The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128986 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #765 on: May 27, 2010, 11:13:16 PM »
Korius had been listening to everyone around him, particularly at Talin, making sure that the darkness didn't consume him and go on a rampage, either. The only difference between him and Talin, had been that Talin had support and was fighting another soul. Korius, on the other hand, was fighting himself. His own true darkness. Fighting another soul is much easier than fighting one's self, but controlling a power that's not yours is no easy feat. Korius opened his eyes as Talin came back to camp, "Don't force it. It's not in your destiny to be able to go that far in this quest. Even if you can suppress Chronin's soul, you're not making his power your own. Nor can you hope of being able to use it to the level of finishing the Dragon's Incantation. Only one person has ever used that spell throughout history, and he was killed by Chronin, who despite his power, still couldn't complete it. Beware. Take that spell too far when you're not ready, you WILL die." Korius sighed and closed his eyes again. "I'll take watch in an hour. Stay alert for now." The rest of the night was quiet, except for the sounds of the fire and Felodran sparring with Kitt. Even then, did those sounds fade into the dark, star-filled night.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #766 on: May 27, 2010, 11:59:21 PM »
Kiana wasn't as lucky as she hoped she would be. She did dream. Well, actually, it was a nightmare. In the nightmare, the group was in a full-fledged battle. Against whom, she did not know, but it was many opponents. As the battle went on, she realized that she couldn't move and when she cast her spells they never worked. They would hit but just have the effect of feathers, so basically no effect at all. All she could do was watch as, one by one, her comrades fell. After they were all dead, the opponents left and she was left standing there alone as if she were invisible. It was her brother's death all over again. Anyone who wasn't inside her head would see her laying on the ground as stiff as a board. Her arms were straight at her sides and her legs were straight. Her face was as rigid as her body with her jaw clenched tight as if she was trying to hold back her emotions.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #767 on: May 31, 2010, 02:11:59 AM »
Talin took offense to the 'Only one-' part of Korius' lecture. "Don't thow me in with those idiots who couldn't even fight, let alone kill, a dragon... I already mastered the Incantation, just need to get used to a different power source" he mumbled the last half of his 'defense' as he focused on getting himself next to Elistra, who had now awoken, and feigned annoyance while waiting for him to get near her. "Can't you at least tell me you're going to practice it, before almost killing yourself?!"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #768 on: May 31, 2010, 05:46:48 PM »
Drevo leaned against the tree watching over the others as a few of them started to sleep. He yawned looking over to Kitt and Felodran sparring. "You two should get some rest..." He scratched his ear under his hat and went back to looking over the others periodically looking into the surrounding trees. He started to nod off so he shoved himself off the tree and began to pace back and forth. He didn't particularly like keeping watch but it was the only form of protection he can succesfully offer. So he kept quiet and did it without complaining.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #769 on: June 02, 2010, 07:48:07 PM »
The next morning, Korius woke up to great pains. To no real surprise, White had situated himself next to him. White woke up fairly quickly, being a light sleeper, and paranoid. He walked over to Korius and examined his arms. "Y'know, Korius. It'd be easier to sleep without having to worry about you guys' injuries. As much as a 'fun' adventure this has been, I really can't stay with you all for too long. I can stay with you all until you heal, but I think I'm at the end of my rope. I'm exhausting myself everyday, and just being with you all is hazardous to my health." Korius sighed as White began to treat his arms. "Are you sure? I'm sure Kiana's going to miss having a pet with her, but I guess it's up to you. You weren't in the prophecy, so you're not required to be with us. Either way, I'm glad you joined us, even though it was only for a short time."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #770 on: June 03, 2010, 12:03:30 AM »
Kiana had been awake for maybe ten minutes before Korius and White woke up, having to release her muscles to let them relax since she had been stiff as a board while she slept because of her dream. Her eyes were still closed though as she listened to the sounds around her and then listened to the conversation. "I heard that..." She mumbled, still not opening her eyes. It did disappoint her that White was going to leave since he had been the only one who cared about her after Korius had yelled at her and slapped her, but she wasn't going to let the disappointment show. She slowly opened her eyes and sat up. Her braid was all messed up from lying on the ground so she untied it. Combing her fingers through it, she got out all the knots and a couple little twigs and a leaf. After she re-braided her hair and tied it again, she stretched her arms up into the air and made a face at the soreness she felt in them.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #771 on: June 03, 2010, 09:56:37 PM »

"'Tis a shame White mage, that you'll be leaving soon... you are a good person and a heck of a fine cleric!"
Felodran said as he was stirring. The duel between himself and Kitt had been put on hold for another time. Felodran unsteadily grabbed the trunk of a tree and hoisted himself off. He walked over to the mage and pat him on the shoulder.

