The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128973 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #855 on: July 01, 2010, 12:05:13 PM »
Korius sighed as he lay down in his new quarters as Ferdande began to walk away, "So where are the others going to stay? Can I get our white mage in my room? I kinda need him with me." White gulped at the sound of these words. He always felt uneasy being in a closed in area with Korius. For some reason, it just feels like Korius would eat him, if given the chance. White pulled Ferdande aside before he left, "If you can, I'd rather stay with Kiana. I need to give everyone medical attention, but I would prefer to NOT stay with Korius."
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 04:16:34 PM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #856 on: July 01, 2010, 04:19:30 PM »
Kiana was listening to Elistra but just paying attention to where she was walking instead of looking at her. "The issue is that people assume too much..." She mumbled her reply as she walked. "I never said I was tough...it was just assumed that I was..." She continued the rest of the walk in silence. When they reached the inn and Ferdande told them about there rooms, she headed to them. She just picked a room that she was sure was empty and didn't pay attention to who would be in the neighboring room(s). She didn't even close the door, just walked over to the bed and fell face first onto it. She hiding crying or anything because she wasn't crying, she was just exhausted.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #857 on: July 01, 2010, 04:59:05 PM »
Elistra picked up what Kiana said, but waited until they could be somewhere private before going further into it. "You okay with me just visiting Kiana?" "Sure, just make sure you bring your clothes back with you..." He felt his hair get yanked back before he was looking at Elistra's grim snarl. "I mean, please come back soon..." She calmed down and let his hair go, then pushed him towards the room they were going to sleep in while Elistra herself went to Kiana's room to find the door unusually open.

She sat down on the floor and watched Kiana just lay on the bed face-down. "I believe assumptions are made because someone does not communicate their attitude in a form that is understood by everyone else... I can assume you're a mage with a slightly noble background and a temper issue, but I would like to know what brought this image about." if she at least got her angry, then she might slip a few pieces of her background. There was the idea of beating the info out of her, but she only did that to Talin because he came with the intention of killing her, and it was rather amusing to see him get back up after each injury she inflicted.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #858 on: July 01, 2010, 07:21:38 PM »
Before Ferdande went off he replied to White. "It doesn't matter where any of you stay. Just Korius just has to be in that room, and Drevo in his." Drevo walked up the stairs to his room, he passed the open room of Kiana's, who was on the left of the hallway next to Korius' room. There was one more room next to Kiana's that was reserved and the last one on the right side next to Drevo's. He went into his room, a large bed was in the center of the room. It looked like a king size bed. There was a wardrobe to the right, a window to the left, a desk under the window and a night stand to the right of the bed. Drevo leaned his bowstaff against the wardrobe and plopped down on the bed. "Ah...Comfy..." "Lets see...What now? Hmm...I should probably hold the hotsprings until I know what's happening."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #859 on: July 01, 2010, 08:15:06 PM »
Kitt snored, snuffling in his sleep.... he was dreaming....

He stood in the clearing of a forest, around him stood his family... more than that, his entire clan.... The Rangers of Szarda stood around him, along with his father.... But at the furthest edges of the clearing somthing was closing in. A swirling fog of darkness rose up and swallowed those rangers who stood furthest away from Kitt... The fog swirled closer and closer, figures disapearing into darkness... He tried to shout out, to warn them, but no-one heard him...

The darkness was circling him, closing in until only he and his father stood together.... the fog swept in, around his father too, until he stood alone in suffocating darkness....

Kitt woke with a start, struggling against the cloying dark fog.... sighing he realised it was just his cloak, and that the hood had fallen down over his head.... groaning he slumped back down onto the sheets, and fell back into uneasy sleep...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #860 on: July 01, 2010, 11:00:29 PM »
Korius slept soundly that night, but not as much as White. White dreamt and slept with ease, not being so close to Korius, despite the two women talking right next to him. Later in the night, Korius' sleep was disturbed as he sensed something amiss. He opened his eyes, his one glowing in the night. A shadowy figure jumped down from the rafters and came down with a downward thrust towards the bed. Korius jumped out as the wakizashi struck the bed, and bounced back with a body slam. The figure hit the wall, but burst into smoke. Korius jumped onto the floor and brought up a rear kick, deflecting a slash by kicking the hand holding the wakizashi. He brought his foot back around and kicked the weapon out of the figure's hand. "You are all that Koara has said you were. Even without your arms, I can't assassinate you right away." Both of Korius' eyes were already glowing at this point. "So you must be Ferdande's master, one of 2 remaining Master Ninjas in Gaia, Sakuraba Hajime. So you know my situation and why I've sought you out?" The master nodded, "Indeed. However, I would like to inquire about your companions. Aside from Lady Kiana and Young Master Drevo, I question the others. We cannot allow just anyone into this city's sanctum." Korius sighed as he calmed down and his left eye stopped glowing, "The white one is the last remaining white mage in all of Gaia, the young one is the last of the infamous Szarda Ranger Clan, and the human is a mercenary we picked up. Don't worry, he's an idiot. Your city's sanctity isn't in danger with him. The last two are Elistra of the Dragons, sister to Elistro of the Black Flame, and Talin Lazarus, direct descendant of Chronin. But don't worry, they're not an issue."

