The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128978 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #810 on: June 18, 2010, 11:59:48 PM »
Korius whispered back over to Talin, "I don't think that's exactly a good idea. Your father was killed to prevent possession, and put you up for adoption. Not exactly a cheering story. Best to keep it to yourself. Besides, the old fart seems to be his closest friend right now. Let them sort it out together. Sometimes the best advice comes from our elders, and he seems to be getting better without us intervening." That day and the next 3 were not too eventful, just merely hiking in awkwardness, sometimes filled with small chitchat, but nothing major. It began to rain on the morning of the day they finally arrived to the borders of Provas' territory. The journey had taken longer than expected but now they reached the gates and sure enough, it was even more heavily guarded than the previous one, with more than 50 guards posted that were visible. Korius stopped the group in a thicket about 800 yards away, just out of sight of the guards. They needed to find a way through without arousing any trouble.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #811 on: June 19, 2010, 01:26:10 AM »
Kiana glanced towards Kitt when she actually heard him speak but then looked forward again. She felt bad for the kid but she didn't feel she could cheer him up any. Sometimes people just had to heal on their own time by their own means. For the rest of their journey to Provas' territory, she didn't speak a word. When Korius stopped the group in the thicket she knew that he was trying to think of a safe way through. To her it seemed obvious but she wasn't surprised that he didn't even ask her what she could do. She knew that she could make a tunnel underneath the area for safe passage, but she wasn't going to mention it.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #812 on: June 19, 2010, 02:34:34 AM »
Felodran followed into the thicket and took notice of everything he saw the large amount of guards, the fact they had the advantage of higher ground, Felodran surmised a direct assault would be near suicidal, even with the unique skills everyone possessed, he then came out sighing.

"Well we found the usual gates and guards again... this time however it seems to be a bit more serious in keeping people like us out. Anyone have any ideas on how to get past them without too many casualties and notice?

Felodran asked to break that uncomfortable silence that permeated the group, and also because sometimes people just had great ideas.

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #813 on: June 19, 2010, 04:47:33 AM »
Entaru thought for a moment and an idea sprung into his head.  "Kiana, do you think you can use your magic to tunnel underneath the the outpost?  If you can, I can use my magic to keep an eye on them while you work"  He was already thinking of ways to bend and mold his glass to see whilst underground.  If they could get far enough past the outpost, then they could hide it.  Afterward, should the time come, they could collapse the tunnel as a distraction, destroying the outpost completely.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #814 on: June 19, 2010, 11:27:32 AM »
Talin looked to each side of the gates, to see if they ended at any point. "Why not just go around and avoid this whole mess, or a coordinated attack to wipe them all out in a matter of minutes; I'm partial to either." He let Elistra down, and crossed her arms while staring at Talin with her dangerously slitted eyes. He waited for either Kiana or Korius to decide what to do, as Kiana seemed to have become the second in command while he and Elistra were gone.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #815 on: June 19, 2010, 07:17:09 PM »
Drevo kept mostly quiet for the three days aside from trying to cheep Kitt up by getting him to talk about how great his father was. When they stopped away from the checkpoint filled with guards he leaned against a tree. While the others thought of plans he just waited quietly. He was willing to do what ever, but he would prefer to not get injured again. Mainly due to him being paranoid about death following him, he wanted to live at least until he could face Elistro again. He was also concerned about having to get healed by White again, he might "accidentally" kill him this time instead of heal him.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #816 on: June 19, 2010, 08:33:32 PM »
For the three days of hiking Kitt kept quiet and to himself, only talking when spoken to... As they sat in the thicket, rain pattered off leaves and the cloaks of the group...
Watching the heavily guarded outpost, he sighed, fingers drumming lightly on the blade of his ranger's sword...
"Well.... a frontal attack is definitely out of the question.... Surprise is our advantage here..." He looked around at the rest of the group... it was the first time he'd spoken in hours and hours, and his voice wavered croakily....

He ran two fingers down his father's crossbow, eager to do somthing, anything... they had been walking and walking, and now it seemed they may finally see some action.... He couldnt wait to set about killing those who had been in allegiance with those responsible for his father's death.... let them all be killed, painfully...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #817 on: June 19, 2010, 11:17:01 PM »
Korius shushed Chrono, "Sorry, but we're going to perhaps go with the old fart's idea. We're going to have to avoid a fight with that many, and we don't even know how many are lodging inside between shifts. I guess that little sortie that we had at the other side of the border really forced them to up the ante in security. Half of us aren't even in a condition to fight. It's best if we do our best to avoid battle."
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 11:57:02 PM by VeeSmith: His Wolfy »

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #818 on: June 20, 2010, 12:27:52 AM »
Kiana just looked at Felodran blankly when he asked if anybody had any ideas, not planning on bringing up what she could do. When Entaru spoke up and ended up mentioning what she had thought of, she almost snarled but restrained herself and kept the expressionless look on her face. "Of course I could..." She said with a shrug as she looked at Entaru. She glanced over at Korius, still feeling the grudge she was holding from the incident from after their run-in with Drevo's friends. Nobody else probably even remembered the argument that had started with her just trying to joke around with Korius or the slap she got in return along with basically being told to stay in her place because she was a woman, not even Korius. She doubted that he ever felt guilt for things that he said or did. He wouldn't apologize if he did remember anyway, she knew that much. The glance at Korius only lasted about a second then her eyes moved to look back at Entaru as she unconsciously rubbed her cheek (the one Korius had slapped).

