The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128982 times)

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #795 on: June 14, 2010, 06:55:40 PM »
Drevo just layed there after cringing from White. "Well, we'll see when we get there I suppose." He just looked up into the sky through the small opening in the canopy of the trees watching the clouds drift by. He wasn't particularly enjoying this healing process, but he was getting used to it. After all it's been several times now that White has healed him. Probably the most out of all of them, it's not like he had a problem with it but if White was leaving he'd have to be more careful. Injuries seemed to attract to him quite often, expecially when he's running around taking hits for everyone...He sighed as he thought. "This is going to be the end of me...I just know it..."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #796 on: June 14, 2010, 07:31:35 PM »
With his hood pulled fully up over his head, covering every part of him from the whiskers to his ears, he couldnt see anyone else... Alone in his little bubble of solitude he sighed, leaning heavily against the trunk of the tree. Sliding down until he was in a comfortable sitting position he watched the group from the small gap between his hood and cloak, with his father gone, and his mother still lost to him everything seemed so pointless...

Whispering under his breath Kitt twisted his tail around one paw in anxiety..."My Mothers dead... Now My Fathers dead.... and My whole damned clan of Szardas is dead, at least i havnt seen another of my clan for years now...." He sighed again, crossing his legs and pulling his hood even further over, until he could see nothing but the close-nit stitching of the cloaks material...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #797 on: June 14, 2010, 08:23:47 PM »
White panted and sweated as he took his hands from Drevo. "Phew! That should do for now. Another treatment and you should be done, assuming we don't run into any trouble." He got up and looked at Korius, a little worn and dizzy. Korius returned the wolf's gaze and clapped his hands together. "Alright group! Let's get moving. If we head straight north, we should be there in about 3 days, 4 tops."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #798 on: June 14, 2010, 09:06:13 PM »
Kiana let out a sigh of relief at hearing that they were moving out. At least for now she didn't have to think about having to get healed when she didn't find it necessary. She rose from her spot on the ground with her staff in her right hand. It was easy to detect that she was bored by the look on her face. She just hoped that the next few days passed quickly because at least something interesting might happen when they found Drevo's friend.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #799 on: June 16, 2010, 05:42:03 PM »
Entaru looked at Korius and nodded in confirmation.  He was glad to get moving again.  He noticed that his infection seemed more active when he wasn't, so moving was definently preferrable.  He looked around at the group as they began to get ready to move on, and noticed the sullen Kitt.  Walking over he knelt down beside him and patted him on the shoulder.  "You alright kid?  You look low enough to walk under a snake while wearing a top hat."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #800 on: June 16, 2010, 05:53:43 PM »
Elistra kept Talin on her left shoulder while walking over the occasional rock or wood-based obstacle with the obvious finesse of someone who used to carry a body through the woods. "Unless I have a very stereotypical set of literature, I assume the moment we find any signs of cherry blossoms would mean we're not completely lost" she nearly shouted, somewhat annoyed at how vague the path was that they were going to walk on. "Don't you mean 'racist'?" "Go back to sleep idiot..."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #801 on: June 16, 2010, 07:27:03 PM »
Drevo was relieved that White was done healing him. When Koruis let them know they were moving out he happily got up and stretched being free to move. "Aaall right, finally we're going to start moving. I can almost feel that hotspring...Too bad it's going to take a few days, gonna be a drag I'm sure..." He grabbed his bowstaff, rested it behind his neck and followed behind the others as he usually did. He had an eager and happy look on his face, as if he were a child going to the candy store.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #802 on: June 16, 2010, 07:55:09 PM »
Kitt looked up at Entaru, his hood fell back and despite himself he gave a half-smile at the comment on snakes and top hats... "Yeah.... I'm feelin' pretty low at the moment..." He stood up, brushing the dust from his rangers cloak and slung his fathers old crossbow over the other shoulder.... "I'l be fine... i think... thanks for askin'" He attempted a smile, but didn't quite manage it...

Turning away from Entaru he pulled his hood up again, setting his face in dark shadow once again as he started to walk alongside the rest of the group.... He turned his head once to watch Entaru, before looking back down at the ground under his hood... In that moment of brief eye-contact he felt glad that at least someone cared about how he felt...

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #803 on: June 16, 2010, 10:30:03 PM »
Korius sighed at Elistra's comment, "You are being racist on that. This isn't like Vorona, Elistra. Celestia only has trees similar to those in Karasia and Lavardia. Telbanth a a fair-sized city just north of Provas' territory. Hopefully, they'll be heading west to look for us instead of north. This small detour might even throw Kyzen and the remaining Guardians off our tail for a bit." Korius looked back to check on the group as they moved and couldn't help but notice Kitt still moping. Poor kid... to feel the tragedies of war this early in his life...