Felodran sighed as he tossed and turned while in Drevo's room. When it seemed too much for him, he got up and left the room. "I'm gonna step out for a bit." The mercenary stepped out into the lobby and down the street, looking for a tavern to drink at.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #861 on: July 01, 2010, 11:38:04 PM »
Kiana sighed into the bedsheets. She knew that Elistra would come visit her to finish the conversation and what she said didn't anger her in any way. "Depends on the image you're talking about." She said, lifting her head and resting her chin on her folded arms. "If you're talking about the assumption you get of me, that came about because that's what I am...a noble who is a mage with a temper issue. If you're talking about the image of me being tough-slash-suffering quietly, that came from my brother's death. It was a couple years ago, I witnessed it but couldn't help because he told me to hide because he didn't want me to get hurt. My parents pretty much blamed me though they didn't say it, anyone could tell by how they looked at me. I blamed myself as well because even though I wasn't as experienced as I am now, I still could have most likely saved his life. The 'tough' act is just me covering up my pain. Simple as that. Though I am tough naturally too, in my own right." She stared at the wall with a blank expression as she talked since she was lying across the middle of the bed.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #862 on: July 02, 2010, 02:55:05 AM »
"Ah, issues from the past... that seems to be a recurring theme in this group, doesn't it?" Elistra mumbled as she searched for something else to talk about...

Meanwhile in their room, Talin was having a nightmare that caused his inherited powers to go off erratically on different surfaces. The overall look of the room was like things were being broken, fixed, then broken again. In his nightmare however, he could feel danger everywhere, and the red gem he inherited genetically from Chronin was his only source of illumination. However, it only gave a silhouette of the attackers, leaving him little choice but to attack those that came near. It was only when he stabbed the attackers did the illumination reveal his mother as the first to die, tears cascading down her face as shock was frozen into her features before falling at his feet. Then he stabbed another, seeing only his father's head resting on the flatside of the blade with rage carved into his stiff face. The stabbing continued until his entire family, as well as Kiana, Drevo, Kitt, and the white wolf were all dead at his feet. Are you satisfied brat, you (censorz) killed off all of them! He heard before the blade of Valius came crashing down in front of him, his gem's glow-range extending out to show both Korius and Valius with their blades drawn...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #863 on: July 02, 2010, 03:40:11 AM »
Drevo rolled and fussed about as he slept. By looking at it it seemed he was having a nightmare. And he was. He was standing on the other side of a pile of bodies. The bodies were of his family. As he wept over them Elistro came up behind him and put his hand on his shoulder. "You know...I enjoyed killing them. Unfortunately they were weak. They didn't even stand a chance." Drevo's tears dyed and he became enraged, pushing Elistro's hand off his shoulder and standing up to face him. "I'll kill you!" With that he swung at Elistro, who faded into nothing; laughing. "Even you are weak, Drevo. Give up." Again he punched at a newly formed Elistro, who faded again. "Give up like you gave up on your men. Your family. Your friends..." He continued to punch a fading Elistro until many of them appeared and formed a circle around Drevo. All the Elistro's spoke in unison. "You can't protect them. You can't protect any of them. You couldn't save Valius. You just let him die." "I-...I couldn't do anything! It wasn't my fault!" "You were weak, Drevo. That's why he died!" The circle of Elistros cackled. "Shut up!" "You couldn't even save Vladimir!" "Shut up!" "How can you expect to save any of them..." They began to walk towards Drevo who swung wildly at them until they were all gone. Just then Elistro's sword pierced Drevo from behind. "...If you can't even save yourself." Drevo woke up in a cold sweat. "Bastard!" Drevo got out of bed and headed to the door. "Drevo." Drevo froze and turned to the voice. He saw Ferdande perched on the window sill looking in on him. "Ferdande..." "You should quiet yourself. People are sleeping. Stay in here until morning. I already told Alexia you've arrived. She's planning on greeting you with breakfast, don't spoil it by running off." "So...Has your master agreed? Will she help us?" "It's...Being discussed as we speak. Just stay in here and go back to bed. It will be better for everyone." Drevo huffed and went to lay back down.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #864 on: July 02, 2010, 08:53:58 AM »
Aside from the strange dream, Kitt slept soundlessly that night.... Waking slowly he stretched, before falling off the bed with a muffled -thump-....
"Darn... stupid, bed...."
Picking himself up, he wandered over to the window, stifling a wide yawn... the sun's first rays where climbing over the city rooftops, and on the chimney opposite a small blackbird chirruped its morning call.... Kitt mimed raising a crossbow, squared his sights on the bird and...
"Ka-thunk! Gotcha..."
He smirked, lowering the invisible crossbow and watching the blackbird continue to sing joyfully.... how could he have been so full of rage only hours ago?... He smiled, a new day..... a new take on life....