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #819 on: June 20, 2010, 01:48:12 AM »
Felodran glanced around, and saw Kiana, seemingly unnerved, and rubbing her cheek r.. At first he was confused, then instantly remembered. Ever since that day she seemed to lose all enthusiasm, understandable so, but Felodran didn't hold it against Korius that much, he wasnt berating her for being a woman, but for fooling around.

"Korius probably destroyed that woman's confidence that day, even if by accident. It's a shame, she seemed nice, I'll bring it up when there's a moment."

"Well we have a plan, go underground using Kiana's talents while Entaru keeps watch, any objections?"

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #820 on: June 20, 2010, 03:57:01 AM »
Entaru nodded at Kiana, not really noticing her unease, and turned back to Korius.  "Alright, lets get this done.  The quicker this happens, the less time they have to discover us."  As he began to get into position he noticed Kitt's expression.  He didn't say anything but he knew that face.  The boy had blood on the mind and vengence in his stance.  Placing his hand on the boy's shoulder he looked at Kitt and whispered.  "Take it easy, kid.  You'll get your chance"  With another pat on the shoulder, he got into position.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #821 on: June 20, 2010, 04:21:18 AM »
Talin frowned a bit, he was raring to fight, but would have to wait until they got to the 'dojo' until he could fight someone. "My mother once said my father had the ability to bend his enemies to his will; turn them into corrupted madmen and women, but that was only a week before he got possesed. If I was angry right now, I could do the same to the first set of guards... but I'm too intimidated by the fact that they're all armored... armed... and much more confident." For the rest of their conversation, both began speaking draconic, mostly out of frustration. "You're a freaking coward, you know that?!" "Fine, turn feral and we'll storm their base; you know almost more than I do that I can't fight all of them without you watching my back!!" "I'm not there to be your crutch fu-" Talin thankfully didn't have his weapon drawn as he leaped at Elistra, his hand around her neck and the other at her snout. "You know where this goes if you finish that word... woman" the last sentance was said in his normal tongue as he was only a few inches away from going beserk.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 04:22:50 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #822 on: June 20, 2010, 07:14:33 AM »
Drevo heard what Kitt said, then watched Talin, seeing the urge to kill someone. Then he lunged at Elistra out of nowhere. He felt where Kitt was coming from, he too sought revenge. One of those men could provide information where Elistro would be. It was already apparent some wanted blood and action. Almost half the group, they could easily storm them if they could get close enough. The only problem with that would be Korius, and afterward White most definitely. If Drevo went, Kitt would most definitely and Talin and by default Elistra. Three warriors and a Ranger, that would be plenty. Drevo tightened his grip on his bowstaff and started to march towards the outpost. Unfortunately Korius was in his path, he would just go around him when needed. "I'll kill'em all for what they did."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #823 on: June 20, 2010, 09:09:49 AM »
Kitt looked up at Entaru, and sighed, forcing himself to calm down... it was hard, but he'd done it many times before... pushing that small voice that urged to slaughter deep down for now, he took a shaky breath and stood up from his crouching position. The rain was getting heavier, and the steely grey drops spattered off every surface, churning up the earth into mud and soaking through Kitt's cloak, despite its thickness...

He watched with mild interest as Talin grappled with Elistra, and noticed Drevo seemingly attempting to  go about his own plan... shaking his head he drew his sword partway out of its scabbard, and left it there in easy reach....
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #824 on: June 20, 2010, 12:01:11 PM »
"Kiana, I'll leave this up to you. Just don't strain yourself." As Drevo began to go around him he kept his voice low enough only for Drevo to hear. "You go out there, you die by yourself. You can already see more than 50 in that outpost, and there's at least the same number inside, if not more. Your wounds haven't healed, nor has mine nor Kiana's. The kid's still green behind the ears and, like me, Talin will end up like me if his blood begins to boil in battle. You best learn patience, lest you have a death wish." Korius walked over towards Talin and Elistra and kicked Talin's armpit, forcing the his right arm's muscles to retract and let go. He then clamped a leg on the loosened arm and lifted that side of Talin enough for Elistra to get free and possibly get out. At the same time, Korius eyed Kitt with a warning look, already feeling the kid's developing feelings of blood-lust. They cannot afford to get engaged into a sortie right now.