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #804 on: June 16, 2010, 11:46:59 PM »
Kiana glanced at Kitt while they were walking and sighed. She knew exactly how he felt. Sure she hadn't lost her parents but she had lost the person closest to her, her brother. At that thought, she remembered Kamau's death and then the dream she had had the night before. She shook her head to try to get rid of the memories of both Kamau's death and her dream. It didn't work though and she found herself feeling completely useless to the group again. Soon enough she found herself pulling up her hood just like Kitt had as she stared at the ground as she walked.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #805 on: June 17, 2010, 12:58:59 AM »
Felodran, in the middle of the discussion about who was next on the hit list, had wandered off into his mind, going through different drilling from his enlistment again and again.

"You guard is too fragile boy! Don't slump down either, it ruins the stance. I thought i was sent a hardened swordsman, but instead I got a rookie who thinks he's hot stuff." The Celestian guardsman sparring with him, also the drill master.

It had been hard to try and conform to these new tactics. The Celestians certainly were hard in their training.

At first, the drill master wouldn't have crossed Felodran's mind again. That was until he remembered why the man crossed him and now lay dead.

It was a tragic thing for Felodran. His best friend, Gorm, had been drinking, and made arrangements to have a man to man unarmed brawl with the drill master. The harsh man instead responded with a powerful choke, as he took the life of the man in front of him. The crowd, ignorant to Gorm dying, cheered the drill master on, as Felodran could only watch and yell in despair.

He shook off his trip down memory lane, and realized everyone went on without him. He saw their tracks and laughed to himself that they were laughable easy to track at least.

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #806 on: June 17, 2010, 04:07:38 AM »
Entaru smiled at Kitt and patted him on the head.  "Just know that you're not alone as long as you're with us.  We all have scars and crosses to bear but the load is always easier when someone shares the burden."  Entaru knew what Kitt was feeling right now.  He had watched his family die too, only his was at the hands of a drunken mage.  He wasn't nearly as young when it happened, but the feeling was always the same.  He couldn't help but think of his son as he looked at Kitt, before that fateful day.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #807 on: June 17, 2010, 09:35:08 AM »
"Well excuse me for not having a %#$$#$% map or an encyclopedia on pla-" Talin broke out of her grip, planted his feet on the ground, and had Elistra's back lying on his right shoulder. "Please excuse her ignorance, she was never allowed to leave the cave; until she gave her father a valid reason to follow me around." He kept his right hand over her snout, holding it shut in a vice-grip while grabbing and taking his voulge back from her. He noticed how Kitt still couldn't push away the pain of his father's death, and caught up next to Korius, and whispered into his left ear. "Korius, should I tell Kitt about my family life if he keeps moping about?" Normally he would have told him if Kitt tried to ask, but he didn't know if he would get 'better' before then...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #808 on: June 17, 2010, 06:08:18 PM »
Drevo watched as Elistra and Talin were fussing with eachother then Felodran came up behind him. Then he looked over to Kitt who seemed in his down mood. Walking over to him he gave him a hard pat on the back. "So, Kitt, tell me about your father. I'm sure he was a great man. Maybe not greater than my father, my father was a great, great man. I remember whenever I got in trouble when I was young as long as I was honest with he he'd never be mad. Your old man better than that, eh?" Drevo was trying to start a little competition about their fathers to lift Kitt's spirits. He was being a bit forward, but he would either start talking about him or get further depressed.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #809 on: June 17, 2010, 07:16:57 PM »
Kitt turned to look at Drevo, shrugging off the pat on the back he spoke from under his hood rather quietly...
 "H-he was a g-good man.... E-even after my m-mother had been lost for so l-long he still tried to find her...." Under his ranger's cloak his fists curled up in anger, held so tight that his claws almost drew blood from his palms... "H-he said... 'I'l find her...  i'l never give up till i find her... and this family is back together...' So yes, my father was a great man... greater than any other... though perhaps that is just my view of him..."
 The last sentence had been said louder than the rest, and he looked up for the first time, meeting Drevo's eyes... a single tear ran down his cheek as he turned and kept looking straight ahead.... he sighed, kicking a stone as he walked...
"He was a good man... and i'm sure he wouldnt want me acting so childishly at his death.... "