Having got dressed, and gotten tangled in his cloak at least twice, he opened the door to his room and crept quietly out downstairs.... There werent many people around, and most didnt even look up at a young boy wearing a traveling cloak anyway.... Sitting down in an empty corner of the room, he pulled out his repeater crossbow and started the laborious process of oiling the mechanisms, and treating the wood with beeswax...

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #865 on: July 02, 2010, 01:21:52 PM »
Korius came out of his room and went out to the lobby, where food was prepared for them and a few new faces were sitting at the table and greeted him. Hajime placed a hand on his shoulders as he/she greeted him. "Be at ease. Everyone in the town knows of you and your companions and there is nothing to worry about. You all have been labeled guests of honor and you will be treated as such. The training will begin after breakfast. We have a large ranch in which has an underground training facility that we use. We will take you there soon. For now, eat." Korius couldn't help but notice that despite Hajime's voice and body shape, Hajime had the deep voice of a man. "I don't mean to sound rude, but..." Hajime chuckled, "I'm almost the same as Koara, except I have a man's voice. But we're pretty much the same, otherwise. And no, you're not my type."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #866 on: July 02, 2010, 02:37:54 PM »
Kiana re-situated herself on the bed so she was laying on it correctly and leaned her staff against the bedside table. "Yes, it does." She responded. Closing her eyes, she ended up falling asleep quickly without any warming for herself or Elistra. The next morning she awoke early and grabbed her staff before exiting the room. Kitt and Korius were already there eating away so she sat beside Kitt and started to eat as well. She glanced around at the new faces only once and kept her eyes on her food and the table the rest of the time. She didn't feel comfortable with the new people there but she figured they might be the ones who were going to help with their training.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #867 on: July 03, 2010, 01:02:55 AM »
Talin stumbled his way down the stairs, only a shirt of chainmail beyond his leggings and shoes to cover his body as he looked like a mess. He started to argue with the chef before heading to a lone table with three different courses for himself. Waking me up only two hours after sleeping to keep me up until I had four hours of sleep... he seethed before almost inhaling two of the three dishes, then slowing down to eat the last meal. Elitsra came down shortly after he was done with his third plate, and had a smirk on her face as she calmly took two meals and sat down next to Talin, leaning on him as she had her breakfast.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #868 on: July 03, 2010, 01:32:09 AM »
Drevo was still asleep as the others stirred. The only thing that woke him up was a knock on his door. He sat up rubbing his eyes and looked to the door which was opened. Alexia walked in with a bright smile. "Good morning, Drevo! I brought you breakfast!" "Oh...I didn't expect that. Thanks, Alexia." Alexia walked over to the side of his bed and put the food down next to Drevo. He started eating it and she just stared at him which made him a little uncomfortable. "Uhm...What?" "Nothing, well, I should be going. Enjoy the food." "Uhm...Okay. See you later, thanks for the food." Alexia got off the bed and walked out of the room, closing the door behind her. "Drevo..." Drevo choked on his food not expecting Ferdande to have returned. "Ferdande, what are you doing here?" "What was that? You acted as if you knew she was coming." "I did, you told me!" "Your an idiot, Drevo...Hurry up and eat. Your request has been accepted. You and your friends will be trained." "So you going to teach me that knife trick?" "No...You wouldn't be able to do it. You've got no chakra, Ki or magicka. If you attempted that...trick...You would kill yourself." Drevo swallowed the food in his mouth and looked at Ferdande. "You just don't want to teach me." "...Eat your breakfast...You'll need your energy." With that Ferdande turned himself around. Looking back he said just before vanishing. "I get to train you." Again Drevo choked on his food.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #869 on: July 03, 2010, 08:51:37 AM »
Kitt hungrily gulped down his breakfast.... He only just realised how hungry he had been recently.... It was true that Rangers went for days without food while in the forests. But that didnt mean they couldnt get hungry...
"So Korius..." He swallowed noisily, already reaching for another bread roll "You got n'idea what the trainin' gonna be like?" He talked between mouthfuls of bread, looking up at Korius curiously....