The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128972 times)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #840 on: June 28, 2010, 09:12:57 PM »
Kitt watched as the tunnel collapsed, taking the unfortunate guard with it... he sniggered, laughing at the buffoon's pain as earth and stone crushed him.... he decided against drawing his sword, and instead pulled two long curving daggers from their scabbards at his thighs.... His father's weapons would taste blood again.... The daggers responded to his ache for a fight, and hummed softly, glowing a pearlescant ice-blue...

"Let them drink blood soon, let them slice through air and bone, cleave armour from flesh and strike those who would oppose them down..". Kitt Smiled as he started to run, chanting the litany under his breath.... "And may on this day I drink from the sweet cup of victory, for none shall stand in the path of Ranger...."

• Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #841 on: June 28, 2010, 11:58:30 PM »
Korius felt uneasy again as they ran, and it was coming from the kid. He fell back a little to pace next to the child and placed the same bandaged hand over the kid's head. "Ranger's Code #2. Remember it, kiddo. You're father's always watching you from the other side." Korius ran back ahead and they made it far deeper into the forest. Not too long after, Telbanth was in sight, but it stopped at just that as the whole group became surrounded by incoming nets from all sides, no openings. Entaru raised his arms and cut through one of the sides, making a break for it. However, his escape was cut short as his heart struck him just as he passed it. A shadowy figure came from the trees and came down on the old one, taking advantage of his symptoms, and cut him in half.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #842 on: June 29, 2010, 02:12:20 AM »
Kiana wasn't quick enough to do anything to stop the nets from coming at the group. She watched as Entaru cut through a net and made a run for it, only to be brought to his end by being sliced in half. For once she actually cringed away from what she saw. When the nets caught them all, pressing them together in one group, she didn't even bother to struggle. She didn't see any point in it because it was obvious that they wouldn't be getting out. All she did was let out sigh.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #843 on: June 29, 2010, 06:39:59 PM »
Talin wasn't much hindered by the net since he wasn't even standing to begin with. "Elistra, think you can push these nets off with your 'body'?" She barely heard him as he tried to seem like he was either asleep, or dead. "Yes, but someone would have to draw their attention as soon as the nets come off, it easy for me to get big, but not so easy to shrink with my increase of mass and all that." Talin fought back a pre-mature grin as he started to realize that whoever was left behind, was probably going to die faster than the old mage did...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #844 on: June 29, 2010, 08:58:31 PM »
Drevo fell flat on his face when the nets hit him. Rolling over on his side only to see Entaru being cut in half. But being caught in the nets was puzzling to him, it probably wasn't a prank from Ferdande considering if he pulled a prank like this he would have just tranquilized everyone. But even if it was a joke, he wouldn't have killed Entaru. Drevo also thought that in all their present positions, he was less likely to escape, considering he didn't exactly have a bladed weapon. The person most suited to do anything would be Kiana since she was an earth mage.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #845 on: June 30, 2010, 01:02:17 AM »
Korius growled at the impact of ended up getting bunched up with the others in the tight, steel-knit net. Several more figures jumped from the trees and brandished wakizashis and katanas. "Looks like we have some royal scouts here. Let's make sure they don't report back to Parodius." Korius growled louder as they approached, "Back off! We're here to see your master. My name is Korius Lambent, predecessor of Valius Rampart and carrier of Koara Uzima's last will. Also among us is one of your own's best friend, Drevo." The figures circled the group, still closing in. They ignored Korius' words and stank of bloodlust.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #846 on: June 30, 2010, 01:51:01 AM »
Kiana felt a twinge of sadness at the mention of Valius then was angered by them not listening to Korius when he was telling them the truth. She easily spotted the leader of the group as she eyed the lot of them. "Maybe this will make them listen..." She thought as she eyed the leader. With a small motion of her left hand, she sent a jut of rock up at the leader, nailing him in his "man parts". Normally, with a move like that she would have had a smirk on her face afterward but this time she just had a stern look. "Stop being morons! If you were actually paying attention and weren't so eager to kill whoever came across you, it would be obvious that weren't royal scouts! I mean, seriously, does this bunch of misfits look like a group of royal scouts to you?!" She shouted angrily.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #847 on: June 30, 2010, 02:09:50 AM »
"Um, theres two things wrong with what that one 'ninja' said, one, we're not royal scouts, two... last time I checked, we're trying to avoid Parodius." He said only a few seconds before Kiana hit another ninja in the most brutal of low-blows. "Seriously, of all the things you could have done; you crotch-punch a ninja." "Dear, would you kindly shut up before I make sure you can't walk forever?"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #848 on: June 30, 2010, 06:40:02 PM »
As the ninja who was hit below the belt was hit he exploded into a puff of smoke. One of the others was not amused and went over to Kiana, and got ready to stab her with his wakizashi. But Ferdande suddenly came from the trees in a flash and kneed him in the stomach before delivering a round house kick to the face sending him into a tree causing him to burst into smoke. As Ferdande finished his kick he shot down two more with his wrist crossbows. The last five of them focused on him before charging him. Ferdande drew two kunais and darted into the group killing two, then he drop kicked another in the chest before somersaulting over another and snapping his neck. He then whipped around to slice the last one in the throat. Moments later they all burst into clouds of smoke. As the smoke cleared a good twenty more appeared in the treeline. Ferdande put his hands together and pulled them apart quickly, sending a barrage of kunai knives at them, nailing them all and turning them to smoke. "Sakai! Jizo! Enough! I can vouch for them!"  shouted Ferdande. Just then a figure darted at him from out of the smoke. Ferdande deflected the kunai that was thrown then blocked the kunai in the figure's hand. Ferdande grabbed his hand, kneed him in the stomach and threw him over his shoulder. "Jizo, I said enough!" Jizo got off the ground and darted off. Ferdande walked over to the group in the net and began to cut them loose, giving Korius then Drevo a hand up. "I apologize for the others, they are only doing their job as guards." "You gotta teach me that knife thing, man." "Some other time, Drevo, what are you doing here?" "Well, in a nutshell, we're here to get stronger. We also seek your master, well, Korius does." "Drevo, you know I-" "C'mon, you have to, this is really important..." "I'm sorry, Dre-" "Do it for me, we all need to get stronger. I need to get stronger, I need to kill Elistro...That bastard who is responsible for killing my entire family..." Ferdande didn't say anything for a moment. "Alright, Drevo...I'll see what I can do." With that Ferdande whistled, a hawk flew down and landed in his extended arm. He placed the hawk on his shoulder and took out a small scroll and wrote something on it. He then fastened it to the hawk's leg and sent him off. "I'm informing my master of your arrival, we'll get an answer if she will help you later today. For now, let's go to town, I am sure you are all tired."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #849 on: June 30, 2010, 07:10:11 PM »
Kitt struggled against the nets, his twin daggers burned a bright white, flickering ethereal flames running down their blades... they felt his fear, his anger at Entaru's death.... But he was stuck, unable to get a good swing at the rope....
"Cowards! I'd gut every one of you.... You Cowards!"
He struggled still more, tugging against the nets he watched as someone threw a hail of knives towards the cloaked man.... finally giving up, his last reserves of pent up frustration and energy gone, Kitt slumped against the tight net bindings..... he didnt care what happened now....

