The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128987 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #750 on: May 24, 2010, 01:41:52 AM »
Korius nodded over to Felodran and Kitt. "I think that'll be a good idea, just don't practice for too long. We'll need to sleep soon. Drevo and I will keep watch for tonight.." Korius sighed and motioned his head for Drevo to follow. He sat down at the log that they had put near the fire. "You've already seen what happens when I use Ki, right? Majicka, Chakra and Ki are all intertwined in a small way, Ki being the strongest of them all. During my years under my first master, I was trained as a prodigy and had excelled in a short amount of years. However, there was and still is, darkness in my heart. That darkness slowly consumed me more and more, each time I used Ki. It made me strong, but once the darkness consumed me, I lose myself and can't even differentiate between friends and foes, as you probably already found out. during my years with Koara and the Knights, I apparently was almost on par in strength with the Guardians, and almost ended up killing Koara. Thankfully, she was a ninja, though I think everyone knows that. Anyways, after that little mishap, it was decided that my body and Ki be sealed away. Thanks to Koara, she had fully opened all energy channels in my body, so that once my darkness releases, the Ki I end up using is expelled at an exponential rate, which would cause me to pass out and regain my senses, while not allowing me to maintain combat for anything beyond a short period of time. My body's joints were broken and then held 3 centimeters off alignment until it healed up, that would guarantee all my body's movements won't be as wide a spectrum as it can be, and would completely dislocate them all should I attempt to use any of my forbidden techniques. Finally, Soria Xing's father, the only remaining Ki master, had sealed the Ki flow in my body. Originally, it locked all Ki, but my energy broke through, so it ended up limiting my Ki supply. We're going to need to find a Ninja Master, Ki Master, and a Fighting Master. The two we need to find first is a Ninja and Ki master. I need to be able to access all my Ki, and use it without it rushing out of my body out of control, so that I can maintain a fight. Finally, I need a Fight master for the most important part. I need to be able to conquer the darkness, or at least suppress it, and then to unseal my body and re-align it correctly. That's why I need to find your friend's master. There's only two left in Gaia, and one of them is Kyzen's personal guard..."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #751 on: May 24, 2010, 08:45:17 AM »
Kitt looked up at Felodran's offer, and then back down to the ground... for a moment it seemed he would say no, before he looked up again and drew his sword...
"Sure thing...though the only enchantments in this sword are to keep it sharp and not break during constant use... some of the oldest Ranger weapons where so much more complicated than this..." He dropped his fathers crossbow, and hung it carefully on the nearest branch... he didn't want to risk damaging one of the last things he had left of his father's... Looking Felodran quickly up and down he was secretly glad not to be fighting him for real... armoured opponents always where harder to take down...

Swinging his short sword in quick arcs the blade hummed before he finally let it be still... standing ready on his toes he adopted the regular posture his father had shown him... His Dad's words came back to him now, from when he had been little more than six years old...
"You're a feline Kid... make sure ya remember that.. be quick, be swift... and if ya get the chance, trip 'em up and kick 'em in the crotch.."
He smirked, remembering the words his father would repeat almost every time they went to practice..... the words his father would never tell him again...

• Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #752 on: May 24, 2010, 02:47:04 PM »
Drevo listened to Koruis intently, nodding periodically. "Well, as I said...He's likely home with Alexia in Telbanth up North. It would be out of the way, but I'm sure it would be worth it considering the circumstance..." Drevo looked into the fire and thought of the fond memories he had there. "So...What's the plan? Are we going to go?"

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #753 on: May 24, 2010, 06:02:39 PM »
Kiana just laid there on the ground with her eyes closed. She listened to what Korius said to Drevo which completely made sense to her. She also listened to Felodran when he asked Kitt if he wanted to spar and heard Kitt's response & preparation for the battle. She could feel his feet shift on the earth into fighting stance. Laying there on the ground was all there was for her to do. No one was talking to her after Entaru responded to her and no one was asking her to do anything. For the first time on their journey, even after Entaru expressed concern for her, she felt completely useless and alone.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #754 on: May 24, 2010, 07:02:43 PM »
Felodran pulled the shield off his back and mounted it against a tree stump to keep from stopping, and then he unsheathed his blade. The sharp edge he had been filing down had been retained. A sign of good work on his part, his mother always told the boy he could work in a smithy some day.

Back to the duel at hand, Felodran raised his sword in his right hand and moved an inch to the right. His tightened his left hand around the hilt of the blade to get a double hander grasp on his blade. The handle was large enough to do so.
"Is it an issue if I fight like I have a Claymore, or do you not mind?"
He asked.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #755 on: May 24, 2010, 07:53:22 PM »
Pulling up his hood, Kitt swung his sword like it was a thin bamboo cane in one hand... he watched Felodran readying himself....
"Be my guest... I've only really praticed against someone with a shortsword before... so it should be good experience for me..." He stopped, eyeing the blade... it was well made and even better maintained by it's owner... he smiled, looking up at Felodran, a good swordsman always looked after his weapon... With that he waited not a moment sooner, and with a quick faint to the left swung his shortsword in a fast arc to the right, hoping to draw out Felodran and see what he had...

