, panting heavily, he brought Kitt into a brief one armed hug... "you... doing... good.. champ..."
Kitt looked up at his father and hugged back, smiling "you aint doing so bad yoursel' old timer"
His father laughed loudly, still panting, he ruffled Kitt's hair affectionately before breaking into a run again to keep up with Kiana...

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2010, 02:09:17 AM »
Elistra grunted rather un-characteristically as she lifted up Talin and his weapon, trying to even walk, let alone keep a running pace with anyone. She had no idea where they were going, but anywhere they considered shelter was better than being out in the open plains...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2010, 06:40:28 PM »
Kiana kept on running for their destination. Of course, every now and then she would look back and make sure she could see Elistra following slowly behind them carrying Talin. She used her earth magic at certain points to make sure Elistra was still where she could see her when she looked back, moving the earth gently so it didn't set Elistra off-balance.
She could finally see a village not to far ahead. "Finally. Hello Marcelus." She said mostly to herself. She continued to lead them to the village and when she got there she slowed down to a stop. Using the same magic she had been using during the run, she finally moved Elistra so she was standing with them. Since she was only using the majicka in short spurts at random moments, it hadn't worn her down. "Okay, now we have to find the blacksmith, Korius." She stated, directing it to everyone. She started walking down the road, which looked like the main road in the village to her. It would make sense for a blacksmith to be stationed on the main road.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2010, 07:09:21 PM »
Valius remained steadfast on top of the carriage, holding Valia almost right up against Drevo's throat. "Don't give me that damn tone. Who the bloody devil do you work for? By your armour, I know you're an ex-Voronese knight. From what I've seen you all fall under Kyzen's command, now. So you better give me a bloody damn good reason not to kill you. You are all disgraces to the title of 'knight'." Valius's eyes burned with fury and thirsted for blood and revenge. Images passed through his mind, remembering the day the Knights of Gaia defected from the Guardians. He remembered watching his comrades running with him, being chased by two companies of ex-Voronese Knights. He remembered his wife, throwing him over the end of the bridge before it collapsed. He had cried out to her to follow him, but all she did was toss her claymore to him. She had given him one last, loving look before picking up a broadsword and charging the pursuers. Valius screamed at the memory and lifted Valia, bringing it down towards Drevo...

At the far end of the small village of Marcelus, Korius hammered to the sun's heat. Sweat poured from beneath his glistening, silver fur, and the furnace didn't help one bit, either. He brought the blade he was tempering to the water to cool, when his nose picked up something new. Travelers, what a rarity, and they carry with them, something that smelled familiar...

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2010, 11:05:16 PM »
Without getting out of his seat Drevo grabbed his Bowstaff and held it slanted above his head. Valia slid across it's surface as Drevo directed it to swing over the side of the carriage. After that Drevo stood up and turned towards Valius; half black and white face smirking at him. Drevo put his foot into Valius' chest and stood over him, trying his best to keep him down.
"Look, buddy, I don't think you're showing the proper gratitude," said Drevo bringing down his Bowstaff next to Valius' head.
"If you want a reason you shouldn't kill me, remember you wouldn't be alive it it wasn't for me," Drevo pulled up his sleeve and revealed a bandage wrapped around a portion of his arm. "You see this? One of those people attacking you wasn't done with you, he almost had you with a dagger, but I stopped him,"
Drevo pulled down his sleeve and sat back into the drivers seat grabbing the reigns. "And if you must know, I'm not with Kyzen anymore, havn't been for a long time,"

He set his Bowstaff down beside him and scratched his ear.
"If you want to keep fighting, you'll never recover," he said nonchalantly.
"I suggest you just sit back and enjoy the ride, were almost to town,"
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 11:08:42 PM by Srgntcuddles »

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2010, 04:29:06 PM »
Kitt followed close behind Kiana... too close for his fathers likings, but he made no movement to stop him, and simply watched...

"how do you do magic like that Miss?"
Kitt had spoken out shyly, still folowing Kiana closely, watching her curiously... he looked up at her with the innocence of youth, inquisitive and curious... His father watched him carefully, while he knew Kitt was in no danger with Kiana he still felt that Kitt could be too mischevious for his own good at times...
"dont mind him Kiana... he's just at that age where he constantly asks questions"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2010, 03:46:19 PM »
Kiana glanced at Kitt and then looked at his father. "No, it's okay." She smiled and looked over at Kitt. "Well, you see, I'm a mage. I was born with majicka. Majicka is the feelings and flow of life running through someone, the very essence of nature itself. One with majicka manipulates this energy with their heart, and controls it with their mind. Anyone can do magic, but those without majicka will die from using magic, even the simplest magic is fatal." She explained simply. "I don't need my staff to perform my magic, I'd do just as well without it. It basically acts an extension of my arm, making some things easier than they would be, and it also helps in fights since it can be used like a weapon. The helpful thing is that running my magic through this staff with this emerald in it makes it so I can perform higher level magic without using as much majicka. I made it myself when I was about seven." She chuckled. "Can you imagine that? A seven-year-old walking around with something this tall? Well, at least I grew into it..." She laughed as she eyed her staff to emphasize that she was the same height as it.
They had now reached the far end of the village. Her explanation of why she could do such magic had occupied them while they had walked. Kiana sniffed the air. She smelled the furnace and though she wasn't too familiar with weaponry, she could tell it was a smell that would come from a blacksmith's shop. Continuing only a little bit further, she spotted the shop. She approached it casually, not really noticing that she was still clutching the sigil very tightly in her left hand and holding it against her stomach.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 04:04:55 PM by VeeSmith: His Wolfy »

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2010, 04:27:47 PM »
Valius collapsed back on top of the carriage, his energy not recovered yet. His grip loosened and Valia stayed there, stuck down the middle of the carriage. "Take me to the blacksmith's in Marcelus. I need to meet up with my party." He laid on his back and unclipped his half-plate. Valius sighed as he felt the release in tension. Maybe he could finally relax since starting this damn mission. But he had vowed to Koara, and as a Knight of Gaia, his vows and oaths are his life. He closed his eyes and tried to rest. "Say, there. Got any hard drinks on you?"

Korius placed the tempered blade onto his progression rack and walked out the door and eyed his new visitors, particularly Kiana. "Hello there. YOU seem to be holding something of a particular interest. So you lot must be the ones whom he was to find. Though I don't really trust any of you, particularly the rangers, but I will help you anyway I can. I guess he will be joining us at a later time, since he would hand you that accursed Sigil. That man would die to protect it. Seeing as he had you hold it, I'll turn a blind eye for now. Come in." Korius went back inside, not really waiting for the others.