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #850 on: June 30, 2010, 11:31:34 PM »
One of the figures jumped up into the trees and the net came loose. Korius sighed in relief as he was finally not up against everyone else. The rest of the ninjas pulled the nets off the group and vanished into the trees. "Ferdande may trust you, but we will be watching." Korius groaned as he got up, stretching his limbs. "Oh, shut up. For a group that was once under my command, you sure are ignorant on who you trap up." Korius' eye glowed a bright red and his other eye began to glow as well, with his anger. However, Korius did his best to suppress himself. He walked up to Ferdande, "As you might be able to sense and feel, I desperately need your master's help, lest you wish to have you and everyone within this vicinity dead. Let us make haste."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #851 on: July 01, 2010, 12:39:33 AM »
Once everything was over and she saw that both her earth move and her words had no effect in the situation, she felt like she was completely useless to the group again. She didn't even move when the net was removed and instead just stood there like a statue. Finally while Korius walked over to Ferdande, her eyes shifted to look at her staff and then to the ground. Slowly her left hand moved inside her cloak to where her brother's throwing stars were and she let out a sigh. She lifted her eyes to look ahead of her and nodded to herself then lifted her hood onto her head.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #852 on: July 01, 2010, 12:50:07 AM »
Elistra let go of Talin and followed Kiana, and Talin slowly stood up and followed Korius, acting like he just woke up. Elistra was visible in Kiana's peripheral vision, and was trying to get a look at her eyes. "You know, theres being tough, then theres just suffering quietly; you don't have to say anything now if you wish... or you can just ignore me and continue playing 'cool'." she finished as Kiana seemed not even remotely paying attention. But, having to deal with Talin for at least two years gave her a few meters of fuse to burn before she would really go beserk.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #853 on: July 01, 2010, 01:31:59 AM »
Ferdande led the group to town, which was about ten minutes away. He led them into the open town gate and shortly it closed behind them. Eyes were on the group as people walked the streets going about their business. Eyes from the dark alleyways, windows, around corners and from everyone else. Though no one said anything. After a short walk Ferdande led the others to an inn. He walked inside with them and turned to them. "There are five rooms upstairs reserved for you all. I payed for the expenses, I've been expecting you. Especially you, Korius. Korius, your room is at the very end to the left, Drevo, yours is opposite his. The rest of you can choose any of the other rooms next to those. I'll be back when I receive word on your request." With that Ferdande walked out without another word, vanishing as he stepped foot outside.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #854 on: July 01, 2010, 08:38:58 AM »
Kitt followed the new figure along with the rest of the group, he kept both daggers drawn, but beneath his cloak as they walked.... Both Blades had now gone from a burning white, to a pale blue as they walked into the Inn....

He had kept his hood pulled up during the short journey, and now finally pulled it down once inside... It was warm in the Inn and the weariness of constant travelling, the death of father, and the death of Entaru finally caught up with him.... The prospect of a real bed seemed like a lifeline to safety.... With that he opened the first door and slipped quietly in, dropping his crossbow across the bare floorboards, as well as his cloak and short sword... his daggers however, stayed clenched in both hands....

He wondered to himself whether anyone else would be sleeping in the room with him, there where two small beds, so if anyone wanted to they could... with that he lay down on the bed, and curled up beneath his ranger's cloak, already fast asleep....