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #756 on: May 25, 2010, 01:50:32 AM »
*White walked along and stopped by the fire, sitting down watching the others chat around, either it be in his vicinity or further away talking amongst themselves, he felt more or less unnecessary to be around for the moment* "Just a slow moment I suppose, much better than getting shot with arrows or something tossing a fireball at me." *He eyed the others and watched their lips move* "Damn... never could learn how to discern what lips meant, not that intelligent but I do know my way around the block." *He made up for the dullness of his condition and started poking at the fire before him with a twig, moving the kindling about trying to stir some life into the flames*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #757 on: May 25, 2010, 02:00:44 AM »
Felodran stepped to the left to catch the feint, little he could do to stop it, but twisted his grp on the sword so he nearly broke through the young feline's guard.

"Feinting eh?" Gotta do better then that boyo!"

He took careful note of how Kitt fought now. Two reasons why of course.

He wanted to help the boy learn so he'll be a better swordsman in the future, and to make sure he adapted to anything new.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #758 on: May 25, 2010, 01:14:52 PM »
Korius sighed as the night wore on. He went aside the log and laid down to close his eyes. "We'll do that, tomorrow, Drevo. We can't afford to push it off. We'll have to take that side adventure. I really want to find Soria first, but since Talin's not hearing anything on her whereabouts, we're stuck. If I don't unlock all my abilities, we might not have even a ghost of a chance. Not to mention everyone needs to get better."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #759 on: May 25, 2010, 01:52:48 PM »
Kiana kept lying still where she was with her eyes closed. She could sense someone poking at the fire but wasn't sure of who it was but she didn't care who it was either. Random pictures moved around in her mind. Some of them were good memories, others were bad. Some were of just random things, not of events. She watched them in silence, not making a sound to indicate what was going on in her head. Finally she drifted off to sleep, hoping that she wouldn't have any dreams.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #760 on: May 25, 2010, 07:08:51 PM »
*White just kept imaging that his eyes were still open, even while asleep he thought he was still awake at the fireside looking at the darkened sky and the chatting allies around, it seemed like eternity and felt like it had become more and more hazy on the sides of the film reel of the subtle actions going around* "I must have not eaten very well, either that or I must be dreaming. Doesn't matter..." *He laid down in his dream and began trying to sleep while in the dream* "Hmm... not working as well as I had hoped, must be asleep and forgot about it... if that's even possible." *Outside where the other persons around could lay eyes upon the sleeping wolf, he drooled upon the dirt below as he laid his head upon his arms*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #761 on: May 27, 2010, 03:30:38 AM »
Entaru fell asleep sitting up.  He had a long day of tracking the group into the forest and was beyond tired.  He began to snore lightly as he sat there.  A mosquito buzzed about his nose unnoticed...at least until it buzzed up his nose.  With a massive sneeze, the mosquito shot out and into the fire where it popped with a satisfying *TACK*.  Entaru fell off of his seat with the force of the sneeze, but stayed asleep even after slamming to the ground.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #762 on: May 27, 2010, 11:28:19 AM »
Talin had 'woken up' when the others started going to sleep, and he slowly let Elistra down before leaving the campfire to a small clearing just a good fifty meters away. Lets see if Elistra's theory can be proven... he thought as he stabbed the volgue into the dirt, and started his 'transformation' power, but instead of drawing on pure emotion, he started drawing out Chronin's dark power. The effect was immedeatly visible as his white hair turned gray, and the fur on his chest receded under scales. The hair recession spread to his entire body, and 'black fire' poured out of his eyes before Talin suddenly choked up. The change that was so visible before, had rapidly vanished when he fell on his hands and knees. Yea... theory and practice are two very different experiences... he thought before dragging himself back to camp.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #763 on: May 27, 2010, 06:25:55 PM »
Drevo leaned up against a tree watching over the others as they slept. Then Talin walked off, he turned a bit so he could watch him too. It was hard to see in the dark and the distance he was, but Talin seemed to start glowing. Drevo looked back and forth between Talin and the camp. "Stay here and watch everyone? Or go watch Talin? The camp? Or Talin? Gah....He's a big boy..." He adjusted his hat still standing where he can see Talin and the camp watching over them.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #764 on: May 27, 2010, 06:35:58 PM »
"Yeah? But if ya had fallen for it, an easy kill in the ribs...A none-too bright foe could be quickly an easily dispatched with minimal effort, and the least chance of retaliation..." He smirked, clashing swords with a clang of metal, before side-stepping backwards... "Though of course i would prefer just to shoot you from a safe distance...." Kitt continued to press the attack the best he could, slicing with fast whirls of his blade he ducked or weaved past any return strikes...

Felodran was using his sword two-handed, and that meant after each strike he left himself relatively open for attack... Weaving past the armoured mercenary he struck out with a flurry of blows, the blade literally spinning before he jumped back, keeping light on his feet....