"Well... good luck to you then."
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 01:26:04 AM by Gabag »

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #772 on: June 04, 2010, 01:15:24 AM »
Entaru woke up in his usual way...cursing at the sun and stumbling about trying to get up.  He barely caught what White had said but it was enough for him to become even more flabbergasted.  "You're leaving?  We already get injured too often as is...what's going to happen no-AH!"  Entaru, in his stumblings, tripped over the log he had been using as a seat the night earlier and landed with a thud.  "OW!  See what I mean?!  Who knows what kind of injuries we could sustain."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #773 on: June 04, 2010, 01:21:03 AM »
Talin was still asleep while all of this was going on, but Elistra was watching as White said his farewell, and the others had their respective farewells or replies to him leaving. "Just realize you're leaving the healing to Talin when you leave, since hes the only one with healing powers...." she said this in such a unique way that most of the group didn't hear her, but White would know whos going to take his 'place'.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #774 on: June 04, 2010, 01:30:41 AM »
Drevo was half asleep leaning standing up against a tree with his hat down over his face. He heard White was leaving and pushed his hat out of his face and walked over to him. "Well, thanks for healing my butt so often, I was probably most healed by you...Without you I'd probably be six feet under many times over. Sorry to see you go, you were a fine asset while you were here." He probably would have patted him on the back or something but he was healing Korius and figured it could wait.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #775 on: June 04, 2010, 09:01:01 AM »
Kitt yawned, stretching as he woke.... Rolling over onto his side he expected so see the familiar form of his father asleep... Instead there was simply an empty space in front of the dying fire. He sighed, getting onto all fours and from there standing up stiffly...
"Mornin' People..."
He yawned again, slinging his repeater crossbow over one shoulder... Looking up he noticed everyone watching White.... "Uhm... I have a feeling i missed somthing here.... whats ever'one talkin' about?"
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #776 on: June 04, 2010, 02:17:19 PM »
Korius sighed as White continued to rid the rot and decay from developing in his arms. "He's not only a a good cleric, he's the last one on Gaia, Felodran. Even though Talin's got some of Chronin's powers, he can't use it productively. That's why I've decided for all of us to take a detour in our journey. We're heading out to see the ninja friend of Drevo's. We ALL still need to get stronger. If something like this last fight happens, we're doomed to fail for sure. It'll be 4 days out of the way, but I'm sure we can spare that time. All I can say for you magic users is to learn to cast your spells faster and keep moving while you cast. The more you use your magic, the more your Majicka grows, and you won't have to worry about passing out, as long as you don't spend ALL of your Majicka. We'll be in good hands."

White held in tears and whimpers as many were saying their goodbyes. "I'm sorry, everyone, but I just can't stay. It's not my place to be in situation like this. But I will cherish every moment that I've spent with you all. I'll stay with you all until your training is over. But after you have all finished, we'll be going our separate ways."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #777 on: June 04, 2010, 03:14:07 PM »
Kiana listened to everyone's goodbyes to White in silence. She also listened to the plans Korius had for them without saying a word. Right then she felt like she could leave the group without anyone noticing but she also felt that she was overreacting. She got up from the ground and moved away from the group. She began practicing her Judo Jo Kata for the first time in a while. Focusing on that would take her mind off of everything else.

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #778 on: June 06, 2010, 02:12:43 AM »
Entaru grimaced as White made his good-byes.  He didn't get to know him very well but he knew that they would need the kid eventually...especially at the rate they were going.  "Well, I suppose that if you have to go then you have to go.  Try to be careful, will ya kid?"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #779 on: June 06, 2010, 03:52:26 AM »
Talin started to wake up in Elistra's arms, and kissed her 'good-morning' before looking at to see White with a look of sadness and everyone else depressed; all of these could only mean one thing to Talin: He had to figure out the incantation's full potential before their next guardian battle, or things would turn nasty. "Can I. Get up. now?" his voice was strained since his body is still in spiritual recovery after the failed incantation, leaving his body partially dehydrated and his thought process all but non-existant. "No, and nothing about your current health will convince me otherwise..." She hefted Talin over her right shoulder, and he could only hang while living through a magical hang-over.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 03:54:11 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »